Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Wilks still really feels like a one-and-done coach to me. The Cards aren't that great but there's enough talent on the roster to where you'd think they'd at least be playing .500 or just below ball. Instead they're one of the worst teams in the league and look so flat doing it. I know they beat the Packers but that team against the Chargers was rancid outside of their pass rush upfront. Rivers is a future HOFer but they only forced him into one incompletion the whole game.

I don't see the Lions admitting their mistake and firing Patricia. |

Koetter is gone and some other team is gonna be getting a killer OC next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I can't blame him. He's a total dofus and being in college allowed him to be one.

Also, Philbin:
https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1071835127469219840

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I know the entire team is hurt and Mark Sanchez is getting meaningful snaps, but does 34-0 in the first half bump Jay Gruden to moderate/hot?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MD2020 posted:

I know the entire team is hurt and Mark Sanchez is getting meaningful snaps, but does 34-0 in the first half bump Jay Gruden to moderate/hot?

This would require the organization to admit they were wrong so good luck with that

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Pats DC thrown down a mineshaft, C/D?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

sean10mm posted:

Pats DC thrown down a mineshaft, C/D?

I mean, you're not wrong; I just think the Patriots' defense really isn't particularly talented this year. They should've kept Chandler Jones in retrospect.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Flores will be on multiple HC interview lists just because Belichick Disciple.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1072183940558012416

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

They're going to try and poach Brian Heimerdinger again. Jets should preemptively fire Macc and promote The Dinger.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Who did he ever draft anyway

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

They're going to try and poach Brian Heimerdinger again. Jets should preemptively fire Macc and promote The Dinger.

*Manish Mehta sits down at his desk, cracks his knuckles, and prepares to write a piece about why this would be a very bad idea*

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Come back to Green Bay for a couple years, Reggie.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

Nobody good or they'd still be on the team, right?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I’ve defended Ron Rivera a lot but 6-2 to 6-7 means someone is falling on the sword, and I don’t know if we can fire Gettleman a second time soooo...

What are the odds that we at least get to keep Norv as OC or head coach?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

--Jon Gruden later this week, without a shred of irony, probably

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Slowpoke! posted:

I’ve defended Ron Rivera a lot but 6-2 to 6-7 means someone is falling on the sword, and I don’t know if we can fire Gettleman a second time soooo...

Are you ready for the Norv Turner head coach experience

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Diva Cupcake posted:

For the love of hell pick up Grigson.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Slowpoke! posted:

What were the odds of the Titans keeping Dick LeBeau when they fired Mularky? You have your answer.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I didn't hate him as much as other Chargers fans did, but trust me: you don't want the Norv HC experience. And honestly, he's even said he doesn't want to be a HC again, so.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Nobody good or they'd still be on the team, right?

Quoting because this deserves some love

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1072535288679931909

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

dangit i wanted them to wait until after our game

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Slowpoke! posted:

I don't think it's all that crazy if you end up signing a head coach of a defensive background. He's spent like a million years in the NFL as the guy defensive head coaches can rely on to just focus primarily on game management and the defense.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

From hot potential HC candidate to unemployed. Goddamn.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

From hot potential HC candidate to unemployed. Goddamn.

Teryl Austin and Jim Bob Cooter were both hot HC hire candidates...

Neither look to be anymore!

That's just how the NFL is.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hizawk posted:

Teryl Austin and Jim Bob Cooter were both hot HC hire candidates...

Turns out Jim Bob should have gone to Tennessee when he had the chance.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Why? He's been here for this entire awful regime...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Quick Saturday update. With only three games left, the carousel will be picking up in earnest as coaches and their agents start putting out feelers for available (or soon-to-be-available) jobs.

COOL

Bill Belichick, New England Patriots
Adam Gase, Miami Dolphins
Sean McDermott, Buffalo Bills
Bill O'Brien, Houston Texans
Andy Reid, Kansas City Chiefs
Anthony Lynn, Los Angeles Chargers
Jason Garrett, Dallas Cowboys
Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles
Jay Gruden, Washington
Mike Zimmer, Minnesota Vikings
Sean Payton, New Orleans Saints
Dan Quinn, Atlanta Falcons
Sean McVay, Los Angeles Rams
Pete Carroll, Seattle Seahawks
Kyle Shanahan, San Francisco 49ers

Zimmer is officially on notice after shitcanning OC John DeFilippo. He's not going anywhere yet, but 2019 is shaping up as a make-or-break year for him with the Vikings underachieving. Pederson and Quinn will reshuffle their assistants and try again next year. Gruden The Younger should be way spicier, but by all accounts he's an integral player in Washington's toxic garbage culture, so uh, welp.

