Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Caring about what other people put on food: -1000 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
-2000 if it's about wine or cheese, because that makes you more French.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I don't think most white people realize how bad a look it is to poo poo on grilling pineapple considering it's a Hawaiian thing.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Oh poo poo, that's Schur's twitter account? I keep seeing things pop up from it and had no idea.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I’m white as gently caress but even in white people tropics grilling a pineapple is still unequivocally a good thing, maybe the cold just rots the part of your brain that knows what to do with a pineapple

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

LividLiquid posted:

I don't think most white people realize how bad a look it is to poo poo on grilling pineapple considering it's a Hawaiian thing.

What? Not liking a food is racist now?

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I grill peaches, drizzle on honey and whip cream.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

grill all fruit imo

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GreenNight posted:

I think it’s more of a developmental disorder tbh, like borderline personality disorder

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
The warmest you should ever eat fruit is banana at room temp

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I’m white as gently caress but even in white people tropics grilling a pineapple is still unequivocally a good thing, maybe the cold just rots the part of your brain that knows what to do with a pineapple

A good portion of my extended family is from Hawaii and lemme tell you, grilled pineapple straight from a farm there is amazing. That being said, pineapple on pizza as Hawaiian is a lie perpetrated by Big Pizza.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Vanderdeath posted:

A good portion of my extended family is from Hawaii and lemme tell you, grilled pineapple straight from a farm there is amazing. That being said, pineapple on pizza as Hawaiian is a lie perpetrated by Big Pizza.

And the California roll has little to do with California.

It's just a name for a (imo) tasty food.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Ironically enough, I think the "Hawaiian" pizza originated in California. I've been told that California-style pizza is basically the act of putting weird poo poo on pizza and calling it good, like chicken and sweet barbecue sauce.

That said I don't have any issues with pineapple on pizza, but my favorite pineapple is covered with the other kind of heat (cayenne).

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’ve had one good Hawaiian pizza in my life, it had roast pork and Maui onion on it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don’t mind being judged for putting pineapple on pizza but I kind of object to people thinking it’s somehow even weirder that I have it with pepperoni instead of ham

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Ironically enough, I think the "Hawaiian" pizza originated in California. I've been told that California-style pizza is basically the act of putting weird poo poo on pizza and calling it good, like chicken and sweet barbecue sauce.

That said I don't have any issues with pineapple on pizza, but my favorite pineapple is covered with the other kind of heat (cayenne).

hello, california pizza kitchen?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Toast Museum posted:

He's also against soup in general, I think. Mike Schur is full of weird bad food opinions.

Maybe he grew up with a parent(s) that was a bad cook? Like, a lot of the food I thought I didn't like, turns out I do like it if it's cooked the way it's meant to be cooked. Turns out my mum was just a terrible cook.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

LividLiquid posted:

Hawaiian pizza was invented in rural southwestern Ontario. Pineapples are South American in origin and arrived in Hawaii alongside colonialism. You don't need to fight for it.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I can't tell you how relieved I am that Michael Schur decided to make great TV rather than do anything with food, ever

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

The trick to pineapple on pizza is that you need to put it on somewhat sparingly, pair it with a salty meat -- I actually like pepperoni and bacon over ham, since they have much more flavor and texture -- and make sure you squeeze out the water before it goes on the pizza. I'm convinced most of the people who talk about pineapple on pizza like the devil have just gotten a soggy mess of a pizza where all the pineapple juice drooled out and made the cheese melt all weird. You can do a lot of damage to a pizza with pineapple if you're not careful.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 10, 2018

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Hawkgirl posted:

I can't tell you how relieved I am that Michael Schur decided to make great TV rather than do anything with food, ever
these day's he's mostly vegan over ethical and environmental concerns about eating meat.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Mameluke posted:

Hawaiian pizza was invented in rural southwestern Ontario. Pineapples are South American in origin and arrived in Hawaii alongside colonialism. You don't need to fight for it.
I very specifically didn't mention pizza in my post, which you either willfully ignored or didn't notice. Shur was making GBS threads on cooking fruit and moved on to cooked pineapple on pizza, yes, but he started by telling people not to cook fruit.

GreenNight posted:

That's an incredible stretch, and no. You're not racist for not liking a food. You (not you you)are being incredibly culturally gross as a white person, however, by saying the way brown people cook food is an affront to food, as those tweets were doing.

