Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://twitter.com/business/status/1072092436246212608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Or maybe May doesn't cancel.

Different parts of the UK gov't are saying different things right now.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Reminds me of a famous newspaper misprint (and apology) in the UK, where some old lady whose hobby was "smocking rugs" (as in, embroidering them) initially was described as enjoying "smoking drugs".

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Man, after hundreds of years dominating and oppressing most of the planet, we Anglos are really screwing the pooch.

To everyone else, I hope we all survive long enough for you to mock our persistent incompetence.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr. Smock, set phasers to Dumb.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So....has no one told Trump that he's implicated in multiple felonies NOT involving the Russia stuff? Because he seems to keep harping on the Russia thing (the report of which I think is not as complete as the investigation into the Comey firing or the hush money).

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

FlamingLiberal posted:

So....has no one told Trump that he's implicated in multiple felonies NOT involving the Russia stuff? Because he seems to keep harping on the Russia thing (the report of which I think is not as complete as the investigation into the Comey firing or the hush money).

His plan is to try and make everything partisan and everything part of the Russia stuff to try and weasel out.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Isn't this the second time he's done the smocking thing?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think part of it is that the Russia stuff is the first big scandal his mind latched onto, so he's laser-focused on it because it's the one thing that stuck in his addled brain. The other part might be that he understands on some basic level that literal treason is a bit worse than the work-a-day financial corruption that most of the wealthy in this country engage in.

Edit: like, poo poo man, are you going to tell Trumpy D. that using campaign money to silence a woman he had an affair with is a crime? That's like telling him his entire life up to this point was just one long string of unconvicted felonies!

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Dec 10, 2018

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

FlamingLiberal posted:

Probably. But his brain is made of rotting cheese

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Payndz posted:

Reminds me of a famous newspaper misprint (and apology) in the UK, where some old lady whose hobby was "smocking rugs" (as in, embroidering them) initially was described as enjoying "smoking drugs".

Booourns posted:

Isn't this the second time he's done the smocking thing?

:snoop: Smock tweet every day.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Pretty much. It doesn't matter how many other crimes he's implicated in, as long as the reports don't explicitly say the words "DONALD TRUMP DID THE COLLUSION WITH PUTIN" he will claim he's cleared and exonerated and innocent.

Talk to any chuds anywhere about this and if they're not declaring it RIGGED FAKE NEWS, they will harp on the fact that Manafort and Flynn's crimes have nothing to do with Trump and in no way prove that he's criminally liable.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

What a shock, the tory doesn't want to undo her party's stupid racist move!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Smeef posted:

I'm betting on a string of progressively more obvious prank Chiefs of Staff, culminating in Weedlord Bonerhitler.

:lol:

This post loving owns.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
There's this new vague listing on USAJobs and I'm going to apply to it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
It's me. I'm the Smocking Gun.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Crabtree posted:

What a shock, the tory doesn't want to undo her party's stupid racist move!

The UK electorate not only thinks that driving towards that cliff is a good idea but also that the EU will make their car fly before they reach it. It's the predictable result of nationalists running into the reality that their nation actually isn't that important.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

:lol:

This post loving owns.

"I'm proud to announce that come January, the post of White House Chief of Staff will be occupied by Big McLargehuge."

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

As soon as I saw that tweet I knew someone would post this.

I miss Calvin and Hobbes.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-anti-lynching-law-20181205-story.html

I want to kill everyone. It is so telling about how our nation feels about race when we can't even make lynching a loving hate crime.

quote:

There have also been reports of what have been described as attempted lynchings. In 2016, the family of a 12-year-old black girl in Waco, Texas, accused a private school of negligence for not stopping bullying that a lawsuit said led to white students dragging the student after tying a rope around her neck. Last month, a jury ordered the school to pay $68,000 in damages. In 2016, four white students in Wiggins, Miss., reportedly tied a noose around the neck of a black football player in the locker room and pulled it.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
5d chess make a stupid typo twice in one tweet and hope news outlets make fun of you for it so you can play victim and distract at the same time

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I feel like Trump above all else cares about his own publicity-perceived legitimacy, and correctly (blind squirrel, etc) thinks that the Russia link is by far the biggest threat to that.

