Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Saint Freak posted:

What was the step you do in like 15 minutes by just cancelling leves over and over? Was that Umbrite?

Nope, umbrite is poetics only (75 a pop); the leves give you Amber Vilekin, which you can turn in for 2 untreated sands each.

Last night I burned ~65 allowances and got 4 vilekin. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Yep, getting Umbrite thru Moonstones and the like is way grindier.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

What was the step you do in like 15 minutes by just cancelling leves over and over? Was that Umbrite?
Yeah that's the umbrite step, takes a lot longer than 15 minutes though

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

When I'm collecting things for the Umbrite step, I prefer to grind out red scrips and trade them in for Blue Scrip Tokens.

125 red scrips gets you 5 blue scrip tokens, which then gets you 2 sands. You need anywhere between 30 to 40 turn-ins to collect all the sand you need, which means a total of 3,750~5,000 red scrips. That's pretty easy; you can get over 1k scrips every week from Custom Deliveries, and if you really need more you can gather collectables for Rowena. The caveat is that you must have a DoH/DoL class at 60+ to make this worthwhile, and I highly recommend DoL since it's faster and far easier on your wallet to gather collectables than it is to craft them.

Umbrite is the real killer since you still need to collect 60 to 80 pieces of that. At 75 poetics a pop, that's 4,500~6,000 poetics. If you have nothing else to buy with your poetics and you're even considering working on an Anima, it definitely doesn't hurt to burn some on Umbrite.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
All the "farm poetics" steps are grindy if you focus on them, their big advantage is you can passively get a lot of progress done doing basically anything that gives poetics if you don't mind it taking a few weeks.

But for umbrite/sand, get your GC squad some scrip traits.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RowsnkjdlEE

This is almost literally the plot of the Omega Raid in Stormblood.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Thundarr posted:

With a face pull anything that isn't in range of your Flash the instant you are seen is going to run off to hit whoever is doing anything else at all that seems threatening.
I can see the lob first method being a problem if you have a trigger happy ranged dps that opens up on a different target than you, though.

This sounds like face pulling without sprint. Because with sprint the time between when the mobs see you and you're in range to flash them requires like, the itchiest of itchy trigger fingers on your DPS/Healers. Which is true but the only thing that could possibly pull everything off of you after doing one flash is a BLM busting out a crit foul and if they're tri-flaring on top of that that's their dumb butts fault.

Captain Cappy posted:

Also I've had one time I can think of where pre-regen screwed me over and it was mostly my fault anyway. Like maybe I haven't noticed because 95% of healers don't do it but I'm not sure that's the case. Is it really that big a deal to pre-regen/shield?

It's not a big deal until the healer gets gibbed by a big pull because they did that and then everyone wipes for it. Then it can be a big deal. Pre-shielding is better than regen because the shield sticks around a bit so it's easier NOT to get things angry at you with that.

It can also be a big deal when I keep clicking off the regen the healer gives me because we're between pulls (because I know for a fact that the mobs in the dungeon will gib them for doing so.) And then they complain about me continuing to click off their regen :v:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The Champion of the Universe / Rasslor plot is more uplifting than tragic but otherwise yeah.

Now imagine Omega with the voice of Randy Savage.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Thundarr posted:

He we not been doing that this whole time? :v:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

orcane posted:

All the "farm poetics" steps are grindy if you focus on them, their big advantage is you can passively get a lot of progress done doing basically anything that gives poetics if you don't mind it taking a few weeks.

But for umbrite/sand, get your GC squad some scrip traits.

"A few weeks" seems like an interminably long time to wait for one step of the grind when I want my big glowy weapon now, actually.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Thundarr posted:

The Champion of the Universe / Rasslor plot is more uplifting than tragic but otherwise yeah.

lol at first I thought that was someone doing a decent impression of randy savage, but that's literally randy savage

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

Nothing means nothing!
Nothing mean nothing, man.
I'm talking about all the way to the top, yeah. I'm justifiably in a position that I'd rather not be in. But the cream will rise to the top, ooh yeah. Omega Madness, yeah has got more to offer than Warrior of Light thinks that I got yeah and let me tell you something right now, cards stacked against the Alien Superweapon Omega and Omegascape V.3.0 let me say it yeah, let me say it out loud and let me point TO THE WARRIOR OF LIGHT AND HERO OF EORZEA, The Alien Superweapon Omega is not happy with your decision, yeah. I am the cream in the Aetherial Rift and there is no doubt about it, yeah, you Warrior Of Light you know that I'm the cream of the crop!

