Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Is the plasma accelerator tech supposed to give me the caravan plasma weapons? Because they are ridiculously overpowered.

Edit: Comparison:

Bremen fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

"All available worlds" is literally every single planet in a normal empire in the galaxy so that would probably get unmanageably crowded, but something to sort the top dozen most valuable or something might work

Ideally it'd only list places you can actually build them, which includes the commercial pact/federation member limitation. Also it wouldn't list planets where rivals have branch offices. My experience is that this would be a lot of planets but not anything unreasonably manageable.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I hate the new sector system

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I hate the new sector system

Yeah I have to say I'm not too fond of having one sector that has like 4-5 planets and then four that are 1-3 planets.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Speaking of sectors, I noticed that when you transfer resources to them it doesn't keep track of energy and minerals separately? Meaning you can give them only energy and they'll use that energy to build districts and buildings. This is probably cheesable in some way.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Nuclearmonkee posted:

If I immediately border a horde I generally try to exterminate them before a khan event fires.

i did this last time (pre-2.2) and I'm sad about it bc I don't have that cheev.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Going back to CK2 until they fix this poo poo. Holy Fury is amazing and a reminder of Paradox at their best, not this dismal launch. Step it up Wiz.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Okay one thing that is winding me up, if a planet drops below the pop amount needed for a building (e.g. you go from 40 to 39), any building in that slot isn't deactivated, nor are you just dealing with a labor shortage, it's destroyed immediately. Have to pay to repair it when your pops go back up. I don't think if the NHS has a nurse shortage because of Brexit we're going to demolish every hospital in Britain but the ruins of my gene clinics imply that's exactly what my spacey boyes did.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Nanite fabricators, Slave facilities, Planetary shield generators and other buildings should produce jobs rather than just the 2.1 tile system of 'Building grants stuff'.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Anno posted:

Now that we’re no longer constrained by the tile UI I’d love a mod that expanded the range of planet sizes. I’d be so stoked if every few games I zoned into a solar system with like a size 45 planet, even if it’d probably gently caress late game balance in a way.

Hoping mods can do this now, given that size 25+ planets were always possible just, as you say, the same as 25s because of the UI.

Also, and touching on your screename here, I'm hoping someone comes out with a Hypersperg mod that requires you to set up Anno-esque production chains 16 resources long before you can build the good poo poo.

TalonDemonKing posted:

Nanite fabricators, Slave facilities, Planetary shield generators and other buildings should produce jobs rather than just the 2.1 tile system of 'Building grants stuff'.

Big agree.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

Also, and touching on your screename here, I'm hoping someone comes out with a Hypersperg mod that requires you to set up Anno-esque production chains 16 resources long before you can build the good poo poo.
lmao this will be hilarious

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

alpha mod is definitely going to be this, that dude was doing four-resource production chains in 1.0

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

What job would planetary shield generators have? Guys who carry tiny shield generators to protect people from the rain? Incompetent guards to enable dramatic spy missions? A bunch of guys pedaling bicycles to power the thing?

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Baronjutter posted:

lol who the gently caress doesn't play an entire game a stellaris from start to score screen in a single session??

But yeah, same problem with re-naming factions. Good to know it's an easy fix at least.

Me. I take for loving ever. I'm def one of the most OCD players. One time I actually moved the mid-game date to 2350, end game to like 2600 and played the goddamn thing for almost three weeks.

I also constantly check the wiki and meticulously plot out my tech tree in advance so I can get to mega-engineering guaranteed by like 2270, but usually have a science nexus by then. Now I no longer know how to do this.

Preston Waters fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 8, 2018

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

What job would planetary shield generators have? Guys who carry tiny shield generators to protect people from the rain? Incompetent guards to enable dramatic spy missions? A bunch of guys pedaling bicycles to power the thing?

People who maintain it would be my first go to.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Engineers/technicians doing similar things to whatever it is that technicians in generator districts do. Something can still take work to run even if it doesn't involve lifting heavy objects, come on.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Preston Waters posted:

I also constantly check the wiki and meticulously plot out my tech tree in advance so I can get to mega-engineering guaranteed by like 2270

Teach me your ways. I can't ever get mega-engineering without taking the perk

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

TalonDemonKing posted:

People who maintain it would be my first go to.

