Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
...I honestly almost never go to The End so I guess that's my problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know that there's any mods that make getting to the End much easier, so you still have to go through the pain-in-the-rear end vanilla process.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Eox posted:

I don't know that there's any mods that make getting to the End much easier, so you still have to go through the pain-in-the-rear end vanilla process.

Cyclic adds the Solid Ender Eye, which (iirc) is a reusable eye of ender.

Mods make the dragon fight a lot easier, especially if you have something that adds flight or pseudo-flight like the Vicio wand + mantle from rear end Sorcery.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Eox posted:

https://ftbwiki.org/End_Cake

More for skyblocks but if you have cobolt and ardite in the nether then Ex Astris end cake is craftable.

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

Getting to the end is basically just a question getting enough ender pearls to find the portal. Ender ore looks interesting, I wonder how it compares to ender lilies from Extra Utilities 2.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Antillie posted:

Getting to the end is basically just a question getting enough ender pearls to find the portal. Ender ore looks interesting, I wonder how it compares to ender lilies from Extra Utilities 2.

If it need changes just ask the author (it's me)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Taffer posted:

If it need changes just ask the author (it's me)

Can you add a research minigame that you have to complete every time you start a new map with the mod? Ideally it would be something that requires either non-renewable resources or that the resources so required are incredibly slow and painful to acquire.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Can you add a research minigame that you have to complete every time you start a new map with the mod? Ideally it would be something that requires either non-renewable resources or that the resources so required are incredibly slow and painful to acquire.

*Slow and painful to acquire from seeds that you've upgraded to 10-10-10

I can't even remember what mod had that and I'm glad for it

loving cropsticks man

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Devor posted:

*Slow and painful to acquire from seeds that you've upgraded to 10-10-10

I can't even remember what mod had that and I'm glad for it

loving cropsticks man

It's actually from IC2. You're probably thinking of Agricraft, though. Agricraft was a mod that decided that a mechanic from IC2 was good, so it copied it.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

You've all disgusted me so much I'm taking my mod and leaving, John Galt style. You don't deserve my industry!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
That's fair.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

In engimatics 2 skyblock, what is the best interior for the extreme reactor?

Last time i did it they changed what can go in there.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Meskhenet posted:

In engimatics 2 skyblock, what is the best interior for the extreme reactor?

Last time i did it they changed what can go in there.
Resonant ender on the outer shell, then cryotheum on the inside in cardinal directions. Fill any area that isn't a straight line between core and shell with graphite blocks.

Roughly like this:

https://br.sidoh.org/#reactor-desig...E3G3C6G3C6G3E3G

Also, fuel efficiency comes from width (the wider and shorter it is, the more efficient) and power from height - a 3 tall reactor will generate much less power than a 4 tall reactor, although the 4 tall will burn through fuel faster.

Putting reactor cores side by side like that means they share heat and generate more power. If resonant ender isn't in that pack (it's been a while, I can't honestly remember) then you can use diamond blocks or liquid redstone; I forget why, but having something in between the cryotheum and the shell significantly changes the efficiency and output.

e: Liquid Starlight is an amazing coolant too if it's been enabled in that pack; like, on par with cryotheum

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Whalley posted:

Resonant ender on the outer shell, then cryotheum on the inside in cardinal directions. Fill any area that isn't a straight line between core and shell with graphite blocks.

Roughly like this:

Also, fuel efficiency comes from width (the wider and shorter it is, the more efficient) and power from height - a 3 tall reactor will generate much less power than a 4 tall reactor, although the 4 tall will burn through fuel faster.

Putting reactor cores side by side like that means they share heat and generate more power. If resonant ender isn't in that pack (it's been a while, I can't honestly remember) then you can use diamond blocks or liquid redstone; I forget why, but having something in between the cryotheum and the shell significantly changes the efficiency and output.

e: Liquid Starlight is an amazing coolant too if it's been enabled in that pack; like, on par with cryotheum

Specifically, height is a multiplier. A 2-block internal reactor will produce twice as much power and use twice as much fuel as a one-block.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

oh my god

It hung like this for about 20 seconds and I got horrible flashbacks to trying to play games on windows 98. Was really nostalgic for a bit.

I just want direwolf20 pack but with a quest book so I have some direction

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Beekeeping and You posted:

oh my god

It hung like this for about 20 seconds and I got horrible flashbacks to trying to play games on windows 98. Was really nostalgic for a bit.

I just want direwolf20 pack but with a quest book so I have some direction

Download more RAM.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
What controls what for Mekanism steam boilers? I have three heaters running off charcoal going into the most basic 3x3 boiler. Ultimately, the turbine on the other end generates 600 RF/tick. Meanwhile, I have three steam dynamos generating steam directly into an identical turbine at 2200 RF/tick. I am comparing steam generation from two different mods but I still suspect that Mekanism boiler could be tuned.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Whalley posted:

Roughly like this:

This is a slightly more efficient layout. Lower temperature, higher RF output, higher RF/ingot.

edit: one thing I never figured out is how to get these multi-fluid layouts to not gently caress up on the bottom layer. Trying to do it with resonant ender is extra fucky.

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 9, 2018

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

MaliciousOnion posted:

This is a slightly more efficient layout. Lower temperature, higher RF output, higher RF/ingot.

edit: one thing I never figured out is how to get these multi-fluid layouts to not gently caress up on the bottom layer. Trying to do it with resonant ender is extra fucky.

You forgot to click Optimize. The 3x3 control rod setup is better than yours because it has more breeding involved. Control rod insertion settings can lower the temperature to a more optimal level, so you wind up with better efficiency with the same power output.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I think Enderium Blocks are better than both Resonant Ender and Gelid Cryotheum.

