Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Psion posted:

they may only fire one round every 2.3 minutes but boy it's gonna hurt when they do!!!

It basically is counteracted by Lethal Torrent - it still has a 9.7 shots/second fire rate.

It also has 120%/6.3x crit. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

If only there were other ways to deal with armour, huh?

Anyway here's my Mag!

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!
So finally getting to the Index, will pretty much any Rhino Iron Skin build work for the low risk stuff?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Iron Shrapnel is the only mod you really need to do any level of index. And the only reason then so you dont get caught with 5% skin left and holding enough points that your energy drains near instantly. Just run to an orb pop your old skin and immediately run over the energy and refresh it.

There should be a bevy of left side goons that can give it to you so you dont waste time mucking about with low risk.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kyrosiris posted:

It basically is counteracted by Lethal Torrent - it still has a 9.7 shots/second fire rate.

It also has 120%/6.3x crit. :v:

they'd better be hot pink

otherwise I'm out of objections, nice riven

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Rexicon1 posted:

So this aura conflict happens pretty commonly around here, huh.

Often enough that I wish probations got handed out every time it happens.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Psion posted:

they'd better be hot pink

otherwise I'm out of objections, nice riven

You betcha. :sparkles:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Khaba posted:

There's no way this guy isn't trolling.

Also, when do we get to go back to discussing fun things?

He's not. He joined our Sortie group earlier and we spent a few minutes explaining to him why bringing Corpro to a Grineer Sortie would be beneficial for everyone until he reluctantly agreed. We did not at any point mention or even hint at kicking him out of the group, though. It sucks that Corpro is the best option for end game content to the point that it eclipses everything else but it's just straight up better like 98% of the time.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Speaking as a foolish noob, I find part of the appeal is being able to play with builds myself to figure out what wotks and what doesn't. And while i can't go toe to toe with anything like level 25 or higher (and fortuna freaking hurts what the heck) i'm still having fun. I do notice Corpro helping when i'm against Grineer but against corpus i have no good options against big shields other than more bullets.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

EMP aura

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Also Toxin completely ignores shields and Slash causes bleeding even if their shields are up.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

BrightWing posted:

Speaking as a foolish noob, I find part of the appeal is being able to play with builds myself to figure out what wotks and what doesn't. And while i can't go toe to toe with anything like level 25 or higher (and fortuna freaking hurts what the heck) i'm still having fun. I do notice Corpro helping when i'm against Grineer but against corpus i have no good options against big shields other than more bullets.

Against big shields just use gas damage and slash procs. Both ideally. They ignore shields. If you dont have it yet then ask for a ignis wraith bp from goons since its one of the better ones to do gas and slash procs through hunter munitions. This is especially useful in sorties with shield augments.
Keep in mind gas isnt super useful against corpus machines. Though at least how ive modded my ignis wraith, machines die anyway except like the most end game big rear end robots. For them i just bring a magnetic side arm.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 8, 2018

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Resource Drop Chance Boosters are violence.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
'Tis the season to put stupid hats on pets!

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 8, 2018

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Night10194 posted:

Resource Drop Chance Boosters are violence.

They're insanely good when fishing and mining.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nalesh posted:

They're insanely good when fishing and mining.

Do they increase the rate of rare gems and fish?

I thought only the actual Resource Booster affected such things by doubling your fish/loot.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Night10194 posted:

They increase the amount of things that spawn in open world maps.
More fish to catch, more nodes to find, afaik.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
We just keep on fighting against each other when clearly the problems here are that the damage system is hosed up and all auras are boring as poo poo. They promised a damage rework but backed out of it super quickly. They are still struggling with melee and they said they had to do melee before damage. So maybe next year Corpro will finally be dethroned.