Crazycryodude posted:

Engineers/technicians doing similar things to whatever it is that technicians in generator districts do. Something can still take work to run even if it doesn't involve lifting heavy objects, come on.

I'm pretty sure his point is that you're creating new jobs that don't fit in with anything currently going on. Like that change just adds a job tax to these buildings that don't really need one.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

1. God loving damnit all of my 80+ mods are now incompatible for the better part of the month. :livintrope:

2. How do planets and tiles work now compared to before?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Is there some passive way to stop pirate spawns, or am I supposed to have a dozen 1 corvette fleets patrolling around?

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Grouchio posted:

1. God loving damnit all of my 80+ mods are now incompatible for the better part of the month. :livintrope:

No upkeep on building colonies, districts provide basic jobs that gives poo poo like energy, minerals, food. Buildings make advanced jobs that give poo poo like research, commodities, or alloys.

Alloys are used for space buildings and ships, minerals for civilian districts/builds and most advanced resources. Don't overbuild, if you give people the choice to work in the mines or a hospital they're not going to pick the mines, and you can therefore tank your economy when all your dudes move to white collar work.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

PittTheElder posted:

Is there some passive way to stop pirate spawns, or am I supposed to have a dozen 1 corvette fleets patrolling around?

Protec ur trade w/ station defenses

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

ZypherIM posted:

I'm pretty sure his point is that you're creating new jobs that don't fit in with anything currently going on. Like that change just adds a job tax to these buildings that don't really need one.

I mean, it doesn't really make sense that a planetary shield would be running full time, does it? My overly-complex idea (so it'll fit the jobs system perfectly! :haw: I do like the bones of the update, Wiz!): I'd say give it one or two technician jobs (it is a generator, after all), but it applies a malus to your energy generation while the planet's being bombarded (probably a flat amount?)

Hell, you could make it stonewall bombardment and invasion, but ramp the energy cost up over time (ruin it if energy hits zero). Gives you time to respond when your fleet is on the other side of your empire and someone attacks an important world, but you have to either deal with it, or disable the shield.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
Anyone else run into the "fun" issue where enemy fleets can shoot at your fleet, but your fleet just refuses to enter combat mode so they just fly around getting their poo poo kicked in without shooting back? All the while the advisor is constantly yelling about how a fleet has engaged in combat (it hasn't).

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Oh yea, admin cap is just the old penalty that was applied to tech/unity put into an actual system that shows what you're at in one spot. So don't be afraid to go over cap.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I don't know if it was done with this update but I love that you can actually complete the precursor chain now. Before the home system would always spawn in some random rear end place on the other side of the galaxy deep in the borders of an empire that hates you but now it actually appears in a place where you can get to and exploit it. I've owned Stellaris since release and only yesterday did I finally grab the precursor achievement.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I've gotten rid off all my buildings and districts but i still can't make it a thrall world.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Anno posted:

First time encountering the caravaneers, bought enough coinz for one loot box and scored 2000 society research. Ace.

Some of their deals are really good. Like, yeah I'll trade a science ship for 10% pop growth.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Bremen posted:

Is the plasma accelerator tech supposed to give me the caravan plasma weapons? Because they are ridiculously overpowered.

Edit: Comparison:

Note that Exotic Gas as upkeep, though....Dangerous.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Palemdromes posted:

Going back to CK2 until they fix this poo poo. Holy Fury is amazing and a reminder of Paradox at their best, not this dismal launch. Step it up Wiz.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Why are you empty quoting your drive by poo poo post?

Honestly for how drastically things changed I'm surprised by the lack of problems I've run into. (Only really significant one is anomalies over-writing existing resources instead of adding to the value, at least for some instances).

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

Some of the democratic mandates are stuff like “Have a total of +6 income of consumer goods by the end of the president’s term”, and maybe I’m misunderstanding what they mean, but I’ll have +10 to consumer goods per month and it still says I failed to fulfill the mandate

FYI this happened to me as well, and I thought it was because I down-throtled my miners to foce them to fill the agriculture slots -- like maybe it wanted me to fill them from new pops instead? I was livid though. Yelled at the screen and everything.