Unrelated:
Has anyone used the calculator mod? I can't seem to use any pipes to get the chips out of the Precision Chamber. I've tried Mek's Logistics, EnderIO conduits, Extra Utilities' Transfer Nodes and Thermal Dynamics Fluxducts. As well as Import bus, interface etc. Unless I'm doing it wrong I can't seem to automate item out.
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/calculator

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
It looks like it should allow it, according to this:

quote:

Automation: Like most Calculator Machines the Precision Chamber has reconfigurable sides which can be changed by right-clicking the side with a Wrench. It has two configurations (Input and Output).

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Sage Grimm posted:

It looks like it should allow it, according to this:

Ooooh, thanks! :)

I think this mod might be more OP than Draconic Evolution, or even Avaritia!

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 10, 2018

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Thanks for the answers, seems not much has changed.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

McFrugal posted:

You forgot to click Optimize. The 3x3 control rod setup is better than yours because it has more breeding involved. Control rod insertion settings can lower the temperature to a more optimal level, so you wind up with better efficiency with the same power output.

Even after optimizing control rod insertion I'm getting better numbers at my end. Maybe the website's fucky.

For calculator automation, it's best not to use Mekanism pipes - they have a tendency to pull items in the input slots as well as the output.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

MaliciousOnion posted:

Even after optimizing control rod insertion I'm getting better numbers at my end. Maybe the website's fucky.

For calculator automation, it's best not to use Mekanism pipes - they have a tendency to pull items in the input slots as well as the output.

Well, you do have to adjust the 3x3 reactor's insertion to make it hotter to match the RF/t of the "optimal" setting for the diamond shape. At 51% insertion for both, the site shows both generating 15kRF/t but the 3x3 has better efficiency. Seems like the problem is that if the 3x3 gets too hot the breeding doesn't work as well so it loses its advantage? I don't know why it's worse at 0% insertion.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I dropped some stuff in.

I was getting about 8.5k rf/t with it clean.

With just 1 layer of cry and res ender it jumped to 37krf/t

With all layers done im getting a steady 45kk rf/t (its 3 high)

So that sort of means that if youre cheap, you might be able to get away with just 1 layer of coolent.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
You can just dump the resonant ender from the topmost layer. However, I think the cryo has to be stacked, but it's been awhile since I messed with it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

You can just dump the resonant ender from the topmost layer. However, I think the cryo has to be stacked, but it's been awhile since I messed with it.

Yeah, cryotheum is affected by gravity.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

I dropped some stuff in.

I was getting about 8.5k rf/t with it clean.

With just 1 layer of cry and res ender it jumped to 37krf/t

With all layers done im getting a steady 45kk rf/t (its 3 high)

So that sort of means that if youre cheap, you might be able to get away with just 1 layer of coolent.

If you can only afford one layer of coolant you should make the reactor shorter. Build it back up later once you have more buckets.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

MaliciousOnion posted:

I have Export buses sending dirt to 14 Precision Chambers which is then connected via Mekanism's Logistic pipes to 14 Processing Chambers, which is then Mek Logistic pipe to 2 Atomic Multipliers which is then Mek Logistic pipe to a Diamond chest which is Mek Logistic pipe back to the 2 Atomic Multipliers.

(And then Torcherinoed to 1800% speed, needs about 200 million RF/t to run)

Everything is working great!

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Yeah, cryotheum is affected by gravity.

You can sort of make columns of cryotheum which will flow to adjacent empty space and then do some janky add/remove stuff to force flow further away that will save even more buckets.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Its a sky block, if you can make 1 bucket you can make a billion :p

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Whyyyy do so many people publish modpacks where half the keybinds are messed up?? It's like they haven't tested it at all... at least with direwolf20 you get a guarantee that the pack creator has at least tested his poo poo...

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
IIRC keybindings get messed up when trying to transfer between two different installations, not sure if that's still the case.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I hate how every time any mod pack updates, Mouse Tweaks reverts the scrollwheel direction to the wrong, backwards setting :argh:

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I'm playing Direwolf20 and having a great time, but I'm not really sure where to go next. I have a steam dynamo, redstone furnace+pulverizer, nether portal, and a tinkers construct smeltery. What's a good power setup for early game?

Also, in these packs I always get in a rut of focusing on big mods I already know like EnderIO, Tinkers Construct, and Thermal Expansion. What are some other cool mods that are worth looking into? I've never done astral sorcery or blood magic, so I guess those are my next goals?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Beekeeping and You posted:

I'm playing Direwolf20 and having a great time, but I'm not really sure where to go next. I have a steam dynamo, redstone furnace+pulverizer, nether portal, and a tinkers construct smeltery. What's a good power setup for early game?

Also, in these packs I always get in a rut of focusing on big mods I already know like EnderIO, Tinkers Construct, and Thermal Expansion. What are some other cool mods that are worth looking into? I've never done astral sorcery or blood magic, so I guess those are my next goals?

Botania, Astral Sorcery, and Blood Magic are magic-based options for mods you haven't used. Immersive Engineering is a tech-based option which has really cool multiblocks.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Botania, Astral Sorcery, and Blood Magic are magic-based options for mods you haven't used. Immersive Engineering is a tech-based option which has really cool multiblocks.

Oooh, I hadn't even thought of Immersive Engineering, thanks! The extent of my knowledge of Immersive Engineering is using the cloche to break skyfactory 3, so giving it another look sounds great.

e: Also I might be the weirdo who gels with bees now that I think about it. Breeding minigames are fun as all hell.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

"ah yes, i will try the bees", thinks yet another innocent, unaware of what is to come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

You can also breed trees with Forestry, goes well with bees. I'm a fan of Immersive Engineering but PneumaticCraft: Repressurized is also a different take on what a tech mod can be.