Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

i sometimes use the 'picks for you' and 'upcoming' in radarr and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
When I try that on my install I immediately get an error in the logs complaining about being unable to deserialize some JSON data that seems to be coming from a HTTP request, so yeah, it looks like whatever web service it's pulling from is no longer returning the expected data.

Based on trace logs it seems to be pulling from https://api.radarr.video/v2/discovery/upcoming which does return valid JSON, so I have no idea what's wrong. The error doesn't entirely make sense to me because I'm not familiar with .Net and the JSON library being used here.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Mono/Linux? If so, is curl installed?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

astral posted:

Mono/Linux? If so, is curl installed?

Yes, Ubuntu 18.04 with curl 7.58.0

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Can i mass start downloads of all "wanted" projects in Radarr? I know i can do it in Sonarr (i think? i cant find it now, maybe i dreamt it up), but can't find a way to initiate it in Radarr if it exists.

Edit: Or at least have it start a task to check for missing items and begin downloading them, i know it does this with newly released stuff at least.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 25, 2018

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Search All button?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Heners_UK posted:

Search All button?

Where is that supposed to be? Mine might be different since its the Docker version.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Dongattack posted:

Where is that supposed to be? Mine might be different since its the Docker version.

Should be in the Wanted page. Everything that exists but not downloaded should appear there.

Edit: Oh, monitored status matters too. If it’s not monitored it will never check for it.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 26, 2018

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Should be in the Wanted page. Everything that exists but not downloaded should appear there.

Edit: Oh, monitored status matters too. If it’s not monitored it will never check for it.

Ah yeah, there it all is, thank you!

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Anyone here using sonarr v3? Daily driver yet?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ooh I didn't know there was a new major version in the pipeline, something to read up on!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I'm having a loving weird and convoluted audio problem that i traced back to one specific movie that i run in Plex.

Ok so, i have my computer upstairs and i stream it via wired connection to the Steam Link i have downstairs to the projector room from my Synology NAS. Everything is fine (apart from the occasional jank), but today i tried to watch a new movie and every few seconds to minute the sound of the entire computer will cut off and i have to restart the stream to get it back, but if i try to play the movie it goes silent again. Every other Plex media works perfectly.

I tried updating audio drivers & plex, the only irregularity i can find is that this movie's audio is AC3 5.1 (whatever that is, compresssed 5.1 or something?) and as far as i can tell i don't have anything else with that kind of audio.

Anyone had a similar problem?
Could it be the audio format?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
It would be very unusual for that to be the only file you have in that format, AC3 5.1 is the standard "Dolby Surround" format used in television and home movie formats. Basically anything with surround sound that doesn't otherwise call out a specific higher-res format is AC3.

That said if somehow that is actually the case, look in your player software for options regarding "bitstreaming" audio and change that, see if it makes a difference. What that means is the computer passes the raw audio stream from the media straight to your receiver rather than decoding it internally. This used to be a big deal for AC3 and still matters for some higher-end formats like Atmos, but it makes audio issues more likely (especially if playing content not synced with the display).

I don't know if Steam Link even does bitstreaming, I've never tried watching a movie through mine, but if it does it's a plausible cause for your problem.

edit: Also there is a native Kodi port for Steam Link, so you could just install that and the PlexKodi plugin and skip your PC as an intermediary in the first place.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 29, 2018

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

wolrah posted:

It would be very unusual for that to be the only file you have in that format, AC3 5.1 is the standard "Dolby Surround" format used in television and home movie formats. Basically anything with surround sound that doesn't otherwise call out a specific higher-res format is AC3.

That said if somehow that is actually the case, look in your player software for options regarding "bitstreaming" audio and change that, see if it makes a difference. What that means is the computer passes the raw audio stream from the media straight to your receiver rather than decoding it internally. This used to be a big deal for AC3 and still matters for some higher-end formats like Atmos, but it makes audio issues more likely (especially if playing content not synced with the display).

