Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

i have to say since i have a new account none of this has any impact on me whatsoever but i also have to say with some of the poo poo i've read has gone on lately i am a bit wishy washy on spending literally infinity energy farming bastilla and jolee on these hard nodes.

because of the timing of where thrawn and palpatine showed up i will have both of them at 5. i will be able to get hera to six in the next day but from what i understand 6* thrawn is way beyond what i'll be able to do at level 61 or 62. i absolutely cant crack top 50 in my arena shard because as it turns out my account joined the tail end of a new arena shard and i dont have the patience or interest in rerolling after that happened. i do consistently sit top 100 but i'm not sure how long that will be true if i put off getting phoenix to 7. i think i want to try and do ezra to 7 and then join QGJ so i can at least get some raid materials and the shards, i've been waiting on a 7* for that reason, is that dumb or no.

anyway i got cad bane, i'm trying to get boba, i want to have a few BH semi ready and i kinda wanna farm KRU after i finish Ezra since i figure i'll have a long time to worry about finishing phoenix before palpatine and thrawn come back, but i really would prefer to keep top 100 in arena for the 100 crystals. i don't know. phoenix mirror matches are irritating as hell in arena.

right now my roadmap is ezra/kanaan both to 7 as they'll also be part of a GMY team later, and farming bastilla and jollee for revan asap. that'll give me 4/5th of a GMY team as well as a decent headstart on a bastilla team for arena. in the meantime i think i can work on KRU in cantina until i can unlock the other two in there. whats the timetable on events like EP and thrawn, how much time am i looking at before they're back and i have to worry about getting them at 7?

Top 200 is a realistic target and will allow you 2 arena buys/day. Just fight to keep that for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

If you can stay in top 100 of your arena shard consider yourself lucky. I spent most of my arena time at ~500. I got lucky with ship arena bc one of my pubbie guildmates was talking about a good raid team that included DV, TFP and tarkin, so I was well set up for it. Arena meta also changes far more often than ship arena

lol, we're in the loving golden age of ship meta right now. Every fleet commander can realistically have good starting fleet without much overlap in mainline units. What we're missing now is a wide-variety of quality reinforce abilities.

Akbar/bugs
thrawn/BH's
Mace/republic stall
Tarkin/biggs + TIES

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
So the holiday gifts they gave out seems to have glitched for me. When I claimed them in my inbox they just disappeared and I don't seem to have received anything. Can anyone tell me what the gifts were and if it's worth opening a ticket with Captial Games over it?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Burning_Monk posted:

So the holiday gifts they gave out seems to have glitched for me. When I claimed them in my inbox they just disappeared and I don't seem to have received anything. Can anyone tell me what the gifts were and if it's worth opening a ticket with Captial Games over it?

They haven't 'opened' yet, when you claimed them it said something about having to wait

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, it's, uh...weird, but we don't know what's in them yet.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

They haven't 'opened' yet, when you claimed them it said something about having to wait

That is incredibly strange. Didn't get that message but Okay guess I will wait. Thanks

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
They are literally just 3 portraits, that are currently hidden inside portraits depicting a box.

So yes, your portrait can currently be a box if you so desire.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Star Wars Muppet Christmas Special portraits imo

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Porgs and squeezetit green milk.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

one of them seems like its very obviously carbonite han

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

is young lando worth farming on the fleet nodes? theres not a lot i can actually farm in fleet and it'd basically be between him + his ship and the tie fighter pilot ship, but i can buy that in shipment shards.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

is young lando worth farming on the fleet nodes? theres not a lot i can actually farm in fleet and it'd basically be between him + his ship and the tie fighter pilot ship, but i can buy that in shipment shards.

Yes bc his ship is the best 3rd or 4th reinforcement and he will probably work fine in a qira lead scoundrel team

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
If you haven't found it yet you can go into grand arena event rewards to click on your opponent and see their inventory. Mine looks like a complete pushover, our gp is almost exactly the same but they have 4 g12 and I have 16

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

If you haven't found it yet you can go into grand arena event rewards to click on your opponent and see their inventory. Mine looks like a complete pushover, our gp is almost exactly the same but they have 4 g12 and I have 16

I didn't even bother, and did the honorable thing: assign Traya Sith and Throopers on the top, CLS Rebels and Rogue One on the bottom.

