Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Crazy Achmed posted:

not in America but a bunch of doctors I've talked to are of the opinion that they'd be fine with not being paid as much provided you take the money and use it to hire more doctors so they aren't overworked and exhausted quite as much

"What's that? we can pay you less and increase the rate of profit and do nothing else at all?"
-hospital administrators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confidently Queer
Apr 14, 2003

i am the luckiest shitheap in fyad.

ikanreed posted:

"What's that? we can pay you less and increase the rate of profit and do nothing else at all?"
-hospital administrators

"What's that? Our hospital ranking and quality metrics turned to poo poo because we cut salaries and hired the bottom of the barrel? Who would've thought?" --hospital administrators

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
in order to compare job offers physicians use the ratio of how much each position expects you to work compared to a 40 hour workweek or full time employment

so a 1.5 fte position expects 60 hour weeks, 2.0 fte is 80, for the period of the contract (since it might not be exactly for a year or something). i know some other fields that tend to overwork their employees use it too

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Confidently Queer posted:

"What's that? Our hospital ranking and quality metrics turned to poo poo because we cut salaries and hired the bottom of the barrel? Who would've thought?" --hospital administrators

They just game the metrics while also paying as little as possible.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
My assumption is that american doctors would also require something to be done about student debt.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

My assumption is that american doctors would also require something to be done about student debt.

well, there are enough doctors for the rich and no one else matters so don't expect to see any systematic change in medical education.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

And he's not even the ugly brother

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Cursed image.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Liefieldian anatomy is real?!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

shes got a booger on that nail

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikhailovich_d/status/1072170001086509058

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Donny Jr. looked disgusting — nipples protruding — in his pink shirt

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

lmao, imagine lamenting the lack of a wall as if it were a thing you truly believed would happen. Like, you sincerely thought president Bigly Deals was going to wall off the entire Southern border and are surprised and dismayed that it didn't happen

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

More

https://mobile.twitter.com/josh_hammer/status/1072163073782398976

https://mobile.twitter.com/Treshiq/status/1072183909121589249

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrumpFan1975/status/1072175977621532673

https://mobile.twitter.com/SonnyWarren350/status/1072180442009264130

https://mobile.twitter.com/VanguardPatriot/status/1072171690501857280

https://mobile.twitter.com/detcal8/status/1072170329236275201

https://mobile.twitter.com/redfcar/status/1072169661444296704

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1072167807461326850

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1072167091996897280

https://mobile.twitter.com/GonzoFilms/status/1072175249058344960

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesSh67966703/status/1072183002682277890

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I predicted during the hearings that what we'd get would be a Kavanaugh who for the first few years is extremely moderate, because that's the stupidest and least likely thing and this is 2018 where that thing is always what we get lol

actually funnier than that would be if he WAS actually extremely moderate and Trump didn't give a poo poo because literally the only question he asked him was, "do you think I should go to jail if I commit crimes" and he's the one who gave the right answer

I think he's just trying not to be the focus on anybody's rage for awhile so that nobody starts throwing around words like impeachment and court packing on the left

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lmao, now no one likes kavanaugh. that's one thing right with the world.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

I predicted during the hearings that what we'd get would be a Kavanaugh who for the first few years is extremely moderate, because that's the stupidest and least likely thing and this is 2018 where that thing is always what we get lol

actually funnier than that would be if he WAS actually extremely moderate and Trump didn't give a poo poo because literally the only question he asked him was, "do you think I should go to jail if I commit crimes" and he's the one who gave the right answer

I think he's just trying not to be the focus on anybody's rage for awhile so that nobody starts throwing around words like impeachment and court packing on the left

in fact this timeline is the one optimized to be the funniest and he pulls a souter when he was specifically verified by legions of heritage foundation lawyers to not be souter

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i mean of course the rapist is going to want women to be able to get abortions in cases of rape

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
remember that souter himself pulled a souter only starting with Planned Parenthood v Casey