I don't know if Steam Link even does bitstreaming, I've never tried watching a movie through mine, but if it does it's a plausible cause for your problem.

edit: Also there is a native Kodi port for Steam Link, so you could just install that and the PlexKodi plugin and skip your PC as an intermediary in the first place.

Hmm, yeah you're right. I looked a bit more in my fairly large library and found one more that also is AC3 and there are no issues playing that. There must be something wrong with this particular file. Wish i knew what the problem was so i could avoid it. I couldn't find anything about bitstreaming or anything that sounded like that in the Plex options.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, i have no idea what's up with this movie/file. I have downloaded it 5 times now from different indexers and different file sizes/files, tried having Plex optimize it for TV to see if that changed anything, downloaded it to my computer to play it from there (still via Steam Link tho) and every time it kills all sound. Every other file is fine. Just gonna wait for a totally different version to pop up or for it to start happening with something else too.

Edit: oh its something to do with my home cinema speaker system, when i click buttons like "Movie, Game, Cinema Studio, Concert Hall" etc the sound comes back
edit2: it stopped happening halfway through the film, problem solved i guess, sorry to whomever googles this like 2 years from now expecting a solution

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 1, 2018

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Dongattack posted:

problem solved i guess, sorry to whomever googles this like 2 years from now expecting a solution

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Dongattack posted:

Hmm, yeah you're right. I looked a bit more in my fairly large library and found one more that also is AC3 and there are no issues playing that. There must be something wrong with this particular file. Wish i knew what the problem was so i could avoid it. I couldn't find anything about bitstreaming or anything that sounded like that in the Plex options.

My rule of thumb anymore is if it doesn't play right with Plex scrap it. It's not worth screwing around and the potential to really screw things up outweighs the needs of the one.

Of course I'm still traumatized with the days of codec packs and other crap. So I might be biased.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Colostomy Bag posted:

My rule of thumb anymore is if it doesn't play right with Plex scrap it. It's not worth screwing around and the potential to really screw things up outweighs the needs of the one.

Of course I'm still traumatized with the days of codec packs and other crap. So I might be biased.

Yeah, that sounds like a good rule. Only reason i dived in so deep was cause i didn't (don't) understand the problem and cause i really loving wanted to watch the movie. Also lol at that comic, i've googled so many problems over the years and found so many threads where the last post is "fixed it" that i really REALLY try to bring at least some conclusion to my tech issues posts.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I can't search for new shows in Sonarr, i just get a generic "There Was An Error Searching For 'x'.
If the series title contains non-alphanumeric characters try removing them, otherwise try your search again later."

Downloading new episodes and etc works perfectly and Radarr is not having any problems. I just can't add new shows. Anyone else having issues? I can't find a site with information from the devs either, the wiki and forum links in Sonarr lead to dead sites and the twitter hasn't seen any activity in over a year.

I'm running it via Docker on my NAS.

derk
Sep 24, 2004

Dongattack posted:

I can't search for new shows in Sonarr, i just get a generic "There Was An Error Searching For 'x'.
If the series title contains non-alphanumeric characters try removing them, otherwise try your search again later."

Downloading new episodes and etc works perfectly and Radarr is not having any problems. I just can't add new shows. Anyone else having issues? I can't find a site with information from the devs either, the wiki and forum links in Sonarr lead to dead sites and the twitter hasn't seen any activity in over a year.

have you tried tvdb: x where x = tvdb show id number?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

derk posted:

have you tried tvdb: x where x = tvdb show id number?

I don't understand any of that :negative:

derk
Sep 24, 2004

Dongattack posted:

I don't understand any of that :negative:

look up show on thetvdb.com, said show will have a id number listed on its page, copy that number, go to sonarr, add new series, type in tvdb: xxxxx x's= show id number you copied from shows page on thetvdb.com

example:
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/lost

TheTVDB.com Series ID 73739

derk fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 10, 2018

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

derk posted:

look up show on thetvdb.com, said show will have a id number listed on its page, copy that number, go to sonarr, add new series, type in tvdb: xxxxx x's= show id number you copied from shows page on thetvdb.com

example:
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/lost

TheTVDB.com Series ID 73739

Ah yes, it works when i do that. What could be the problem?

edit: nvm now everything works, err WEIRD. Thanks a lot for helping. Maybe it just needed a kick?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Dongattack posted:

No issues here, and I also use the docker on a NAS. In terms of devs, there is one on the /r/plex discord.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Sub Rosa posted:

No issues here, and I also use the docker on a NAS. In terms of devs, there is one on the /r/plex discord.

