Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Marvel Rising - Ms. Marvel/Squirrel Girl #1: Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, America Chavez, and Inferno (the fourth guy, he's a knockoff Human Torch) get sucked into a video game. Ms. Marvel plays MMOs regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Phylodox posted:

You either kill a Hitler or live long enough to see yourself become the Hitler.

I'm pretty sure you got that backwards, chief.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

C.S.ed? Crowd somethinged? Curbstomped?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I'm assuming cheap-shotted, if only because of that being one of the rogue's most annoying abilities in WoW.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Man I reaaaaally dislike that art.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Ha, Squirrel Girl quoted Mitch Hedberg

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
Okay, I understood most of that through osmosis but what does L.O.M. mean?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

low on mana

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
That was a true gold standard of the "My Guild ran into another guild outside Molten Core. We all died and I got ejected from the game world because Blizzard." boilerplate story everyone who played Vanilla WoW probably has.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

poly and open-minded posted:

Ha, Squirrel Girl quoted Mitch Hedberg

Which line? Maybe I'm not as up on my Mitch as normal.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Which line? Maybe I'm not as up on my Mitch as normal.

"Severely improved our predicament"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Plastik posted:

"Severely improved our predicament"

Heh.

I miss Mitch. :smith:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
man that entire griefing exchange was pretty funny but I can’t help but think it was supposed to endear kamala to me

it did not do that

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
If you understood it, then you saw something of Kamala in yourself, and transferred some of your self-loathing.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I'm partial to Ms. Marvel, and her gamespeak made me like her even more. :allears:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I've been working through Giffen and DeMatteis's Justice League run, and I can see why it's so appreciated. This page made me LOL IRL, which is a rare occurrence for comics.

Justice League Europe 13. I should note that this cat owns both the JLA and the JLE, and also foils a crime or two.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, Power Girl's horrible cat was a running joke through JLE.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I've been working through Giffen and DeMatteis's Justice League run, and I can see why it's so appreciated. This page made me LOL IRL, which is a rare occurrence for comics.

Justice League Europe 13. I should note that this cat owns both the JLA and the JLE, and also foils a crime or two.

Ah, slipping a butthole past the censors.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Jordan7hm posted:

Man I reaaaaally dislike that art.

Would you prefer the "ducklips" style SG that this thread loves so much?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Choco1980 posted:

Would you prefer the "ducklips" style SG that this thread loves so much?

Yes. I don’t think it’s amazing, but it’s better than this.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
All Squirrel-Girl comic art is good because it means there's more Squirrel-Girl. Now shut your goddamn scrooge-holes.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Unintentional golden age humour is great.

A bit too on the nose to be in the badass thread, but I love Namor.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Jordan7hm posted:

This entire scene plays like a tabletop RPG session where the GM is struggling to keep their players in line.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Paper Kaiju posted:

This entire scene plays like a tabletop RPG session where the GM is struggling to keep their players in line.

Most Bronze age Defenders comics are like that.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
"Well, Happy Father's Day, Surfer!" is such a 80s action movie quip :allears:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Elfface posted:

If you understood it, then you saw something of Kamala in yourself, and transferred some of your self-loathing.

lol sure budd

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dunno if it's exactly funny, but until there's an Icky Panels thread, here's a look at how Martians have sex from the new Martian Manhunter.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Teenage Fansub posted:

Dunno if it's exactly funny, but until there's an Icky Panels thread, here's a look at how Martians have sex from the new Martian Manhunter.

J'onn had a similar thing happen in his solo series, where he meets up with a Saturn lady as they are similar. So it's got precedent.

Who is the Martian he's getting his freak on with? It's not Miss Martian?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Haven't read it but if I had to guess it's probably a flashback to before everyone died.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, it's his wife in a flashback.

His daughter looks like Doop, also.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Teenage Fansub posted:

Looks like someone's been watching the mating ritual of the leopard slug
:nws: https://youtu.be/wG9qpZ89qzc :nws:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

Unintentional golden age humour is great.

The best part is the furry guys are evil yeti that tricked the Surfer into thinking that they're peaceful to set a trap.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Injustice 2 Annual: Bruce Wayne took a bullet in the shoulder at a charity gala, so while he's recovering and while everyone else tries to track down who put the hit on him, Superman has an idea for a more secure location for Bruce to crash at.

Nice.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

TwoPair posted:

Injustice 2 Annual: Bruce Wayne took a bullet in the shoulder at a charity gala, so while he's recovering and while everyone else tries to track down who put the hit on him, Superman has an idea for a more secure location for Bruce to crash at.

Nice.

Why do Superman’s parents look younger than Superman

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

From the X-Men X-Mas Special. It's not super funny but I was glad to see someone taking the piss out of #hotclaws.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Isn't Soule writing the series where he gets hot claws?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yes.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

TwoPair posted:

Nice.

Is this a flashback or something to events prior to the main Injustice storyline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Calaveron posted:

Why do Superman’s parents look younger than Superman
Based on the panel where they're framed in the door, its because they're modelled directly on the Kents from Smallville (the tv series).