Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
keep the wheels spinnin and the beavers grinnin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Welp, band Deatheaven are being nominated for a Grammy award

a momentous day for the genre, hooray

thet don't sound too bad though, good for them.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Mr. Pickles posted:

What is it with you and slight mangled album / band names, lol

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Smirr posted:

What is it with you and slight mangled album / band names, lol

good post/av combo

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

What have I done this time LOL, let's see...

Ooooh, well this time I had no idea what the correct name was. I do not know this band :o

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Mr. Pickles posted:

What have I done this time LOL, let's see...

Ooooh, well this time I had no idea what the correct name was. I do not know this band :o

It's spelled Deathhaven

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Def Heppard

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Bolt Frower

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mr. Pickles posted:

Niiiiice. I don’t give a poop about the Grammys but they deserve the recognition. I’m still listening to their last album pretty consistently and it has only improved with familiarity.

Glint is an unreal track.

Funeral Mist posted:

Check out Kriegsmaschine too if you haven't. Same guys from Mgla but slightly different style. Very cool rhythmic drumming.

I don’t think I have + I’ve been all about good drums lately. Time to listen to some good poo poo asap.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I just did my spotify premium thing and Khemmis and Deafheaven were in my top 5 albums of the year with 3 of my top 5 songs being from the Khemmis album. But yeah, the new Deafheaven is worth a listen. Worthless Animal is my favorite track but they're all good. It's their best album IMHO.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Flinger posted:

Bolt Frower

You’re thinking of Bolt Throwup

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Between the Buried and Me also got a nomination and the Grammys have decided Ghost are not metal.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

very stable genius posted:

It's spelled Deathhaven

There's also one band out there named Deafheaven

This is confuse

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Between the Buried and Me also got a nomination and the Grammys have decided Ghost are not metal.

Huh, these are both things I would do if I had a say in it.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Flinger posted:

Bolt Frower

Bolt Flower

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Black Abbath

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Mr. Pickles posted:

There's also one band out there named Deafheaven

This is confuse

:thejoke:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Amazingly enough, there was (is?) also a band called Death Haven, who looked like this:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
They look cooler than the guys in Deafheaven

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Handful of releases today
Drowning the Light, black metal LP
Revenge, 2 song war metal EP
Goathammer debut LP, not fully streaming yet even though it's release day. Black death

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Henchman of Santa posted:

If that’s true, well, if the Grammys say you’re not metal that’s the final nail in the Ghost discussion in the metal thread coffin.

Take it to the pop thread!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Imagine releasing “Epitome of Darkness” and then the Grammys calling you not metal, lol.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Imagine releasing “Epitome of Darkness” and then the Grammys calling you not metal, lol.

Thank you for reminding me that the Repugnant guy is a Grammy winner.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Congrats to Deafheaven on their metal grammy nomination for their shoegaze song.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Dimebags Brain posted:

Congrats to Deafheaven on their metal grammy nomination for their shoegaze song.

Shoegaze owns op.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Shoegaze does own, but it should get its own grammy in the "best noise pop and/or shoegaze performance" category, which exists *putting finger to ear* [at this point the post breaks off for comedic effect]

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Deafheaven is metal though.

Destroy genres imo

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

Deafheaven is metal though.

Not on this new album.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It is metal.

“Blackgaze” if you wanna be picky and make me type the word blackgaze

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

nah

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I mean honestly though it’s black metal shoegaze stadium rock. Genres are dumb as hell. It’s a good album.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I actually think Near, the least metal track on the album, is my favorite off of it right now. It’s so dreamy. The main melody always reminds me of something but I can’t quite find it.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

*stands up bravely*
Genres are actually really good and there's nothing wrong with properly categorizing subgenres.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Nazzadan posted:

*stands up bravely*
Genres are actually really good and there's nothing wrong with properly categorizing subgenres.

*nods solemnly in agreement as I reorganize my record collection into distinct black/death metal and blackened death metal sections*

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Oh speaking of records, I got Ensiferum's first two in the mail today from a black friday sale and am very happy. Those two albums were on constant repeat 10 years ago.

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm
Some friends of mine put out an album thats PRETTY GOOD today if you like dat weird poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW6gqSdZw9Y

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Funeral Mist posted:

Check out Kriegsmaschine too if you haven't. Same guys from Mgla but slightly different style. Very cool rhythmic drumming.

Late but holy poo poo they’ve been around for 15 years? gently caress!

:can:Now please tell me a Polish band called Kriegsmaschine isn’t a bunch of nazis:can:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Arguing about genres is the most metal thing though

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
how about you post some actual good poo poo from 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo-wyJxOrOs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Snowy posted:

Late but holy poo poo they’ve been around for 15 years? gently caress!

:can:Now please tell me a Polish band called Kriegsmaschine isn’t a bunch of nazis:can:

I assume Polish black metal bands are unless they explicitly aren’t. Usually I’m right. Mgla are touring with Revenge who aren’t Nazis afaik but are definitely shitheads.