FIRST-YEAR COACHES

Frank Reich, Indianapolis Colts
Mike Vrabel, Tennessee Titans
Jon Gruden, Oakland Raiders
Pat Shurmur, New York Giants
Matt Patricia, Detroit Lions
Matt Nagy, Chicago Bears
Steve Wilks, Arizona Cardinals

Nothing new to report here.

MILD

Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh Steelers -- We need to talk about the Steelers, because they can't buy a win and are suddenly in a very precarious spot. After last week's stunning loss to the Raiders, they're only a half-game ahead of the Ravens in the AFC North and get the Patriots and Saints next on the schedule. Two weeks ago they were gunning for a first-round bye, and now there's a decent chance they miss the playoffs entirely. If that happens, then heads gotta roll, right? That tie might end up being a blessing in disguise, because 9-6-1 will get them in over any of the 9-7 Wild Card contenders. But does anyone trust this team to win two out of three right now? I don't know what any of this means for Tomlin's job security, but the Steelers will be one of the more fascinating teams to follow over these last three weeks.

John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens -- The Ravens missed a golden chance to knock off the Chiefs, but they're still in a good spot, especially if Pittsburgh keeps stumbling. Harbaugh has officially hitched his wagon to Lamar Jackson, which is a good thing because I never want to watch Flacco again. But he's still on notice if the Ravens miss the playoffs and an incoming front office decides to start fresh.

Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati Bengals -- They almost beat the Chargers. Whoopdie loving do, hang that banner Marvin.

Doug Marrone, Jacksonville Jaguars -- The big question facing this team is whether the front office sweeps out Marrone and his staff, or delude themselves into thinking they're "just a QB away" from returning to the playoffs and run it back again. Or perhaps the front office gets swept out altogether? This is all way more interesting than watching the Jags play football.

Ron Rivera, Carolina Panthers -- Another week, another uninspired performance. That's now five losses in a row as the Panthers continue fading from the playoff race. That 6-2 start is now a distant memory. Rivera's first impression with new ownership is going ... poorly.

MODERATE

Vance Joseph, Denver Broncos -- Last week it looked like Joseph's seat was cooling off with the Broncos clawing back into the playoff picture, then they went out there and lost to the goddamn 49ers. Whoops!

Dirk Koetter, Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- I'll put him back in Spicy Hot once the Bucs are eliminated and/or Jameis turns in another dud.

SPICY HOT

Todd Bowles, New York Jets -- He gone.

Hue Jackson, Cleveland Browns (interim coach: Gregg Williams)
Mike McCarthy, Green Bay Packers (interim coach: Joe Philbin)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Anthony Lynn coach of the year who says no

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I sure am excited for Bob to have a tenure the length of Marvin Lewis

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

a neat cape posted:

Anthony Lynn coach of the year who says no

i really think lynn has the strongest argument. who saw the chargers, even in midseason, as seriously potential candidates for the afc 1 seed??

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I had them winning their division at the start of the year, but I'd have figured them more for a 3 seed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ammanas posted:

i really think lynn has the strongest argument. who saw the chargers, even in midseason, as seriously potential candidates for the afc 1 seed??

I guess Matt Nagy or Pete Carroll are right there too

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Nah it's Lynn

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It would be pretty funny if Harbaugh gets fired before Mike Tomlin who is a bad coach and doesn't seem to have any level of underachievement that would get himself on the hot seat....

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I was too kind to Vance Joseph again

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Benne posted:

I was too kind to Vance Joseph again

Look at their roster.. That is a REALLY bad team. The fact that they have won 6 games is pretty impressive.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I think Tomlin is safe but DC Keith Butler is so gone that you're not actually seeing him there now, it's just his ghost that remains from being fired so forcefully in a few weeks that it echos through time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

skaboomizzy posted:

I think Tomlin is safe but DC Keith Butler is so gone that you're not actually seeing him there now, it's just his ghost that remains from being fired so forcefully in a few weeks that it echos through time.

Yeah i'm sure that THIS TIME it's the DC's fault and not Tomlin that his D can never stop anyone in a big game ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

mcmagic posted:

Yeah i'm sure that THIS TIME it's the DC's fault and not Tomlin that his D can never stop anyone in a big game ever.

Raiders.

Big Game.

:thunk: