Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Coat the teeth in oil and spices, toss up lettuce and other veg and fixings into the air and then slice them with the chainsaw in one hand and catch them in a plate/bowl in another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
"I learned this from Hisako." said Soma as he withdrew a bundle of acupuncture needles coated in a concentrated secret blend of herbs and spices. Holding a needle between each of his fingers he proceeds to pierce the steak over a hundred times with superhuman speed...

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

you think this is crazy but wait until we get to the dark chef who shoots food bullets out of his food gun into people's mouths

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Some of y'all are acting like Chainsaw Chef is a sudden departure for this series. I don't really understand that after Mimasaka and the Sushi Samurai dude.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

where the red fern gropes posted:

you think this is crazy but wait until we get to the dark chef who shoots food bullets out of his food gun into people's mouths

Can't wait for the dark chef who just throws in some psilocybin into everything for a mind altering flavour

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Cannabis Bread.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Some of y'all are acting like Chainsaw Chef is a sudden departure for this series. I don't really understand that after Mimasaka and the Sushi Samurai dude.

Mimasaka's gimmick was "I watch what you do and improve on it" and sword man is just carrying around a standard bluefin tuna knife.

Related to that I looked up the elite 10 so I could remember what the hell sword man's gimmick was and seeing Souma in the 1st seat spot actually makes me feel annoyed.

It just feels so out of nowhere!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

FAT EVIL CLOWN CHEF!! FAT EVIL CLOWN CHEF!!!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/291/5534/1

In case anyone needs a link

I actually have no idea what happened in about half of it because my eyes just loving glazed over and I skipped through

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

cool dumb rear end poo poo happened

fat evil clown chef

reanimator chef

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

These dark chefs are so lame

I just want someone to call them out on being circus performers and the Head Blue Book guy wanting to be entertained more than having a good meal

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

what the jesus christ am i reading

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

what the jesus christ am i reading

The sad death throes of a really fun manga

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Evil Chef Clown lame as hell. All is lost.

"I cut food thinly and demean it so it tastes better" :wtc:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I thought people saying the dark chefs were Xcution were just joking.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
At this rate, the next chef will prepare his beef dish by making it while jumping a shark.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

oh i get it, she's chinese

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
smh have you guys never heard of tenderized meat

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This is basically food Bleach now

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Fabricated posted:

Hey let's not be too harsh, maybe if it takes 100 chapters of this to get to the end of Blue.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the clown puts food into grilling balls and juggles them until they're delicious

that owns, you fools

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mimesweeper posted:

Hey let's not be too harsh, maybe if it takes 100 chapters of this to get to the end of Blue.
Well worst girl is gonna win so we're in the orbit of a Bleach-tier ending

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'd like to think that my prior statement was criticism-neutral. The more I think about this issue the more it continually loops from dumb to amazing back to dumb again.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

You guys are awful, this is exactly the kind of thing I want out of this manga. Insane chefs doing totally bullshit nonsense cooking.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

DISH BLOOD

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Fabricated posted:

if you consume it, you die

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I don't mind the ridiculousness itself, it's just that we're suddenly getting an info dump on what will clearly become fodder. Feels rushed and cheap.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Hmmm...Four named Dark Chefs and there are four Totsuki Chefs right now? Hmmm....

:thunk:

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
this stuff owns how can you not think a clown cooking perfect meat by special ovens that use centrifugal force rules

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

pnumoman posted:

I don't mind the ridiculousness itself, it's just that we're suddenly getting an info dump on what will clearly become fodder. Feels rushed and cheap.

welcome to shounen battle manga

like almost every single shounen battle manga

you can tell this thread has lost sight of what's important because nobody has mentioned that when they went "ah, you think only the dark chefs are becoming super human??" and they immediately cut to tadokoro getting ready to DESTROY AN UPSTART

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Patware posted:

the clown puts food into grilling balls and juggles them until they're delicious

that owns, you fools

Infinity Gaia posted:

You guys are awful, this is exactly the kind of thing I want out of this manga. Insane chefs doing totally bullshit nonsense cooking.

dudermcbrohan posted:

this stuff owns how can you not think a clown cooking perfect meat by special ovens that use centrifugal force rules

I agree with all of this, they're setting up some utterly absurd nonsense villains for the main characters to take down with proper culinary wizardry and their own personal touches, this is all perfect and I fuckin love it all. Megumi is going to CRUSH these fools with kindness and it will own so hard.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Patware posted:

you can tell this thread has lost sight of what's important because nobody has mentioned that when they went "ah, you think only the dark chefs are becoming super human??" and they immediately cut to tadokoro getting ready to DESTROY AN UPSTART

The early stuff handled some slice of life and actual cooking elements, but lost both threads a while ago.

I'm in full support of what's happening now, but only because the magic of the first couple arcs seems to have worn off

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Souma needs to make some bread that rewinds time to before the Central arc and save the manga

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Electric Phantasm posted:

I thought people saying the dark chefs were Xcution were just joking.

I made that joke and I thought I was :magical:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
The clown has bowls that get hot that he juggles and apparently cooks with.

Apparently he juggles these hot bitches for several minutes while everyone watches and doesn't get bored.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
My issue with these dark chefs is that their way of cooking is way too bizarre.
This is the kind of stuff that should be used for the judging of the cooking.

Like the reactions to the food should be the things that are way over the top and out there. That's always been part of the charm of this series. By taking that element and using it in the "real world" you lose part of what made those moments so memorable.

A dish prepared with a spice infused chainsaw, is something a judge would use to describe a dish. Not something that's actually happening.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Death Bot posted:

The early stuff handled some slice of life and actual cooking elements, but lost both threads a while ago.

I'm in full support of what's happening now, but only because the magic of the first couple arcs seems to have worn off

I guess I can see it, may as well embrace the crazy poo poo the author's writing because he decided to phone it in

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"
The dark chefs are just a more extreme version of the dude Kurokiba beat during the club purge shokugekis. I expect them to lose in pretty much the same fashion and then never appear again, which is fine since it was fun to see them once, but I’m hoping after this we get some opponents with less hyper-specific skillsets.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mulderman posted:

My issue with these dark chefs is that their way of cooking is way too bizarre.
This is the kind of stuff that should be used for the judging of the cooking.

Like the reactions to the food should be the things that are way over the top and out there. That's always been part of the charm of this series. By taking that element and using it in the "real world" you lose part of what made those moments so memorable.

A dish prepared with a spice infused chainsaw, is something a judge would use to describe a dish. Not something that's actually happening.

agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Patware posted:

yeah i can't wait for megumi to lose but also show that she has ~potential~, again.