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

i mean of course the rapist is going to want women to be able to get abortions

he's wealthy enough to know that no prohibition, no matter how absolute, is going to prevent him from getting anything he wants

I genuinely think he's just gonna be as moderate as possible until he feels like he can make nakedly partisan rulings without his personal life being so disrupted

When's that ruling on asset seizure expected anyway

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The best check on the scotus is to basically treat them like the political institution they are and threaten to start packing/impeaching at the drop of a hat if they get stupid imo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Agean90 posted:

The best check on the scotus is to basically treat them like the political institution they are and threaten to start packing/impeaching at the drop of a hat if they get stupid imo

everybody in the country knows this except a lot of the Dems actually in power lol, imagine thinking that anything at all is nonpartisan or not political, much less the supreme seat of the judiciary. Politics as team sports is the ultimate sign of privilege

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Has anybody explained to conservatives that planned parenthood isn't just about abortion?

If someone is willing to try, I'm willing to pay for the crayons.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Did they miss that it was 7-2 or are the other "conservatives" already dead to them?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dalael posted:

Has anybody explained to conservatives that planned parenthood isn't just about abortion?

Thats literally what this court case was about - the legislature said "anyone who also provides abortion services can't get medicaid dollars for anything else" and most circuits said "thats dumb" - HOWEVER one circuit said that a state legislature CAN do that so there is actually a circuit split here so the supreme court should probably have actually taken the case.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Dalael posted:

Remember the part where conservatives still believe abstinence-only is the only "sex education" that should exist, despite literal decades of data showing it to be completely ineffective?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
if the SC actually overturned roe v wade the gop would lose one of their biggest gotv issues and hand it to the dems. i presume kav is still going to be solid on the issues that really matter: protecting the free speech rights of money, abolishing the unnecessary and outdated civil rights act, and saving the states from onerous unconstitutional federal regulations

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Dalael posted:

hey op they're too loving stupid to care about that distinction

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dalael posted:

nope

remember how they believe it so much that texas is now experiencing maternity mortality increases comparable to a war zone or famine

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

nope

remember how they believe it so much that texas is now experiencing maternity mortality increases comparable to a war zone or famine

the fact that their rates return to normal levels if you exclude minority mothers from the calculation is also telling

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

shes got a booger on that nail

that nose has not had a mucus gland in a long time

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Dalael posted:

They know, that's why they hate it because it helps poor people some of whom are even unmarried women who have had sex!

They don't care about babies or children or anything like that, that's why they're always wanting to abolish WIC and food stamps and spend another trillion dollars bombing schools and wedding parties abroad.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
So in other words, we need a fuckton of crayons

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I mean I know nothing is real burn it all down etc and I'm no legal genius-brain, but it seems pretty clear that that planned parenthood bill is a bill of attainder, right?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Dalael posted:

we all know there's only two reasons for a doctor to ever go near a lady's sin-hole: making babies or killing babies.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

I mean I know nothing is real burn it all down etc and I'm no legal genius-brain, but it seems pretty clear that that planned parenthood bill is a bill of attainder, right?

Its about the state level ones.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

Its about the state level ones.

states are dumb

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Dalael posted:

this will never matter, because they do not care whether or not it is effective, they care about their definition of “morally right.” it is wrong to get an abortion in their worldview, so regardless of the real world results, it must be forbidden. they have no interest in what policies would reduce abortions, they are interested in punishing those who diverge from what they consider “right.” or in a super libertarian, they might agree that it’s bad that people are starving and freezing to death, but would reject increasing taxation to deal with the problem, because it’s “not right” to take away what someone has earned, and if that “moral” consideration isn’t satisfied, they will reject the plan to fix the issue.

e: my post got sort of general, but they won’t care that it provides other services, the fact that it provides any abortions at all means it must be destroyed, because they believe abortions are evil

DragQueenofAngmar has issued a correction as of 19:26 on Dec 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if conservatives cared about reducing human misery they wouldn't be conservatives