Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Powershift posted:

Rex Tillerson could have just carried on being a big money oil billionaire and doing whatever the gently caress he wanted to do

but now he's the dumb, lazy guy who got fired on the toilet over twitter

He gets to continue being a big money millionaire, and a year of public abuse by Trump let him sell all of his built up Exxon stock grants tax free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah, tillerson made out like a bandit. he never intended to stick around

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I thought Trump liked when people are leaking

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071760971088228352

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071764777679114240

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Dec 9, 2018

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kumo posted:

https://twitter.com/Quodverum_/status/1071634835616215040

I get followed by what I think is a bot on Twitter.

Normally it's right-wing trash; but this stopped me cold at 'Donald Trump - strategic genius' & I felt to need to read & share.

wow! that Donald j trump guy sounds like a freakin genius!!! who is he anyway?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1071763175895371776

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Remember when the Russians were making fake pisstapes and distributing them through backchannels to western spy agencies to muddy the waters and provide some plausible deniability in case the real pisstape got leaked?
I was just in the shower and that fragment from 5 million years ago popped into my mind and i lolled.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Why are maga people so mad at everything ALL the time?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

legendaryRev posted:

So I’m an old here, and haven’t posted in very long time. Not to make this too “life affirmation story” or anything like that, but this thread has probably saved me from some self- harm poo poo. I definitely keep up with politics, and it’s been a rough 2 years for me, because of reading blogs and turning to the basic reaction of gnashing teeth and wrending of cloths because of the shitshow that America has become. And then I found this thread, and my quality of life has increased significantly. My only regret is that I’ve hmboled so hard, that I miss my balls. But I have the solace of being able to view them from space from time to time, much like the ISS, and sometimes I can see Mercury and say to myself, “there’s Mercury and my balls, what a rich pageant we live.” So thank you, goons, for giving me some perspective. And also allowing my balls to be satellites, because life is so short. And also the acknowledgment that our president is indeed retarded. We

Glad to have you loling with us, pal! :glomp:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I just realized how similar Melania's signature is to Donny's.

Did he not let her sign the Holocaust Museum guestbook, or are they running the same programming?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lol

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

LOL I just looked this up, because I'm like, "how do you guys keep up with all this stuff?" Turns out Ivanka laundering money for the Saudis was a story last December, and I never even heard about it.

lol

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
IT is A gReAT HOnOR TO Be HeRe WiTH ALL OF My FRieNDS - So AMAZiNg & WILL Never FORgeT!
-President Brain Genius

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Catastrophe posted:

Not sure if it's a real MAGA, full vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJkxlgl-Ix0

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Real MAGA is in your heart, not on your cap.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Someone turn this into a Star Wars crawl stat, pls.

https://starwarsintrocreator.kassellabs.io/#!/BLTI_pfrNrg0kUfREZFS

e: oh someone else already did it

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 9, 2018

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

communism bitch posted:

IT is A gReAT HOnOR TO Be HeRe WiTH ALL OF My FRieNDS - So AMAZiNg & WILL Never FORgeT!
-President Brain Genius

Thank you for this, I was afraid I was the only person that the mixed caps/lowercase bugged. How does anyone write like this in an official capacity? Even my hastily scribbled work notes aren't stupidly mixed.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Catastrophe posted:

Boomers ate a lot of lead paint chips

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
https://twitter.com/JustaGuy1225/status/1071635777476390913

*trump on stage with xi jinping*

*Xi, through translator* "it is said that you know the great works of Sun Tzu by heart and his teachings helped guide you in business. I take this as a sign that our great nations can once again co-operate to our mutual benefit."

*Trump, without translator*

"Yes, yes I do. And he's great. Believe me. He knew a lot, not as much as me, but a lot. As he would often say...

*moves hands to temples and pulls wrinkly skin folds upwards*

"Ching, cho-"

*aides rush onto stage to bustle him off stage before crowd of deadly silent Chinese reporters*

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

FuturePastNow posted:

Boomers ate a lot of lead paint chips

Not just that, they breathed in a poo poo ton of lead in the air from leaded gasoline. Neil DeGrasse Tyson's (RIP) Cosmos had almost a whole episode on it. Unleaded gasoline started in 1974, and leaded gasoline wasn't eliminated until 1996.

But we just let the Boomers run everything as though they're not retarded.

Oh also, new article in the news says we all have plastic in our poop, so who knows what humanity's done to itself now.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You'll never take the plastic out of my poop. NEVER.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I was born in '65. Since then, I:

-Crawled around on the floor after the exterminator came through and remember the smell of the DDT

-Ate paint chips (yellow was my favorite because it reminded me of sunshine)

-Was the designated refueler for the car on long road trips, long before they had those newfangled vapor reclaimer doohickies on them. Ah, the sweet smell of leaded gas!

-I remember chewing on solder (contains lead) and fishing sinkers (it was a weird sweet taste that makes my stomach churn to this day thinking about it)

I'm 53, and aside from depression, anxiety, PTSD, and a variety of chronic pain i'm JUST FINE.

We'll do ok, humanity is a tenacious beast. But we honestly DO need to stop using our planet as a giant toilet.

