Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Atomizer posted:

...except that it's already happened twice.

Yeah my bad! I was wrong. Ignoring the 200 year old incident, I thought Clinton served 2 terms?? Wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Atomizer posted:

...except that it's already happened twice.

pretty sure they meant a president hasn't ever left office because of it.

edit: this thread moves too drat fast lol

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Gordon posted:

Yeah my bad! I was wrong. Ignoring the 200 year old incident, I thought Clinton served 2 terms?? Wtf

He did. He was impeached, but not convicted. Impeachment is the name of the trial process by which charges are brought against an official. Both presidents who have been impeached were acquitted.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I was really young when the Lewinski case was in the news, guess I didnt understand the nuance between impeachment (the proceeding) and the president being forced out of the office

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Captain Gordon posted:

I was really young when the Lewinski case was in the news, guess I didnt understand the nuance between impeachment (the proceeding) and the president being forced out of the office

most people don’t even as adults

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Addamere posted:

Dude is making an entirely forgivable mistake in conflating impeachment, the process of being charged with high crimes and misdemeanors, and conviction.

Two presidents have been impeached, but zero presidents have been convicted during impeachment proceedings.

It's understandable, kind of, to make that mistake but there's certainly a difference and there's nothing wrong in educating people about it, especially since we're likely to experience both in the near future! :eng101:

Addamere posted:

He did. He was impeached, but not convicted. Impeachment is the name of the trial process by which charges are brought against an official. Both presidents who have been impeached were acquitted.

Captain Gordon posted:

No, impeachment is analogous to an indictment (accusation.) The trial happens after that, and possibly, before conviction (and subsequently removal from office.)

Also, Clinton's impeachment was more than just about Lewinsky (Whitewater, Paula Jones, etc.) but the fact that it involved perjury & obstruction is particularly foreboding today.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Cthulu Carl posted:

It's been like... 6 hours and I STILL cannot get over how badly he hosed up that flip.

It's worse than the I think Packers game that went to OT and the coin wobbled in the air but never flipped. Or some over coin flip I'm vaguely remembering where the coin just embedded edge-on in the turf. At least the flippers were TRYING to flip it then.

Watching him perform everyday actions is like watching some MIB alien simultaneously attempt to blend in, but also mock humans and our quaint ways of determining binary outcomes by sending metal disks rotating in the air, or drinking water from polymer bottles.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trump x Mary Tyler Moore crossover looking ... uh,

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

He's never flipped a coin before in his life. Imagine paying someone to do that for you to avoid any semblance of exercise.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Atomizer posted:

perjury & obstruction is particularly foreboding today.

Lol

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Well I mean it should, or at least it would in a normal dimension, but it looks like St. Mueller is finally pulling through. :shobon:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Have we determined who Individual-1 is yet?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Heath posted:

*tugs collar*

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Atomizer posted:

He's never flipped a coin before in his life. Imagine paying someone to do that for you to avoid any semblance of exercise.

"mr president, they invited you to flip the coin at kickoff before the game tonight"
"i've never done this before in my life, and you better be drat sure i won't practice it a few times beforehand because i'm the best at flipping coins"

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Heath posted:

*We* have, Trump has clearly not.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

America is so far up its own rear end about their government being the best and purest form of democracy that allowing someone who has served as president to go to prison would destroy this image and nobody in higher office would allow it to happen. Best case mattering scenario is that Donnie Jr. and maybe (hopefully) Kushner and Pence go to jail and donnie resigns with some kind of financial penalty.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1071604728272957441
I think I somehow missed this story at the time...

lol

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Professor Skittles posted:

where the hell is the Trump stuff thread in D and D ?

It's basically this thread now tbh

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

U.S. government is a clusterfuck. Impeachment is when the House of Representatives brings charges against the President, and if a majority of the House votes for impeachment, then it goes to the Senate who can either convict, which would remove the President from office, or acquit, which means the President is still impeached, but not convicted and removed from office. The Senate needs a 2/3rds majority (66 votes nowadays) to convict an impeached president, hence why it's never been done.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

*beer burp*

trump

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

lol you know Falwell gaysexed that pool attendent

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Call Your Grandma posted:

America is so far up its own rear end about their government being the best and purest form of democracy that allowing someone who has served as president to go to prison would destroy this image and nobody in higher office would allow it to happen.