Until then though, you know what to do: yes, bring cor- more slapfights to this thread

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Regrettable posted:

Also Toxin completely ignores shields and Slash causes bleeding even if their shields are up.
also some corpus enemies, particularly in vallis, have armor anyway

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004
I guess I just don’t get all the rage in either direction. I play with pubs 80% of the time, and the rest is usually solo and I’ve never failed a sortie because of the other players. The worst sortie I’ve been in was a void defense where a slowva kept spamming 4 and it took 15 minutes instead of 10. You can be so overpowered with almost any weapon/frame combo in the game that I just don’t see how it makes that big of a difference (yes I know 4 people with corpro takes off armor completely) from a functional standpoint

All that being said, I’m either bringing corpro or energy siphon 99% of the time because more energy = more powers = more fun

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

McKilligan posted:

'Tis the season to put stupid hats on pets!

Are we going to get Moa hats this year?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Pikey posted:

All that being said, I’m either bringing corpro or energy siphon 99% of the time because more energy = more powers = more fun

Almost everyone agrees that energy regeneration should be a default thing, and it's another losing fight against steve's stubbornness. Energy siphon shouldn't exist and that amount would be fine as a default. I actually feel that energy regeneration rate should be another status like hp, armor and sprint speed, with new mods to boost it. That would add even more variety between frames, maybe give shittier ones better rates

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

This Steve fellow everyone talks about sounds like a real fool, I bet I could do a better job.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Half or two thirds of energy siphon's regen would be fine by default. One doesn't need to spam powers at low level, though struggling with seemingly non-existent energy orb spawns is rear end so a tiny amount of regen would do wonders.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

They need to increase the maximum FOV further, so this wouldn't be an issue.

What they need to do is let me adjust the camera so it's half a foot or more away from my frame.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I'd settle for Zenurik's energy regen being an always-on passive instead of something you have to fiddle with every 30 seconds for no actual cost except muscle memory.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Regrettable posted:

He's not. He joined our Sortie group earlier and we spent a few minutes explaining to him why bringing Corpro to a Grineer Sortie would be beneficial for everyone until he reluctantly agreed. We did not at any point mention or even hint at kicking him out of the group, though. It sucks that Corpro is the best option for end game content to the point that it eclipses everything else but it's just straight up better like 98% of the time.

I didn't think you'd boot me, I was just confused is all.

Plus I've had plenty of experience with goons playing games the most boring/efficient way possible so I hope you understand my reluctance.

Rexicon1 fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Dec 8, 2018

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Night10194 posted:

I thought only the actual Resource Booster affected such things by doubling your fish/loot.

They increase fish spawns and node spawns, and increase the chances of nodes being blue.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

passive energy regen. sydicate medals and ayatan statues get their own mini-map icons. mix archwing mods into normal, junk mod, drop tables at sane rates. put some harder to acquire low drop rate mods as actual archwing mission rewards. fix armor scaling. make auras stronger but make multiple copies of the same aura not stack because everyone bringing the same aura is loving bad game design. triple credit drops/rewards from standard content. remove the stupid loving keying system from kela, and ambulas fights, make that alad v key material just a semi-common drop from eris missions like how lephantis and the derelict work. no more underwater archwing. let people shoot enemies that are in limbos stupid rift thing from either side of the stupid rift thing. kavat genetic codes are 100% drop chance. you only need one imprint to breed a kubro/kavat instead of two. increase credit/material rewards from alerts by five to ten times. put "no shields" on the loving nightmare mission alerts. fix the drop tables for rotation c of infested salvage and spy missions so they aren't full of so much junk and instead contain poo poo people want. reduce forma cook time to 12 hours. increase the materials from log in bonuses by five to ten times, or just loving remove that poo poo it's horrid. make boosters into an item we can keep and use at a later date instead of automatically applied when received. cap minimum rep for characters below mr10 to 10k, and do something like that for void traces too i'm not doing the math on that one tho.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

