Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I didn’t think it was that bad? Do some reworked lost sectors with lots of shootin mans and then fight a boss?

Not getting credit for killing the HVTs.

Killed about 4 of the cunts and nothing. So i watched 300 with my wife instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Not getting credit for killing the HVTs.

Killed about 4 of the cunts and nothing. So i watched 300 with my wife instead.

300 2 is underrated.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Why wasn’t it called 301

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Insane Totoro posted:

To be honest, just spec for fighting in a phone booth and you'll be fine with whatever strategy.

I know I keep harping on Sidearms and Fusions for burning Majors and Ultras but that especially applies for Forge. Telesto and Smugglers tear through the blue men.

I hip fire my Smugglers (with Icarus) like it's TLW and basically buzzsaw the blue men in half.
What do you run for boss DPS when you’re running telesto, or does telesto do more than I’m imagining?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

wyoak posted:

What do you run for boss DPS when you’re running telesto, or does telesto do more than I’m imagining?

I'd imagine a linear fusion since you get tons more ammo than a rocket launcher

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

300 2 is underrated.

There's another one...

...wtf

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

PathAsc posted:

I'd imagine a linear fusion since you get tons more ammo than a rocket launcher

Hammerhead does some pretty good work on DPS if you have it

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

There's another one...

...wtf

Yeah, prequel/sequel that follows the larger Greek war effort agaisnt Persia. Athenian focus as opposed to Spartan.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I put a rampage mod on breakneck and whoo boy that's much better

You get enough time to reload on the early stacks that way

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

wyoak posted:

Just the LMG. I put on a Boss spec and it shreds even harder.

Telesto is really good for sustained DPS

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
what's the deal with the traffic pylons on the way to the earth forge

like you just get off your sparrow walk one step past and then instantly summon a new one

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CheeseFactory posted:

Hammerhead does some pretty good work on DPS if you have it

I might get it tomorrow, if I put in the effort to group up instead of matchmaking it.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
The only good thing about the 300 sequel is Eva Green.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://youtu.be/b-lcPrXPxks

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Kadath posted:

The only good thing about the 300 sequel is Eva Green.

Do you see her hooters? My wife sent me a picture of them the other day without context and i was worried she was trying to bait me into saying "i wanna gently caress them tits" so i just harnessed my inner Zavala and said "indeed" instead.

DLC bad.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Do you see her hooters?

Yeah, man.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

CheeseFactory posted:

Do you see her hooters? My wife sent me a picture of them the other day without context and i was worried she was trying to bait me into saying "i wanna gently caress them tits" so i just harnessed my inner Zavala and said "indeed" instead.

DLC bad.

You're supposed to say "those are nice."

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
https://i.imgur.com/3bqyjKr.gifv

Lmao

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I drop onto nessus and a captain shows up 1 second later and i kill it and get the credit this time.

Well ok then.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
7 powerful reward engrams tonight. 7 guns, all below the highest PL i have in the respective slots

this game sucks so fuckin much

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

Legs Benedict posted:

7 powerful reward engrams tonight. 7 guns, all below the highest PL i have in the respective slots

this game sucks so fuckin much

^^^^^^

Burned through all my easy milestones this week and only made it to 604 but tried the forge anyway. First round went fine but then the second round adds got red icons and it all went to poo poo. Progressive level increases within a single activity was dumb in EP and is even dumber here. I achieved victory by deleting d2 off my hard drive so I wouldn't be tempted to waste any more time on this bullshit

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Turns our eva green is naked in just about everything ever

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That wasn’t worth the 45 seconds it took me to find.

Edit: I found it really funny how at the beginning of the week, when everyone was freaking out about the grind, your Ghost’s lines for handing in your Queen’s offering is basically him begging her to do something, anything, because we’ve been smashing our heads against the curse for weeks and she’s just... not moving.

I found it super self-aware for Bungie LoL

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Dec 10, 2018

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CheeseFactory posted:

DLC bad.

A zavala post making me laugh on a Monday

Truly a post for the ages

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Kiavahr posted:

^^^^^^

Burned through all my easy milestones this week and only made it to 604 but tried the forge anyway. First round went fine but then the second round adds got red icons and it all went to poo poo. Progressive level increases within a single activity was dumb in EP and is even dumber here. I achieved victory by deleting d2 off my hard drive so I wouldn't be tempted to waste any more time on this bullshit

I wouldn’t exactly go this far but I agree with the sentiment. It’s funny how I started playing again like a month after Forsaken and spent the entirety of season 4 “catching up” and now I’m doing the exact same thing again and I’m not sure why.

Probably just gonna hang it up again until the TLW quest, no biggie!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don't know why you'd quit now, the first forge content will be reasonably possible in a day!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Bust Rodd posted:

That wasn’t worth the 45 seconds it took me to find.

Edit: I found it really funny how at the beginning of the week, when everyone was freaking out about the grind, your Ghost’s lines for handing in your Queen’s offering is basically him begging her to do something, anything, because we’ve been smashing our heads against the curse for weeks and she’s just... not moving.

I found it super self-aware for Bungie LoL

I think that's about the only thing to have new dialogue, I've noticed a lot of awkward silences during the weekly missions since there's been nothing new added.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

We put one of our dogs down on Wednesday night and then my wife immediately had to go out of town, so for some reason I decided it would be a good idea to try and do Breakneck in one sitting and I guess RNG felt bad for me. A Queenbreaker, Twin Tailed Fox and a dupe exotic and only 7 matches to go. Not sure if the solo queue was a blessing or if I was truly on auto pilot enough to avoid being triggered by huge losses.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Turns our eva green is naked in just about everything ever

That doesn't ever make it any less special.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Judge Tesla posted:

I think that's about the only thing to have new dialogue, I've noticed a lot of awkward silences during the weekly missions since there's been nothing new added.

Don’t know when it changed but this weeks DC story mission has all the characters talking about how they are trapped in their behaviors and can’t make divergent decisions even though they know what’s going to happen and go wrong. It’s pretty spoopy. I play while someone else is sleeping in the room a lot so I use subtitles and I was missing lots of stuff from just not really listening to what people were saying

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Don’t know when it changed but this weeks DC story mission has all the characters talking about how they are trapped in their behaviors and can’t make divergent decisions even though they know what’s going to happen and go wrong. It’s pretty spoopy. I play while someone else is sleeping in the room a lot so I use subtitles and I was missing lots of stuff from just not really listening to what people were saying

It's an allegory and Bungie is trolling us because we've all been doing exactly this since D1 launched.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

^burtle posted:

We put one of our dogs down on Wednesday night and then my wife immediately had to go out of town, so for some reason I decided it would be a good idea to try and do Breakneck in one sitting and I guess RNG felt bad for me. A Queenbreaker, Twin Tailed Fox and a dupe exotic and only 7 matches to go. Not sure if the solo queue was a blessing or if I was truly on auto pilot enough to avoid being triggered by huge losses.

Rest in RIP dawg

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

cvnvcnv posted:

Rest in RIP dawg

Thanks fam. In better news, you guys weren't kidding about the QB. Went from hardly any Army of Ones to averaging 1 or 2 a match.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
F

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If you deal any damage to an invader, the game should remove you from their wallhacks. Change my mind.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
F

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/egTVYnf.gifv

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 10, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of