Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

What are everyone's opinion on the Khaler locking trem vs the Floyd Rose/Edge style trem?

I have always wanted a G&L Rampage. Jerry Cantrell is basically why I started playing guitar. But I have seen a lot of stuff about how the Khaler feels totally different than the floyd rose. I have never really used either...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puZ7T41Lvzw

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You must watch this for the accent

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I usually enjoy the guy but eh.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

You must watch this for the accent

It's a good accent. :thumbsup:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Does "didn't let myself have the amp I really wanted for years" count as stupid music poo poo because I think it does

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Speaking of Floyd Rose speedloaders and their impossible to find strings: a workaround.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

With a modern bridge my Jazzmaster trem is good for non-divebomb poo poo aka playing Neil Young solos/pretending I'm Kevin Shields/pretending I can play surf guitar.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDnio2axqNI

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

In progress:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
no dont

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Finished! No tire kickers I know what I got!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

"Mein gott im himmel!" -Michael Schenker somewhere

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
looks like the car homer simpson designed

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Look he made his own rulers. Why can we not be more supportive of DIY?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

Finished! No tire kickers I know what I got!

Lowtax's efforts to pay for medical bills are getting more outlandish

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shugojin posted:

Lowtax's efforts to pay for medical bills are getting more outlandish

That thing's less crooked than lowtax's spine

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This page is wild and I’m feeling it

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Flying ~V

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
hmmm

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I understand it, but this has to sound like poo poo.

There's something about Electric Guitar that sucks fat cocks and that's having to plug the bitch in. When I was playing Classical Guitar I could always pick it up whenever, wherever and play without dealing with cables or "setting up." With my electric it's like, "Man, I want to noodle around and knock off the rust... let me just get this poo poo out of the case, plug in, turn poo poo on (or open BIAS FX)" and sometimes I just can't be bothered because my laziness is at virtuosic levels.

It's not that big of a deal but after doing it so many times it sucks and electric isn't something that really works when you aren't plugged in even if it's running scales. Not for me anyway. I always loved the idea of an "all-in-one" electric guitar that you could just pick up and play and hear modeled tones with. I mean, hell, just give me a guitar that has BIAS built into the drat thing and let me plug in some headphones into it and gently caress with that. That would be dope.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

My dude, you need to google the Vox Amplug 2.

And also not stuff your guitar into a case when you're not playing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Most of my playing is unplugged electric. Try it for a month and you could probably get used to it.

Siivola posted:

My dude, you need to google the Vox Amplug 2.

I wish my amplug hadn’t died. It was pretty fun.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 9, 2018

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Why does Gibson's Custom Shop stuff never look even a tiny bit good

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

s.i.r.e. posted:

I always loved the idea of an "all-in-one" electric guitar that you could just pick up and play and hear modeled tones with.

It's not perfect, but the Katana Air is close to what you're looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz6Bq1PyCvw&t=26s

A little modeling amp with a motion-activated wireless system. Set the guitar down and it shuts off after a period of inactivity, pick it back up and everything turns on again. I've never messed with one, but it looks like it'd be uncomfortable on anything without a recessed output jack like a Strat.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Honestly, 99% of the time if an electric guitar doesn’t sound good unplugged it doesn’t sound good plugged in.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Siivola posted:

Not an option, I live with a Husky in a dusty house, I have to vacuum ever day for this place to be clean. Anything not in a case is going to get loving nasty.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

gently caress Your Website posted:

Honestly, 99% of the time if an electric guitar doesn’t sound good unplugged it doesn’t sound good plugged in.

Yeah that’s what I’ve discovered too interestingly enough. That said, I feel like most guitars can sound good enough with a little work.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

s.i.r.e. posted:

"Man, I want to noodle around and knock off the rust... let me just get this poo poo out of the case, plug in, turn poo poo on (or open BIAS FX)" and sometimes I just can't be bothered because my laziness is at virtuosic levels.

I get what you're saying. I felt the same way until I just told myself to never touch the loving amp other than the power switch. I've had entire nights where I wanted to practice and it was spent trying to find the perfect reverb effect or overdrive settings. No more.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?

Philthy posted:

I get what you're saying. I felt the same way until I just told myself to never touch the loving amp other than the power switch. I've had entire nights where I wanted to practice and it was spent trying to find the perfect reverb effect or overdrive settings. No more.

I time everything I do when I practice to force myself to spend a certain amount of time... actually practicing, instead of playing all the sweet solos I already know or trying to dial in an epic tone or whatever. Even stuff like "practice songwriting" I'll set a 10 min timer for. It's actually the single best thing I've ever done for improving - I wasted way more time noodling than I could have imagined, and didn't realize it until I set a clock to things.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I would be a loving virtuoso if I could do structured daily practice. Just like Victor Wooten it bores me to the point of literally falling asleep. Luckily I’ve found my own ways to practice by way of noodling and have built up a solid foundation. The biggest thing for me was trying to keep a guitar near me at all times. I always have a guitar handy where I sit around. 5 minutes of downtime can turn into scale practice etc.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Philthy posted:

the perfect reverb effect

all of it

quote:

or overdrive settings.

all of it

problem solved hth

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

hexwren posted:

all of it

all of it

problem solved hth

Someone post the video of 10 metal zones chained and maxed out.

We briefly considered a backdrop consisting of metal zones spelling out our band name, but we're waiting until our breakthrough for financial reasons.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

hexwren posted:

problem solved hth

All my chords sound perfect now. tnx

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I can’t even remember the days when I didn’t cover my amped sound in delay and reverb

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Maybe not completely on-topic, but the way the tweet is written cracked me up.

https://twitter.com/Loudwire/status/1072505165842997251

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

prefect posted:

quote:

The Northdale, Florida house fire began on Monday night (Dec. 10) on Norwood Drive, WFLA reported, and firefighters battled the blaze for an hour as they struggled to contain the fire as ammunition stored inside the home kept exploding.

Hell yeah.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
https://reverb.com/item/11644923-lawsuit-era-ibanez-destroyer-1970-s-pink-burst-refinished-and-reshaped-one-of-a-kind-glam-van-halen

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

prefect posted:

He looks like he’s been doing a ton of coke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless