Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

yes the federal hate crimes charges. tbh i'm skeptical of the government's rationale here. while, yes obviously he was motivated out of racial animus, being a nazi, his stated motivation for the car attack specifically is hatred of the "communist enemy" which isn't a protected class.

they should go on a jerk-off strike, which seems like a thing they'd do. i'm not going to jerk my johnson until james fields is free!

I expect that the feds will quietly drop the charges now that he's gonna go to jail forever. They always felt like a hedge against jury nullification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Azathoth posted:

I expect that the feds will quietly drop the charges now that he's gonna go to jail forever. They always felt like a hedge against jury nullification.
:hmmyes: that didn't occur to me

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/EvanMcLaren/status/1071056015750324225

aww poor baby

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Azathoth posted:

Fields is either going into max security or getting shivved so its ok either way

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
What happens to him in prison/sentencing is going to have a pretty big impact on the entire movement more so then the court case did.

The movement doesnt really seem to have much spine so if he gets shivved or constantly beat during a life sentence I imagine more people spalling off.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Do these nazi idiots actually believe he’s being framed, or do they think they can control the narrative or something?

It makes them look genuinely unhinged vs looking like murderous racists.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Do these nazi idiots actually believe he’s being framed, or do they think they can control the narrative or something?

they want to go back 100 years when any white man could walk for a hate crime, even though the old boys network was dismantled by the radical alienation of neoliberalism eroding all communities

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Ague Proof posted:

the last prisoner who assaulted him received thousands of dollars in donations

i was just thinking that. if he doesn't get a personal bodyguard in prison he's gonna get smacked around like a piñata

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

A good deal of them seem to legit believe Heather Heyer got scared and died from a heart attack and that the car didn't even hit her. Despite the coroner's report noting that the impact sent her broken ribs piercing through her liver, lungs and heart.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i think both, honestly. a mix of paranoia and dishonesty...

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

cool dance moves posted:

i was just thinking that. if he doesn't get a personal bodyguard in prison he's gonna get smacked around like a piñata

Going to interesting seeing him try to get in with the white gang(s), especially if acts like how the rest of alt-right acts.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Krankenstyle posted:

i think both, honestly. a mix of paranoia and dishonesty...

clutching desperately at the last threads of their meme magic to see if they can bend reality once more

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

if you press them, they all drop their well if you look at the evidence posturing and move on to venomous rants attacking Heather Heyer. they hate her and what she represents

"she's the enemy, mother"

Ague Proof has issued a correction as of 01:44 on Dec 8, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'm surprised the defense couldn't get a single Nazi into the jury to nullify the court, but jury nullification is easier said than done when you've got a room full of people screaming at you because you're stopping them from going home.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Reclines Obesily posted:

someone capped this from pol

great plan, notafed
Flood the city with enlarged images

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm surprised the defense couldn't get a single Nazi into the jury to nullify the court, but jury nullification is easier said than done when you've got a room full of people screaming at you because you're stopping them from going home.

i'd say the jury being Cville locals was a big help, they lived through this poo poo and knew exactly what kind of person fields is

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Waffle House posted:

clutching desperately at the last threads of their meme magic to see if they can bend reality once more

you can probably still buy some of the meme magic books btw, theres got to be at least a pallet somewhere

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

im not saying whites are better, but-

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ague Proof posted:

if you press them, they all drop their well if you look at the evidence posturing and move on to venomous rants attacking Heather Heyer. they hate her and what she represents

"she's the enemy, mother"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCYArey8ykU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

They don't think what he did is/should be a crime.

Alan Smithee posted:

NPI was Spencer's old gig, if I remember right.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Alan Smithee posted:

"At large"

:thunk:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Slugnoid posted:

i'd say the jury being Cville locals was a big help, they lived through this poo poo and knew exactly what kind of person fields is

jurors aren’t supposed to know anything about a case before serving so that they’re not biased.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

jurors aren’t supposed to know anything about a case before serving so that they’re not biased.

:allears:

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
not biased, but they still lived through UTR. i mean they aren't deaf and blind

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lmao

quote:

German Neo-Nazis Fell for Art Project and Outed Themselves

https://www.thedailybeast.com/german-neo-nazis-fell-for-art-project-and-outed-themselves?source=twitter&via=desktop

quote:

This summer unleashed a wave of violence in Chemnitz, Germany, where far-right extremists chased down immigrants and threw fascist salutes during a multi-day rally. Nazi-era salutes are illegal in Germany, but most demonstrators evaded arrest and identification. But the art group Center for Political Beauty (abbreviated as “ZPS” in German) wanted to unveil the extremist networks behind the riots. They built a website that claimed to have identified the Chemnitz rioters. Then they sat back and waited while extremists started searching the site for their own names until ZPS revealed the stunt on Wednesday.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

emily is one of the real rear end heroes of our time

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

dude has “I’m being held hostage and need to communicate this through my eyes” face

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I grew up in cville and I’m proud of my hometown.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

mother

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

dude has “I’m holding hostages and need to communicate this through my eyes” face

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
speaking of meme magic, one of 4chans grievances with sargon is that he dishonoured kek with his kekistan stuff

no im not joking

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Reclines Obesily posted:

speaking of meme magic, one of 4chans grievances with sargon is that he dishonoured kek with his kekistan stuff

no im not joking

wait he was pro or anti and they were pro or anti

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Nazi Twitter is pissed about Fields lol.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol why are they mad? the dude said he did it and wasn't remorseful, how do you claim somebody who is standing on a table saying I'M GUILTY MOTHERFUCKER gently caress ALL NON-WHITES AND LIBS is being railroaded?

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Lightning Knight posted:

Nazi Twitter is pissed about Fields lol.

loving :justpost: some screencaps my friend

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://twitter.com/JamesEdwardsTPC/status/1071170003117006855

https://twitter.com/CeannCinnidh/status/1071169916491841536

https://twitter.com/C_Westling/status/1071178658436538368

https://twitter.com/promethiea/status/1071180136446337024

https://twitter.com/FrederickCalca2/status/1071197814770692096

https://twitter.com/RConrad62/status/1071184718866104322

https://twitter.com/flexjones1/status/1071171215954493440

A sampling of extremely mad Nazis.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Epic High Five posted:

lol why are they mad? the dude said he did it and wasn't remorseful, how do you claim somebody who is standing on a table saying I'M GUILTY MOTHERFUCKER gently caress ALL NON-WHITES AND LIBS is being railroaded?

this might surprise you, but Nazis are not very smart

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

centrist nazis trying to hedge the ambiguity of bothsideism

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

can't even martyr somebody successfully lol what dumbasses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Alan Smithee posted:

wait he was pro or anti and they were pro or anti

both pro, they dont like sargon tho so theyre blaming meme magic not working anymore on him