Splicer posted:

Bug Report got some refugees who asked me for permission to and successfully settled on a planet in a completely different empire.

they were prob drunk on romulan ale

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Preston Waters posted:

I got the goddamn odd factory on a barren world for some reason. It wasn't the only one either -- I've gotten several modifiers on inhospitable planets that are obviously meant for ones you can colonize.

And no, they aren't terraforming candidates neither.

Yeah if you have the tutorial on it has a guaranteed modifier somewhere in the first system you scan, and I've never seen it show up meaningfully. Was like that before this patch. It's always like carbon world and no deposit, or the one that gives bonus mining or whatever.

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Shield technicians are the same as soldiers except they reduce bombardment instead of producing defense armies.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Bloodly posted:

Note that Exotic Gas as upkeep, though....Dangerous.

Oh dang I hadn't even spotted that. Yeah that's reasonable then, you'll want a very limited number of ships armed with those bad bitches or you'll crash your gas income faster than a MegaCorp's economy when someone short-sells the GDP of fifteen planets

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

ZypherIM posted:

Why are you empty quoting your drive by poo poo post?

Honestly for how drastically things changed I'm surprised by the lack of problems I've run into. (Only really significant one is anomalies over-writing existing resources instead of adding to the value, at least for some instances).

Same and FUCKIN SAME losing resources is terrible and you need to consider if you want to do the anom or if you want to just leave it unexplored all game.

And shadow play appears to only be +3 now, that sucks.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
so uhh

do hiveminds not care about housing? at all? or amenities? because that is mostly about happiness and to a lesser extent stability but hiveminds don't seem to actually care about either?

?!

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Same and FUCKIN SAME losing resources is terrible and you need to consider if you want to do the anom or if you want to just leave it unexplored all game.

And shadow play appears to only be +3 now, that sucks.

It is annoying when it happens, but I figure it happens to everyone currently so I'm not exactly being hurt by it. Unless it is an amazing modifier I just research because I like anomalies. Shadowplay at +6 would be crazy strong with the new scaling modifiers though.

In other news, the penalty to consumer goods from your economic policy is only from produced goods. I'm not sure if this is an oversight or intended, but if you use the trade good option to split your trade between energy and consumer goods, you don't take a hit to consumer goods.

edit:

Gamerofthegame posted:

so uhh

do hiveminds not care about housing? at all? or amenities? because that is mostly about happiness and to a lesser extent stability but hiveminds don't seem to actually care about either?

?!

Hiveminds still get stability from amenities and it does stuff. Housing still effects stuff for them too. The only thing that gets completely taken out is consumer goods, which actually makes stuff like research a ton simpler for them (since they just use minerals instead of consumer goods).

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

ZypherIM posted:

Well running out of any resource hits you really hard.

In other news, it looks like culture shock is a flat amount, instead of scaling based on how advanced they were. These medieval birds are taking as long to integrate and some post-atomics from another game I invaded.

It's also weird that it's on the planet and not the pops. My hive mind invaded Sol III and ate the iron age primitives, but my drones were suffering the culture shock penalty for a year and a half after they ate the last normal person.

I found the other economic hiccup thing I was hitting: Upgrading your headquarters building also adds new white color jobs to pull people away from food/energy/mineral production.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Wow this thread is active now!

I did a tutorial enabled reinstall, cleared everything, top default human race, iron Man.

And I was boxed in to like 9 systems and fearing the worst, coming out of early game. I'd been pumping curator research and allied research sharing with my weak similar ethos neighbor and lucked into 4 habitable colonies boardering earth.

I finished precursor, my neighbor gave me the last artifact out of good will even though it was behind a closed border and got the mega planet. (I eventually made it my capitol and routed the trade routes to it)

Khan fired and I lacked a strategic resource I wanted so I hired a rogue marauder/pirate fleet for 16k energy and claim war'd my way to it.

Now the Khan is destroying everyone who snubbed me (other side of the universe) and there are refugees coming to my systems in droves and I have the highest fleet cap and tech.

Good 6 hours on very fast (so far). What helped me in my sectors was realizing I can migrate my unemployed to new world's pretty easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Honestly a good way to test the job priority system is to do a 5x habitable worlds, 5x pre-ftl planets, and play barbaric despoilers and raid; you build an incredible economy from the bottom up. The crazy thing is the new race ended up being a clerk, and i colonized planets using the raided race, and they then enslaved their own races on those planets. Messed up, but effective!