Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
IDK how much of this is my judgement being clouded by my Chicago temptress gf but as a Packers fan, I wish good luck to the Bears and I look forward to seeing Titties for years to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
that game loving owned

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

ThePeavstenator posted:

IDK how much of this is my judgement being clouded by my Chicago temptress gf but as a Packers fan, I wish good luck to the Bears and I look forward to seeing Titties for years to come.

NO.

gently caress da Bears!

gently caress da Bears, FOREVER!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nah

I like when the Bears are good

It makes beating them that much more satisfying

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Nah

I like when the Bears are good

It makes beating them that much more satisfying

Can't wait til the Vikings hold the L tommorrow, so we can kick you guys in the dick and take the North at the Crib next week.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
that game was very good and I hope we clown the loving Packers next week

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

hughesta posted:

that game was very good and I hope we clown the loving Packers next week

Me too. If the Packers win that game, we're probably looking at Head Coach Joe Philbin for the next 2-3 years.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Just a reminder the Bears had 0 selections for the Probowl last year, and were the only NFC team not to send anyone.

ZERO

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

LabyaMynora posted:

Me too. If the Packers win that game, we're probably looking at Head Coach Joe Philbin for the next 2-3 years.

Go Packers

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dexo posted:

Can't wait til the Vikings hold the L tommorrow, so we can kick you guys in the dick and take the North at the Crib next week.

:hfive:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The only person who scored a touchdown tonight was a backup offensive tackle

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1071987025857966081

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

That is an unusual amount of interceptions.

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Almost if the guy behind the tinted glass has been spying for them...don't @ me. Keep an eye on the news.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://streamable.com/nwe9l

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

A black hood was then placed over his head as he was hit with a stun gun in the ribs, dragged into the back of a windowless van, driven out into the forest and left for dead in the harsh winter weather.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Hako posted:

Who is ready to watch Trubisky get bodied so hard tomorrow he starts kissing titties in heaven from his coma. Suh is gonna give him a titty twister so bad hes gonna wish he was dead.

I was not ready for this

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wait a minute, you can do this?

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1071983227924029440

Well why doesn't everyone do it?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

VJeff posted:

I've given Nagy poo poo for being terrible in game management but if he really did that on purpose, it's a great call. I remember when this happened and I was thinking "that's actually not a bad penalty, they can burn an extra 25 seconds".

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I know I ask this every week but why would a team ever trade this man?

https://twitter.com/RedLineRadio/status/1071972470658383872

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1072006748129570816?s=19

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Niwrad posted:

I've given Nagy poo poo for being terrible in game management but if he really did that on purpose, it's a great call. I remember when this happened and I was thinking "that's actually not a bad penalty, they can burn an extra 25 seconds".
All I thought is "wtf false start on a punt? hmm you don't see that every day" and nothing else.

Also seemed like he had a Belichickian rule book loophole up his sleeve on the punt swap if not for that ref getting pancaked. You're usually supposed to left the defense sub but he seemed pretty hot about it so I'm sure he found some way around it.

I usually hate the media deifying these guys as geniuses or gurus or whatever but at the very least Nagy seems like a bright fun mind and the players seem to love playing for him.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Gonz posted:

That is an unusual amount of interceptions.

Helps when opposing QBs are under near constant pressure

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

VJeff posted:

You can but if you keep on doing it, the refs can flag you for an palpably unfair act, and they get discretion over the punishment. Not to mention that it'll keep on giving the other team better field position

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

FrensaGeran posted:

I was not ready for this

The Rams defense hasn't been as scary as you'd think this year, considering they have Wade Phillips as DC and Suh, and Aaron Donald.

Niwrad posted:

Gruden bad.

American McGay posted:

Also seemed like he had a Belichickian rule book loophole up his sleeve on the punt swap if not for that ref getting pancaked. You're usually supposed to left the defense sub but he seemed pretty hot about it so I'm sure he found some way around it.