passive energy regen. sydicate medals and ayatan statues get their own mini-map icons. mix archwing mods into normal, junk mod, drop tables at sane rates. put some harder to acquire low drop rate mods as actual archwing mission rewards. fix armor scaling. make auras stronger but make multiple copies of the same aura not stack because everyone bringing the same aura is loving bad game design. triple credit drops/rewards from standard content. remove the stupid loving keying system from kela, and ambulas fights, make that alad v key material just a semi-common drop from eris missions like how lephantis and the derelict work. no more underwater archwing. let people shoot enemies that are in limbos stupid rift thing from either side of the stupid rift thing. kavat genetic codes are 100% drop chance. you only need one imprint to breed a kubro/kavat instead of two. increase credit/material rewards from alerts by five to ten times. put "no shields" on the loving nightmare mission alerts. fix the drop tables for rotation c of infested salvage and spy missions so they aren't full of so much junk and instead contain poo poo people want. reduce forma cook time to 12 hours. increase the materials from log in bonuses by five to ten times, or just loving remove that poo poo it's horrid. make boosters into an item we can keep and use at a later date instead of automatically applied when received. cap minimum rep for characters below mr10 to 10k, and do something like that for void traces too i'm not doing the math on that one tho.

Do you want fries with that?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

and a shake

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Ice-cream machine is broken.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Oh yeah. make maroo's treasure hunt daily instead of weekly.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

Plus I've had plenty of experience with goons playing games the most boring/efficient way possible so I hope you understand my reluctance.

The difference is that the other options are equally if not more boring while providing zero playstyle differences. People aren't going to ask you to switch off a subpar frame like Atlas because it is perfectly understandable if you enjoy his kit. Nobody is gonna be mad if you're rolling around with a Quanta, even if it is bad. There's just no real reason not to run corpro, and not running it can make other people's weapons and abilities feel like crap.

On the subject of energy regen, I think that the current situation is absurd. Upkeep buffs are annoying in every game, and this one asks you to use one every ~30 seconds for zenurik while requiring 4 button inputs to do so. Sometimes it also doesn't fire off if you're looking too far down, sometimes it will create the circle behind you so you won't get the buff unless you stop moving, and spoiler mode in general feels like awkward garbagewith any latency at all to the point that you can't even quickly tap through the required keys a lot of the time because they just won't register. It's really awful and one of the worst parts of this game.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Dec 8, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

Oh yeah. make maroo's treasure hunt daily instead of weekly.

They're hourly and are also called Arby's now.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Of my 850 missions i've played total none of the most boring "2 kills, 1% damage, 2 saryns waiting for you at extractions" missions i've played were with goons. Unless that's specifically what i'm asking for. For certain stuff like index or EOS i just ask if people are bringing their top gear or leveling stuff and pick accordingly. When i'm not jumping into 60+ missions it really doesn't matter, and even then the chances are good someone brought their god-tier build that can solo the whole thing while i get to relax on the ground a bit.

Granted, my most intense close missions were when the game throws me in with maybe 1-2 MR1 people getting lost on the map instead of a full squad of forma'd out primes and i suddenly have to carry above my paygrade (bonus if i brought a brand new low level frame for a test drive).

NecroMonster posted:

:allears: i love this thread sometimes

e: for the record i agree with most of this, but i won't hold my breath they'll cut down much on the grind in a f2p loot game.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Dec 8, 2018

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

They're hourly and are also called Arby's now.

new players cannot do that poo poo dude

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'd settle for Zenurik's energy regen being an always-on passive instead of something you have to fiddle with every 30 seconds for no actual cost except muscle memory.

I like that you can give it to other people.

Archwing has innate energy regen, just give that to everyone and have zenurik/energy siphon/limbo's rift/etc. be a modifier on that base rate.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Dec 8, 2018

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Innate energy regen, much like innate Vacuum, is a pipe dream.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I forgot to put innate vacuum into the giant block of idiot text so please anyone reading this, imagine that I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

You're fine, it's just a broken system that should've been fixed by now.

The way the damage reduction works is Net Armor ÷ Net Armor + 300. A level 100 Bombard has 7,800 armor giving it a 96% damage reduction. So a 90% armor reduction from bringing 3 Corpro would leave it with 780 armor which is still a 72% reduction in damage. You can easily lose half or more of your damage output from a single person not bringing it along to a high level mission.