Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

We're going to need a beautiful (but tiny) pea-green boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Two of my favorite goofy mammals in one video:3::kimchi:

Bronz
Apr 24, 2010

Bored posted:

I have one who does this any time I am eating, but she doesn't want my food. My hands should always be engaged petting and playing with her. She slapped a snickers ice cream bar out of my hand at one point. I imagined she was saying,"play with me, you fat gently caress."

Another comes running when she hears a bag of donettes being opened. Yes, that is spelled correctly. Hostess has a line of tiny donuts called "donettes". The same cat loves popcorn. She will also eat Styrofoam if given a chance, so that gets taken out to the trash immediately so that she doesn't cache it somewhere for later.

My cats have been going apeshit for those lately too. Just rolling all over them. Rubbing them on their heads. I don't understand.

I once walked into the kitchen to find my one of my cats sitting by a bowl of salad with a piece of arugula hanging out of his mouth with a 'What?!? It was there!' expression on his face.

Edit--Also had a cat when I was a kid who was crazy for chocolate (milk chocolate, fortunately) and popcorn.

Bronz has a new favorite as of 05:42 on Dec 8, 2018

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Jesus loving Christ

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

"Poop is walking!"

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
^
The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Guys, serious scientific question here.

Do kittens have that super-soft "new" fur like puppies? I have never petted a kitten. :smith:

Anecdotes and pictures for scientific reference are welcome.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

How have you never petted a kitten, come on dude, get out there and do it right now

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DrSnakeLaser posted:

Do kittens have that super-soft "new" fur like puppies? I have never petted a kitten. :smith:

They do, but they're also made of needles and razor blades, and these are their main ways of interacting with the world.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I hope this cat is named Rorschach.

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

Wanna meet this new friend! Reminds me of this, but with an axolotl

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Raptor1033 posted:

^
The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "Meow."

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

RoboRodent posted:

I hope this cat is named Rorschach.

It is! :3:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

DrSnakeLaser posted:

Go to your nearest animal shelter and they will have loads of kittens and they always need volunteers to help socialize them.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

"Where are we going and are there sheep here?"

omg it snatter

She must have been an extremely good girl this year because her wish immediately came true. A pack of small children smothered her in hugs and she got to pick out a bone to take home.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
We did our second annual holiday card photo shoot the other night....

This plan turned out to be much harder to execute than anticipated.

Cat photography: Literally herding cats.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Instant Jellyfish posted:

She must have been an extremely good girl this year because her wish immediately came true. A pack of small children smothered her in hugs and she got to pick out a bone to take home.

I am extremely jealous of small children.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Master Twig posted:

I am extremely jealous of small children.

Hugging Mina is pretty great for me, a grown fairly average sized person. Hugging Mina when she is twice as large as you must be like hugging a friendly polar bear. She really loves it too.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/Bodegacats_/status/1071392684609298432

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

BaronVonVaderham posted:

We did our second annual holiday card photo shoot the other night....

This is a very good Krampus card.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Kekeflipnote/status/1071530879988699136

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

omg it snatter

I just noticed the sheep on her scarf :swoon:.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Hugging Mina is pretty great for me, a grown fairly average sized person. Hugging Mina when she is twice as large as you must be like hugging a friendly polar bear. She really loves it too.
I'm 4'2" tall and I have never wanted to hug a dog more :kimchi:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Mu Zeta posted:

Saw a fluffy stray cat in the backyard and I left out some tofu and a bowl of water. It drank the water but didn't touch the tofu at all. I guess they aren't vegan and I guess I have to go buy some tuna at the store.