I'm as pasty as the next Irish Norweigan-American, but even I can admit that white people really have no business telling the rest of the world how to make food.

Jesus gently caress, put some goddamn spices on some poo poo.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

howe_sam posted:

these day's he's mostly vegan over ethical and environmental concerns about eating meat.

Ah yes, the Doug Forcett menu.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
Liking pineapples in any form is racist because the kingdom of Hawaii was overthrown by a pineapple farmer. Please check your fruit privilege.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

LividLiquid posted:

I very specifically didn't mention pizza in my post, which you either willfully ignored or didn't notice. Shur was making GBS threads on cooking fruit and moved on to cooked pineapple on pizza, yes, but he started by telling people not to cook fruit.

That's an incredible stretch, and no. You're not racist for not liking a food. You (not you you)are being incredibly culturally gross as a white person, however, by saying the way brown people cook food is an affront to food, as those tweets were doing.

I'm as pasty as the next Irish Norweigan-American, but even I can admit that white people really have no business telling the rest of the world how to make food.

Jesus gently caress, put some goddamn spices on some poo poo.

Well, you're very passionate, I'll give you that.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I just put garlic in everything in place for spices. Just garlic up the wazoo

I'm literally white literally trash

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Kind of hope there is a gag with Michael Shur being expected in the Bad Place for Food Crimes.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
What about warm apple cider, isn't that hot fruit?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If we're discussing Mike Schur cameos, I bet Mose Schrute is in the Bad Place for not fighting Ryan in that barn.

(i regret contributing to the pineapple derail)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think the best way to deal with Shawn at this point as a finale thing would be him being demoted to the accountants office, no longer able to actively torture people, just being forced to sift through weird sex things under the new structure. That would be his hell. Just to rub it in, make Vicky his manager as a direct assistant to Stephen Merchant.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Actual ideal reformed X place:
-Everyone goes to a purgatory space set up to get them to see the error of their ways and teach them and mold them into the person they always had the potential be. There is no torture here, just various simulations to help people grow, reform, and learn.
-Once you graduate purgatory you get sent to the good place and as you now the best you could you be.

Simple, easy, actually ethical.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

BioEnchanted posted:

I think the best way to deal with Shawn at this point as a finale thing would be him being demoted to the accountants office, no longer able to actively torture people, just being forced to sift through weird sex things under the new structure. That would be his hell. Just to rub it in, make Vicky his manager as a direct assistant to Stephen Merchant.

that reminds me, the delivery on "Can I have a paperclip?" "What are you going to do with it?" was amazing

dude sounded hilariously haunted

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
guys guys!

Mindy Saint Claire

:aaaaa:

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

guys guys!

Mindy Saint Claire

:aaaaa:

Holy shirt.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I don't know about you guys, but having become a godfather recently I really appreciate The Good Place giving me alternatives that are almost but not quite swear words.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Your Taint posted:

I was wondering if they're back in the bad place again. Maybe Sean re-routed the portal and put the filter back on so they couldn't swear.

Podcast spoilers:

Apparently Mike Schur confirmed they're in the actual for real Good Place during the table read.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

double nine posted:

I don't know about you guys, but having become a godfather recently I really appreciate The Good Place giving me alternatives that are almost but not quite swear words.

Also fun podcast tidbit:

An alternate take for "Holy Motherforking shirtballs" in the latest episode was "Soak my deck, we're in the Good Place"

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Did anybody notice the room they fall into at the end is totally empty, with no one in the chair, and a LARGE stack of paperwork that looked like it needed to be checked?

Guys, God is dead.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

The warmest you should ever eat fruit is banana at room temp

Have you never grilled a banana? Wrapped it in foil and buried it in the embers of a bonfire? It goes all sweet and sticky and amazing.

ApplesandOranges posted:

What about warm apple cider, isn't that hot fruit?

Mulled cider feels very hipster, but holy crap am I glad it's a thing almost everywhere now. It's so christmassy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If you're just eating a Heated Fruit then yeah it's going to seem mushy and gross compared to the cool, crisp, fresh version. It's all in the preparation. A baked apple is gross, but an apple pie with whipped/ice cream is wonderful. A warm squishy strawberry by itself is awful, but strawberry sauce on your waffles... mmmmm.