Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Biplane posted:

Saying that the world is run by rich bankers is an actual fact though. It’s not a theory.

We can guillotine them for being bankers, not for being Jews

e: bow howdy what a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

MizPiz posted:

Transphobic jokes are not the same as a fact that gets hijacked by anti-semites by appending "and it's because of the Jews". It's an extremely common trick bigots use to justify their hatred towards and subsequent violence against which ever minority they're targeting. It doesn't discredit the fact, it means the truth of the matter needs to be given a larger voice.

The page got taken over by Harry Potter, so now that we're on a new one: this ain't it.

If you mean "wealthy bankers", say "wealthy bankers". Invoking the Rothschilds is indisputably an anti-Semitic slur, especially since there are now wealthier families in the world with much more centralized control of their wealth (like the Waltons, for example).

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

The problem is she wanted to have the Slytherins age with the rest of Harry's beliefs as he left childhood but she could never really commit. In the sixth book she had a new Slytherin professor who actually got along with everyone and wasn't a huge dickhole like every other one and it was supposed to be about how Slytherins were just clever and ambitious and not necessarily evil. The idea was supposed to be that Harry's perception of every Slytherin as evil was childish and they were actually more complex than that. But he was still a little bit of a wizard racist and was also the only Slytherin ever shown to not be a sniveling coward or a wizard Nazi 24/7.

She needed a wizard White Rose. A handful of Slytherins who defected and joined the resistance because they were uncomfortable with or got burned hard by their parents' involvement with the Death Eaters.

Besesoth posted:

The page got taken over by Harry Potter, so now that we're on a new one: this ain't it.

If you mean "wealthy bankers", say "wealthy bankers". Invoking the Rothschilds is indisputably an anti-Semitic slur, especially since there are now wealthier families in the world with much more centralized control of their wealth (like the Waltons, for example).

I thought the Waltons are only number 3? Rothschilds are presumably first but the exact extent of their wealth is unknown, and then it's the House of Saud? At least that was the ranking last I looked.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

It's a good job 'wealthy bankers' is never used as a synonym for Jews.

Praseodymi has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Dec 10, 2018

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
"Banker" is an anti-semitic slur.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

What's the best way of attacking wealthy bankers without sounding anti-semitic?

serious question

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

felch me daddy jr. posted:

"Banker" is an anti-semitic slur.

So is wealthy.

Really everything is a Jewish slur if you think about it.

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008
Eat the rich. No distinction.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

mng posted:

Lol there are no asians in Norway. Nazis on the other hand...

There's actually a fairly sizeable contingent of vietnamese here. Plus also all the other asian countries, immigration rules and is good.

Data Graham posted:

We can guillotine them for being bankers, not for being Jews

e: bow howdy what a snipe

We have reached an accord

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Besesoth posted:

He literally worked for the Rothschild family. Like it’s an actual fact. Not just some random invocation as a slur.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Arivia posted:

He literally worked for the Rothschild family. Like it’s an actual fact. Not just some random invocation as a slur.

Sure, but think about why "Rothschild" is used as a modifier to banker in the first place, rather than the generic "investment." If he worked at a different bank, would it have been notable?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is from November but GOD drat

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1063163901590888449

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

small bird pudding posted:

Sure, but think about why "Rothschild" is used as a modifier to banker in the first place, rather than the generic "investment." If he worked at a different bank, would it have been notable?

Sure?! We name old money to point out how good it is at hiding it’s influence and existence.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Rothschild can and absolutely is just used as a code for Jews. That does not mean every use is using it for that purpose.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Rich people forget that they too are property of The State.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Necrothatcher posted:

serious question

"Rich bastards profiteering from human misery."

Seriously, it honestly astounds me how often people on the Left find it incredibly hard to attack Israeli policy or bankers without being anti-Semitic.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Rothschild can and absolutely is just used as a code for Jews. That does not mean every use is using it for that purpose.

But 99% of the time, they are.

See also: "freemason", "globalist", "New York/North London elite".

Like, if you search Twitter for "Macron Rothschild", you get poo poo like this:

https://twitter.com/chartread/status/1071064778427248642
https://twitter.com/chartread/status/1071060865619775489
https://twitter.com/BrayBarakat/status/1072109308152832000
https://twitter.com/MAGAinMN/status/1071392188469260289
https://twitter.com/VictorBAigner/status/1069741530678788097
https://twitter.com/XiuXes/status/1072083837562351616
https://twitter.com/policy_council/status/1071889562870407169
https://twitter.com/Veraciti_Bot/status/1071542420293136384
https://twitter.com/4thAnon/status/1071399339178618880
https://twitter.com/the_chiefe71/status/1069130207137804290
https://twitter.com/FCriticalThink/status/1071866173107646468

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

quote:

“We all watched them play with the size of their balls for years and didn’t say anything, so we’re probably all complicit to some level and we should all be ashamed.”

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GOAT tier kicker

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I know this is supposed to be bad but I can't get over calling Prison Paul "Alex Jones's London slut."

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

TinTower posted:

"Rich bastards profiteering from human misery."