JTR and Nightsisters are gonna win their fights so we'll just see who's who.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Thanks for this. What an odd place to bury that.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, it's, uh...weird, but we don't know what's in them yet.

Very common in Madden to do stuff like this, especially for Christmas. It's the whole "it's a present, don't open until Christmas, etc." schtick.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It's Lumpy

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

mdemone posted:

I didn't even bother, and did the honorable thing: assign Traya Sith and Throopers on the top, CLS Rebels and Rogue One on the bottom.

JTR and Nightsisters are gonna win their fights so we'll just see who's who.

Mine has a 3* Tie Fighter Pilot, the absolute rube.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

lol, we're in the loving golden age of ship meta right now. Every fleet commander can realistically have good starting fleet without much overlap in mainline units. What we're missing now is a wide-variety of quality reinforce abilities.

Akbar/bugs
thrawn/BH's
Mace/republic stall
Tarkin/biggs + TIES

Real deal - with Tarkin, do Hounds Tooth if you have it or Biggs if you don't. Use Imp Tie and Gauntlet out the gate, with TA, TR +2 as your reinforces. The amount of TM up you get from Executor/Gauntlet/Tie means you will often take 2 turns per enemy turn (small and cap ships). It chews through everything like butter. Only real downside is you have to star/gear up Gar Saxon and Super Commando.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TheAnomaly posted:

you have to star/gear up Gar Saxon and Super Commando.

no

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I hosed up and didn't get Home One to 5* yet, I don't think I can unlock Chimaera now :(

I seem to get wiped pretty quickly when I try to do the 5* Home One battle, any tips? My highest level ships eligible are Ghost, Phantom, Wedge, Biggs, and Anakin. I seem to die by the time the 4th reinforcement is on the table.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Welp I'm screwed. My opponent has almost 30 G12s and almost all of them have Zetas. gently caress he even has Zetas on all his Phoenix members.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

1st AD posted:

I hosed up and didn't get Home One to 5* yet, I don't think I can unlock Chimaera now :(

I seem to get wiped pretty quickly when I try to do the 5* Home One battle, any tips? My highest level ships eligible are Ghost, Phantom, Wedge, Biggs, and Anakin. I seem to die by the time the 4th reinforcement is on the table.

as I recall, there's some RNG to this fight. Just keep trying and wait for a favorable board where the enemy commander forgets it has reinforcement abilities.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

1st AD posted:

I hate the Home One 7* requirement for a 7* Chimaera. It's a good thing I don't take this game seriously.

Also, my grand arena opponent has approximately the same GP, but a lot fewer Zetas, and one less G12.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Moral_Hazard posted:

I hate the Home One 7* requirement for a 7* Chimaera. It's a good thing I don't take this game seriously.

Yeah, I actually spent $2 on some crystals the other day so I could reset the Home One mission to get the last shards I needed for 7 stars, since I saw the Chimera event was coming. "gently caress, no, I am not missing it by 10 loving shards."

Yeah, the plan worked on me, but it's only $2, so oh well.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I somehow got lucky with getting the last few shard for Home One 7* just prior to this event. Unlocked Chimaera 7* on my first try.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

1st AD posted:

For Thrawn i used Biggs Phoenix Wedge and Cassian
I have Thrawn ship at 7* and have gotten that over 3 events, first 5* then 6* then 7*.

