Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Some mods I've been using that I'm not sure people know about :

Radioactive Lighting: Makes signs and billboards and things of that nature glow in the dark. This is one those mods that I never realized I would need until I saw it, which is what inspired me to post it here.

Player Comments and Head Tracking: Makes the player comment on things in the world. The default settings result in them talking way too much so I dialed everything down to 5% of the normal and its great. The best feature is that every now and then I remind Dogmeat that he is a good boy. A very good immersion mod.

Beast Master: I haven't gotten to the point in my game where I can use this yet but it sounds awesome as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Had to go to the Steam forum for FO4 to find the patch notes. It doesn't even add new CC content?

quote:

Fallout 4: 1.10.40 Update
A new update is now available for Fallout 4 (v.1.10.40).

If you run into any issues or have any feedback, please let us know here or on our official support forums: https://bethesda.net/community/category/48/pc

For a full list of fixes and changes, please see the list below.

Bug Fixes
Fixed issues with screenshots displaying incorrectly in Creation Club/Mods
Message of the Day heading revised
Changed logic for how Creation Club content is initialized
Minor bug fixes to Bethesda.net

I also tried clicking the link to the official support forums to see how much feedback is just people bitching about the pointless CC update but instead the link throws a "Error 504 The request could not be satisfied". :v:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I haven't updated in months and I can still see the CC messages change when something new is added to it, like the message about Fallout76's release. The patches haven't been purely about the CC since the CC first launched, people just want to whine about the script extender needing to be updated.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 6, 2018

BobDoleTrasher
Nov 14, 2013

Generally hates cLutch

Schubalts posted:

I haven't updated in months and I can still see the CC messages change when something new is added to it, like the message about Fallout76's release. The patches haven't been purely about the CC since the CC first launched, people just want to whine about the script extender needing to be updated.

Since I live in ye ole' EU, Todd's mod shilling's banned here, so if I don't block everything fallout4/skyrim SE in advanced firewall settings, I don't even get to play the game. On the plus side, I never get to see the drat CC :v:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Radioactive Lighting: Makes signs and billboards and things of that nature glow in the dark. This is one those mods that I never realized I would need until I saw it, which is what inspired me to post it here.

Player Comments and Head Tracking: Makes the player comment on things in the world. The default settings result in them talking way too much so I dialed everything down to 5% of the normal and its great. The best feature is that every now and then I remind Dogmeat that he is a good boy. A very good immersion mod.

Beast Master: I haven't gotten to the point in my game where I can use this yet but it sounds awesome as gently caress.

That looks quite nice.

I fixed whatever it was that was making Fallout not run in MO2, and then I cleared out all my installed mods in NMM so I can reinstall things through MO2 in the future. While it isn't as convenient about some things as I might like, I am coming around on how much cleaner it is.

But now that I'm starting fresh, I want to know what you guys currently think are your essential mods these days. And particularly I'm curious if Horizon 1.6 is worth updating to or if I should wait a bit longer and stick with 1.5.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

marshmallow creep posted:

That looks quite nice.

I fixed whatever it was that was making Fallout not run in MO2, and then I cleared out all my installed mods in NMM so I can reinstall things through MO2 in the future. While it isn't as convenient about some things as I might like, I am coming around on how much cleaner it is.

But now that I'm starting fresh, I want to know what you guys currently think are your essential mods these days. And particularly I'm curious if Horizon 1.6 is worth updating to or if I should wait a bit longer and stick with 1.5.

It's definitely worth updating, the dynamic encounters really liven things up.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Horizon 1.7 is supposed to be out "soon" based on some Nexus posts and probably needs a new game as well. Of course, he thought it'd be a few days away two weeks ago.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
gently caress. I just started up 1.6! It only came out last month!

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

1.7 will not require a new game, it's just a 1.6.5 update that got a little out of hand, not six months of collected changes + a massive, game-wide balance overhaul like 1.6

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So, anyone have any radio station mods they'd like to recommend? Music ones, that is. I have Old World Radio: Boston, and I love it but honestly I do wish it had a few more channels with different music styles and fewer ones with radio plays and stuff. I do like the latter too on occasion, but I think the ratio is a bit off.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Are there any mods that fix hair for hats/hoods? Getting kind of tired of certain hairstyles just resulting in a bald head when I put on hats.