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Kuvo posted:

Nothing means nothing!
Nothing mean nothing, man.
I'm talking about all the way to the top, yeah. I'm justifiably in a position that I'd rather not be in. But the cream will rise to the top, ooh yeah. Omega Madness, yeah has got more to offer than Warrior of Light thinks that I got yeah and let me tell you something right now, cards stacked against the Alien Superweapon Omega and Omegascape V.3.0 let me say it yeah, let me say it out loud and let me point TO THE WARRIOR OF LIGHT AND HERO OF EORZEA, The Alien Superweapon Omega is not happy with your decision, yeah. I am the cream in the Aetherial Rift and there is no doubt about it, yeah, you Warrior Of Light you know that I'm the cream of the crop!

For those not in the know:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4lK41SX-Q

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

When do squad archers start doing ridiculous damage? I hear they are OP but my squad rogue consistently outdamages my squad archer by a significant amount.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Captain Cappy posted:

When do squad archers start doing ridiculous damage? I hear they are OP but my squad rogue consistently outdamages my squad archer by a significant amount.

You might be going off old information. There was a glitch on release where constantly spamming the Attack order would reset all of the cooldowns on your companions, so your Archers would have their damage buff up 24/7.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Even without the engage bug, Archers are still one of the best DPS classes since they don't have to worry about being in melee range and they still use Barrage and Raging Strikes more often than the cooldown would normally allow.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I think it might be actually impossible for me to win the Sigmascape boot tokens, Jesus loving Christ.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This is actually an homage to a Marvel comic. The Thing beat the guy. He wasn't Randy Savage in the comic though, so I think it was inferior.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Hey guys not really played the game much other than 12 levels in a free trial, and saw there's a 50% off that ends today. Just kinda curious what https://ffxiv.na.square-enix.com/ the 'waiting list' on the complete edition of the game means? Seems odd to buy a game but wait to download it.

Edit:

COMPLETE EDITION
PC Download
Thank you for visiting our site.

You have been placed on our waiting list and will be contacted as soon as stock is made available.

I like to imagine people stocking gigabytes inside a computer.

iroguebot fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Dec 8, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

This is actually an homage to a Marvel comic. The Thing beat the guy. He wasn't Randy Savage in the comic though, so I think it was inferior.

Huh. That's pretty neat.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SonicRulez posted:

Actually The Thing got his rear end beat, but he refused to stay down so the Champion decided the Earth must be worthy of not being destroyed if such courageous people lived there :v:

The Rasslor short is a pretty direct homage and one of the best things that the Dexter's Lab folks put out.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

why are randos always so bad at limitless blue

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

why are randos always so bad at limitless blue

Because they're bad at everything else too.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I wonder if they are going to keep some of the abilities that are kinda universally panned? I am really curious if Wildfire and TenChiJin are going to survive the expansion. TenChiJin in particular, since it's the capstone sb ability and is really powerful on the whole, but I don't know of anyone who thinks it's cool.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Wildfire is almost certainly not going anywhere, but if TCJ survives without at least a major rework I'd be surprised.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Karasu Tengu posted:

Wildfire is almost certainly not going anywhere, but if TCJ survives without at least a major rework I'd be surprised.

I think wildfire is even worse than tcj, but if they at least made it an ae that would solve my biggest complaint with it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Mango Polo posted:

Because they're bad at everything else too.

:hmmyes:

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Thundarr posted:

I would undo time itself if it meant I could hear the Macho Man scream "TREMBLE BEFORE MY COSMO MEMORY" just once

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
My entire kingdom for some kind of TCJ revamp.

Seriously though, leveling SMN was pleasant. I like the way that class is put together. I hope we get something like that for this expansion. Traits that just update some numbers and animations to make you look cooler. You can get some utility and a new big super move at the cap. Between that though, keep it simple.