Also his go to defense to literally anything is attacking with whataboutism.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I have a little management and secretarial experience and live close to DC, maybe I should apply for the CoS job

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

With all the insanity in the United States, let's go to some more light-hearted insanity in Ireland.
Woman who married the ghost of a pirate is getting a divorce

quote:

Taking to social media, Amanda said: “So I feel it’s time to let everyone know that my marriage is over.

“I will explain all in due course but for now all I want to say is be VERY careful when dabbling in spirituality, it’s not something to mess with.”

The split is another blow for Jack, after he was purportedly executed for thieving on the high seas in the 1700s.

Pirates of the Caribbean fan Amanda previously told The Irish Post how she spent £4,000 to look like Captain Jack Sparrow, Johnny Depp’s character in the film.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1072098604599394305

That's almost the entire narcissist's prayer in one tweet.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Dec 10, 2018

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Smocking gun - a paint gun Jackson Pollack used to art

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

friendbot2000 posted:

With all the insanity in the United States, let's go to some more light-hearted insanity in Ireland.

Worth pointing out that this is an Irish-American "news" outlet and probably lies, so rubber, glue,etc.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Doctor Spaceman posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1072098604599394305

That's almost the entire narcissist's prayer in one tweet.

How can he be this dumb and still operate a smartphone

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

"I'm proud to announce that come January, the post of White House Chief of Staff will be occupied by Big McLargehuge."

White House Chief of Staff Chief McStaff and his deputy, Deputy McChiefstaff

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I love how he has to keep quoting Fox News in order to properly articulate why he is totally innocent and has done nothing wrong. Can't make his own case for innocence because his brain is pudding and incapable of doing anything other than barfing "WITCH HUNT WITCH HUNT" over and over.

They're like his binky.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 10, 2018

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Honestly, what the gently caress is this? Is this Tucker severing with Trump so he can continue his propaganda career now that these sentencing memos have marked individual 1 as an unindicted criminal?

Has Hannity and the Fox & Friends crew been shown to start breaking? The resignation of the COS for both the president and VP strikes as an attempt to minimize radiation exposure to maximize future grifting potential.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

friendbot2000 posted:

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-anti-lynching-law-20181205-story.html

I want to kill everyone. It is so telling about how our nation feels about race when we can't even make lynching a loving hate crime.

If people started lynching nazis there would be a law within two weeks.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

osker posted:

Honestly, what the gently caress is this? Is this Tucker severing with Trump so he can continue his propaganda career now that these sentencing memos have marked individual 1 as an unindicted criminal?

Has Hannity and the Fox & Friends crew been shown to start breaking? The resignation of the COS for both the president and VP strikes as an attempt to minimize radiation exposure to maximize future grifting potential.

He is clearly talking about those mean ol’ liberals giving the conservatives poo poo like “there is proof your president is a criminal” and “we will never let the Nazis win”.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I didn't follow the thread too closely this weekend, not sure if this came up: https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/12/07/674533555/more-salt-in-school-lunch-fewer-whole-grains-usda-eases-school-lunch-rules

Trump's rolling back Obama-era requirements that school lunches be somewhat healthy. Fattening up children to own the libs, I guess?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
USPOL, its cold outside, make sure to put on your Smocking Gun or you'll catch your death of brain worms!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

friendbot2000 posted:

I feel like that last line is just as crazy as the lede

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Lote posted:

Smocking gun - a paint gun Jackson Pollack used to art

I was thinking it was just a T-shirt cannon loaded with smocks instead.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

White House Chief of Staff Chief McStaff and his deputy, Deputy McChiefstaff
"Major Major had been born too late and too mediocre. Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them. With Major Major it had been all three. Even among men lacking all distinction he inevitably stood out as a man lacking more distinction than all the rest, and people who met him were always impressed by how unimpressive he was."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Crow Jane posted:

I didn't follow the thread too closely this weekend, not sure if this came up: https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/12/07/674533555/more-salt-in-school-lunch-fewer-whole-grains-usda-eases-school-lunch-rules

Trump's rolling back Obama-era requirements that school lunches be somewhat healthy. Fattening up children to own the libs, I guess?
Chuds hated those rules with a passion, so I’m not surprised they got around to removing them