Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Ultimate Good Boy dog guards the location of his owners house for a month after it burned down in the fires.

For roughly month after the Camp Fire tore through Paradise, nearly completely burning it to the ground, Andrea Gaylord’s male Anatolian shepherd mix Madison reportedly refused to leave her property, ABC-affiliate KXTV reported. Gaylord hadn’t been able to reach her home before evacuating to bring him with her. Madison, an outdoor guard dog who’d been missing, was discovered at the property after a woman with the animal rescue organization K9 Paw Print Rescue checked in on the dog at Gaylord’s request.

Shayla Sullivan, the woman who helped locate Madison and his brother Miguel—who was found some 85 miles away in Citrus Heights—spotted him several times but “knew he took his job seriously and wasn’t going to be an easy catch,” Sullivan wrote on Facebook last week. Instead, in addition to leaving him food and water, she said she put out an article of clothing that smelled like his mom and left it at the site “to keep Madison’s hope alive until his people could return.”

video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIKAk7qd-xU
article link: https://gizmodo.com/good-boy-who-survived-the-campfire-guarded-his-family-s-1830969207

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Jon_Christian/status/1071098663248822273

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Tendai posted:

Mina just manages to have a face that is somehow at the same time both dignified and doofy

Honestly that's something that many dogs are surprisingly capable of pulling off

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

I bought some dry cat food and a bunch of tuna cans and have been feeding it twice a day. I can't approach the cat at all or it runs away but it's a nice feeling knowing it's full. It really is a fluffy and pretty cat.

Are you trying to tame this feral cat to make it your pet, or just make sure it's fed?

Taming ferals takes weeks or months, in my experience. And some of them will never really like people. It's a slow process. Start by leaving food and going out of their sight. Escalate to staying in sight while the cat eats. Escalate further by bringing the food closer to you, until they're eating right next to you and the cat trusts you enough to touch them. You'll probably get scratched more than a few times, so, fair warning. Before long, it'll be calling for you at dinner time.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm just feeding it to feed it. But it gets scared when I go to open the backdoor to put food out. Like it runs up a fence to the neighbor's house and just watches me from a high up perch. Judging me.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yep. Cat, all right.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

If you live in a place where temps get to freezing or lower, look online for instructions on making a cat shelter so your visitor has access to a warm, dry place to rest. I'm at work or I'd look them up myself.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Eh it's San Francisco it's like 60 degrees every day

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Instant Jellyfish posted:

What did you DOOO

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

dismas posted:

What did you DOOO

IJ has deeply disappointed that doggo and the only remedy is a great deal of hugs and ear scritches.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Her head has a ridiculous amount of loose skin so she always looks so morose. I like to squish all her face skin over her eyes while she wiggles with delight.

The grump face started early.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Her head has a ridiculous amount of loose skin so she always looks so morose. I like to squish all her face skin over her eyes while she wiggles with delight.

It looks like she's constantly thinking about what to protect next

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

She's come a long way from being a potato:3::kimchi:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/WlLDNATURE/status/1066413809927999488

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

I have no idea why it's so goddamn cute when sealife enjoys cuddles and pets and playing with people.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

PurpleXVI posted:

I have no idea why it's so goddamn cute when sealife enjoys cuddles and pets and playing with people.

A classic data point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS_6-IwMPjM

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

My Lab is like this--he's very squishy and very tolerant of me messing with his face, mostly because I give him hugs afterwards. He doesn't jump up on me anymore cause he's too old, but he likes to bury his face in my chest and kinda lean against me.

He is a Very Good Boy.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

PurpleXVI posted:

I bet being in the sea water all day gets ichy, and they need some scratchin's.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

emo cow

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Mu Zeta posted:

emoo cow

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

My Lab is like this--he's very squishy and very tolerant of me messing with his face, mostly because I give him hugs afterwards. He doesn't jump up on me anymore cause he's too old, but he likes to bury his face in my chest and kinda lean against me.

He is a Very Good Boy.

Your dog's got nothing on basset hounds.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Cross-posting from Idiots on Social Media:

RainbowCake posted:

I have a friend who's obsessed with opossums and this is my favourite thing she's ever posted

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/Kekeflipnote/status/1072259908660330497

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

This is my cat Mr Chibs and I'm posting him here because he's old and grouchy and his fur is still soft as cotton and I smoosh my face into it every chance I get. He lives on a variety of cushions, blankets and baskets (and whatever my favourite garden plant is). Excuse his collar it's always scruffy he goes through like 5 a year so sometimes he looks stylish and sometimes he looks like he's come from an 80's nostalgia rave. His favourite food is cardboard, buttons & fish and refuses to eat anything else. Also he's a dirty old pervert and when he's sitting on a woman's lap he'll often oh so casually stretch a paw out and grope a boob.

Edit: I want to smoosh my face into every soft fluffy thing I see and every time the guy walking the huge fluffy dog goes past the house it kills me that I can't. (don't know him well enough and likely doesn't want my greasy face in his dog's perfectly fluffy amazing cloud fur).

Tambaloneus has a new favorite as of 01:40 on Dec 11, 2018

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/MeanwhileinCana/status/1072218177269043200

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

He is a Very Good Boy.

I used to know a guy with a pair of colossal Dalmations who were not shy at all about wanting pets that way. They'd just walk up to and lean against you, and if you were against a wall then you were going anywhere until you had petted them to their satisfaction. And it wouldn't be just one of them doing that, those two would do it to you at the same time.

A truly fiendish trap.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/AHappierDay/status/1072307735604183041

Little Bee Stockings :3:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/mofnekoclub/status/1072283835633561600

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/15Vj7TP.gifv

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Confirmation that Eddie Izzard was right, though, and beekeepers are more than a little odd.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
https://twitter.com/Bodegacats_/status/1072469478674522113?s=19

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Tambaloneus posted:

His favourite food is cardboard, buttons & fish and refuses to eat anything else. Also he's a dirty old pervert and when he's sitting on a woman's lap he'll often oh so casually stretch a paw out and grope a boob.

Suddenly I just got nostalgic for my grandpa. :(

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Confirmation that Eddie Izzard was right, though, and beekeepers are more than a little odd.

Well, you'd be odd too if nobody wanted to talk to you 'cause you're covered in beeeeeees!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Tambaloneus posted:

This is my cat Mr Chibs and I'm posting him here because he's old and grouchy and his fur is still soft as cotton and I smoosh my face into it every chance I get. He lives on a variety of cushions, blankets and baskets (and whatever my favourite garden plant is). Excuse his collar it's always scruffy he goes through like 5 a year so sometimes he looks stylish and sometimes he looks like he's come from an 80's nostalgia rave. His favourite food is cardboard, buttons & fish and refuses to eat anything else. Also he's a dirty old pervert and when he's sitting on a woman's lap he'll often oh so casually stretch a paw out and grope a boob.

Edit: I want to smoosh my face into every soft fluffy thing I see and every time the guy walking the huge fluffy dog goes past the house it kills me that I can't. (don't know him well enough and likely doesn't want my greasy face in his dog's perfectly fluffy amazing cloud fur).

This looks like a very very good catte

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It occurs to me that I've never had an orange cat. I should fix that someday.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It occurs to me that I've never had an orange cat. I should fix that someday.

You absolutely should. Orange cats and black cats are the best cats.

Source: Have owned both kinds, and other colors of cat as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nTR_9-Irrs