Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
I ordered Katamari Damacy from the web site while at work yesterday and it was downloaded before I got home. So yes, it downloads in sleep mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Mercury Crusader posted:

Limited Run Games is basically a lazier Working Designs for the 21st century.

If only they would port Guardian Heroes and Dragon Force. :allears:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

For some reason physical copies of Katamari Damacy REROLL aren't widely available at places like Amazon. My local Gamestop had some so I swallowed my pride and payed a visit. When I asked the cashier for a copy he said, "Ah, good old Katamari." As soon as I heard that it felt like we all missed a golden opportunity because Good Ol' Katamari would have been a perfect name for this remake.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
How long does it take to turn around in smash brothers ultimate compared to the others

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

McCracAttack posted:

For some reason physical copies of Katamari Damacy REROLL aren't widely available at places like Amazon. My local Gamestop had some so I swallowed my pride and payed a visit. When I asked the cashier for a copy he said, "Ah, good old Katamari." As soon as I heard that it felt like we all missed a golden opportunity because Good Ol' Katamari would have been a perfect name for this remake.

it's gamestop exclusive

When I went to pick up my copy I said I was there for Katamari and one clerk said "Yeah!" and the other said "What is that?"

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Does this system keep downloading even when in sleep mode?

Sleep mode yes.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Gripweed posted:

it's gamestop exclusive

When I went to pick up my copy I said I was there for Katamari and one clerk said "Yeah!" and the other said "What is that?"

Oh, that seems obvious in hindsight. Also, Katamari Damacy is a 14 year old game. :smith:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I’m one of those old fogies that can’t track more than 1v1 in Smash without losing where I’m looking at but have found that all of the joy i need is coming from 1v1 with my 5year old who is trying his best to invent new ways to trash talk me. <3

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I’ve been playing smash and I’ve realised with so many fire emblem fighters I’ve never really gotten into the series. Is the switch one any good? Does it have the smash characters in it? I like strategy games and played a lot of FFTA, advance wars and disgaea. I’m mainly scared of it being dumb anime titty poo poo which sometimes disgaea got close to but not bad enough I guess.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

teacup posted:

I’ve been playing smash and I’ve realised with so many fire emblem fighters I’ve never really gotten into the series. Is the switch one any good? Does it have the smash characters in it? I like strategy games and played a lot of FFTA, advance wars and disgaea. I’m mainly scared of it being dumb anime titty poo poo which sometimes disgaea got close to but not bad enough I guess.

Fire Emblem Warriors is a spinoff musou game and while it is fun it is nothing like Fire Emblem.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

teacup posted:

The Switch one isn't a Fire Emblem game, it's a Dynasty Warriors game with Fire Emblem characters. The Smash characters show up but it's not really their story.

It is good though

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

whaley posted:

How long does it take to turn around in smash brothers ultimate compared to the others

If this is some joke this sure is an obscure one.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 9, 2018

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The switch game is Fire Emblem Warriors, it is not a Fire Emblem game. There will be one on the Switch eventually but for now your best bets are the 3DS or GBA ones.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

teacup posted:

If you've got a 3DS then Fire Emblem: Awakening is the most well regarded of the modern games. The only dumb anime titty poo poo that I can remember is there's a character that looks like a 10 year old who's technically an ancient dragon and can be romanced by other characters. See here.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

I’m one of those old fogies that can’t track more than 1v1 in Smash without losing where I’m looking at but have found that all of the joy i need is coming from 1v1 with my 5year old who is trying his best to invent new ways to trash talk me. <3

My 6 year old and I played all afternoon. 99 lives, 2 minutes, high items, poke balls and assist trophies only.

She nearly peed herself at the nintendogs assist.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

teacup posted:

FE Awaking is great.

FE Fates gets close to dumb anime titty poo poo.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

teacup posted:

I’ve been playing smash and I’ve realized with so many fire emblem fighters I’ve never really gotten into the series. Is the switch one any good? Does it have the smash characters in it? I like strategy games and played a lot of FFTA, advance wars and disgaea. I’m mainly scared of it being dumb anime titty poo poo which sometimes disgaea got close to but not bad enough I guess.

If you want something leaning more into the strategy side (like Advance Wars) check out FE7 on the GBA. If you want something learning more into the RPG/numbers-go-up side (like FFTA/Disgaea) check out Awakening on the 3DS. The series has more dumb anime titty poo poo than it did in the GBA days but it's still much closer to the Final Fantasy series in that respect than Disgaea.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Awakening is great simply for the fact that if m!Robin marries lucina, Chrom is now a grandpa.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gripweed posted:

it's gamestop exclusive

When I picked mine up they had to spend a few minutes in the backroom looking for it. :/

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
AUSGOONS

Target's purging their unsold backlog of older game titles, and part of that is ARMS and 1-2-Switch for $30AUD apiece. The prices are in-store only.