Seriously, it honestly astounds me how often people on the Left find it incredibly hard to attack Israeli policy or bankers without being anti-Semitic.

- Oh poo poo, I hate this rich bastard who is profiting on human misery? How are they doing it?
- Uh.... he's associated with financiers who are manipulating the financial system to enrich themselves.
- We should really sort this out. Who do they work for?
- ...iuhmm.. well here's the thing....

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
That's just sad dude.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

drat, owned again.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

serious question

With guillotines.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

CharlestheHammer posted:

Rothschild can and absolutely is just used as a code for Jews. That does not mean every use is using it for that purpose. means you have to be especially careful when you're not using it as code for "Jews".

FTFY.

There is absolutely a difference between "Macron was a banker at Rothschild & Cie Banque" and "Macron was a Rothschild banker"; one of them is a dogwhistle and one of them isn't. And the association between the Rothschilds and a vast Jewish New World Order is so deep-seated and so pernicious that even a Jewish man like Josh Fox can accidentally invoke it just by not thinking hard enough about the words he's using. In this era of active bigotry even at the highest levels of the most powerful government in the world, it behooves us all to be a little more careful about which hateful conspiracy theories we play into, doesn't it?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

chitoryu12 posted:

I know this is supposed to be bad but I can't get over calling Prison Paul "Alex Jones's London slut."

So now that Alex Jones and Laura Loomer are both banned, how does this guy get to stay?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Croatoan posted:

So now that Alex Jones and Laura Loomer are both banned, how does this guy get to stay?

They know he'll die if he has to leave his apartment.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Necrothatcher posted:

- Oh poo poo, I hate this rich bastard who is profiting on human misery? How are they doing it?
- Uh.... he's associated with financiers who are manipulating the financial system to enrich themselves.
- We should really sort this out. Who do they work for?
- ...iuhmm.. well here's the thing....

They don't have to "work for" anyone. When Soros shorted the pound, he didn't get his marching orders from the Zionist Occupation World Government. And, contrary to what the current Prime Minister of Malaysia thinks, that didn't happen when the ASEAN currencies collapsed either.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
lol that reads like the logic of an angry white lady asking to see the manager at Michael's, but extended to the whole world

WHO IS YOUR MANAGER

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

zoux posted:

drat, owned again.

It's just too painful for them to accept that their Daddy is nothing more than a senile old man who can't type.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

I was a Newgrounds fan. When I was between the ages of 12 and 16.

It was kinda like a Flash game and movie version of Something Awful around the same time, with a lot of really offensive content (like the aforementioned 9/11 stuff and lots of racist "anti-terrorist" shooter games during the invasion of Iraq) and hentai. Censorship was basically non-existent and might still be today. It was the quintessential edgy website for teens from the early 2000s, including making the Numa Numa video famous in 2004.

From my experience using it it was just some website for flash games with a comment section, I'm more just talking about things beyond what it is at face value. Like I dunno if supported by kiwi farms is accurate or not but if so, yikes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

It's just too painful for them to accept that their Daddy is nothing more than a senile old man who can't type.

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1072158212777000962

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

From my experience using it it was just some website for flash games with a comment section, I'm more just talking about things beyond what it is at face value. Like I dunno if supported by kiwi farms is accurate or not but if so, yikes.

I’d be surprised if the Kiwi Farms folks care on a deeper level than nostalgia for the edgy early 2000s Internet. I think Newgrounds has mostly moved past its glory days in that sense.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Besesoth posted:

FTFY.

There is absolutely a difference between "Macron was a banker at Rothschild & Cie Banque" and "Macron was a Rothschild banker"; one of them is a dogwhistle and one of them isn't. And the association between the Rothschilds and a vast Jewish New World Order is so deep-seated and so pernicious that even a Jewish man like Josh Fox can accidentally invoke it just by not thinking hard enough about the words he's using. In this era of active bigotry even at the highest levels of the most powerful government in the world, it behooves us all to be a little more careful about which hateful conspiracy theories we play into, doesn't it?

Uh this is definitely the hairsplitting the left does not need to get into, it’s just way to childish.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Necrothatcher posted:

serious question

Prefix your criticism with "I'm not anti-Semitic, but...."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Like just banning a word instead of using context is dumb. It is not hard it’s like the question with the ok sign. These people are not subtle you will know it when you see it use your loving mind people.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Imagine his reaction if Obama tweeted “covfefe”.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

No, everyone knows exactly what it means, they just say they don't so they can stay woke and still be anti-semetic at the same time. Macron having worked at a Rothschilds bank is just a happy coincidence this time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Aramoro posted:

No, everyone knows exactly what it means, they just say they don't so they can stay woke and still be anti-semetic at the same time. Macron having worked at a Rothschilds bank is just a happy coincidence this time.

Oh my god this is peak liberal woke.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

BigglesSWE posted:

Imagine his reaction if Obama tweeted “covfefe”.

You can watch it in real time. They get all over AOC for misspelling things in tweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't know how to criticize/call for the destruction of the bankers who rule the world without appearing antisemitic