Also, we need to get rid of the gigantic orange tumor in the White House so we can do damage assessment asap and figure out just how hosed we ALL are.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

LabyaMynora posted:

Oh also, new article in the news says we all have plastic in our poop, so who knows what humanity's done to itself now.
*stops chewing on a Lego and looks up*
We have what in our what?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Splatmaster posted:

But we honestly DO need to stop using our planet as a giant toilet.

Humanity is the solid waste though.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Jeza posted:

https://twitter.com/JustaGuy1225/status/1071635777476390913

*trump on stage with xi jinping*

*Xi, through translator* "it is said that you know the great works of Sun Tzu by heart and his teachings helped guide you in business. I take this as a sign that our great nations can once again co-operate to our mutual benefit."

*Trump, without translator*

"Yes, yes I do. And he's great. Believe me. He knew a lot, not as much as me, but a lot. As he would often say...

*moves hands to temples and pulls wrinkly skin folds upwards*

"Ching, cho-"

*aides rush onto stage to bustle him off stage before crowd of deadly silent Chinese reporters*

Lol the art of war is the most retardedly basic marriage of opposites motivational poster nonsense. It contains almost no insightful anything other than very obvious concepts of engagement and defense that have little to no meaning in politics. You can't just execute all your generals if they fail to get you a diet coke you moron.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

must suck giving up your aspirations of getting out from under your dads shadow cause you're a gotdamn failson braindead idiot and then seeing that same guy getting dunked on from every single possible direction. shows you love to watch, artists you listen to, movies you enjoy... all the people involved just keep dunking on your retarded dad and by extension you. and finally, to top it off, you're about to get indicted and disowned and probably forced to get a name change via executive powers. . . . . *low whistle of surprise* quite a life!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lpzie posted:

must suck giving up your aspirations of getting out from under your dads shadow cause you're a gotdamn failson braindead idiot and then seeing that same guy getting dunked on from every single possible direction. shows you love to watch, artists you listen to, movies you enjoy... all the people involved just keep dunking on your retarded dad and by extension you. and finally, to top it off, you're about to get indicted and disowned and probably forced to get a name change via executive powers. . . . . *low whistle of surprise* quite a life!

And before all THAT, imagine that when you're introduced to your future ex-wife the first thing she says is "Oh, you're the one with the retarded dad."

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LifeSunDeath posted:

Lol the art of war is the most retardedly basic marriage of opposites motivational poster nonsense. It contains almost no insightful anything other than very obvious concepts of engagement and defense that have little to no meaning in politics. You can't just execute all your generals if they fail to get you a diet coke you moron.

Well they're not obvious to a new/fresh officer in training necessarily but yeah outside of specific war stuff it's pretty dumb and I hate that it is some motivational poster basically. It's also super short and non-specific.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Lol that people think global warming is going to destroy the planet rather than just kill off billions of people and make things a little easier for the private security forces of the heirs of Walmart and Amway.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
France know how to protest

https://www.facebook.com/LaBasSiJySuis/videos/2157739151142368/

Note to band people, start bringing your poo poo to protests

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 9, 2018

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Why would junior go to Canada? Wouldn't the Canadian government be more than happy to dig him out of whatever slime hole he wiggled into and extradite his rear end?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Fabulousity posted:

Why would junior go to Canada? Wouldn't the Canadian government be more than happy to dig him out of whatever slime hole he wiggled into and extradite his rear end?

He's trying to blend in with the crowd with his lumberjack shirts. They'll never find him.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/HuffPostPol/status/1071811604218634241

They hacked our CSS!

seems very !important

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Sure they will. He'll be the one person never saying, "Sorry!".

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

xcheopis posted:

Sure they will. He'll be the one person never saying, "Sorry!".

Find this guy then check under the flannel for a pink polo, suspendies, and a bra. Easy!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I'll find him for 3, but I'll catch and kill him for 10

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Of the total estimated 800,000 unique comments sent, 99.7 percent supported net neutrality and opposed a controversial push by the Trump administration’s commission head Ajit Pai to terminate net neutrality. Pai recently admitted that Russia meddled in the system and acknowledged that 500,000 of the suspect comments were linked to Russian emails.

hahaha of the people by the people for the people hahahahahahaha

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Moridin920 posted:

of the people by the people for the people

Corporations are people, my friend!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Catastrophe posted:

right wingers are a grievance movement, they always have been but it's so exaggerated now that you get poo poo like people calling the police on black people for the villainous crime of barbecuing food in their own yards :shrug:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

The last few days have been nice - instead of being in the Truno thread I’ve been playing smash bros

well, here I am again, let’s see what’s-

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1071833984039116801

a good gun with a guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007
I am not very good at the internet

The Glumslinger posted:

France know how to protest

https://www.facebook.com/LaBasSiJySuis/videos/2157739151142368/

Note to band people, start bringing your poo poo to protests

wow, this owns x 10,000... brought tears to my eyes.

Edit: just watched this again and noticed that they are in the place de la bastille which is where my wife and I went to see Balanchine's "Jewels," which makes me feel sad and bougie.

GirlBones fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 9, 2018