Also Big W has the Let's Go Pokemon Pokeball bundles for $100AUD.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 9, 2018

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

I just discovered this after getting into Golf Story recently and am legit sad that I missed out on it

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
If I have one technical complaint on Smash right now, it’s that I feel that movement is overblown a bit... I was standing with my back to an item and when I go to turn around to grab it it turns around and runs past it. And then I try to correct the other way and it turns wrong and runs past it again.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

If I have one technical complaint on Smash right now, it’s that I feel that movement is overblown a bit... I was standing with my back to an item and when I go to turn around to grab it it turns around and runs past it. And then I try to correct the other way and it turns wrong and runs past it again.

I asked good players and they said:
Turn off up to jump and then use the upper half of the analog sticks radius to make quick arcs of a few degrees to turn quickly.
Much easier than trying to delicately nudge the stick from neutral to turn.
Basically shifting from 12 to 11 oclock is all it takes

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

How is Starlink? A shooty space game appeals to me but I don't know much about it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

I asked good players and they said:
Turn off up to jump and then use the upper half of the analog sticks radius to make quick arcs of a few degrees to turn quickly.
Much easier than trying to delicately nudge the stick from neutral to turn.
Basically shifting from 12 to 11 oclock is all it takes

Thanks. Neat trick.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Elderbean posted:

How is Starlink? A shooty space game appeals to me but I don't know much about it.

Good, if a bit mindless. Combat is fun and most of the activities reward relevant stuff to build towards.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

soggybagel posted:

I’m kind of hating the adventure mode or whatever it’s called in Smash.

:raise: :hf: :what:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

katamari is such an insanely great thing

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

1-2-Switch for $30AUD
Yeah i'm still not biting

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Zas posted:

katamari is such an insanely great thing

i know you lo-ove me
i want to roll you up into my life
let's roll up to make a single star in the sky

i hear you callin me
i want to wad you up into my life
let's lump up to make
a single staaaaar
in the sky-y-yyyyyy

to yooouuuuu

yes! to youuuuuu!

(da-ba, da ba
da da da-da-da
da-ba, da-ba
da da da-da-da
da-ba, da-ba)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Elderbean posted:

Surprisingly good and the Starfox content is well implemented. Get it on sale. I’ve seen it for $30-35 recently.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The Katamari demo only being the first stage is insulting

Guess I gotta buy it!!!

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Oxxidation posted:

i know you lo-ove me
i want to roll you up into my life
let's roll up to make a single star in the sky

i hear you callin me
i want to wad you up into my life
let's lump up to make
a single staaaaar
in the sky-y-yyyyyy

to yooouuuuu

yes! to youuuuuu!

(da-ba, da ba
da da da-da-da
da-ba, da-ba
da da da-da-da
da-ba, da-ba)

This post makes me want to drink Gin & Tonic & Red Red Roses.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

How is the Sega genesis Collection? Competent emulation or is it a hard pass?

Frank Cifaldi was grumbling about some of the initial screenshots and from what I've read it has some minor graphical issues due to the way it scales that show up worse undocked vs docked.

If stuff like that bothers you caveat emptor but I'll probably get it. 30 bucks ain't bad and maybe it'll get some tuning (probably not but I can dream).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Hi goons I, Lobster, am bad at Smash. It is true.

How do I make the challenger room appear so that I can fight them again? I can't seem to figure out what triggers it. I have like four guys queued up at this point.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

The Wonderful Star's Walk is Wonderful is an extremely nostalgic song for me for some reason, and I am so glad this game is back in some form.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The Lobster posted:

How do I make the challenger room appear so that I can fight them again? I can't seem to figure out what triggers it. I have like four guys queued up at this point.

I'm guessing it's time spent in battle. I spent most of my time unlocking characters in regular Smash, Adventure, and the Spirit Board. I've found after playing a match or two after your next new challenger approaches, the door to the previous Challengers appears in the Games & More section

I just finished unlocking all the characters

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Lobster posted:

Beat a classic mode and a lot will unlock

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

The Lobster posted:

I also believe it's based on time played, but haven't tested it. It's appeared for me after a classic mode as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I don't have any hard data, but it felt like 10ish minutes of gameplay would trigger a Challenger Approach. Classic Mode locks you into a longer gameplay session, so I stopped doing it after the first

I achieved it mostly by playing each character once, and then grinding the rest in Adventure and Spirits