Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Slowpoke! posted:

Two QBs old and still gold

Need a photoshop of Henry stiff-arming this guys opinion

In fairness, it was not better than the Beastmode run because that came in the playoffs with a small lead late in the 4th quarter. Also it has its own Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_Quake

In a loving playoff game hosted by a 7-9 team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

I was going to say that Kansas City is a bit far north for Waffle House, but apparently they're all over the place there.

man there's waffle houses in Pennsylvania, further north than NYC

kiimo posted:

For some reason always next to some cheap rear end La Quinta Inn on some highway's frontage road that you'd never notice.

Grittybeard posted:

^^--This is for real part of the business plan, like 100% of them are right beside a highway off ramp.

When I lived in Colorado the only Waffle House I know of was directly off I-25 in my town next to a hotel notorious for overdoses, homeless squatters, and violent crime. Can confirm.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

GD_American posted:

He lives

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Docjowles posted:

man there's waffle houses in Pennsylvania, further north than NYC

Yeah I lived in north west Ohio for a few years and there was a waffle house there. We were like 45 minutes from Canada

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

GD_American posted:

Against the Superbowl champs :hawksin:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

EmbryoSteve posted:

Against the Superbowl champs :hawksin:

Saints were Super Bowl champions and the media would not shut up about the city recovering from Hurricane Katrina and the Super Bowl win and how that helped raise hope and blah blah blah

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

meanwhile over a decade out new orleans is still a shell of its former self

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

He was a scumbag but it was pretty funny when people were going after the mayor for not having New Orleans fixed and he said "I'm rebuilding an entire city, New York just has a hole in the ground"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

But when Pitts points to flood-damaged cars in the street and a house washed partially into the street, the mayor shoots back. "That's alright. You guys in New York can't get a hole in the ground fixed and it's five years later. So let's be fair."

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

He was a scumbag but it was pretty funny when people were going after the mayor for not having New Orleans fixed and he said "I'm rebuilding an entire city, New York just has a hole in the ground"

That loving owns

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
New Orleans was pretty drat broke-rear end before the storm. Katrina just highlighted how hosed the city was, and exacerbated existing problems.

Also it hosed the city up and killed over a thousand people and permanently displaced hundreds of thousands. It wasn't as bad as say, getting stuck between the French and German armies in World War I, but it was plenty bad enough.

Corn Burst
Jun 18, 2004

Blammo!
My wife is from NOLA and helped with Katrina recovery efforts, seeing bloated dead bodies floating like logs in the city still haunts her to this day. Wasn’t good man.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Corn Burst posted:

My wife is from NOLA and helped with Katrina recovery efforts, seeing bloated dead bodies floating like logs in the city still haunts her to this day. Wasn’t good man.

They had the corpses cleaned up by the time I was back in town, though they still had dog carcasses in some places.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ordering breakfast at dinner time???

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bigass Moth posted:

Don't judge me

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wait mike kafka is the chiefs' qb coach???

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

iospace posted:

Don't judge me

Breakfast for dinner is THE best. Imagine not having that joy in your life? Ya know what? Don't. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

weird Asian candy posted:

Breakfast for dinner is THE best. Imagine not having that joy in your life? Ya know what? Don't. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Yeah but she thinks runny eggs are gross, so can you even imagine what is considered a good breakfast for dinner?

Also I ordered an omelet with spinach the other day and it was packed with collard greens instead.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah but she thinks runny eggs are gross, so can you even imagine what is considered a good breakfast for dinner?

Also I ordered an omelet with spinach the other day and it was packed with collard greens instead.

This is true, I can't get behind snotty eggs no matter what time of day.

Dodadoodoo
Jun 15, 2007
Do you have a dad? I wanna meet that dad.

A.o.D. posted:

They had the corpses cleaned up by the time I was back in town, though they still had dog carcasses in some places.

My college roommate was from New Orleans and spent a summer working cleanup for all the seafood markets after Katrina. They wore those big hasmat suits and he said the smell still haunts him today.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

R.D. Mangles posted:

wait mike kafka is the chiefs' qb coach???

Reid has talked him up for being awesome mentoring Mahomes. He's absolutely going to be the next OC and probably eventually a head coach.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Normal league

https://twitter.com/yahoosportsnfl/status/1071464487327166464?s=21

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1071434477904244736?s=19

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Didn’t he build a new stadium like 15 years ago when he bought the team and also gently caress it up horribly?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Bigass Moth posted:

I've always felt Breakfast food as gussied up fancy gastro dinners was a wave waiting to happen. Chicken and Waffles is a riff on that. A Blues+Jazz diner/bar/pub would be perfect for such food. Louisiana style gastro breakfast with live music.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No good, doesn't include "Snap Punt the ball, Noooorv!"

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 8, 2018

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

Didn’t he build a new stadium like 15 years ago when he bought the team and also gently caress it up horribly?

Massive ugly expansion that never sold out.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Keith Atherton posted:

Saints were Super Bowl champions and the media would not shut up about the city recovering from Hurricane Katrina and the Super Bowl win and how that helped raise hope and blah blah blah

Media grabbing onto one simplistic narrative and hammering it into the ground beyond the point where anyone involved was exhausted with it?

Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Antonio Gates played basketball or something

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018

Corn Burst posted:

Are they the confirmed kills of american sniper and war hero chris kyle rip????

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Bruce Arians is a cock tease that wants attention

https://twitter.com/TyDunne/status/1071034009742913537

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He's negotiating w/ the Browns front office

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Sometimes you gotta play hard to get.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Sometimes you gotta play hard to get.

I simply must go (baby come coach our side)
The answer is no (baby come coach our side)
The welcome has been (How lucky that you dropped in)
So nice and warm (Take our new QB for a spin)

This contract looks suspicious (Our defense is outright vicious!)
I think there's a knock on the door (Jimmy Haslam bought you a whore)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Quiet Feet posted:

The only thing missing is "have you met Lebron James?"

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

:vince:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Quiet Feet posted:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

He's negotiating w/ the Browns front office

He's just setting up the "I didn't want that job anyway" defense when fat Mike steals it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

that extension tho

quote:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jaguars plan to move on from Blake Bortles this offseason.

This feels obvious, but it wasn't a given after a surprise Bortles extension in February. Jacksonville is expected to make Bortles a post June cut — spreading his $16.5 million dead money over the next two years. After leading the Jaguars to the AFC Championship, Bortles hit rock bottom this season, but he should resurface in a backup role. The Jaguars will start over at quarterback.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

FizFashizzle posted:

Remember when Eddie Lacy got huge and all the packers fans were trying to convince us it was a bad angle and we were all like "fam"

Never forget

https://twitter.com/grantgoldberg/status/840023000111960065?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

this cracks me up
i kinda get dudes who wash out because of drug use, drugs are super dope and if im habituated to smoke all the time to deal with mental health or physical issues ima keep smoking

but to fuckin eat your way out of millions of dollars is insane