Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Grundulum posted:

What part of it is troubling you? The color brown has some awesome tanks (Gorgotha, Glaycion, or Stonehammer) to absorb skull hits, and it has Sylvanimora who can keep the enemy troops entangled. Diviner can help with clearing off Frozen, but has color overlap with Sylvanimora. Use any Mang-like weapons you have at the high levels since completely stripping an enemy’s armor is huge when they have 200+. I have been using Trickster’s Shot as suggested before:

Gorgotha
Glaycion
Trickster’s Shot (Titan class, but not mission-critical since it doesn’t start up front)
Ubastet

Have not had any problems so far. Ubastet could be swapped for something else without ruining the team.

Edit: my constant worry is rooms with Spirit Foxes and Ancient Golems. If we ever get scrolls of fireball, that’s what I am saving them for.

Thanks. I've been trying to survive with my hero in front and keeping barrier up. Mountain crusher, Glaycion, and a Nobend Brothers to loop (hence a single freeze bothering me so much). I don't have any mythics yet, or Trickster's Shot or Earth Fury, but I do have Gorgotha and Glaycion and Diviner, maybe I'll try those plus Rope Dart.

e: Yeah this new team is great. Lots of blue/yellow synergy to keep generating extra turns once it gets going, and so many entangles.

Floor 21
Rare: Armor
Ultra-Rare: Unlock
Epic: Haste
Legendary: Armor

And the doom team has one-shot mcspirit fox so it's break time.

Enkor fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Dec 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bandire posted:

New goblin mythic coming up on Friday.

In the Pot:Deal [Magic +4] damage to an enemy, with a chance to Devour them equal to my Attack. Gain an extra turn. [1x]

What could go wrong?

So how do we increase attack over a hundred really fast?

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Ultimate Mango posted:

So how do we increase attack over a hundred really fast?

My first thoughts are Earth's Fury if facing high level troops, and Cauldron otherwise. Ethereal Sentry could also work, but it shares colors with High King.

New Mythic should be around 35 attack with good kingdom bonuses and the guild bonuses. Earth's Fury would get him over 100 when stripping ~200 armor in one cast, and Cauldron would work with two casts. Ethereal Sentry would get attack to 78 in one cast (with my stat bonuses, assuming no damage yet).

The only goblin that can increase attack is Princess Fizzbang, which is too unreliable to try.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Arbetor posted:

My first thoughts are Earth's Fury if facing high level troops, and Cauldron otherwise. Ethereal Sentry could also work, but it shares colors with High King.

New Mythic should be around 35 attack with good kingdom bonuses and the guild bonuses. Earth's Fury would get him over 100 when stripping ~200 armor in one cast, and Cauldron would work with two casts. Ethereal Sentry would get attack to 78 in one cast (with my stat bonuses, assuming no damage yet).

The only goblin that can increase attack is Princess Fizzbang, which is too unreliable to try.

I just beat the level 20 doom with Earth's Fury. I miss the rain or brown gems that the crusher brought. Any intel on level 21? And what is the discord channel?

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

porktree posted:

Floor 20 doom is insane. If you beat it post your team, I came closest with Earth's Fury
Glaycion
King Bloodhammer
Ubastet

I only had the doom left, but a cascade of matches ripped through my team like a hot knife through butter, and I'm now out of Sigils.

Mountain Crusher (Titan)
Glaycion
Wrath
King Bloodhammer

Also beat Doom 21 with this team but luck is involved. Spirit Fox targeted my hero.

Floor 22:
Rare - Armor
Ultra-Rare - Attack
Epic - LUCK
Legendary - Unlock

Floor 23:
Rare - Armor

Out of sigils.

Thejaff fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 6, 2018

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Ultimate Mango posted:

Edit: never mind. Swapping the order to

Mountain Crusher
Glaycion
King bloodhammer
Ubastet

Sped things up for me. And Ubastet was useful in the non boss rooms still.

Been running this and its fast. I'm using the runepriest hero who also gets barrier on brown and is a dwarf so I swapped Ubastet for High King Ironforge so that my three dwarves start with half mana. Really helps get things rolling. Last time I ran out ability to fight long before running out of seals so I'm just clearing every room this time.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Thejaff posted:

Mountain Crusher (Titan)
Glaycion
Wrath
King Bloodhammer

Also beat Doom 21 with this team but luck is involved. Spirit Fox targeted my hero.