That's kind of the beautiful side effect of Trump. Destroying the ever loving gently caress out of that illusion.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trem_two posted:

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1071604728272957441
I think I somehow missed this story at the time...

lol

lol

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

LabyaMynora posted:

U.S. government is a clusterfuck. Impeachment is when the House of Representatives brings charges against the President, and if a majority of the House votes for impeachment, then it goes to the Senate who can either convict, which would remove the President from office, or acquit, which means the President is still impeached, but not convicted and removed from office. The Senate needs a 2/3rds majority (66 votes nowadays) to convict an impeached president, hence why it's never been done.

Trump will almost certainly get impeached at the current rate, the Dems are just waiting for the Mueller stuff to more completely emerge and boy is it looking juicy. But lol at the second part, the conviction. Not happening.
But really that's not the point.
Kick the ball into Turtle and the GOP's court so that non-Chud America can watch as they do nothing at all in full heavy view of everyone.
Meanwhile Trumpy's children and confidantes can all file off into orange jumpsuits, Trump's companies can be pulled down and drained of assets, because he has like everything based in a super blue state that wants his blood read bad.
And bigly boy can sit out his remaining time in office knowing what awaits him at the other end.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/fordm/status/1071582984397078528
"and he would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling snot-nosed kids..."

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Addamere posted:

Trump x Mary Tyler Moore crossover looking ... uh,

he's gonna make it after all!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Grape posted:

Trump will almost certainly get impeached at the current rate, the Dems are just waiting for the Mueller stuff to more completely emerge and boy is it looking juicy. But lol at the second part, the conviction. Not happening.
But really that's not the point.
Kick the ball into Turtle and the GOP's court so that non-Chud America can watch as they do nothing at all in full heavy view of everyone.
Meanwhile Trumpy's children and confidantes can all file off into orange jumpsuits, Trump's companies can be pulled down and drained of assets, because he has like everything based in a super blue state that wants his blood read bad.
And bigly boy can sit out his remaining time in office knowing what awaits him at the other end.

Yeah, pretty much what I expect. We're going into 2020 with all kinds of crimes and conspiracies out in the open and the Senate GOP sitting around pretending nothing's there. Add in a likely recession and... wow, it's going to get nuts!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
lmao

Donald Trump Jr. reportedly hiding in Canada from media as Mueller indictment looms

https://thinkprogress.org/donald-tr...n-1da210d03a18/

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Otacon posted:

"mr president, they invited you to flip the coin at kickoff before the game tonight"
"i've never done this before in my life, and you better be drat sure i won't practice it a few times beforehand because i'm the best at flipping coins"

Wow, the moron who didn't want to practice taking a Stone Cold Stunner can't flip a coin.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

cursed by the gods. perfection in all things but if he practices/rehearses anything it all comes undone.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

TwoStepBoog posted:

*beer burp*

trump

*eat;s a bunch of thos beans*

truuuuummmpp

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Someone turn this into a Star Wars crawl stat, pls.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

TotalLossBrain posted:

Someone turn this into a Star Wars crawl stat, pls.

It works incredibly well.

https://starwarsintrocreator.kassellabs.io/#!/BLTGZIwqeaE1oeb1DWID

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

happier times

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

look at these loving people lmao

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The shittiest gang in “The Warriors”

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

hard lol :golfclap:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/ManInTheHoody/status/1071606582633410560?s=19

legendaryRev
May 1, 2008

Soiled Meat
So I’m an old here, and haven’t posted in very long time. Not to make this too “life affirmation story” or anything like that, but this thread has probably saved me from some self- harm poo poo. I definitely keep up with politics, and it’s been a rough 2 years for me, because of reading blogs and turning to the basic reaction of gnashing teeth and wrending of cloths because of the shitshow that America has become. And then I found this thread, and my quality of life has increased significantly. My only regret is that I’ve hmboled so hard, that I miss my balls. But I have the solace of being able to view them from space from time to time, much like the ISS, and sometimes I can see Mercury and say to myself, “there’s Mercury and my balls, what a rich pageant we live.” So thank you, goons, for giving me some perspective. And also allowing my balls to be satellites, because life is so short. And also the acknowledgment that our president is indeed retarded. We

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Reminder:

Bannon in 2016 posted:

They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.