Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

blugu64 posted:

Elecom huge. Tons of programmable buttons + Advantage2 and keyboard macros. It's what you really need, even if it doesn't look cool. Keyboard macros own.

im looking at those elecoms since my logitech marble wireless left button is worn, they look like a great replacement considering everything new for logitech is thumb trackball now and i have no dexterity with them

Sagebrush posted:

lol, graph doesn't know about the three trackballs

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Salt Fish posted:

This elecom site is great.

"Sound is curious place, but adopts silent Switch usable calmly. By deisign which came out of shape of the hand, we realize good point of further 'grip feeling'."

It's good. I wish the plastic were a bit thicker, but outside that, blows the m570 out of the water. I tried a Kensington Expert, which I also liked, but the wrist angle it had me at wasn't working out for me. Also:

https://www2.elecom.co.jp.e.gj.hp.transer.com/products/M-HT1DRBK.html

Ultimate pointer flattery performance

We adopt large artificial ruby of 2.5mm in diameter to support ball, and a feeling of chastity ball improves only thing that the surface is smooth markedly by using support ball of highest grade quality that selected carefully. In addition, support ball becomes hard to be buried among garbage such as dirt from the hands by support ball being large, and maintenance frequency decreases.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

*sigh* i'm the feeling of chastity ball

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

that feel when chastity ball

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

SO DEMANDING posted:

it's for color grading (idk some pagancow type poo poo) and costs $350

same company also makes this crazy fucker for $15,000 :eyepop:

the labels underneath the buttons and knobs are all tiny displays :popeye:

:awesome:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
How to buy

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

SO DEMANDING posted:

the labels underneath the buttons and knobs are all tiny displays :popeye:
did anyone ever buy the optimus keyboards. i heard they were kinda poo poo

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I bought this keyboard after seeing it on an episode of Tekzilla. The price is very high for a keyboard that doesn't have alot of news about it but to me it was worth every cent. I use the keyboard for work. I was able to program a custom layout myself very easly. I added macro strings to speed up the process of captioning photos. I also was able to change the functions of the number keypad of the keyboard. I changed the + into a tab and the - into a space bar the / into ' for the foot mark and so on. It increased my productivity so much that it paid for it's self in less than a month. I have had this keyboard for over 6 months and use it 9 hours a day 5 days a week and I have had no probiblems with it. It did take some getting use to sence the keys are alot bigger than a standard keyboard. And the keys feel differant also. It took only a few days to get use to the new keyboard. I am going to get another for my home office and to use as a backup for my work keyboard in case I ever do run into a probiblem with this board. I have became dependant on the board so much I'd hate to think what it would be like with out it.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

he’s consistently spelling it “probiblem” :pwn:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

hi. i'm tim tyler, and this is a video about my keyboooard

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

hi. i'm tim tyler, and this is a video about my keyboooard

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

He probably uses an even cooler layout.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

He probably uses an even cooler layout.

Oh boy are you in for a fun time

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
My new trackball just got here

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

DELETE CASCADE posted:

that looks like a “back” “massager”

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
just smh if you’re not reading the 2018 trackball reviews by Xah Lee

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I keep wanting to try a trackball but it seems so daunting to have to learn a new interface method/idiom?

:ohdear:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Schadenboner posted:

I keep wanting to try a trackball but it seems so daunting to have to learn a new interface method/idiom?

:ohdear:

just get one already, just make sure it’s not a thumb ball; balls were meant to be fingered

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

lol, graph doesn't know about the three trackballs

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

duckfarts posted:

just get one already, just make sure it’s not a thumb ball; balls were meant to be fingered

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

duckfarts posted:

thirding, my first was the cheaper logitech usb marble and its still a good temp one if you dont want to spend much

its a bit like learning again for fine motor control, but probably not as much if youre used to trackpads? its neat when you figure it out because then you can adjust your acceleration lower and just spin the ball to move the mouse further so you get crazy precision like playing old arcade games

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I literally just flop my hands at my mouse until it sort-of goes in the desired direction, I'm not sure I can figure out how to use a trackball.

:(

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Schadenboner posted:

I literally just flop my hands at my mouse until it sort-of goes in the desired direction, I'm not sure I can figure out how to use a trackball.

I got just the thing for you

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

duckfarts posted:

don't post your mom's advertising slogans

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

ist a ball, you roll it

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
It's like an old-timey mouse turned around.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Lambert posted:

It's like an old-timey mouse turned around.

yeah definitely love to rub a huge mouse's ball all day

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

as opposed to a mouse's huge ball

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax

These things arre possibly the biggest ripoff ever. Super lovely build quality, poor latency, and they only let you control a fraction of the actual features of the grading software. I used to use davinci resolve every day and the Element panel we had was so useless that I made controllermate mappings to just click through the menus and put my mouse over the sliders I needed to adjust. My time to grade a timeline was cut in half

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

welcome back pagancow

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

a reality show host is president? I grade this timeline an F.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

that took me about 1/4 of a second. its v easy

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

duckfarts posted:

wow so that really is where the pee is stored after all.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I picked up a kensington trackball. I use a thumb ball right now and I'm going to run them side by side on my desk so I can timeshare between my various fingers.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Two track balls, one for the right hand, one for the right hand. High DPI on one and low DPI on the other for optimal track balling.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

duckfarts posted:

bop it

click it

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I want a throttle control like you'd find on an airplane, but when you push it forward in increases the sensitivity of your track ball.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you are in luck!

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Saitek-Flight-Throttle-Quadrant/dp/B01M00UHE3/

that plus autohotkey and you should be set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

I picked up a kensington trackball. I use a thumb ball right now and I'm going to run them side by side on my desk so I can timeshare between my various fingers.

Expert or slimblade?

I wonder if you could set this up to do X,Y cursor coordinates...