Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

if the nfl wanted more people to watch they should rig the games so the cincinnati bengals win

with the Nfl not being that good lately, this would help out, with it. probably the most interesting team that everyone wants to watch and see them win every game and win the super bowl a lot of times is the cincinnati bengals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cavauro posted:

with the Nfl not being that good lately, this would help out, with it. probably the most interesting team that everyone wants to watch and see them win every game and win the super bowl a lot of times is the cincinnati bengals.

According to my research, the Bengals are definitely the most popular team in the NFL. What an unexpected twist.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Flikken posted:

How soon you forget Josh McCown hanging 457 yards on you in Baltimore.

Oh yeah, I forget about that because there's so few losses that they barely register. It's good to not have to desperately hang on to 3 wins in 10 years lmao

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

Lol at pretending Baltimore isn’t Gods cruel joke.

Anywhere on the east coast is automatically better than ohio HTH

Oberst fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 8, 2018

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

i was a fan of two thousand and twelve, and other such years

VVV your team went 3-13 that year and was last in the division lmao

God were so owned dude

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Cleveland knocking Baltimore out of the playoffs Week 17 is going to be extremely funny

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Cleveland knocking Baltimore out of the playoffs Week 17 is going to be extremely funny

Agreed

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:yeah:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If I could put my Kawalimus hat on for a second, Baltimore getting bounced from the playoffs by the Browns is a good thing. It would complete the set by having each AFCN team beat the Ravens in the final divisional game of the year to keep them from the playoffs in three consecutive years thus breaking the curse of the post Superbowl playoff drought.*

*Curse not applicable to Gary Kubiak led offenses.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

You all will continue to be Very disappointed :smug: as with the Chiefs game tomorrow and the Chargers game week 16, we will be out of playoffs already by then :smith:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

You all will continue to be Very disappointed :smug: as with the Chiefs game tomorrow and the Chargers game week 16, we will be out of playoffs already by then :smith:

Steelers have to play Pats and Saints and are always somewhat likely to poo themselves playing in Oakland for whatever reason.

9 wins probably wins the division I think. Or at least that is way more likely than trying to beat out Tennessee or Denver or all the other WC teams that have a bunch of garbo teams to beat the last three weeks.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I was thinking we actually had a chance tomorrow but just saw Humphrey is probably going to be out again. In that case this game is over before it's even started.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If I could put my Kawalimus hat on for a second, Baltimore getting bounced from the playoffs by the Browns is a good thing. It would complete the set by having each AFCN team beat the Ravens in the final divisional game of the year to keep them from the playoffs in three consecutive years thus breaking the curse of the post Superbowl playoff drought.*

*Curse not applicable to Gary Kubiak led offenses.

Basically for me the Ravens game outcomes don't matter at this point UNLESS we get to the Superbowl, in which case the important thing is probably going well. That only thing of any importance is Lamar Jackson's development.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm wearing kawalimus's bucket hat that says 'bird nerd' on it

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

i'm wearing kawalimus's bucket hat that says 'bird nerd' on it

The other day I went to this place called Spook Hill Boat Ramp at Prettyboy Reservoir where they had been seeing Red Crossbills. Red Crossbills are these neat birds whose bills are crossed so they can get into various cones and other stuff. They're separated into like 10 different "types" which might all be their own separate species. Recently I think one was separated and became the Cassia Crossbill which is only found in like Idaho. Anyway usually when Red Crossbills occur in MD they're like type 3 but these Crossbills at Spook Hill and Kidd's Schoolhouse Pond rd they aren't type 3. The ones from the other day were type 1 or Appalachian type Red Crossbill. And type 10 which is Sitka Spruce Red Crossbill. You can tell the difference by the flight call notes that are like "Kip-kip" but you need a scientist to confirm these. Anyway some of the people there got recordings and scientists confirmed these Crossbills that flew over that day were indeed type 1 and type 10 so if they are ever made into their own species then we may be the only people to have ever gotten those in MD. How cool is that?! :)

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 9, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's extremely cool. my favorite crossbill in looks is the white-winged or non-native two-barred crossbill.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
dalton and green dying is gonna be the only thing preventing us from a hue takeover hahahaaaaaaaa......

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

that's extremely cool. my favorite crossbill in looks is the white-winged or non-native two-barred crossbill.

I love white-winged too. They were around about 5 winters ago. I found my own once. I was at this nature area near the water and there was this group of white pines(at least I think they were) in this otherwise deciduous area and they had nice cones so I was like "man that looks like a good tree for..." and as soon as I thought that I heard the wings of a flock of birds going over my head and into those trees. I knew what it probably was and sure enough there was this flock of about 10 WWCR mixed males and females. I was so happy to see them. Then I also saw one at this other place on a sweetgum tree when I was out chasing some redpolls.

Two-barred I don't know much about. But I'd love to see one if I ever go on international birding. What's kinda dumb is I'm so attached to local birding around here it makes me not even want to bird elsewhere. I shouldn't think that way it's unhealthy I should want to explore more.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Art Modell once crossed bill (Bellichick.)

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I was thinking we actually had a chance tomorrow but just saw Humphrey is probably going to be out again. In that case this game is over before it's even started.

Where are you getting this? Zrebec said he's probably starting.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Arkhams Razor posted:

Where are you getting this? Zrebec said he's probably starting.

He's questionable. And you know how I see that glass :)

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Master Stur posted:

dalton and green dying is gonna be the only thing preventing us from a hue takeover hahahaaaaaaaa......
the sad thing is i bet dalton and green would push for hue

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

I love white-winged too. They were around about 5 winters ago. I found my own once. I was at this nature area near the water and there was this group of white pines(at least I think they were) in this otherwise deciduous area and they had nice cones so I was like "man that looks like a good tree for..." and as soon as I thought that I heard the wings of a flock of birds going over my head and into those trees. I knew what it probably was and sure enough there was this flock of about 10 WWCR mixed males and females. I was so happy to see them. Then I also saw one at this other place on a sweetgum tree when I was out chasing some redpolls.

Two-barred I don't know much about. But I'd love to see one if I ever go on international birding. What's kinda dumb is I'm so attached to local birding around here it makes me not even want to bird elsewhere. I shouldn't think that way it's unhealthy I should want to explore more.

It's cool to think of local birding like rooting for your home team in a way. i wouldn't worry if you end up birding around only to find yourself missing Home birds.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i'm excited for the browns to remain Bad Forever even with baker

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Tis better to have loved and lost than to have ever been from ohio

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Da Browns are back baby!

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Ravens own Missouri sucks Ohio sucks go Steelers

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Next up, Ravens.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

1 nothing wrong with me
2 nothing wrong with me
3 nothing wrong with me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no matter what happens it always seems like everyone is caring about the very great Bengals

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

look at what i found googling 'ravens in last place'

bitch

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Cavauro posted:

bitch

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Oberst posted:

Tis better to have loved and lost than to have ever been from ohio

The Baltimore Ravens are literally from Ohio.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

The Orioles were also the Browns.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Eifert Posting posted:

lol

schmug
May 20, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

lmao...so everything BUT the Raven's?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens erased the stain of Ohio Sports from themselves when they won a championship

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Lmao wat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Cavauro posted:

bitch