Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ippos gonna start smacking around the girlfriend on his way to being a true monster to become champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

That Works posted:

Ippos gonna start smacking around the girlfriend on his way to being a true monster to become champ
Truly, completing his turn into Japanese Mike Tyson.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Coach needs to start a fight with Ippo's future opponents, let them beat the poo poo out of him, and use this to drive Ippo into a vengeful frenzy.

Jello Robot
Feb 17, 2011
Ippo's comeback fight after he learns how to unleash his anger is gonna be against a strange bearded man from a nearby island who possesses incredible stamina, strength and balance...just like Ippo! After unleashing a devastating flurry of angry blows at the old man, Ippo realizes that this man is in fact his long lost father suffering from amnesia...which was cured by Ippo's punches...but croaks right there and then in the ring, grateful that his memories came back before dying and happy that his son is really strong...THE END

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Oh lawdy!

MMA Experts Breakdown Hajime No Ippo • How Realis…: https://youtu.be/vb8M3Wt8cOk

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Toshimo posted:

Oh lawdy!

MMA Experts Breakdown Hajime No Ippo • How Realis…: https://youtu.be/vb8M3Wt8cOk

Oh God, they're watching that godawful dub on top of it.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Toshimo posted:

Oh lawdy!

Gotta love how we now have legitimate, professional validation from experts on what has been said so many times in this thread before: the coach has no idea what he is doing.

I was expecting the video to just be about the fighting techniques (flicker, dempsey roll, smash, etc.) but I loved how the MMA experts kept ragging on the coach. They were really getting into the psychology of being a fellow gym member, a coach, and a cornerman, and how everyone in the Kamogawa Gym is so bad at that. To me, it's like the number one reason Ippo lost his fight to Eiji Date: Takamura and the coach just dumped on Ippo about how the champion is so powerful and how he's not worthy to take up that position. So much negativity in that gym; where's the support?!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
they're all jealous of Ippo's enormous hog and constantly seek to drag him down because of it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

CharlestonJew posted:

they're all jealous of Ippo's enormous hog and constantly seek to drag him down holding it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

they're all jealous of Ippo's enormous hog and constantly seek to drag him down because of it

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

CharlestonJew posted:

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012
I went back and read the chapter where Ippo slaps the kid again, and I noticed he loving steps in and puts his hips into it as well.

It must have been like being hit with a baseball bat.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

CharlestonJew posted:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is this a new thread title request I'm smelling?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Wark Say posted:

Hell yeah.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Wark Say posted:

Wark, what *is* the proper way to go about asking for a thread rename? Asking for a thread in SH/SC.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Well, you hafta understand that different mods jive with different things. A good clue is this: If the content is funny, that helps a lot. We're a comedy forum first and foremost. And seeing how Ippo has a lot of his humor based on juvenile, dick and fart jokes, CharlestonJew's post about Ippo being well-endowed struck a chord enough that maybe, just maybe, a thread title change was in the cards.

Direct Messages or suggestions on the stickied threads are also welcome.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Looks like the bully has a conscience after all. Might be a path for redemption later on. If he can catch the leaves and learn a proper respect for gloves.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

AND THEN: nothing happened lmao

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Remember when Kentaro Miura, the author of Berserk, drew a picture of Takamura for Ippo's 1000th chapter? Apparently he was an assistant for Morikawa when he was in college. Now I really want to see him draw that slap scene.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

my parents boyfriend posted:

Remember when Kentaro Miura, the author of Berserk, drew a picture of Takamura for Ippo's 1000th chapter? Apparently he was an assistant for Morikawa when he was in college. Now I really want to see him draw that slap scene.

If it was a thing that would happen, you'd have to wait approximately 20 years for it.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
a link to the new chapter, for the lazy.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Huzzah! posted:

a link to the new chapter, for the lazy.

Oh good, another sub-plot that goes absolutely nowhere and wastes everyone's time.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao that's called a concussion buddy.

Might wanna get that looked at.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

Oh good, another sub-plot that goes absolutely nowhere and wastes everyone's time.

i think The Slap was worth it

specifically the panels where taihei sees it coming, puts his hands up to block, and still has enough time to process that he failed to block it and shits his pants a second time

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So, Ippo has a punch that surpasses the Heartbreak Shot that stops your time.

This one literally goes back and just deletes the last fifteen minutes of your life from your brain.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Maybe Taihei and Ippo can share a hospital room together when they've succumbed to their brain damage

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

So, Ippo has a punch that surpasses the Heartbreak Shot that stops your time.

This one literally goes back and just deletes the last fifteen minutes of your life from your brain.

Nah fam all punches can do that. It's called a concussion

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Patware posted:

i think The Slap was worth it

specifically the panels where taihei sees it coming, puts his hands up to block, and still has enough time to process that he failed to block it and shits his pants a second time

if that is the only thing that comes out of this entire subplot then, hell, it was definitely worth it

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
~claaaassic japanese justice system~

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
oh god tahei is aoki's brother

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

tbp posted:

Their noses are identical and they have a similar face shape, so this is actually plausible.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

tbp posted:

Oh man this is really plausible.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hate how plausible it is. I'm not ready for that reveal.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

You, uh, notice anything there?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahahaha hooooly poo poo

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

mossyfisk posted:

You, uh, notice anything there?

Oh my god how did I not see that frog.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
also the other big hint is the most morikawa joke of all loving time --- aoki joining TAKAMURA of all people to insult the "failure of a brother"

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i can't believe ippo killed aoki's little brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

OMG this is going to be delicious (like his ramen apparently) and amazing if it turns out that way.