Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Do you guys think 9/11 happened in pokemon

Some people like to theorize the desert ruins in the middle of unova are supposed to be Ground Zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

Gruckles posted:

Some people like to theorize the desert ruins in the middle of unova are supposed to be Ground Zero.

I don't trust this to be a joke...

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
It's not a joke, though iirc it was just one guy who kicked it off and the rest of it was the internet telling him he was dumb and wrong.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
An airship does attack a major city in New York Unova
They even made an episode about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwcKXvNaKQ0

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Gruckles posted:

It more-or-less checks out (taking artistic license into account)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Catalina posted:

No memes outside of the meme threads is a good global rule, but it still makes me very sad that I would get probated if I posted the shocked Pikachu picture as a response to this.

the rule you're talking about only exists in your head im pretty sure, not that i think posting a bunch of memes is desirable in this case

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

mandatory lesbian posted:

the rule you're talking about only exists in your head im pretty sure, not that i think posting a bunch of memes is desirable in this case

https://www.somethingawful.com/forum-rules/forum-rules/

quote:

Low Content Posts: Please do not make posts containing no content (ie, "first post," "hello, I'm new here," etc.). These just litter up the forums and with over 100,000 registered users, we need to eliminate these as much as possible. If you do not like a thread, then just vote it a "1" and move on; replies consisting solely of trolling fall into this category. As a general rule, write as if you were speaking in real life to another human being. Do not use any catchphrases, memes, internet slang, or any other crap that makes you look like a 12-year old.

But like you said, probably best to air on the side of caution anyway

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
make this the next regional bird

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the GTS made trading pokemon far too easy and fun, thank goodness we're back to normal

getting these last few trades is like finding a needle in a haystack

yes i want an eevee version trader

do you have a koffing, yes your level 100 mewtwo is very impressive, but that koffing though

no how about a meowth

no i don't care about your dragonite

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/JamesTurner_42/status/1071402286411243521

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Hey guys - I am a happy new owner of a Nintendo Switch due to an earlly holiday gift....

What I'm sorta curious about is the degree to which that Pokeball controller is actually... worthwhile or worth getting. I admit the idea strikes me as very cool and I am SERIOUSLY impressed with the controller(s). I would rather not spend like ~$50 on an additional accessory if it doesn't really add all THAT much to the game, however, so I am reluctant to purchase it, and would be very curious whether this is the correct decision

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
It also makes Pokemon Go easier if you're into that. I'd think about it myself if they said you can use it in gen 8.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Also: Incineroar is hilarious in SmashUltimate. just FYI.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

kaworu posted:

Hey guys - I am a happy new owner of a Nintendo Switch due to an earlly holiday gift....

What I'm sorta curious about is the degree to which that Pokeball controller is actually... worthwhile or worth getting. I admit the idea strikes me as very cool and I am SERIOUSLY impressed with the controller(s). I would rather not spend like ~$50 on an additional accessory if it doesn't really add all THAT much to the game, however, so I am reluctant to purchase it, and would be very curious whether this is the correct decision

The Pokéball is not required and only adds a small level of immersion and a Mew for your game. I'd honestly say it's for serious Pokémon fans or just moderate ones with a little cash to burn.

I am the latter, and I love putting Eevee in it and taking her to the park.

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

Raserys posted:

I caught a shiny machop! He's a machoke now, can anyone help me evolve this guy

Did you ever get help with this? I tripped over a shiny Geodude that is now a Graveler I'd like to evolve too.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

watchoutitsabear posted:

Did you ever get help with this? I tripped over a shiny Geodude that is now a Graveler I'd like to evolve too.

speaking of that and trades I once had a random japanese person trade me a shiny graveler to evolve it, fully expecting i would trade it back

I did because i'm not a monster but jeez that is an amazing level of Internet Trust

anyway i'm willing to help evolve your boulderboy, i'm just fishing for koffing trades so it's not like I have anything better to do rn

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

No one to my knowledge has bit, so here's a bunch of Reshiram / Zekrom codes.
These ones are from me:
A869 AC4A 34M4 C3M4
A869 ACAP HUU7 HZPY
A869 ACDF 52SM ATMT

These ones are from Kurieg:
A869 G3K5 XR39 T339
A869 G3CH RAUN 72LC
A869 G3AX UNAJ 6NEL
A869 G3AL M2WY FRCW
A869 G38X FJRD QXSU
A869 G38C 8TSC QQ63
A869 G3LF 5GPQ W776

If you take one, see if you can come up with a clever limerick.

Here are Lugia / Ho-Oh codes from the last giveaway of the year:
A885 2PQK S8QQ RM4A
A885 2PQY REL8 QZGM
A885 2PST LHLC TSMP
A885 2PWL GY2R W8PQ
A885 2Q2F TNDA 5DFL

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

kaworu posted:

Basically:

Gives you a Mew

A different controller (I really don't like it as a controller) + catching mechanic kind of sort of is slightly less horrible in docked mode.

Really easy way to level up a Pokemon

Also acts as a Go Plus for the Pokemon Go phone game

If these are worth $50 to you (or $40 if you can still find the game + ball bundle at $100), then get it

But it is not at all necessary to enjoy the game.

Really the game plays best in handheld mode and it was clearly made to be a 3DS game.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kurieg posted:

Also: Incineroar is hilarious in SmashUltimate. just FYI.