My ship speeds are Biggs, Ghost, Phantom
Start with Biggs basic and hope for a target lock to get him to soak damage. If you got a TL either Reaper or Vader will dispell the taunt. If you did not get a TL then hope that the enemies still shoot at Biggs.
Next Ghost gets to go, if Biggs does not have taunt and/or have taken a decent chunk of damage use Ghosts TL skill to get taunt back onto Biggs and restore his protection. Getting 2 TLs here is gold. If Biggs has taunt and have not taken a lot of damage wait to use this skill! Instead use the critup skill.
Use Phantom's assist skill on Ghost and target whichever enemy (reaper/vader) that did NOT use their dispell, and hope you get rid of them before they fire off the dispell.
Sometime during this Ackbar has gotten a turn as well, use his mass assist skill while targeting the same ship as above; by now you should have gotten 5-8 shots onto this ship and it should have been long dead.
For your first reinforcement put Wedge out if the enemy has no more dispells and Biggs has taunt, or Cassian if Biggs does not have taunt. If it is the latter case then use Threat Assesment to get taunt onto Biggs.
The rebel lineup has a lot of random assists and assists you can call so there is quite a lot of RNG here. Regardless i found all 3 events fairly easy; oneshotting 5* and 6* and 3 tries to get 7* with mostly G9-10 Phoenix, G8 Cassian, G9 Wedge and G12 Biggs and few to none ship omegas and very few character omegas.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think you have Ghost and Phantom II reversed.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Popete posted:

I somehow got lucky with getting the last few shard for Home One 7* just prior to this event. Unlocked Chimaera 7* on my first try.

I think they put the home one event before chimaera for this reason. Also all the ship even fights have gotten way easier since the big fleet change of starting with 3 ships on the field instead of 5

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Got Thrawn to 7* :boom:

What's the next rare person event that I should start farming/gearing for?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Syrinxx posted:

Got Thrawn to 7* :boom:

What's the next rare person event that I should start farming/gearing for?

Which rare ones don't you have and how badly do you want to grind? Do you have R2 or BB8?

Are you in a guild?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Zachack posted:

Which rare ones don't you have and how badly do you want to grind? Do you have R2 or BB8?

Are you in a guild?
I have CLS, Yoda, R2D2 and Thrawn. I'd like to get BB8 for sure.

I am in a guild called Forest Goons of Endor which I thought was actually goons but is not. Would like to join a real goon guild.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Syrinxx posted:

I am in a guild called Forest Goons of Endor which I thought was actually goons but is not. Would like to join a real goon guild.

Yeah get a first order team together for bb8 (if you havent already), then work on the rest of RJT requirements imo. Though these days you could go for the revan (old republic) or Chewie(bounty hunters) requirements depending on what else you have

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Syrinxx posted:

If you're in a guild you should be getting guild shop bux to buy hermit Yoda.

I would argue your next priority should be a first order squad to get bb8 and then JTR, which has a lovely grind. Or bypass and do the Revan grind.

Another option could be Chewbacca because I think you can get a full bounty hunter squad from shops and Jango is now a pro farm because his node is the same as hounds tooth (you also want bossk). It depends on what your shop bux intake is.

If you join a guild capable of farming Traya then you may want to think about grinding Nihilious and Sion.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Nice, every time I win a Grand Arena battle I have to restart my game. Good job guys, solid code there.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Burning_Monk posted:

Nice, every time I win a Grand Arena battle I have to restart my game. Good job guys, solid code there.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189480/grand-arena-error-code-11

quote:

Hi Holotable Heroes,
We are aware of the error that is occurring after battles that is causing the client to restart and NOT count towards your Banners. Please hold off on battling in the Grand Arena until we get this fixed

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

cool, cool cool. Only did four battles before seeing this. :rolleyes: :commissar:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Zachack posted:

I would argue your next priority should be a first order squad to get bb8 and then JTR, which has a lovely grind. Or bypass and do the Revan grind.

even though i only have palpatine and thrawn at 5 i am starting on the revan grind. three hard nodes is gonna be a long rear end time, and since i am gonna have kanan and ezra from phoenix anyway that's basically a ready made revan arena team, altho obviously not the ideal one. but it seems like since there are three hard nodes anyway i might as well start on it now.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Burning_Monk posted:

cool, cool cool. Only did four battles before seeing this. :rolleyes: :commissar:

yeah, they really should have put out some sort of in game announcement, rather than just on their forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I wish this game had something in between the legendary characters and their more basic counterparts - a Jedi Luke or Rey that didn't take so many resources to farm would be cool.

Maybe I should focus on Revan after I 7* Thrawn and forget about BB8 and Rey.