Leave a cat tofu and they will poo poo on your pillow the next chance they get.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

PainterofCrap posted:

:same:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/ayunoko/status/1071655733366669313

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1069569623396364288/vid/640x360/ZRnOWuSHEWv7iSav.mp4?tag=8

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tendai posted:

I'm 4'2" tall and I have never wanted to hug a dog more :kimchi:

Anyone of any height should want to hug this dog

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I highly recommend the TinyKittens channel on YouTube for all your kitten immersion needs. They're an animal shelter/rescue and have a ton of streaming videos of their kittens. All the fun without any of the ouch. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeL2LSl91k2VccR7XEh5IKg

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

I am kind, brave and deserve love.
https://weather.com/news/news/2018-12-08-northern-california-dog-waits-home-camp-fire

I can't remember what kind of dog Mina is, but this guy could be her brother.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

omg it snatter

I think I need one of these. I don't have livestock, but I have a huge backyard and a lot of experience dealing with high-energy doggos.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

littlebluellama posted:

https://weather.com/news/news/2018-12-08-northern-california-dog-waits-home-camp-fire

I can't remember what kind of dog Mina is, but this guy could be her brother.

Mina is a great pyrenees. The article says that dude is an anatolian but he definitely looks like a pyr or a pyr/toli mix which are super common as livestock guardian dogs. What a good dog protecting his home from those bad fires. Reminds me of Odin the pyr who kept all his goats and some confused deer safe last year.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I think I need one of these. I don't have livestock, but I have a huge backyard and a lot of experience dealing with high-energy doggos.

They really aren't especially high energy. Unless there is something going on or she's trying to get my other dog to wrassle Mina is crashed out under a hay feeder somewhere all day. They are protective, bark a lot, and really don't give a poo poo about your opinions though so make sure you're ok with that.

Instant Jellyfish has a new favorite as of 16:39 on Dec 9, 2018

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Mina just manages to have a face that is somehow at the same time both dignified and doofy

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

omg it snatter

OH MY, I did not realise this was Mina!

Is it my imagination or has she really filled out? Last pictures I saw of her she'd gotten really tall but was pretty lanky (in the usual way of fast-growing puppies) , now she looks much solider :3:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Mina is a great pyrenees. The article says that dude is an anatolian but he definitely looks like a pyr or a pyr/toli mix which are super common as livestock guardian dogs. What a good dog protecting his home from those bad fires. Reminds me of Odin the pyr who kept all his goats and some confused deer safe last year.

They really aren't especially high energy. Unless there is something going on or she's trying to get my other dog to wrassle Mina is crashed out under a hay feeder somewhere all day. They are protective, bark a lot, and really don't give a poo poo about your opinions though so make sure you're ok with that.

Protective is good. I have experience with dogs that bark a lot, too--had a Welsh Springer that probably had a louder bark than Mina's who could have been used as a security system.

As for dogs that don't care about what you think, my sister's German Shepherd is a lot like that. "Oh, you want me to come back in the house? Yeah, maybe if I feel like it. I dunno."

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Pookah posted:

OH MY, I did not realise this was Mina!

Is it my imagination or has she really filled out? Last pictures I saw of her she'd gotten really tall but was pretty lanky (in the usual way of fast-growing puppies) , now she looks much solider :3:

She's still extremely lanky, she's just wearing her winter coat now. When she shed in the summer she lost literally all of her undercoat and just ran around all naked and scrawny. Now she's still an awkward teen but she's super puffy. She could use to gain some more weight actually. Half her diet is frozen apples she digs up in the orchard right now.

cronch

cronch

A good baby polar bear.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

That fuckin face help me I'm dying :kimchi:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

She's still extremely lanky, she's just wearing her winter coat now. When she shed in the summer she lost literally all of her undercoat and just ran around all naked and scrawny. Now she's still an awkward teen but she's super puffy. She could use to gain some more weight actually. Half her diet is frozen apples she digs up in the orchard right now.

Bury some fatty meat pies in the orchard and tell her sternly that she's not to eat any of them, that'll soon chubby her up :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

PainterofCrap posted:

I bought some dry cat food and a bunch of tuna cans and have been feeding it twice a day. I can't approach the cat at all or it runs away but it's a nice feeling knowing it's full. It really is a fluffy and pretty cat.