Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sassassin posted:

It turns into a complete spazzy mess at 90kg.

So lift more.

Also it’s lookkng possible Jared kushner got chucked by klokov.

https://twitter.com/a_cormier_/status/1071174848746045441?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm so loving hungry! Want a braised ham hock!

I hate cutting.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo i skipped breakfast and i think i went into starvation mode because now i'm obese. any suggestions?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Have you tried Salami

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dolphin posted:

I'm so loving hungry! Want a braised ham hock!

I hate cutting.

It's the wrong time of year to cut.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ive switched my cold cuts from salami to boars head buffalo chicken. Gotta switch it up sometimes. Its good.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Clean plus front squat gonna give me sweet salami legs.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

sassassin posted:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

sassassin posted:

It's the right time of the year to clean up your diet except for holidays/gatherings. Then cutting becomes easier once all these drat pot lucks and holiday parties and family get togethers end.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

is going sumo some kind of magical recipe for deadlifting more weight? I just tried it on a whim and it hurts way less and i can lift a full plate more. Like why did no one tell me to do this like a decade ago? How have i wasted my life so badly? Will my children forgive me when i confess this on my deathbed?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Khorne posted:

It's the right time of the year to clean up your diet except for holidays/gatherings. Then cutting becomes easier once all these drat pot lucks and holiday parties and family get togethers end.

Motherfuckers trying to ice skate uphill.

Embrace the easy bulk and dressing in layers.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
its deadlift day bois

also those fuckin turds at work banned any food out on the floor. just love busting my rear end for 11 days in a row and i can't even munch on some m&ms or something to keep the energy levels up. this isn't going to be good for my gains i'm afraid. does anyone have any secret salami tricks?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

its deadlift day bois

also those fuckin turds at work banned any food out on the floor. just love busting my rear end for 11 days in a row and i can't even munch on some m&ms or something to keep the energy levels up. this isn't going to be good for my gains i'm afraid. does anyone have any secret salami tricks?

gently caress that i do construction and i take food breaks like every hour

get a camelback and fill it with some sustenance goo u can slurp on

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

its deadlift day bois

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Chinatown posted:

Ive switched my cold cuts from salami to boars head buffalo chicken. Gotta switch it up sometimes. Its good.

try sausalito turkey next

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

i can't believe I forgot this

Khorne
May 1, 2002
What should I make for my work's pot luck? Someone is already bringing banana bread, and they've banned nuts and durians so that rules out the most obvious three picks.

sassassin posted:

Motherfuckers trying to ice skate uphill.

Embrace the easy bulk and dressing in layers.
It takes me a minimum of 6 months to go from "gently caress I'm fat" to actually losing weight, and the first step is to stop buying and making sugary junk food. I still eat large amounts of food and gain a bit more weight before the real weight loss starts.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 9, 2018

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Tane posted:

is going sumo some kind of magical recipe for deadlifting more weight? I just tried it on a whim and it hurts way less and i can lift a full plate more. Like why did no one tell me to do this like a decade ago? How have i wasted my life so badly? Will my children forgive me when i confess this on my deathbed?
Clearly, for you it is. I had the same experience. Many people deadlift more conventional. It mostly depends on your internal hip anatomy so there's no way to tell without trying both. At least be thankful that you're so sumo-sided that you could try it once and lift more despite being untrained at it. For a lot of people they have to train both for a while at the same time so that they can compare both movements at the same level of proficiency.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Khorne posted:

What should I make for my work's pot luck? Someone is already bringing banana bread, and they've banned nuts and durians so that rules out the most obvious three picks.

Salami platter? Or was this a trick question? :confused:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
sumo started giving shooting pain in my groin so i decided i was better at conventional

Khorne
May 1, 2002

feelix posted:

Clearly, for you it is. I had the same experience. Many people deadlift more conventional. It mostly depends on your internal hip anatomy so there's no way to tell without trying both. At least be thankful that you're so sumo-sided that you could try it once and lift more despite being untrained at it. For a lot of people they have to train both for a while at the same time so that they can compare both movements at the same level of proficiency.
Sumo would be better for me except my thumbs get stuck on my quads all the drat time when I do heavy weight. :(

It still is better, but I've missed reps from that. I've also tried lots of stuff like gripping wider or closer, having my feet touch the plates, having my feet in more, and I dunno. I'm probably doing something wrong, because that's usually my problem.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Khorne posted:

Sumo would be better for me except my thumbs get stuck on my quads all the drat time when I do heavy weight. :(

It still is better, but I've missed reps from that. I've also tried lots of stuff like gripping wider or closer, having my feet touch the plates, having my feet in more, and I dunno. I'm probably doing something wrong, because that's usually my problem.

Same but I pull hook so it's not my thumbs but my other fingers that get pried open. I think only people with short legs and long arms can lock out without their hands on their thighs. Also I bet if I actually competed and had baby powder on my thighs it would be way less of a problem.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Khorne posted:

It takes me a minimum of 6 months to go from "gently caress I'm fat" to actually losing weight, and the first step is to stop buying and making sugary junk food. I still eat large amounts of food and gain a bit more weight before the real weight loss starts.

Roasted Brussel sprouts yo.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I rode 33 road miles on my mountain bike today.

Tomorrow I'm going on a 6 hour hike.

That takes care of leg day for what... two, three weeks right?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Uh, that's the kinda equivalency I wanna claim for work, walking, etc. but the glorious truth is nothing gets you out of leg day except leg day.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Do touring cyclists have big legs?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

sassassin posted:

Do touring cyclists have big legs?

heck yeah

https://twitter.com/RFoerstemann/status/928591882447400960

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
drat

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does "sprint" mean "touring"

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Track cyclists ain't doing 33 mile/6 hour rides.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
33 miles took me 2.5 hours. :D

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Literally never snatched before today and hit 125. Nothing impressive but I left the gym happy with myself

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

dads friend steve posted:

Literally never snatched before today and hit 125. Nothing impressive but I left the gym happy with myself

That's a lot of kilos, nice.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

That's in ft-lbs dude

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Dum Cumpster posted:

I’m an ugly American

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
is the snatch the one where it goes over your head?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

awesmoe posted:

is the snatch the one where it goes over your head?

Yeah with the never comfortable wide grip.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is a dumb question but does anyone have a good meat thermometer that they like? I have this Webber one but it keeps loving up and I’d rather not die from eating undercooked chicken.

TIA.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I'm making Sous Vide chicken right now. Thighs with no skin. :discourse:

You should Sous Vide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted: