Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I prefer "a soupçon of the 'tizz" tyvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD
I'm autastic

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I prefer "a soupçon of the 'tizz" tyvm

An autidbit

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
i like that one overwatch gangtag for symmetra that's just "Tism Prism"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ulillillia is a severely mentally ill (and also possibly autistic?) man who spent years revealing everything about himself to the internet - then managed to improve his life, begin getting treatment, and has made real progress. He's the only person who ever became a better person as a result of internet exposure. He's a drat hero.

You know, there are actually plenty of people who have become better as a result of internet exposure. We see it all the time on a small scale here, ranging from the dude whos kid took herself to school to little things like people in SH/SC getting successful careers based on talks in there.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

RFC2324 posted:

You know, there are actually plenty of people who have become better as a result of internet exposure. We see it all the time on a small scale here, ranging from the dude whos kid took herself to school to little things like people in SH/SC getting successful careers based on talks in there.

This is true. We sent a bunch of bees and goats to bee- and goat-needing people. I feel like we've also rescued a number of people from various degrees of homelessness, and donated a lot of money to sick goons with variable success.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

dreadmojo posted:

An autidbit

Honestly surprised the mommy-blogger set doesn't already use this one

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

purple death ray posted:

Honestly surprised the mommy-blogger set doesn't already use this one

One of my parents refers to her son's ADHD/Asperger's as a "problemita" and I can't explain why it bothers me.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

One of my parents refers to her son's ADHD/Asperger's as a "problemita" and I can't explain why it bothers me.

It's problemitac.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Problemitttaaaa hold me tiiiighteerrrr, I think I'm sinkin dooown

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DicktheCat posted:

So are we gonna just ignore that this guy keeps calling the stalker poo poo a "fandom"? Like I know you called him out for stalker poo poo, but it's the use of the word "fandom" for stalking people that gets me. There should not be a fandom for a single human. That's wierd.

Sorry to bring it back up.

this is exactly what social media is for though. people put themselves out there as influencers or microbloggers. there are tons of individual, obscure people who have fan followings. it's just instead of sharing makeup tips or terrible pranks, uli writes novels about how reality can be expressed as a video game and makes videos showing his mastery over specific game systems. he's not much different from any other nerd who puts portions of his life on the internet except his life is getting objectively better over time

if you don't think it's possible for individual people to create fandoms for themselves then i'm not sure you know what millions of people use the internet for

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

luxury handset posted:

this is exactly what social media is for though. people put themselves out there as influencers or microbloggers. there are tons of individual, obscure people who have fan followings. it's just instead of sharing makeup tips or terrible pranks, uli writes novels about how reality can be expressed as a video game and makes videos showing his mastery over specific game systems. he's not much different from any other nerd who puts portions of his life on the internet except his life is getting objectively better over time

if you don't think it's possible for individual people to create fandoms for themselves then i'm not sure you know what millions of people use the internet for

Yes, it's the same, that's why every author has a wiki for themselves that has little pixel art icons detailing every single shirt they have ever been photographed wearing, which is cool and not disturbing. I'm allowed to do this because they created words and put them where I could read them, that entitles me to literally every detail about a person. I am a cool and well-adjusted adult human who believes these things. If they didn't want that kind of scrutiny they should know better than to attempt to make contact with other human beings over the internet. Once they do that their lives become my lives, and I can freely collect them. They all belong to me, as I said, a very cool and well-adjusted adult human.

He emailed me once, so he's obviously fine with it. This is normal, millions of people do this.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Sounds like he peed his pants..

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

purple death ray posted:

Yes, it's the same, that's why every author has a wiki for themselves that has little pixel art icons detailing every single shirt they have ever been photographed wearing, which is cool and not disturbing. I'm allowed to do this because they created words and put them where I could read them, that entitles me to literally every detail about a person. I am a cool and well-adjusted adult human who believes these things. If they didn't want that kind of scrutiny they should know better than to attempt to make contact with other human beings over the internet. Once they do that their lives become my lives, and I can freely collect them. They all belong to me, as I said, a very cool and well-adjusted adult human.

He emailed me once, so he's obviously fine with it. This is normal, millions of people do this.

you are super invested in trying to make me look like a stalker which is a weird thing to do when accusing someone else of being creepy

all i said was i like his books and videos and we email each other once in a while. that's it. sorry if that freaks you out

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Krankenstyle posted:

Sounds like he peed his pants..

You ain't cool unless you pee your pants.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

luxury handset posted:

you are super invested in trying to make me look like a stalker which is a weird thing to do when accusing someone else of being creepy

all i said was i like his books and videos and we email each other once in a while. that's it. sorry if that freaks you out

There’s someone in this thread who makes you look like a stalker, but it’s not purple death ray.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

luxury handset posted:

You already look like a stalker, you're super invested in trying to convince everyone you're not. You think if you keep up this "lol internet" sort of attitude long enough people will forget about it. If I am invested in anything it's not letting you normalize your stalking as if "that's what the internet is for".

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
"i will hound you to the ends of the earth without refuge or respite in order for the world to know that you, sir, are a stalker"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

purple death ray posted:

You already look like a stalker, you're super invested in trying to convince everyone you're not. You think if you keep up this "lol internet" sort of attitude long enough people will forget about it. If I am invested in anything it's not letting you normalize your stalking as if "that's what the internet is for".

The best part is every time someone calls him out the response is always some mega-generalization like "lol of course goons have a problem with reading social media"

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Stop arguing with Boner Confessor's parachute. He has always posted exactly like this, which is why he had to make the parachute lol.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lmao is that really a boner confessor alt, it all makes sense now

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

luxury handset posted:

"i will reply to your posts in a forum thread in order for the world to know that you, sir, are a stalker"
Fixed.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

lmao is that really a boner confessor alt, it all makes sense now

What did boner confessor do? How convenient that we are in the perfect thread to ask.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

All of those people died while riding in the same bus.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Fortnite takes more lives...

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

FactsAreUseless posted:

No bus, he drives for Royal now as job wise

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

FactsAreUseless posted:

Was the one dude from AI who keeps getting cars, almost fixing them, then getting high as gently caress driving?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

Was the one dude from AI who keeps getting cars, almost fixing them, then getting high as gently caress driving?

14" Dick?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

He has a name.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Eox posted:

He has a name.

14” Richard?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pick posted:

Problemitttaaaa hold me tiiiighteerrrr, I think I'm sinkin dooown

‘Cause I’m all strung out on autism, on the outskirts of town?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I'm not sure, that sounds right. I kept hearing his story in the format of him being a success story because "he got clean again, got the {jeep,truck,car} mostly working, and is on his way to meet [goon] where we will help him finish it"

last I heard it was 3 vehicles, I think. goons keep hooking dude up.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
And then dude keeps selling it, buying another piece of poo poo, falling off the wagon/sticking his dick in crazy/both, and the cycle begins anew with much whining and carrying on about how he never should've sold (most recent car) and this is the last one, guys, for real

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773374

the "I bought a truck" thread

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Ariong posted:

What did boner confessor do? How convenient that we are in the perfect thread to ask.

I, too would like to know.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

RFC2324 posted:

I'm not sure, that sounds right. I kept hearing his story in the format of him being a success story because "he got clean again, got the {jeep,truck,car} mostly working, and is on his way to meet [goon] where we will help him finish it"

last I heard it was 3 vehicles, I think. goons keep hooking dude up.

He's doing really well. He got out of the Seattle drug hellscape, and got that truck good enough to get on a trailer and down to ExplodingSims in Florida. He's getting his life together, has been clean and sober for 18 months, is living with another goon and his family, got his teeth fixed, and is in generally much better shape than he was when you probably last heard about him. The latest vehicle he and Tremek (the goon who is letting 14" live with him) fixed and flipped pulled a lot of money on Bring A Trailer.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Dannywilson posted:

He's doing really well. He got out of the Seattle drug hellscape, and got that truck good enough to get on a trailer and down to ExplodingSims in Florida. He's getting his life together, has been clean and sober for 18 months, is living with another goon and his family, got his teeth fixed, and is in generally much better shape than he was when you probably last heard about him. The latest vehicle he and Tremek (the goon who is letting 14" live with him) fixed and flipped pulled a lot of money on Bring A Trailer.

Important question: did he ever get Rosie the cat back? I have followed and lost track of so many of Dicer's threads that this is something I never found out.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Important question: did he ever get Rosie the cat back? I have followed and lost track of so many of Dicer's threads that this is something I never found out.

She was given up for adoption about 6 weeks ago. It made me sad too.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Dannywilson posted:

She was given up for adoption about 6 weeks ago. It made me sad too.

Awww. :( That was definitely not the ending I was hoping for, but at least I have closure now.

And hopefully Rosie is being spoiled rotten by whomever adopted her.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Dannywilson posted:

I think last I heard he was on that trip, and there was quite a bit of good natured cynicism about him making it. Glad he did and its all working out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

14" Dick's journey through frozen wastes to find and redeem himself while almost fixing a bombed-out truck is legit one of the real feel-good stories of the forums. I'm so glad he's managed to pull together so far.