Floor 22:
Rare - Armor
Ultra-Rare - Attack
Epic - LUCK
Legendary - Unlock

Floor 23:
Rare - Armor

Out of sigils.

The Goblins in the Legendary room on 22 are a pain in the rear end.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Bandire posted:

New goblin mythic coming up on Friday.

We are at 34,340 seals. Make sure you collect your seals and pop your Clan orbs if you've got them.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bandire posted:

We are at 34,340 seals. Make sure you collect your seals and pop your Clan orbs if you've got them.

Orbs are popped, let’s get to 40k

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Bandire posted:

Noob question. Does that mean to use it on the chests?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Piggy Smalls posted:

Noob question. Does that mean to use it on the chests?

Guild seal chests get better the more seals your guild has collected, capping out at 40k.

Make sure you collect your seals if you haven't already. If you have clan orbs, you can use them at the seals screen. It's generally best to get your regular cap of 1500 before using them though, because it let's you go over your weekly contribution max for the week.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Any good team with Kerberos?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Piggy Smalls posted:

Not really. The chance of devour is too unreliable for offense, and his third trait is not useful either.

—————————

First miss on a mythic in a while for me. 2 VIP keys, 3200 glory keys, 1600 gem keys, and 14,000 seals for no new troops. (For reference, that was 2.2 mythics worth of keys I opened, and a 1 in 9 chance not to have gotten it.) Oh well. Guess I have a new troop to spend diamonds on eventually. Or I will get greedy and keep spending Guild seals.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Piggy Smalls posted:

Funny, I just got him as my first orange. Very exciting. Tried a few combinations and concluded that yeah, devour is too unreliable. :(

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Floor 23 continued:

Ultra-rare room: Armor
Epic room: Unlock
Legendary room: Armor

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
I actually got the Mythic from my second bunch of 200 glory keys.. Lucky!

Does not feel all that great so far. 24 mana for a 24 damage and an unreliable devour is pretty poo poo. Sure, once you've boosted his attack, he becomes great, but that means it takes a while to get going. In most fights you are not going to get off more than one devour so you might as well just use The Great Maw.

But who knows, maybe I just haven't found the right combination yet..

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Is it possible to miss stuff completely in this game, or do event-based card grabs always repeat eventually?

e: And an unrelated question, when should I switch classes? I just got the blue (legendary?) weapon for 250 wins with Warlord class. I tried switching to something else (mechanist, chosen at random) a short time ago and all that meant was suddenly I was losing most of my battles and couldn't wait to switch back. But I guess I do need to level those other classes at some point.

I guess once I finally get a Giant Spider I can build a closed-loop team that will carry my hero even when he's pathetically weak.

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Dec 7, 2018

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
Floor 24:

Rare - Life
Ultra-Rare - Unlock

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Maugrim posted:

e: And an unrelated question, when should I switch classes? I just got the blue (legendary?) weapon for 250 wins with Warlord class. I tried switching to something else (mechanist, chosen at random) a short time ago and all that meant was suddenly I was losing most of my battles and couldn't wait to switch back. But I guess I do need to level those other classes at some point.

I guess once I finally get a Giant Spider I can build a closed-loop team that will carry my hero even when he's pathetically weak.

The short answer is that the hero doesn't need to be in your party to count towards 250 wins. The only thing the hero gets from being in the party is class talent xp.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Maugrim posted:

Is it possible to miss stuff completely in this game, or do event-based card grabs always repeat eventually?

They repeat eventually or show up in the forge

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Yep, something like 2000 chests and no iron gut.

He will be craftable at some point, right?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Maugrim posted:

The trick to making your hero strong is to level up that class with souls - that's where most of the power comes from early on, when you need those level-up stats. Joining a guild is another way for an early power bump, because the guild gives flat bonuses to all your stats as well.