Ah thank you, i'll start hanging out there.

And yeah, everything works again now after i searched once with the id like derk suggested, searching by name magically works again.

derk
Sep 24, 2004

Dongattack posted:

edit: nvm now everything works, err WEIRD. Thanks a lot for helping. Maybe it just needed a kick?

this is how i add all my new shows, sometimes i dont know which show is correct until i see it on thetvdb.com and verify with person wanting said show confirms that show is indeed correct one. it is quicker, and error free that way IMO.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dongattack posted:

When in doubt, blame TVDB.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Dongattack posted:

I had that issue a week ago, thexem.de was having problems (or I was having problems connecting to thexem :shrug:). If it happens again, through your logs and google strings that seem important, or post the failure bit to /r/sonarr

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Oh that also reminds me that I had some issues when my provider's ipv6 went down, and when I just completely disabled ipv6 on my NAS everything started working again. So that is something else to remember to include in troubleshooting flow.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Is dognzb down or is it because i took too long to turn my trial account in a full one?

edit: its down

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 12, 2018

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Dongattack posted:

Is dognzb down or is it because i took too long to turn my trial account in a full one?

edit: its down

still down

Troxartas fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 17, 2018

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Ok. Help me unwrap this in my brain.

I've got Sonarr looking at NZBHydra 0.2.231. I'm using their general indexers plus 2 others. (NZBCat and NZBs.org)

I ask Sonarr to look for an anime. It doesn't find anything. I manually look in NZBHydra and it comes up.

:confused:

I've got 5070 in the Anime Categories field in Sonarr. Obviously the indexer has the right stuff so I'm confused why it isn't showing up.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Irritated Goat posted:

Ok. Help me unwrap this in my brain.

I've got Sonarr looking at NZBHydra 0.2.231. I'm using their general indexers plus 2 others. (NZBCat and NZBs.org)

I ask Sonarr to look for an anime. It doesn't find anything. I manually look in NZBHydra and it comes up.

:confused:

I've got 5070 in the Anime Categories field in Sonarr. Obviously the indexer has the right stuff so I'm confused why it isn't showing up.

Have you selected "Series Type: Anime" in Sonarr on the anime itself? Hit the wrench like icon and look under Series Type.
Or did you mean that you can't find any animes when you try to add a new series?

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 17, 2018

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Dongattack posted:

Have you selected "Series Type: Anime" in Sonarr on the anime itself? Hit the wrench like icon and look under Series Type.
Or did you mean that you can't find any animes when you try to add a new series?

Series type is set to Anime when I search for an individual episode. I can add them as series and set tags for specific subgroups and such.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Then i don't know what's up, sorry.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
What happens when you manually search within Sonarr?

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

What happens when you manually search within Sonarr?

It goes through the usual motions of searching then just acts as if there wasn't anything that matched. I do get errors on some but it's the Absolute numbering being off.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Irritated Goat posted:

It goes through the usual motions of searching then just acts as if there wasn't anything that matched. I do get errors on some but it's the Absolute numbering being off.

You probably need mappings for the show's naming/numbering added to XEM then.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Irritated Goat posted:

Different indexers put anime in different groupings. 5070 is most common, but on some you end up with like 4010 and others. Go to the indexer and click on each anime category/subcategory and look at the URL to see what category it's in, then add those to the sonarr config.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
So what's the deal with dognzb now?
It seemed to be down for like a week and when i log in on my trial account now it just goes straight to the buy membership screen. I'm not super experienced with this, you have to pretend to buy a t-shirt, it was down for a pretty long while and some of the latest posts i can find ITT about dog complains about how they are lovely with their membership stuff.