No, I'm pretty sure that even if the ref didn't get knocked down, you still need to give the other teams' defense enough time to substitute if you substitute. Refs probably didn't react right (I'm pretty sure that should have been Delay of Game on the Bears), but I'm sure future ref crews will know exactly what to do if Nagy tries that poo poo again.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

LabyaMynora posted:

The Rams defense hasn't been as scary as you'd think this year, considering they have Wade Phillips as DC and Suh, and Aaron Donald.

Gruden bad.

No, I'm pretty sure that even if the ref didn't get knocked down, you still need to give the other teams' defense enough time to substitute if you substitute. Refs probably didn't react right (I'm pretty sure that should have been Delay of Game on the Bears), but I'm sure future ref crews will know exactly what to do if Nagy tries that poo poo again.

You need to give them time, but they would have to get it communicated and get the players in. It's Unexpected. Which means rgey have less tome to settle in.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Imagine if the bears had drafted Mahomes instead of trubisky

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Niwrad posted:

With the benefit of hindsight, obviously this was not a good decision. Speaking of which...

brugroffil posted:

Imagine if the bears had drafted Mahomes instead of trubisky

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/SchroederWBAY/status/1071982789753520128

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I missed the game but that seems to be the most Bear win possible

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

The only one of those that looks like a long shot is Seattle. If the Packers sneak into the playoffs after all the recent wailing and gnashing of teeth from Pack fans...well, it'll be the most believable thing ever.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

C-Euro posted:

If the Packers sneak into the playoffs after all the recent wailing and gnashing of teeth from Pack fans...well, it'll be the most believable thing ever.

I mean either way they gonna get bodied.

Also beating the falcons isn’t exactly a back moment.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Packers making the playoffs would be bad and pointless cause they would get smoked probably

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

Packers making the playoffs would be bad and pointless cause they would get smoked probably

We have too many players on IR that we can't bring back, too, so it's not even like the team will get better down the line as it recovers from injuries

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
snacks, like all professional athletes who are competitors at the highest level, did not take kindly to some fans getting upset at the lions for not intentionally tranking:

https://twitter.com/snacks/status/1071937860637417472

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Tanking in football is rough.

Play young players who you think have potential, who might make mistakes; sure go ahead and do that

But players are out there getting hit and having what amounts to car accidents every play. Putting their bodies and livelihoods on the line every moment they are on the field. Telling them they should stop trying and lose is loving insulting as poo poo.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Speaking of tanking, I am preparing myself for my Vikings to just that tonight.

I mean, it’s be great if we win but I just don’t see it happening and even if we squeak in to the wildcard slot I just see us getting crushed in the first round.

Hope springs eternal and all that.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
not only that, but it's dangerous. not playing to your full potential can get you hurt. a half-assed tackle or giving up early on a block can get you injured.

never understood the people who wanted teams to tank, but i feel like it probably doesn't really happen at all. teams sometimes just don't play a good game, it happens.

i don't really consider it tanking unless the coach fields the third stringers at half-time or some stupid bullshit like that.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

Tanking in football is rough.

Play young players who you think have potential, who might make mistakes; sure go ahead and do that

But players are out there getting hit and having what amounts to car accidents every play. Putting their bodies and livelihoods on the line every moment they are on the field. Telling them they should stop trying and lose is loving insulting as poo poo.

Moreover, the NFL draft is not like the NBA where you need high lotto picks to get superstars in order to be competitive.

Aaron Donald is the best defensive player in football and he wasn't a top ten pick. If you draft well, it shouldn't matter.

The only position where you need a top pick is quarterback and if you need a quarterback in today's NFL, you don't need to intentionally tank. You're probably doing just fine at tanking all on your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Speaking of tanking, I am preparing myself for my Vikings to just that tonight.

I mean, it’s be great if we win but I just don’t see it happening and even if we squeak in to the wildcard slot I just see us getting crushed in the first round.

Hope springs eternal and all that.

We are going to sneak into the last wildcard because Philly won't beat the Rams, Carolina plays the Saints twice, Washington has no quarterback, and Chicago will have nothing to play for in week 17. Mack will then proceed to destroy one or more of Cousins' limbs, we will have a massive contract commitment to a permanently damaged quarterback, by the time that ends the defense will be old and bad, and making the playoffs will end up as the worst thing that could have possibly happened to us.