Some of the traits you unlock are very strong, e.g. the Titan one that gives you barrier - and are the reasons that folks choose one class over another. And once you've been playing a while it's not hard to max out a class's level - but for now that's a lot of souls to save up

And on missing things - there are past event weapons that we're not sure when we'll see them again. I think these days the event weapons we see tend to repeat pretty often, though it might be a few months if it's a delve or Tower of Doom weapon.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Thanks everyone for the replies! I guess I just need to play a few arena sessions and get those precious level-up souls, since they come very slow from doing quests.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Maugrim posted:

Thanks everyone for the replies! I guess I just need to play a few arena sessions and get those precious level-up souls, since they come very slow from doing quests.

Or stick with the class you've already leveled up - I don't think Machinist is one of the 'meta' classes that you see often from opponents

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Devor posted:

Or stick with the class you've already leveled up - I don't think Machinist is one of the 'meta' classes that you see often from opponents

I've got Titan to max level, I don't know how I can play without a hero that generates shields on brown matches. I do feel like I should be working up another class; what are you guys take on the values of different classes?

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I maxed Machinist by using a Bombot explore team forever and you can put together a decent Tesla team with it as well but i haven't seen much more than that with it. The dispel the other team on 4 match talent is nice vs barrier teams though.
I've seen some pretty annoying Frostmage teams lately.

Nothing seems to come close to Titan's utility though.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

A solid bard team is fun with yellow troops getting +1 to all stars every turn. I would run Gorgotha/Infernus/Kraken/Dawnbringer with it before I switched to titan.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

porktree posted:

I've got Titan to max level, I don't know how I can play without a hero that generates shields on brown matches. I do feel like I should be working up another class; what are you guys take on the values of different classes?

Runepriest has the same barrier on brown that titan does but is a different race. I leveled it up with a dwarf delve team and I usually use it instead of Titan.

Night Danger Moose posted:

A solid bard team is fun with yellow troops getting +1 to all stars every turn. I would run Gorgotha/Infernus/Kraken/Dawnbringer with it before I switched to titan.

Seconding Bard. I've seen some devastating bard PVP teams.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

porktree posted:

I'm a newbie, but I've been having a ton of luck with Priest.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
High King Irongut is fun in the Tower. Mine has 52 attack. On floor 10, if I get a lucky Devour, he can 100% devour anything remaining.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Getting irongut: it doesn't look like gem blossums will reach 20k seals this week, so should I be spending my seals to open guild chests now (post 10k)? How likely am I to get him if I can only afford like 60-70 chests?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I think at the 10k level they pull mythics at the same rate as glory keys. 70 keys is probably sub 1% chance.

I've been playing around with:

Kraken banner
Mountain Crusher Titan
Queen Ysabelle
Alchemist
High King Goblin guy

Its pretty fun. Ysabelle and the new Mythic go really well together.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
Floor 25:
Rare - Armor
Ultra-Rare - Armor
Epic - Unlock
Legendary - skipped

Floor 26 :
Rare - Armor
Ultra-Rare - Life
Epic - Armor
Legendary - Unlock

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Floor 27 :
Rare - Life
Ultra-Rare - Unlock
Epic -
Legendary -

Bandire fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 9, 2018

Crazy Elephant
Jan 7, 2018
Floor 28
Rare: Magic
Ultra-Rare: Attack
Epic: Unlock
Legendary: -

Doom - Haste

Floor 29
Rare - Unlock
Ultra-Rare -
Epic - Haste
Legendary -

Doom - Haste

Floor 30
Rare - Attack
Ultra-Rare - Unlock
Epic -
Legendary -

Doom - Armor

Floor 31
Rare - Unlock
Ultra-Rare -
Epic -
Legendary -

Doom - Haste

Floor 32
Rare - Armor
Ultra-Rare - LUCK
Epic - Armor
Legendary - Unlock

Doom - Life

Floor 33
Rare - Unlock
Ultra-Rare -
Epic -
Legendary -

Floor 34
Rare - Armor
Ultra-Rare -
Epic - Attack
Legendary - Unlock

Crazy Elephant fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 9, 2018

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

For the week of December 10, the arcane of the week is Blue/Purple (Spirit). 300 glory for one trait stone.