BobDoleTrasher
Nov 14, 2013

Generally hates cLutch
Ok boys, what's stopping me from making this?

Why the grey text? I have zero mod conflicts btw.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

BobDoleTrasher posted:

Ok boys, what's stopping me from making this?

Why the grey text? I have zero mod conflicts btw.

See the little bar between the list of mods and the list of ingredients? That means you can scroll the list of ingredients,
just put your mouse over it and use the wheel. There's some ingredient at the bottom that you're missing.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

PureRok posted:

I wonder if that was there at the time I asked. I remember reading all of the FAQs and stuff before hand.

Edit: Ah well, what's done is done. I messaged Arthmoor like the website says to. I got no response and am still blocked, and now I'm blocked from messaging them as well. I'll just take this as a life lesson to just never say anything on the Nexus again.

I assume you tried to be careful and look around and ask politely, so this isn't meant for you. But having made mods, I can understand the attitude in a way. I got loving sick of releasing something and the first ten replies were "DOES THIS WORK WITH <POPULAR OVERHAUL MOD>" every time for every minor update when I wrote out specifically in the first sentence of the mod description right beneath the download button that it does (that or there's a pinned sticky in the thread they posted in or something). It then creates absolute poison in the discussion so nobody wants to report bugs, discussion, critiques, or even yeah, say nice things.

While I can appreciate just wanting to shut that element out of talking until they can learn to read, banning them from downloading is so weird and petty, but I bet that Arthmoor loves it. But this is all more suited to the Awful Mods Thread.

More on-topic, I've started to download weapon mods and it's really impressive what people are able to do. The last time I did weapon skinning/animation was for CS: Source, but it still impresses me how much better some custom animations can be compared to the default product. The Service Rifle mod is especially quality.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 8, 2018

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Plan Z posted:

More on-topic, I've started to download weapon mods and it's really impressive what people are able to do. The last time I did weapon skinning/animation was for CS: Source, but it still impresses me how much better some custom animations can be compared to the default product. The Service Rifle mod is especially quality.

Yeah, the Service Rifle is what immediately popped into my mind when I read the first sentence. There are some oddities to it, like parts that require higher perk levels to craft for no apparent benefit, but the overall audiovisual quality of the gun is just fantastic. I currently have two of them with me, an automatic one for all-round fighting and a scoped semi-auto chambered for 7.62 as a sort of DMR. Both are good and fun.

I'm also a big fan of asXas's SVT-40 and M1 Garand rifles. They're not hugely moddable - which makes sense because they're WW2 era guns - but both look beautiful and are just a joy to shoot with as they sound fantastic. Also I find the silly cosmetic tape gimmick endearingly amusing.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Really, I've not run into a bad one. Usually, there are amateurish textures and stuff for gun replacements, but 90% of them look good while also fitting the visuals of the game. I also appreciate when guns go "clack" instead of "click" and a lot of the replacements know that.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I also like this one, if only because you can have a loving shoe as the stock

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32713

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The only real frustration I think I have right now is that it seems like all clothing/armor mod makers take all of their screenshots at low settings with AA off so I can't tell if the mod looks poo or not.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Plan Z posted:

The only real frustration I think I have right now is that it seems like all clothing/armor mod makers take all of their screenshots at low settings with AA off so I can't tell if the mod looks poo or not.

Too many of them abuse ENB in ways that wash out the actual texture details inexplicably. I don't know WHY people still use ENB on PBR based games when most of what you'd be doing can only lessen the overall look.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I know that big mods like the unofficial patch requiring all the DLC is nothing new and was a thing in the prior games as well, but it kinda annoys me this time around. I don't really want to buy a bunch of DLC for a game I don't like very much, just to be able to make that game better with mods.

Maybe I should just go play Skyrim or New Vegas again.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So the Sim Settlements guy is restructuring the way you pick plots types and flags and such, and decided to start with a pilot program where you can pick plot foundations. So you can set down a basic plot anywhere, and then spawn a foundation in underneath it.

It's not a super-big change but it's a pretty nice time savings in most circumstances.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Is there a way to use F4SE and the Load Accelerator mod at the same time? Seems since they both use .dll files that I can't use both

BobDoleTrasher
Nov 14, 2013

Generally hates cLutch
Oh boy. I just discovered the magic of letting the conveyor storage pick up used lunchboxes. :getin:

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

SeanBeansShako posted:

The Train an impressively ambitious quest mod that adds both fighting on a moving train on a quest and apparently a moving train player house too.

