Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

Jimbot posted:

The M1907 SF seems kinda great? It's like a half-way gun between SMG and assault rifle. It's only downside is the magazine size. Seems like you can build it more as a SMG or an AR with its specializations.

It's basically the AEK of this game. Barely any recoil and fires super quick. The low mag size balances it though in my opinion as you can't get more than two or three guys before having the reload.

Also AA feels bugged for me. I have to lead way too far for the game to register as a hit even if they are flying in a straight line at me. Maybe I'm just bad :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

WALLGOD posted:

It's basically the AEK of this game. Barely any recoil and fires super quick. The low mag size balances it though in my opinion as you can't get more than two or three guys before having the reload.

Also AA feels bugged for me. I have to lead way too far for the game to register as a hit even if they are flying in a straight line at me. Maybe I'm just bad :shrug:

MAYBE!

lol, I'm just kidding

I dont even know you, guy

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

The Bananana posted:

MAYBE!

lol, I'm just kidding

I dont even know you, guy

Are you on PS4? I keep meaning to skim the thread and add people.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Yep, ps4, butt crew, etc

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Maybe im just balls because i hit the enemy fighter/bomber over and over and over with hit markers and everything and the thing just zooms overhead and goes off to repair.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 7, 2018

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

Maybe im just balls because i hit the enemy fighter/bomber over and over and over with hit markers and everything and the thing just zooms overhead and goes off to repair.

AA guns/tanks cannot kill a full hp bomber in a single run

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I’ve used the German flak cannon to good effect. You have to shoot bursts, and lead so that the flak explodes on the plane body. I’ve done 80 damage on bombers, and just shredded everything else to the point of making skylords ragequit.

On the bridge level enemies can shoot tank rounds directly into the German spawn. Fantastic design.

Also, am I missing something with repairs? I drove the Churchill alligator tank, took some damage that resulted in a red outline on the hull. I did the self repair, limped to a supply point to repair, then got out to try the repair torch on the burning gas tank. I had 100% vehicle health and still the red outline and slowed movement.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

red19fire posted:

I’ve used the German flak cannon to good effect. You have to shoot bursts, and lead so that the flak explodes on the plane body. I’ve done 80 damage on bombers, and just shredded everything else to the point of making skylords ragequit.

On the bridge level enemies can shoot tank rounds directly into the German spawn. Fantastic design.

Also, am I missing something with repairs? I drove the Churchill alligator tank, took some damage that resulted in a red outline on the hull. I did the self repair, limped to a supply point to repair, then got out to try the repair torch on the burning gas tank. I had 100% vehicle health and still the red outline and slowed movement.

Red outline means damaged parts, like turret or treads or whatnot.

I believe you have to manually repair that. Not instant repair, unless you've unlocked the repair spec for that vehicle which usually repairs damage statuses.
Since you were in the churchill, you might not have been a driver/engineer, might could be you didnt have the blowtorch to repair broken statuses.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

AA guns/tanks cannot kill a full hp bomber in a single run

Yes they can lol

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I havent been able to but im willing to believe im just bad. Is their a trick to it?

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

ZeusCannon posted:

I havent been able to but im willing to believe im just bad. Is their a trick to it?

There's not much of a trick to it or anything, you kinda just have to practice to get a feel for it. One thing I noticed is that I was leading way too much when planes were close to me.

Also I'll admit that the good pilots won't be so kind as to fly in a straight line like the guy in my video. If it looks like he's going to bomb you, make sure you move away to reduce the damage he can do.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Stay in the tank and repair at a supply point to fix structural damage. Blowtorch doesn’t get it I think. The whole repair while inside sucks imo. Externally repairing was more conducive to teamwork and had risk associated.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
We should employ the DICE Corollary here. It's possibly he was properly repairing the tank and it just refused to fix the status damage on account of a bug. It's happened to me.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

lambskin posted:

There's not much of a trick to it or anything, you kinda just have to practice to get a feel for it. One thing I noticed is that I was leading way too much when planes were close to me.

Also I'll admit that the good pilots won't be so kind as to fly in a straight line like the guy in my video. If it looks like he's going to bomb you, make sure you move away to reduce the damage he can do.

What's the best way to spec the AA tanks? Grabbing the new cannon type in each tree?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The Bananana posted:

Red outline means damaged parts, like turret or treads or whatnot.

I believe you have to manually repair that. Not instant repair, unless you've unlocked the repair spec for that vehicle which usually repairs damage statuses.
Since you were in the churchill, you might not have been a driver/engineer, might could be you didnt have the blowtorch to repair broken statuses.

I was playing as supply, but when you spawn in a tank you get a tank class mans who has a Sten, mine, grenade cluster and repair torch.

I'm loving the trend of assault mans running behind enemy tanks by like 10 feet, spamming rockets.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

red19fire posted:

I was playing as supply, but when you spawn in a tank you get a tank class mans who has a Sten, mine, grenade cluster and repair torch.

I'm loving the trend of assault mans running behind enemy tanks by like 10 feet, spamming rockets.

I think it is like in BF1 where the repair doesn't work the same when you don't spawn as the tanker. At least they didn't waste a whole bunch of weapons on the tanker/pilot classes this time.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
This shits already on sale so.... shortly whatup buttkrew

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Beach Party posted:

What's the best way to spec the AA tanks? Grabbing the new cannon type in each tree?

