Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

iSimian posted:

Who is that lady that spoke about Aslan Boris? Why dont you guys make her PM instead?

she's jess phillips

and

Looke posted:

jess phillips is such a dull oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ukip is pretty much dead right? who might leavers defect to if the tories back down

UKIP are dead but Boris and Farage have been caught out in a pub together in the last fortnight. So I'd imagine it'd be New UKIP But Without Racists Like Carl of Swindon and Count Dankula. They'd instantly be the third largest party in the HoC, and have a populist platform to stand on at the inevitable general election that followed a Tory split. There'd be a lot of egos, but these people are true believers when it comes to leaving the EU despite it being genuinely mental.

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!
Oh. Another question: Is there any order in the speaking here? It seems everryone jumps up at the same time and the Speaker just picks willy nilly.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

iSimian posted:

Oh. Another question: Is there any order in the speaking here? It seems everryone jumps up at the same time and the Speaker just picks willy nilly.

The Speaker can pick whomever rises to show they want to ask something but generally it'll be one from the opposition bench then one from the government bench and back again. And he likes to pick speakers who don't just turn up for big occasions but are very active in the house.

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!

forkboy84 posted:

The Speaker can pick whomever rises to show they want to ask something but generally it'll be one from the opposition bench then one from the government bench and back again. And he likes to pick speakers who don't just turn up for big occasions but are very active in the house.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Obliterati posted:

Back when that Dankula guy had taught his dog Nazi salutes Pie backed him on the grounds of 'left are the real Nazis' and 'solidarity between comedians', which was very suspicious because I was a (unfunny) comedian at the time in the very small and insular Scottish scene and nobody I gigged with had ever even heard of the Nazi pug guy let alone seen him do comedy

this is an unpleasant suprise, I unsubbed because it turned out a character whose whole deal is shouty ranting gets tiring (except for Matt Christman of course) but never in a thousand years would I have imagined him swanning about with these turds

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
NYT has a story up laying out the options going forward, including this handy diagram:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/12/10/world/europe/may-brexit-vote-deal-fail.html

FMguru has issued a correction as of 18:26 on Dec 10, 2018

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Seems like absolutely no one is on May's side? Or are only the opposition asking questions?

on the other hand she truly took the "maybe the truth is in the middle" with a completely untenable compromise, but one that she hopes a majority cannot never backstab her at once

outy
Aug 27, 2004

not a cult posted:

this is an unpleasant suprise, I unsubbed because it turned out a character whose whole deal is shouty ranting gets tiring (except for Matt Christman of course) but never in a thousand years would I have imagined him swanning about with these turds

Was nice seeing the pug-guy put a Sky News reporter in his place though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-je9MrShCA

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FMguru posted:

NYT has a story up laying out the options going forward, including this handy diagram:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/12/10/world/europe/may-brexit-vote-deal-fail.html

oh my god the frowny face is part of the graphic and not a joke

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Brexit introduced me to the Speaker of the House Bercow, who I appreciate. Anytime he tells someone to calm themselves with a medicament, I feel all is right.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Aye, however bad parliament is, it will be worse without bercow

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
:tif:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am progressively not seeing any way out of this for Britain outside of a giant "nevermind"

I also find it annoying that people like Farage and Cameron can be the ones who got the UK into this mess and then not even have to deal with it

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

forkboy84 posted:

UKIP are dead but Boris and Farage have been caught out in a pub together in the last fortnight. So I'd imagine it'd be New UKIP But Without Racists Like Carl of Swindon and Count Dankula. They'd instantly be the third largest party in the HoC, and have a populist platform to stand on at the inevitable general election that followed a Tory split. There'd be a lot of egos, but these people are true believers when it comes to leaving the EU despite it being genuinely mental.

Wasnt ukip already bnp But Not Racist

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
goddamn this is better than the super bowl

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

goddamn this is better than the super bowl

rename thread to "Brexit: Thread for laughing at Torries" similar to https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3848350

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

FMguru posted:

lmao this is so wrong

here, here are the actual options

maybe she could try and pretend the recent amendments aren't a thing and she can simply do what she likes without consulting parliament, but the prime minister can't really just do that, and she doesn't have a majority or any political skill so it'd be bloody and quick

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
god to be a fly on the wall in Jeremy Corbyn’s office right now

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Spangly A posted:

lmao this is so wrong

here, here are the actual options

maybe she could try and pretend the recent amendments aren't a thing and she can simply do what she likes without consulting parliament, but the prime minister can't really just do that, and she doesn't have a majority or any political skill so it'd be bloody and quick

If she refuses to step down does that mean that the queen has to tell her to step aside? :laugh:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

If she refuses to step down does that mean that the queen has to tell her to step aside? :laugh:

can the queen do that thing where she has her beheaded?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Won't happen. I mean legally it could but it definitely won't. Government will just stumble on until we No Deal Brexit out of the EU and into a total loving disaster. And then as soon as that happens the Tory MPs will get their knives out.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Is that the situation that lead to that one time the queen's governor or whatever of australia had to actually do something that once?

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Theresa May looks out at the Commons and sputters, “The Brexit’s been...jammed! Ew, raspberry! Only one man would give me the raspberry! *mask falls down* CORBYN!”

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

hobbesmaster posted:

Is that the situation that lead to that one time the queen's governor or whatever of australia had to actually do something that once?

they lost a prime minister, its a miracle the crown hasn't had to intervene more

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

Theresa May looks out at the Commons and sputters, “The Brexit’s been...jammed! Ew, raspberry! Only one man would give me the raspberry! *mask falls down* CORBYN!”

THE ABSOLUTE JAM MAN WITH A STEEL CHAIR

BAH GAWD WHAT A MANEUVER

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

it’s gonna be no deal, folks

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9CQscwXBt0&t=3m15s

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the fire rises

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

its genuinely amazing to watch a democracy go on a two year death march to annihilation over an ever growing unwillingness to call a bluff

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

hobbesmaster posted:

The CIA had the Australian prime minister removed from office. Weird but true

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Saw some photos on BBC of people burning the EU flag....I don't understand the psyche of the British right now. Like, fine, you want out of the EU but what did they do precisely that made you mad enough to burn their flag?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Glenn Quebec posted:

Saw some photos on BBC of people burning the EU flag....I don't understand the psyche of the British right now. Like, fine, you want out of the EU but what did they do precisely that made you mad enough to burn their flag?

As in recently or are they stock photos?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

hobbesmaster posted:

As in recently or are they stock photos?

You know, I couldn't say. I assumed recent.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Glenn Quebec posted:

They're foreigners who refuse to bow to us

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Glenn Quebec posted:

Evil undemocratic Brussels are stopping us from buying bananas which are not bendy. Oh and also they are stopping us from buying powerful enough vacuum cleaners.

These are actual complaints of Brexiteers.

forkboy84 has issued a correction as of 21:30 on Dec 10, 2018

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
They should make the people in parliament wear wigs again, but not classical powdered wigs, but silly clownish wigs

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Britain is a fallen empire that's completely convinced that it will one day rise again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Glenn Quebec posted:

A significant number of us are angry retards