I tried this one out and it reminds me a lot of Half-Life.

It's not bad, or at least it shouldn't be bad. It's only about two hours long and it's basically all combat. The real problem is that it's suuuuuuper glitchy. Because you're on a moving train the movement and collision are all wonky. You can fall through the train at random times and die instantly. Enemies float in thin air. Vertibirds get stuck in the terrain. On top of that the very very limited story doesn't work at all. Enemies who are supposed to be hostile are instead friendly, NPCs spawn dead so you can't talk to them, the companion you recruit doesn't have working audio so you seemingly stare at each other until dialogue ends... I didn't try the settlement aspect of it.

In hindsight I'm not sure why I enjoyed it. It's an original idea at least.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Is there a way to use F4SE and the Load Accelerator mod at the same time? Seems since they both use .dll files that I can't use both

They aren't using the same files so I don't see why there would be an issue.

If there really are issues, get rid of LA and simply use ENB with

[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=false

Enable its FPS limiter and just use the FPS Limit key during load screens. Pretty much the same thing.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Been awhile, are there any SPERG-style leveling TC mod that’s working?

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
I knew what some of those words meant

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Been awhile, are there any SPERG-style leveling TC mod that’s working?

The one level-focused overhaul thing I know of is Be Exceptional, which reintroduces the old skill system and alters perks a bit. For more comprehensive changes including leveling/perk stuff, you've got War Never Changes or Immersive Gameplay. Or if you're feeling particularly adventurous and want to play a truly total conversion, maybe give FROST a spin.

But my personal recommendation for all your overhaul needs is always going to be Horizon. It's more Requiem than SPERG in scope tho, so there's a lot to chew on.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Sensenmann posted:

They aren't using the same files so I don't see why there would be an issue.

If there really are issues, get rid of LA and simply use ENB with

[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=false

Enable its FPS limiter and just use the FPS Limit key during load screens. Pretty much the same thing.

I suppose I was just guessing that F4SE would be what was causing the problem. I'll try this though, thanks

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I meant a mod that solely rearranged / changed the perk progression so that it’s not as dull. SPERG was the equivalent mod for Skyrim

BobDoleTrasher
Nov 14, 2013

Generally hates cLutch
Any of you goons know of a mod that can make a vacuum hopper pull from conveyor storage?
Asking for a friend.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BobDoleTrasher posted:

Any of you goons know of a mod that can make a vacuum hopper pull from conveyor storage?
Asking for a friend.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15429/

Do you have this one?

BobDoleTrasher
Nov 14, 2013

Generally hates cLutch

It has a bunch of useful stuff, but still no way to pull from the conveyor storage machine.
If it had something to shove stuff into the workshop automatically, then i'd be able to just pull specific things out with this.

conveyor storage resets all lunch boxes that end up in it, even if they've been opened, so you can generate infinite items. i'm just tired of manually moving them back and forward.

E: Elevators do that too. WE SET BABY :getin:

BobDoleTrasher fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 10, 2018

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Yo, festive greetings and stuff. Turns out 76 isn't very good eh? never mind if you got it these nice mods will salve the burn away.

OLD SCHOOL LASER WEAPON ALERT

Glock 86 Plasma Pistol from F1/2 returns, comes with a bunch of mods that can turn it into a neat carbine or comedy toy. Very slick one here.
Winchester P94 Plasma Caster yeah this is the 4th? 5th one? but this one seems quite solid too.
Classic West Coast Cattle Rod another blast from the past with the old school electric prod stick here.

Buckshot and close range more your style? somebody has redone some of the better shotguns from the early mod days with the original modders permissions!

Stevens M-520 Shotgun
Covadonga's Remington 870 Shotgun

Seems that WW2 is coming by for a quick visit at the moment, have a WW2 themed weapon!

The French MAS-38 SMG

How about some melee stabby things still?

A Langes Messer old school hunting knife!
Real Throwing Weapons has reworked and made an interesting permanent throwing weapon system with the grenade tossing feature and leftover code from the first DLC.

Oh and technically a WIP but somebody is working on a old school replacement based on the classic F1/2/3/NV WW2 style Flamethrower. If any of you modders can, help this guy out because I miss that thing.

