Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

skipThings posted:

It's interesting that we have this verniedlichte word for these children, "Frühchen". Feels like it was subconscoiusly , or conciously" invented to just put even more sympathy on these "brave little survivors".

Abtreibungen will always be a thing, cause every contraception can fail, and sometimes you need the "pille danach" ,

und da wir schlicht nicht feststellen können wann ein Fötus eine Seele hat und dann nichtmehr "nur" ein Fötus ist, sollte Abtreibung liberal geregelt sein und nicht von konservativen alten Männern denen Kinderarmut, Kitaplätze oder Schulbildung an all ihren 9-Monate schwangeren, adipösen Ärschen vorbeigeht

- babies are cute m8 this needs no propaganda effort
- pille danach is absolutely not an Abtreibung
- it's fun to hate on white men, but at least in the US opposition to abortion is more common among women iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

pidan posted:

- babies are cute m8 this needs no propaganda effort
- pille danach is absolutely not an Abtreibung
- it's fun to hate on white men, but at least in the US opposition to abortion is more common among women iirc

- in the eye of the beholder etc.
- I never said it was, but some people absolutely do
- well we're not talking about the USA here, now are we ?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

pidan posted:

If you assume the fetus as a person, abortion can be seen as self defense. If some rando came up to you and threatened to harm your body in the ways that pregnancy can, you could legally kill him if you can't get away otherwise. So why not a fetus?

I don't see the point of this. If I punched a woman in the gut real hard she'd already have grounds for Notwehr based on that alone, no need for an embryo or fetus. At the same time, there should not be a legal excuse for other people to go do Notwehr against a pregnant woman on behalf of her embryo/fetus.

pidan posted:

That said I think the law is good as it is and would not want to see "abortion deal of the month 300€" ads in women's magazines like you see in China.

No, it is not good. If you want to avoid McAbortions that doesn't require going so far as to ban doctors from even mentioning that abortion is a thing that can be done.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

suck my woke dick posted:

I don't see the point of this. If I punched a woman in the gut real hard she'd already have grounds for Notwehr based on that alone, no need for an embryo or fetus. At the same time, there should not be a legal excuse for other people to go do Notwehr against a pregnant woman on behalf of her embryo/fetus.

You misunderstood me. I'm saying abortion is similar to the woman defending herself against the fetus.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

pidan posted:

Actually I just read the wiki article on Notwehr in my lunch break and now my head is ringing:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notwehr_(Deutschland)

Not only because in one place it says the attack doesn't need to be schuldhaft for Notwehr to apply, but later it says Notwehrrecht does not apply if the attacker "erkennbar schuldlos handelt". Glad I'm not a Jurist.

Das Problem gibt es für Juristen nicht, denn der Embryo ist kein Mensch und kann somit de lege lata keine Notwehrlage herbeiführen.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Wtf is it worth having a baby if the parent don't want it or can't afford it? I don't think we need more people with a miserable childhood on the planet. And it's not like the Kinderheime are empty. We have enough humans. We are producing enough humans.

I'm depressed. I wouldn't be a good dad to a child and I know that. Some other people may have their own reasons why they can't take the responsibility of being a parent. Forcing a kid on people is just immoral.

I believe some people when they say "Each human life is precious". Those are the quiver-full families. They are trying to bring as many people into the world as they can.
So as long as you are not pregnant or trying, gently caress off. Don't shame other people because they TOTALLY KILLED A (possible) HUMAN.

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 10, 2018

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I know that it's only been a couple of posts, but the very fact that abortion chat hasn't completely gone to poo poo by the second post at the latest shows that this is actually one of the chiller places on the internet :beerpal:

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

System Metternich posted:

I know that it's only been a couple of posts, but the very fact that abortion chat hasn't completely gone to poo poo by the second post at the latest shows that this is actually one of the chiller places on the internet :beerpal:

Are you saying "am deutschen Wesen wird die Welt genesen" ?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

None of this would be a problem if we finally started reproducing through mitosis like I've been saying for years

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

None of this would be a problem if we finally started reproducing through mitosis like I've been saying for years

And then if you've reproduced and find that you're not actually up to the task, you can just kill the other one and claim you are the new one acting in self-defense. The perfect crime.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Sereri posted:

And then if you've reproduced and find that you're not actually up to the task, you can just kill the other one and claim you are the new one acting in self-defense. The perfect crime.