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

SonicRulez posted:

My entire kingdom for some kind of TCJ revamp.

Seriously though, leveling SMN was pleasant. I like the way that class is put together. I hope we get something like that for this expansion. Traits that just update some numbers and animations to make you look cooler. You can get some utility and a new big super move at the cap. Between that though, keep it simple.

What I don't get about TCJ is how easily the really terrible aspects of the skill could be mitigated without changing the whole thing.

Maybe don't make it so you have to stay in place the whole time? Maybe make it so all three abilities fire at the end together so the whole thing feels more like a normal mudra sequence?

Nah, let's go with the maximum jank option.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wildfire could be fixed just by giving it an actually cool animation instead of Fire 0.5

Ten Chi Jin is just really lame

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Wildfire is a good and enjoyable part of a good and fun class.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Crafting is kinda relaxing. I've been leveling up a bunch of different crafting jobs to 15+ (I heard this is good to do to unlock the skills at 15). The only kinda annoying thing is inventory management. I'm kinda thinking I should just say "gently caress it" and vendor most of the stuff in my chocobo saddlebags, since I doubt the minor cost savings from maybe-possibly using them in crafting down the line are worth constantly running low on inventory. I've noticed a few benefits to leveling all these classes; some will let you build the "weapons" and materials for others. It's at least convenient that they all use the same non-weapon equipment.

It's also just fun doing the job quests and meeting the guild leaders and doing these Ixali quests. I like the Goldsmith ones with the rear end in a top hat robot thing and guildmaster (Serendipity) who apparently has a mutual crush on this soldier guy. I feel like I ran into her during some other non-crafting quest chain. I noticed that they seem to say different things if you make high quality items for the job quests (though I don't know if there's any other benefit to doing so), though they usually seems to require outleveling the quest by 5+ levels (if you don't want to repeatedly make the item a bunch of times, anyways).

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

MCH has revolved around Wildfire for two expansions. It's the core ability of the class, I really doubt it will go anywhere, though it may be changed.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
There's being bad then there's being lazy. I've never been more tempted to vote kick someone for low dps.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Add damage chart to game or no balls, Squenix!

Also, the secretly best part is how much more damage he took than the Bard or you.

Edit:
A few weeks ago a Samurai kept running ahead of the tank and grabbing aggro. Eventually the tank stopped trying to get aggro back and I didn't try to heal the Sam so he kept dying. The Sam eventually said "Not my problem." when we told him to stop running ahead of the tank. He also told us to kick him before the final boss and I started the vote, it failed, and we started the boss fight and the Sam died on purpose.

In conclusion: No one in this loving game will ever kick anyone for anything besides being offline. Even being AFK for a long time won't matter.

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 10, 2018

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Ytlaya posted:

It's also just fun doing the job quests and meeting the guild leaders and doing these Ixali quests. I like the Goldsmith ones with the rear end in a top hat robot thing and guildmaster (Serendipity) who apparently has a mutual crush on this soldier guy. I feel like I ran into her during some other non-crafting quest chain. I noticed that they seem to say different things if you make high quality items for the job quests (though I don't know if there's any other benefit to doing so), though they usually seems to require outleveling the quest by 5+ levels (if you don't want to repeatedly make the item a bunch of times, anyways).

Serendipity was in the Crystal Tower unlock quests, you pick up some crap that Cid needs from her. And I’m a strong advocate of Culinarian 50-60 class quests being among the best in the game.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hommando posted:

There's being bad then there's being lazy. I've never been more tempted to vote kick someone for low dps.

Yeah I would have just left right then.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Karasu Tengu posted:

Wildfire is a good and enjoyable part of a good and fun class.
:wrong:

Hopefully SB2 will have a different gunner job at least, since it seems MCH is made to suck to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Serendipity was in the Crystal Tower unlock quests, you pick up some crap that Cid needs from her. And I’m a strong advocate of Culinarian 50-60 class quests being among the best in the game.

GSM 50-60 is really nice too.

I also like just about all the BSM quests because of the drunken rear end of a guildmaster.