Generally speaking the 20mm cannons perform better against lighter aircraft. The larger guns (37mm I think?) work best against bombers but will have a harder time hitting fighters. Other than that, take the case rounds for the Valentine AA. That turns it into probably the most effective anti-infantry tank out there.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Hello again, buttkrew

I wasn't expecting a significant price drop this soon lol

So here I am.

how bad is this game doing jesus christ

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

All I'll say is the quality of the game compared to previous entries is the reason for the price drop.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Yeah, I was down to the mall for another errand, figured I'd buy this to spite the Nazis, was 79.99 on the shelf. I figure, eh gently caress it. Get in line, guy in front buying cod. Clerk says it's on sale today, but so is Battlefield. Came to 50-something. Lucky me. I might wait a bit to install though, cause I'd have to uninstall BF1 or RDR2, and I'm not sure if I want to go that far at this time.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

yellowcar posted:

how bad is this game doing jesus christ

Not bad as best i can tell they just got that sweet initial money and are aiming for christmas money now. But i could be wrong.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

Stay in the tank and repair at a supply point to fix structural damage. Blowtorch doesn’t get it I think. The whole repair while inside sucks imo. Externally repairing was more conducive to teamwork and had risk associated.

Preach. No more battlefield moments of stealing some repairing guy's tank, or getting your tank stolen and having to frantically work to destroy it. The noobification continues.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Are there even any Battlefield Moments in this one? No huge set pieces? Seeing the skyscraper on shanghai go down, or having to frantically jump off the top floor when he alarms went off was always cool. Now I guess sometimes the bell rings if you shoot it in devastation.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Battlefield moments are when you hit that plane with a panzerfaust. Or when you jihad jeep some tank.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Want a battlefield moment? Watch Skater revive me and then end a conquest game with an enormous V1 drop.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/skater-h8er/video/65104299

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Has anyone else noticed there is seemingly no way to get more of the coins needed to actually upgrade their weapons? Other than the daily challenges, which net you 300 max, it seems like there isn’t anyway to get the dang things...

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

RCarr posted:

All I'll say is the quality of the game compared to previous entries is the reason for the price drop.

You sure post a lot about a game you hate

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

fartknocker posted:

Has anyone else noticed there is seemingly no way to get more of the coins needed to actually upgrade their weapons? Other than the daily challenges, which net you 300 max, it seems like there isn’t anyway to get the dang things...

Yeah it's glitched at the moment. You normally earn company coin by leveling up. Once you hit the max level you earn 1000 company coin every few rounds. This isn't working so you are kinda stuck until they fix it. DICE has said they are working on retroactively giving company coin to people who have been at max level for a while.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
so far so fun.

Reckon having goons to gently caress around and giggle at dumb poo poo with is always half the fun anyway.

Tanks are hard

Oh also if any y'all aren't in the krew I'm gunshow_poophole on psn and can approve ur platoon apps

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 9, 2018

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Reckon having goons to gently caress around and giggle at dumb poo poo with is always half the fun anyway.

Pretty much.

Spent the afternoon playing solo, cursing my pubby teammates to hell and back.

Then did some 'science' with Sk8er and Big D (Med Crates: How do they work?), before playing a little more seriously when Chemmy joined us, leading to the above posted Battlefield Moment.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

StevoMcQueen posted:

Spent the afternoon playing solo, cursing my pubby teammates to hell and back.

Man, you just gotta channel you pub-fu.

I led a squad of pubbies to "Best Squad" in Grand Ops today :frogc00l:

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Man, you just gotta channel you pub-fu.

I led a squad of pubbies to "Best Squad" in Grand Ops today :frogc00l:

Pffffft, I lead a pubby squad of only 2 to best squad, with a ticket count of 500+ left yesterday.

:clint:

(We were the Germans on Hamada, everyone but 6 people quit/got dropped at the end of the previous round. The enemy tank stopped at A, and demolished the sandbags at the same speed we rebuilt them, until the tickets ran out).

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think squad points having actual tangible benefits has really helped wrangle pubbies into following squad leader orders

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think squad points having actual tangible benefits has really helped wrangle pubbies into following squad leader orders

i've only played today and already had a great pubby medic friend just truck around reviving my stupid rear end while I learned how Not To Carl things

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Is calling in a V-1 buggy or am I just awful at it? Everytime I try the binoculars bug the gently caress out and nothing happens. I don't think I've ever managed to do it. I've only tried 2 or 3 times so I'm probably just missing something but it sure isn't intuitive.

MoukoKHZ
Sep 23, 2010
I'm conflicted about buying this game. On one hand, I enjoyed the beta and there's the BF veteran discount, but one the other, I disagree with DICE's revisionist take on the war stories. This was why I asked if the game had a codex; to have an entry detailing what actually happened in these events upon completion would, while not good enough for the button police, appease those with at least a passing interest in World War 2.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Live At Five! posted:

Is calling in a V-1 buggy or am I just awful at it? Everytime I try the binoculars bug the gently caress out and nothing happens. I don't think I've ever managed to do it. I've only tried 2 or 3 times so I'm probably just missing something but it sure isn't intuitive.

You are most likely either trying to call it in when someone else has one coming in at the moment, or you are just plain not doing it correctly. You look down the binoculars, mark the area with the orange dot and press butan

MoukoKHZ posted:

I'm conflicted about buying this game. On one hand, I enjoyed the beta and there's the BF veteran discount, but one the other, I disagree with DICE's revisionist take on the war stories. This was why I asked if the game had a codex; to have an entry detailing what actually happened in these events upon completion would, while not good enough for the button police, appease those with at least a passing interest in World War 2.

Not as far as I know. And I don't get all the upset babies over this poo poo, either. Battlefield games have never been historical stories with real names and people, I don't know why anyone is expecting them to be now.

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 9, 2018

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

quote is not edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

MoukoKHZ posted:

this uhhh is definitely a unique take lol