The ultimate solution to the whole abortion problem and, let's be honest here, what America will ultimately come down to is that we need to arm the fetus. As soon as the fetus can defend itself from the thug mother and the hoodlum abortion doctor, the entire problem solves itself.

A collection of bear traps, Selbstschussanlagen and dead man switch neurotoxin release systems should hold back even the most devious assassins

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I'm more in favor of Replicantism. People should be build in factories, assembled organ by organ. Factories which in turn are supplied by other factories, in which the organs are assembled, cell by cell.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'm watching the UK parliamentary stream on Brexit and going apparently living in England is like living in Bayern, Thüringen and Sachsen at the same time when it comes to accents. :yikes:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

The ultimate solution to the whole abortion problem and, let's be honest here, what America will ultimately come down to is that we need to arm the fetus. As soon as the fetus can defend itself from the thug mother and the hoodlum abortion doctor, the entire problem solves itself.

A collection of bear traps, Selbstschussanlagen and dead man switch neurotoxin release systems should hold back even the most devious assassins

I don't like Germans talking about ultimate solutions and neurotoxins

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Randler posted:

I'm watching the UK parliamentary stream on Brexit and going apparently living in England is like living in Bayern, Thüringen and Sachsen at the same time when it comes to accents. :yikes:

Well, considering we have all those accents and other vile methods of locution even more unfit for human tongues (e.g. Schwäbisch and Hessisch), England seems to be doing comparatively well then.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Calling the british government a government is an insult to kindergartens around the entire world. Not sure what is a better description though.

https://twitter.com/dcakraemer/status/1072234234901860353

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

Calling the british government a government is an insult to kindergartens around the entire world. Not sure what is a better description though.

https://twitter.com/dcakraemer/status/1072234234901860353

That’s not even the best one.

https://mobile.twitter.com/antoni_UK/status/1072191950944657409

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
:psyduck:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The British parliament is a time-honored and deeply important institution. It ought to be preserved in its pristine form just as it is and not be disturbed.

Just, you know, make sure to throw any laws and motions they pass right into the shredder. But leave it as a livestreaming daycare for inbred toffs and tories.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

I remember how early-2000s German pundits were looking longingly at Blair's "Cool Britannia", lmao

Not connected to the Westminster shitshow, but I'm in awe at the Japanese guy who pulled it off perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppgzMCRVMU0

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
My Heimatstadt is in the Nachrichts for all the wrong reasons. Ruhestörung im ~Ankerzentrum~ führte zu polizeieinsatz und Krawallen.

I fully expect Neonazis to run this one into the ground until there's no more ground to run poo poo into.

https://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article185327088/Ankerzentrum-Bamberg-Pflastersteine-fliegen-auf-Polizisten-SEK-muss-anruecken.html

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My Heimatstadt is in the Nachrichts for all the wrong reasons. Ruhestörung im ~Ankerzentrum~ führte zu polizeieinsatz und Krawallen.

I fully expect Neonazis to run this one into the ground until there's no more ground to run poo poo into.
Well the Welt already wrote an article

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
I'll say the same thing about British parliament I keep saying about my parliament: At least it is not Italian parliament.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Default Settings posted:

I'll say the same thing about British parliament I keep saying about my parliament: At least it is not Italian parliament.