He's a piece of poo poo and I hate him and his stupid lariat that keeps killing me.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Yinlock posted:

speaking of that and trades I once had a random japanese person trade me a shiny graveler to evolve it, fully expecting i would trade it back

I did because i'm not a monster but jeez that is an amazing level of Internet Trust

anyway i'm willing to help evolve your boulderboy, i'm just fishing for koffing trades so it's not like I have anything better to do rn

wait no, trade with me graveler person

I don't actually know how online trading works though

One Tall Fellow
Oct 22, 2006

Bow wow best friend.

Bow wow best friend.

Bow wow best friend.

Nth Doctor posted:

No one to my knowledge has bit, so here's a bunch of Reshiram / Zekrom codes.
A869 ACDF 52SM ATMT

If you take one, see if you can come up with a clever limerick.

Here are Lugia / Ho-Oh codes from the last giveaway of the year:
A885 2PQK S8QQ RM4A

Claimed these codes. Thanks!

There once was a lurker from Chi-town
Who wanted the Pokemon crown.
He started to flex
While adding 'mons to his Dex,
And ended up resembling a clown.

E:Also snagged this one from a few pages back

OgreNoah posted:

I've got two Shiny Poipole Codes for Ultra Sun/Moon.
Please respond if you have taken one of them.
A878NHZZ5FH3GHGA

One Tall Fellow fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 8, 2018

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

Raserys posted:

wait no, trade with me graveler person

I don't actually know how online trading works though

I got my guy evolved but I'll be happy to help you! You have to buy an online subscription from Nintendo and then you go to trade and enter a series of Pokemon as the "passcode" to trade with people. Once you've got online set up let me know!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The pokeball plus loving rules in Pokemon Go. If you have a Pokemon in it it automatically spins stops and gyms.

I turn in Pokemon go and sync it to the bank before leaving work, minimise it and turn my phone screen off, and when I get home I have about 20 pokestops worth of stuff. If you're going under 20mph(which I'm basically stuck going lower than that due to downtown traffic), you'll hit every stop.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
big thanks to watchoutitsabear for helping bring this shiny boy to fruition

i'm a little disappointed it loses the blue veins of shiny machoke, but beggars can't be choosers

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

Raserys posted:

big thanks to watchoutitsabear for helping bring this shiny boy to fruition

i'm a little disappointed it loses the blue veins of shiny machoke, but beggars can't be choosers

Haha same here, I was disappointed Geodude goes from a literal golden boy to a bronze bolder to a dirt-colored bolder.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

watchoutitsabear posted:

Haha same here, I was disappointed Geodude goes from a literal golden boy to a bronze bolder to a dirt-colored bolder.

same but aegislash. going from a bad rear end blood sword to a boring run-of-the-mill black blade

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Yinlock posted:

my first online trade was with a korean player for their graveler. i assumed they would wanna trade back but they disconnected as soon as the first trade was over

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Yinlock posted:

the GTS made trading pokemon far too easy and fun, thank goodness we're back to normal

getting these last few trades is like finding a needle in a haystack

yes i want an eevee version trader

do you have a koffing, yes your level 100 mewtwo is very impressive, but that koffing though

no how about a meowth

no i don't care about your dragonite

Are you still in need of more Eevee exclusives? I have a bunch saved up for trading, and some of the Pikachu exclusives wouldn't hurt, either. :)

We have a goon trading thread here on the Private Games Servers forum, and I do pretty well on the active reddits for pokemontrades, too.

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

Catalina posted:

Are you still in need of more Eevee exclusives? I have a bunch saved up for trading, and some of the Pikachu exclusives wouldn't hurt, either. :)

We have a goon trading thread here on the Private Games Servers forum, and I do pretty well on the active reddits for pokemontrades, too.

I knew I remembered there being a trading thread! Thank you! Going over there to ask for a Mankey!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So I've decided on the ice run.

The elite four is going to end me, aren't they

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

The White Dragon posted:

same but aegislash. going from a bad rear end blood sword to a boring run-of-the-mill black blade

Well of course, he lost No Guard so you're no longer cutting yourself on the blade.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
shiny Aegislash still has blood along the blade

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
there should be a ghost eevee and the stone you use to get it just a regular rock that you club your eevee to death with

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Eevee evolves into a ghost when you give it a bedsheet to hold.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I like the idea of the Tamagotchi Eevee turning into its ghost evolution when you neglect it and let it starve to death in its own poop.

E: Eevee evolutions typically evolve using evolution methods that were introduced in the generation they debuted in, so clearly the G8 games will involve a Pokémon pooping and hunger mechanic.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I like the idea of the Tamagotchi Eevee turning into its ghost evolution when you neglect it and let it starve to death in its own poop.

E: Eevee evolutions typically evolve using evolution methods that were introduced in the generation they debuted in, so clearly the G8 games will involve a Pokémon pooping and hunger mechanic.

The gotta poop screen notification will be like the old poisoned walking mechanic, until, well, they poo poo themselves. I presume that makes them worse in battle

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Clearly what Pokémon was missing was that Digimon World 1 feel.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Sorry but clearly the newest generation Pokemon game will be battle royale style.

Evolution stones will obviously be microtransactions.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Got 3 shinies in 3 days after reaching a 31+ chain. Took me about an hour to build to 31 and an hour to get the shiny to show up. I now have a shiny Magnemite, Lickitung, and Machoke. I have the shiny charm. I’m running low on money though I guess it’s time to run a train through the elite four a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

"Ash Ketchum is a bad character."

People are wrong and this is why: