Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CuddleCryptid posted:

Trump said that? But...that's not how currency works.

If that actually came true then Asian countries would rule the universe because USD and Euros would be worthless

he said trade wouldn't be fair until all currencies had equal value. and that it's gonna happen sooner than people think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

evilweasel posted:

the only likely scenarios seem to be:

1) no-deal brexit
2) new referendum, with the only options as may's deal or remain.

maybe #2 is between no-deal brexit and remain instead/

The big issue is that the EU want this wrapped up before the European elections in April. Apparently another ref vote would take about 5months to set up. So that doesnt really fall in line.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

CuddleCryptid posted:

Trump said that? But...that's not how currency works.

If that actually came true then Asian countries would rule the universe because USD and Euros would be worthless

New scheme to rip off Trumpers, convince them to drop the dinar and buy yen instead.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Who could have seen this coming?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

The big issue is that the EU want this wrapped up before the European elections in April. Apparently another ref vote would take about 5months to set up. So that doesnt really fall in line.

i mean i'm certainly not an expert on the subject, but i gotta think that people could squeeze the timeline on setting up a new referendum

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

aware of dog posted:

Some people really like those rectangular pizzas. God only knows why.

Kids pallets are dumb and undeveloped and loving love salty overly flavored grease. Those lovely pizzas are engineered to exploit every aspect of a kids brain.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Crain posted:

Kids pallets are dumb and undeveloped and loving love salty overly flavored grease. Those lovely pizzas are engineered to exploit every aspect of a kids brain.

I remember we also had the fun of blotting them with napkins to gross each other out with how greasy they were, so I guess they maybe count as an activity too

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

so the new antisemitic thing on twitter is to use the grey alien emoji as shorthand for jew. very cool.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Crow Jane posted:

I remember we also had the fun of blotting them with napkins to gross each other out with how greasy they were, so I guess they maybe count as an activity too

grade school with ulillillia

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

evilweasel posted:

i mean i'm certainly not an expert on the subject, but i gotta think that people could squeeze the timeline on setting up a new referendum

Process excuses are lies or misdirections 100% of the time.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

so the new antisemitic thing on twitter is to use the grey alien emoji as shorthand for jew. very cool.

Source? Not casting doubt but I want to be armed if I come across it.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Groovelord Neato posted:

Very legal and very cool!

Really though, once if gets that weird and hard for an outsider to divine what is even the point

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

teen witch posted:

Source? Not casting doubt but I want to be armed if I come across it.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I do not like that I live in a world where I have an obligation to keep up on the latest half-assed attempts by cryptofascists to remain secret.

Thanks for letting us know.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Very legal and very cool!

Really though, once if gets that weird and hard for an outsider to divine what is even the point

I believe the idea is that outsiders aren't supposed to pick up on it, and if they do, it can be denied. Like the Ok hand symbol, milk, and Pepe before it.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ah, I’m on mobile and missed it. Thanks for the depressing heads up.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

CuddleCryptid posted:

Pretty sure that I can remember that it happened and how important it was without having to relive the audio every time I open the thread

Really glad I never checked out that audio now.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I do not like that I live in a world where I have an obligation to keep up on the latest half-assed attempts by cryptofascists to remain secret.

Thanks for letting us know.

Generally you can tell by context though. It's always about jews, so just replace any weird stuff with "jew" and see if it fits.

It's Mad Libs that make you want to cry

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Lol DOW down another 500, for the like 4th straight day of huge losses.

E: Down 1,900 points over the last 5 days. Yikes

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

cr0y posted:

Lol DOW down another 500, for the like 4th straight day of huge losses.

E: Down 1,900 points over the last 5 days. Yikes

A tenth of the dow has turned to ash in a week, rofl

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction

People who legit think Pewdiepie is some kind of secret nazi are stupid as hell. The dude just makes jokes and meme videos, and he only does that because he got bored with video games.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

People who legit think Pewdiepie is some kind of secret nazi are stupid as hell. The dude just makes jokes and meme videos, and he only does that because he got bored with video games.

He really isn’t secretive about the being a racist thing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

He doesn't have to be a nazi, if he's blithely tolerant of nazis or truly doesn't recognize them when he sees them that's equally bad.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DoombatINC posted:

A tenth of the dow has turned to ash in a week, rofl

not yet a tenth

we'll probably hit that soonish though, wall street seems really resistant to understanding just how monumentally dumb trump is

it's gonna be interesting what happens to a president who was historically unpopular in a good economy has a recession that is pretty clearly his fault

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Pewdiepie sockpuppet account spotted

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah anyone who thinks it's a secret is p dumb

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Anyone who accidentally drops the hard R in public does it all the time in their head.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CuddleCryptid posted:

Anyone who accidentally drops the hard R in public does it all the time in their head.

the literal only way you could ever accidentally drop a hard r without being a tremendous racist who uses the word casually in contexts you think are more private is if you are absentmindedly singing along to a song that includes it

even then you'd better not have slept in a week or something

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Trump has publicly been a snake oil salesman grifter for at least 30 years and these Wall Street idiots are just now thinking he might not know poo poo about trade negotiations.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah anyone who thinks it's a secret is p dumb

Basically all I know about the guy is he's annoying, plays video games and is a racist

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

evilweasel posted:

not yet a tenth

we'll probably hit that soonish though, wall street seems really resistant to understanding just how monumentally dumb trump is

it's gonna be interesting what happens to a president who was historically unpopular in a good economy has a recession that is pretty clearly his fault

At the current rate of attrition, we've got just enough time to print and distribute "DOW 13,500" hats

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

teen witch posted:

He really isn’t secretive about the being a racist thing.

He expressly denies it all the time. What is he doing, using reverse psychology?

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

He expressly denies it all the time. What is he doing, using reverse psychology?

So do Republicans.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1072135758453051392?s=21

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i claim to be interested in working out when asked, yet if you were to analyze my actions you'd find in the last month i have done exactly ten situps and no other fitness activities

i would say i am not being secretive about actually being a lazy rear end, even though i deny it

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

"I'm not a racist, I just don't like Jews or black people. That doesn't make me a racist" - Something we've heard multiple times this year from GOP members.

Pewdiepie hangs out known racists with and visits racist websites. He's a racist.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but racists often deny being racists!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but racists often deny being racists!

No no no no see he’s just being realistic about racism. Like some some sort of a racial...realist.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

haveblue posted:

He doesn't have to be a nazi, if he's blithely tolerant of nazis or truly doesn't recognize them when he sees them that's equally bad.

Can you not see that this is an extremely unreasonable conclusion? I mean, we want people to use better judgment and to be more careful, but to claim they are just as bad as "nazis?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Everybody knows the only way to be racist is to say "I am racist, I hate people because of their race."

And then have the statement stamped by a notary public.