Die tun sich nicht viel, und sind sogar noch offener in ihrem unverblümten Rassismus gegen Nicht-Engländer.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

I know that this is 11 years old at this point but seriously what the fuckkkkkk, enteignet Springer

https://twitter.com/lavievagabonde/status/1072531989020991493?s=21

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
Wagner ist die Pest.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

I wonder if all my thoughts would start with "Hey" if I too would need an 11 year old reminder how much BILD sucks

:thunk:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

haldolium posted:

I wonder if all my thoughts would start with "Hey" if I too would need an 11 year old reminder how much BILD sucks

:thunk:

I'm on my phone so I can't whip up a quick Drake-Mem, but please pretend I did one with ":stonklol: ing at FJ Wagner" on the top and "extremely normally shooting the messenger" at the bottom

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

System Metternich posted:

I know that this is 11 years old at this point but seriously what the fuckkkkkk, enteignet Springer

https://twitter.com/lavievagabonde/status/1072531989020991493?s=21

Extrem verflucht

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Wort des Tages:

Inselaffenapokalypsenmittwocherwartungshaltung :dance:

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Can I just say that Hessians are racist as hell?

Like, any chance they get, they just let it all hang out.

Which party do I join if I don't like this

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

pidan posted:

Can I just say that Hessians are racist as hell?

Like, any chance they get, they just let it all hang out.

Which party do I join if I don't like this

Alternative für Hessen :sun:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Randler posted:

Wort des Tages:

Inselaffenapokalypsenmittwocherwartungshaltung :dance:

Ich will Bojo oder Leadsom für noch mehr Realsatire.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Alternative für Hessen

Nahhh

Yeah maybe it's this one

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Ich will Bojo oder Leadsom für noch mehr Realsatire.

Give us Reese-Mog, give them death

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Just read this ZEIT essay about the crisis of modern conservativism and really enjoyed it.

Key point for me is the intellectual void in conservative circles. Nobody seems to be capable to muster up the imagination and inspiration to merge a healthy conservativism ("some things are good as they are") in even its basest form with how society actually is at the moment, and many instead opt for stock phrases they don't seem to believe in themselves anyway.

It's also very worth pointing out that for many of these positions, there is no internally consistent logical justification present anymore.

I don't know if I would support the essay's claim that the only truly unique and ideologically supported conservative tenet still left is the Schwarze Null, but he does make a compelling point that many CDU people are grasping at the straw of "economic stability" to make their party seem relevant.

Finally, it's great that Jens Spahn is so bad that he serves as negative prime example for both the "intellectual void" AND "not founded on ideology anymore" points.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Randler posted:

Give us Reese-Mog, give them death

I still can't believe that Reese-Mogg is actually real and not some long-running piece of deep-cover satire. :psyduck:

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 12, 2018

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Perestroika posted:

I still can't believe that Reese-Mogg is actually real and not some long-running piece of deep-cover satire. :psyduck:

imagine seehofer but as a wittelsbacher cosplayer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Simply Simon posted:

A Zellhaufen is not lebensfähig, a 5-month-old fetus might be with current technology, an 8-month-old one for sure is.

^ this. As long as it's dependent on the mother's body for survival (and cannot reasonably be substituted for by science without an adequate quality of life) it's not a person, it's an extension of the mother with the possibility of eventually becoming a person, and thus the mother's decision what to do with, especially if her health or wellbeing is threatened, or she can't take care of it.

I'll meet Torranor halfway in that, ideally, abortion would not be needed - if all people had the means to support children, rape didn't exist, contraception and sex education were commonplace and thus there were 0 unwanted pregnancies. However, that won't happen, and thus abortions will be necessary and should be legal.

re: UK, it's a loving shitshow. My university is offering to pay for me to do some sort of special application to the Home Office, in case we drop out without a deal and I'll need to apply for a visa. It'll give me "pre-settled" status and make it harder for them to kick me out, in theory.
However, the Home Office is
a) actively hostile to immigrants, especially non-white ones,
b) aparently staffed exclusively by idiots,
c) just recently deported a bunch of old people that had been legally settled in the UK for over 50 years because they lost the loving paperwork and decided to ship them to Jamaica

So tbh I'm not sure I'll tell them who or where I am.