M2A1-9 Flamethrower

Clothing and armor stuff!

Followers of the Apocalypse Lab coat
Female Outfit Pack by Femshepping
Pitt Visitors Power Armor set themed after a certain F3 style of armor.
HALO ODST style battle armor

Power Armor Collection System

The Power Armor Collection System allows you to "collect" and store up to 20 Power Armors in your inventory, just like in Fallout 76. With this mod an option will be added to all Power Armors in game which will then add a "Power Armor Chassis" to your inventory. Equipping this item will then spawn your Power Armor at your feet

Game improvements and new feature stuff now!

Wasteland Illumination Electricity is still out there, why not light up the wasteland a little bit? Street Lamp Illuminations Galore! Adds 1380 lights to approximately 763 light sources throughout the Boston Commonwealth.

Longer Days This mod makes day time last longer. Far Harbor required.
Slower Leveling Double xp required for each level, effectively cutting leveling speed in half.
Dental Special This Mod Adds the ability to use Tooth Brush and Toothpaste at the Chemistry Station for a bonus!
RSE Elements Vol.1 - Combat Surrender and Abductions Combat system overhaul where the player can surrender to raiders, gunners and SMs (ala Death Alternative), either automatically or manually triggered. Various punitive outcomes are possible, including player or companion abductions whereby you must either escape or rescue your companion. At this time, only Commonwealth locations are supported.

Better Stealth Boy This mod makes the basic Stealth Boy more immersive, making it last longer, increase your radiation level, and allowing you to recharge it or make a new one. Now with rechargeable Railroad Stealth Boy and new rechargeable Institute Stealth Boy.

Project Reality Footsteps FO4 This mod changes almost all footstep sounds into more realistic ones.
Realistic Recoil Tweaks This mod change almost all ranged weapon recoil in the game to give player a better shooting experience.
Portable Duffle Bag Gives you a Portable Duffle Bag to store items when on the road. Best used together with "Campsite" by fadingsignal.
ScooterAndKettenkrad The mod adds rideable Scooter and Kettenkrad and Goliath to the game.
Better Rubble Changes rubble textures that are all over the Commonwealth to have a more solid and consistent feel.

And finally the long awaited classic we've all been missing from our lives:

Macho Mutants Turns Super Mutants into Macho Man Randy Savage. Replaces Super Mutant audio

Sadly less interesting mods are being uploaded at the moment with F4, chances are I might post one more in the new year. My aim was to retire when a good old school gauss rifle fan mod showed but don't think it will.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Would there be any sort of TOS or legal violation for porting FO76 crap into FO4, like weapons and enemies and whatnot? I'm just assuming they're using all the same coding and tables and whatnot so it would be fairly easy.

Or like, a mod to make the FO76 map ready for FO4?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

What's the go-to HD texture poo poo these days? Anything good for armors? Muddy gloves on the pipboy screen are a drag

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Magmarashi posted:

What's the go-to HD texture poo poo these days? Anything good for armors? Muddy gloves on the pipboy screen are a drag

the one I'm using is the method under "Step 1: Texture Optimizations", from the Fallout 4 Mod List and Load Order Guide (BiRaitBec Modlist)

Essentially it's a collection of texture mods that together overhaul most if not all of the textures in the game. The real trick to it though, is that they straight up replace the base game's .ba2 files, so instead of the game having to load those initial files in addition to your swollen bounty of new textures, you now get new textures without a performance loss. The guide creator actually claims that these new-and-properly-optimized textures actually nets you a 30% performance increase compared to those of the base game.

And considering Bethesda's somewhat... marked reputation when it comes to texture optimization, I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually the case.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
If you grabbed f4se 0.6.14 with the recent Creation Club update, be aware there was a bug in it that crashed when loading "light" .esl mods. 0.6.15 fixes it.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Install Beastmaster then install Deathclaw Armory and watch as wave after wave of raiders get annihilated by your arena champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I'm thinking about maybe reinstalling Fallout 4 with mods, but I wanted to ask about the DLC, since I've read that some mods require the DLC packs. Would I be okay just buying the season pass? I remember reading something about there being an issue with the pass.

Additionally, has anyone used the Seasons mod? I like the notion of playing Fallout 4 with a layer of snow over everything, but I was wondering if it causes issues with performance or it conflicts with item/geometry/etc.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 21, 2018