Key Troops:

Psion (Legendary) - The premier mana control troop. Drains mana from all enemies with the spell, and steals mana on skull damage. Unfortunately needs to be up front to steal mana, and has no tanking traits. Pair with Emperor Khorvash and Famine, round out with Ragnagord for explosions, to create a team that can be absolutely infuriating on defense.
Queen Mab (Legendary) - With freeze on 4 and 5 gem matches she is a cornerstone of a number of teams, especially as a counter to goblin teams. Key to the Justice League Team (Emperor Khorvash, Justice, Valkyrie, Queen Mab).
Scylla (Legendary) - Bonestorms on 4 and 5 gem matches, lethal damage and submerge from the spell. The bonestorms can be key to skull damage focused teams (the map farming team from last week.) (Side question: Are we getting Charybdis?)
Azura (Epic) - Dispel and explode, along with a random stat reduction. Very useful mana generator.

Other Notables:

Lady Anariel (Epic) - Self filling buffer that also generates green
Morthani's Will (Epic) - Tanking mana and armor thief
Princess Fizzbang (Epic) - One half of nearly every high end goblin team, with Nobend Brothers
Sea Witch (Epic) - Similar to Lady Anariel, fills brown instead of green.
Spiritdancer (Ultra-rare) - Transform selected color, with a spirit fox summon.
War Sphinx (Ultra-rare) - A jumble and bonus turn can actually be surprisingly useful.
Acolyte (Rare) - Easy low rarity source of bonus souls.
Poison Master (Rare) - Explodes greens, useful to fill out a rainbow team sometimes.

Other Legendaries:

Abhorath - Full board wipe, heal and gain attack. The full board wipe is a little too unpredictable to serve as board control, and heal to full is less useful then gaining flat health.
Lust - A directed charm seems like a great way to punish buffed attack values, and transform can be a great way to neuter dangerous enemies. Unfortunately the 40% chance is a little too low to rely on, and charm fails to work in too many circumstances to use in earnest. (entangle? no charm. Debuff attack? no charm. Killed adjacent enemies already? no charm.)

Looking back, spirit has some really good troops.

Mythics that use spirit are: Death, Zuul'Goth, Abynissia, Skadi, Pharos-Ra, and Fallen Valdis.

Death can be pretty irritating. Draining life from the enemy, which increases his spell damage. Death mark can completely ruin a good run, but is very RNG.
Zuul'Goth is... so expensive to make in the forge as to be a joke.
Abynissia is a great exploder on daemon teams. Be sure to trait out Infernal King if you use her.
Skadi summons Queen Mab and ruins your opponent's order. Infuriating.
Pharos-Ra should be among the first mythics you craft, for the same reason your first 500 gems should be spent to get Celestial Armor. Souls are something you will be farming for a looooong time. Can do very respectable damage when paired with another soul generator like Dragon Soul or Valkyrie.
Fallen Valdis - I think this is the second or third answer to the divine team that dominated the meta a few months ago (Divine Protector, Infernus, Ubastet, Divine Ishbala). They directly nerfed it, and they added Fallen Valdis and Blade of Guilt.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Seeing double Lust on pvp defense teams more often, and that third trait (charm a random enemy when an ally dies) plus the transform chance is gimmicky as hell, but boy does it sure feel lovely when the gimmick works. Seen it paired with other troops that either kill themselves and/or hero traits that summon.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Just wasted some money on a starter pack thing - that was probably dumb right?

Anyway, if there's room I'll be playing this for awhile - KADDISH_QDD8

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Kaddish posted:

Just wasted some money on a starter pack thing - that was probably dumb right?

Anyway, if there's room I'll be playing this for awhile - KADDISH_QDD8

I’ve spent more. Love the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Okay, people ask this all the time in the game forums, but I have enough diamonds to craft a mythic (relatively soon to be 2) and am not sure what to go for next. Currently have: Infernus, Pharos-Ra, Ubaster, Abynissia, Fallen Valdis, Stonehammer, Wulfgarok, Yasmine's Chosen. Do I go for one of the Apocalypse troops (Famine?), since I have no chance of getting those in chests? I guess I'd like to know if there are any mythics that are parts of teams people really like, or key to some really good Guild Wars defense teams, or whatever.