Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Hurry up Russia & US, or China & US, one pair of you go to war already so we can see the JSF in action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Five votes in his direction and he would have become PM during the leadership spill, while also holding the home affairs portfolio. Of course, it's just good optics to pass whatever national security law comes your way, so he has already been given the ability to bring in the military against protesters and to hold people for near indefinite periods for terrorism related offenses, without having to take it to court or reveal evidence.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Knobb Manwich posted:

Hurry up Russia & US, or China & US, one pair of you go to war already so we can see the JSF in action.

Have they finished writing the software to make the gun work yet?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
another leadership spill please

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
We are delaying deployment of our JSF until our weather control device is ready to ensure they don’t catch fire when it rains.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Solemn Sloth posted:

We are delaying deployment of our JSF until our weather control device is ready to ensure they don’t catch fire when it rains.

don't say that too loudly, there are already enough fuckwits who think HAARP controls the weather, we don't need more of this bullshit

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Solemn Sloth posted:

Didn't they have to paint the fuel trucks bright white to reflect as much sun as possible, as the fuel being too hot caused explosions? The JSF program has been an absolute gift.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Knobb Manwich posted:

Didn't they have to paint the fuel trucks bright white to reflect as much sun as possible, as the fuel being too hot caused explosions? The JSF program has been an absolute gift.

Yes. The fuel trucks were camouflaged but were no longer so because they required not just white, but a "special" more protective white coating that cost a ridiculous amount and (iirc) was in short supply.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

GoldStandardConure posted:

don't say that too loudly, there are already enough fuckwits who think HAARP controls the weather, we don't need more of this bullshit

Apparently this is getting a lot of bites on Facebook currently.

https://twitter.com/tom_tanuki/status/1071242910954221568

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Senor Tron posted:

Apparently this is getting a lot of bites on Facebook currently.

https://twitter.com/tom_tanuki/status/1071242910954221568

Boomer bait is getting less and less subtle isn't it.

Nobody under 50 gives a poo poo about what words our corporate overlords do or don't use while they grind our bones into dust for their shareholders to do lines of.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I would support a corporate overload that banned christmas music tbh.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Something I was just pondering.

Your liability for council rates is assessed based on your land value as a proportion of the gross land value over the entire municipality.

Within a municipality there can be significant variations in land value.

As a rule, higher value properties will experience a much higher percentage loss in value as a result of the downturn than lower value properties.

Due to the downturn, there is going to be a really significant transfer in rates burden from the wealthiest areas in a municipality to the poorest.

hosed up tbh.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Is there, like, a cool map that shows you the best places to live in australia in 2050 or whatever when climate change has hosed everything?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Big Willy Style posted:

Is there, like, a cool map that shows you the best places to live in australia in 2050 or whatever when climate change has hosed everything?

On top of Uluru with the waves lapping at your feet

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
https://twitter.com/tom_tanuki/status/1071981772596928514

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Big Willy Style posted:

I hear good things about skullmurderer's crew. Though their medical plan and skull murdering policy leaves some to be desired.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

hooman posted:

I hear good things about skullmurderer's crew. Though their medical plan and skull murdering policy leaves some to be desired.

im a gravedigger sorry

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I was born a Flaming Drongo and I'll die a Flaming Drongo.

Emphasis on the die part.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

there may be hope for us yet:

"Slashdot posted:

Japan is Giving Away Free Houses
There are some 8 million abandoned homes -- or akiya -- in Japanese suburbia, according to The Japan Times . And if you've got a visa allowing you to live in Japan, some of them can be yours for free or very low prices, and the government may give you a subsidy to renovate one. From a report:
There are even databases devoted to helping people find these homes, known as "akiya banks." What's driving the government to give away homes? In part, it has to do with Japan's aging population: According to the World Bank, the country's population decreased by -0.2% in 2017 alone, while China and the U.S. slowly grew 0.6% and 0.7% respectively. There are simply fewer people in Japan than there once were -- roughly 1.3 million fewer people than in 2010 by one count.
just have to wait out the boomers i guess.

or become weaboos

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

hooman posted:

Boomer bait is getting less and less subtle isn't it.

Nobody under 50 gives a poo poo about what words our corporate overlords do or don't use while they grind our bones into dust for their shareholders to do lines of.

It's a bad joke. They're an idiot.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...4fed_story.html

quote:

He had launched his new website on Facebook during the 2016 presidential campaign as a practical joke among friends — a political satire site started by Blair and a few other liberal bloggers who wanted to make fun of what they considered to be extremist ideas spreading throughout the far right. In the last two years on his page, America’s Last Line of Defense, Blair had made up stories about California instituting sharia, former president Bill Clinton becoming a serial killer, undocumented immigrants defacing Mount Rushmore, and former president Barack Obama dodging the Vietnam draft when he was 9. “Share if you’re outraged!” his posts often read, and thousands of people on Facebook had clicked “like” and then “share,” most of whom did not recognize his posts as satire. Instead, Blair’s page had become one of the most popular on Facebook among Trump-supporting conservatives over 55.

Chapian saw the comments after her post and wondered as she often did when she was attacked: Who were these people? And what were they talking about? Of course Michelle Obama and Chelsea Clinton had flipped off the president. It was true to what she knew of their character. That was what mattered.

Instead of responding directly to strangers on America’s Last Line of Defense, Chapian wrote on her own Facebook page. “Nasty liberals,” she said, and then she went back to her news feed, each day blending into the next.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 10, 2018

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

TheMightyHandful posted:

or become weaboos

drat awesome

Jibs Monteef
Dec 13, 2009

TheMightyHandful posted:

or become weaboos

let's split the difference and become weaboomers

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Jibs Monteef posted:

let's split the difference and become weaboomers

Pulling up the ladder after we all get our fuckpillows

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

GoldStandardConure posted:

I was born a Flaming Drongo and I'll die a Flaming Drongo.

Emphasis on the die part.

Squawk!

TheMightyHandful posted:

or become weaboos

Hmmm. Well At least the weebs have functioning internet.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Cheap houses and functioning internet?

I might have to look into this weeb thing.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
Anyone else want to buy in to create Auspol Outer Heaven?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Frogfingers posted:

hEY

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope

:yosnice:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Does this mean I get a Japanese Waifu?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Does this mean I get a Japanese Waifu?

Yes, but it's a body pillow.

Of Anidav-sama.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Frogfingers posted:

:auspol: sans Frontieres

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

That feel when 55-45

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

Can someone smarter than me tell me why we don't switch the upper and lower houses?

Seems to me that having the PM voted in by a larger pool of voters, with a more proportional system, makes more sense than them essentially being chosen by a single rich suburb in Sydney.

Maybe I don't pay enough attention but I feel like in general senators seem to be less crazy than MPs.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Turks posted:

Can someone smarter than me tell me why we don't switch the upper and lower houses?

Seems to me that having the PM voted in by a larger pool of voters, with a more proportional system, makes more sense than them essentially being chosen by a single rich suburb in Sydney.

Maybe I don't pay enough attention but I feel like in general senators seem to be less crazy than MPs.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Turks posted:

I mean no offence by this, but: lol.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Turks posted:

You don't pay enough attention.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Mmmm, more people crying over home prices going down on 730. Please, keep dropping. Oh yeah, that's it, 10% or more. Bump up interest rates at the same time. Ohhhh yeeeeaaaahhh

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

OK well I didn't mean to imply that senators are flawless by any means but are they actually worse than MPs?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Turks posted:

OK well I didn't mean to imply that senators are flawless by any means but are they actually worse than MPs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turks
Nov 16, 2006