Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Cannot believe dog Martin practices what can only be termed slavery in his ownership of Eddie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

*finger hovers over CLOSE THREAD button*

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Cannot believe dog Martin practices what can only be termed slavery in his ownership of Eddie.

It's a real Goofy and Pluto situation.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Missed opportunity for a little naked man on Martin Cranine's lap.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

*finger hovers over CLOSE THREAD button*

If Star Trek: Frasierer didn't do it, nothing will

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I really wanna see a new Crane Brothers Mystery.

"Muuuuuuuuuuuurder!"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

If Star Trek: Frasierer didn't do it, nothing will

I treasure that video.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Freddy, in general, was deeply unnecessary as an on-screen character. He would have been infinitely more entertaining as a name in Frasier's mouth.
actually the spelling bee episode is one of the best in the series

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sudonim posted:

actually the spelling bee episode is one of the best in the series

"He'll end up at a state school"
"Can you take him?! Then spell his rear end off!"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Nah it's more like a human keeping a monkey as a pet

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Solice Kirsk posted:

I really wanna see a new Crane Brothers Mystery.

"Muuuuuuuuuuuurder!"

You mean the Nancy Boys

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

i am WOUNDED

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Sir Lemming posted:

IIRC (probably from this thread) it was more that there were different showrunners/writers at that point, but for the final season the original team came back, and they were all like "screw that idea"

Yeah, which is why that season starts with Roz saying that she is absolutely not in love with Frasier because if there was something there it would’ve happened when they slept together a season or so ago

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What are the good christmas episodes?

I remember the season 1 one being fantatic.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

algebra testes posted:

What are the good christmas episodes?

I remember the season 1 one being fantatic.

Basically all of them. Although I guess the ones from season 8 & 10 aren't really up to par.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The best is Mrs Moskowitz, but they’re all good

The rashomon xmas one stands out

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Sir Lemming posted:

Basically all of them. Although I guess the ones from season 8 & 10 aren't really up to par.

"High Holidays" is season 11 and its still amazing

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

420 Gank Mid posted:

"High Holidays" is season 11 and its still amazing

Hence I didn't include it. Also nice username/post combo

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

It's basically timeless that Frasier thinks he can walk into Daphne's room to snoop for poo poo.

A series both poignant and prescient.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The episode about Daphne’s privacy where the Crane men keep sneaking into her room while she is naked or in the shower or some poo poo is the worst non-Daphne’s mom episode and I skip it every time. It’s just weird and gross and even for being from the 90’s it has this weird air of slavery/sexism.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

It's about how the Crane men are all just idiot boys, lmao. Can I guess that you were an only child

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
do people really just hang out in suits all the time?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You do see Frasier in casual clothes every now and again, it's a little jarring. But I'm pretty sure for Frasier and Niles, especially since they're practicing psychiatrists (Niles for most of the show run anyway) it's pretty normal for them even without getting into how they're massive snobs. That and they can probably afford comfortable tailoring.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Foreskin Problems posted:

It's about how the Crane men are all just idiot boys, lmao. Can I guess that you were an only child

But the “joke” is Daphne keeps saying “please respect my privacy” and then they HA HA ignore her! That’s the whole joke, it’s repeatedly played for laughs, I think there’s an underwear gag. I get it, I get why the writers would think it was funny, it’s probably my only real miss in the first 8 seasons, but that episode isn’t funny (to me).

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Les Os posted:

People used to just wear suits in the house

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bust Rodd posted:

But the “joke” is Daphne keeps saying “please respect my privacy” and then they HA HA ignore her! That’s the whole joke, it’s repeatedly played for laughs, I think there’s an underwear gag. I get it, I get why the writers would think it was funny, it’s probably my only real miss in the first 8 seasons, but that episode isn’t funny (to me).

I think it's pretty funny

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Les Os posted:

I've heard that a big reason for private school uniforms is getting kids used to wearing uncomfortable clothing all the time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You'd think they'd be borderline on the spectrum or something, which just adds to the joke that they're psychiatrists who just can't get their poo poo together.

I still find the bit where Martin is arguing with Frasier and Niles over how they can't stand his girlfriends, and Niles eventually retorts that Martin could never stand Lillith or Maris either, and eventually they all realise that their mother was the only person who got along equally with Martin and his sons and just feel sad and try to be more understanding of each other. It explains a lot that it's a family that's lost their keystone.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
You know what? I just thought of something. For a while there your daughters-in-law were Maris and Lilith. Whoa, Happy Thanksgiving!

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

You know what? I just thought of something. For a while there your daughters-in-law were Maris and Lilith. Whoa, Happy Thanksgiving!

This is a key factor in my unproduced screenplay Crane Boys: Origins.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Bust Rodd posted:

If I remember right there's also a really weird gag where Daphne says all her brothers, except for the gay one dancer, shared a common coming-of-age moment of peeping on Daphne in the shower. It's doubly-gross with "...wait, her brothers got up to peeping her in the shower?" and the "lol gay" joke.

Also that episode had Niles claiming that Maris had sexual intercourse with him so overall I think that episode took place in the alternate hell dimension where airliners struck the World Trade Center, killing thousands.

Farmer Crack-Ass fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 10, 2018

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

Okay but you keep bringing it up

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Okay but you keep bringing it up

this is not the place to talk about frasier the tv show or frasier the man

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
lol gay

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

420 Gank Mid posted:

this is not the place to talk about frasier the tv show or frasier the man

But there's always room for discussion about Frasier: The Experience.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Brawnfire posted:

But there's always room for discussion about Frasier: The Experience.

What about The Gift of Frasier?

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

If I remember right there's also a really weird gag where Daphne says all her brothers, except for the gay one dancer, shared a common coming-of-age moment of peeping on Daphne in the shower. It's doubly-gross with "...wait, her brothers got up to peeping her in the shower?" and the "lol gay" joke.

She grew up in England, nothing out of the ordinary there

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
If you skip an episode, okay that's great, but why bring it up if you're avoiding it? You should only talk about it if you're going to watch it :o:

It's like if I noticeably kept mentioning how much I hate the Greek episode apropos of nothing. Nobody's making me watch it (thank God), more importantly, nobody's making me talk about it (but I do relish the chance to dish on it! That is a BAD episode and nothing more to say about it!!!)

And it's not like that's the only episode where Frasier's a TOTAL creep. What about S05E01 where he takes a sleeping selfie of the woman he's seeing without her knowledge or permission? Mention that one once in a while instead of mentioning four plus times the same episode you refuse to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I respectfully think youre allowed to talk about things that are bad in things you otherwise enjoy. I dont think it is bad when people complained that Niles and Daphne devolved almost immediately into the sitcom standard nagging-wife-and-incompetent-husband, and I also don't think it's bad that some posters dont like to watch an episode where all the men become inexplicable sex perverts and its the punchline of a joke that they dont respect a lady's desire for privacy. if you disagree, well...... i'm listening