Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1071975972277243907

lol the only explanation for this is that he literally has no idea what FISA is and he googled it wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Really bummed Corsi isn't writing his own for these.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I see the JD a fair amount in policy circles where there are people who got the degree but aren't licensed and don't practice. That's usually because they have some other graduate degrees as well.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Part 2 of Round 1 of everyone's most favourite fictional lawyer contest has begun! https://www.agpllp.ca/all-time-best-fictional-lawyer-round-1-part-2/

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

thehoodie posted:

Part 2 of Round 1 of everyone's most favourite fictional lawyer contest has begun! https://www.agpllp.ca/all-time-best-fictional-lawyer-round-1-part-2/

If Lionel Hutz doesn't win this whole thing is obvious bullshit

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Ben Matlock losing to loving Denny Crane is unforgivable

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Looks like I'm not the oldest person in the thread anymore. Cool.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Soothing Vapors posted:

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1071975972277243907

lol the only explanation for this is that he literally has no idea what FISA is and he googled it wrong

i wonder how larry's suit against sasha baron cohen on behalf of roy moore for IIED is going

eke out fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 10, 2018

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Soothing Vapors posted:

With my vote, he's up to 51%!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
gently caress this list is making me mad.

Some network hussy over Corbin Bernsen?!?!

A NAMELESS SIMPSONS CHARACTER OVER JUDGE DREDD???????

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

blarzgh posted:

0.1 hrs: Professional development

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Alicia Florrick was a junior associate at the firm Crozier, Abrams & Abbott, where she had the highest number of billable hours for any associate. Sometime during her job, she met and eventually married Peter Florrick, who was at the time the Cook County State’s Attorney. After her two children were born, she left work to be a stay-at-home mother and a good political wife. But Alicia returned to the courtroom to support her family after a sex-tape disgraced her husband.

Arnie Becker was a partner at McKenzie, Brackman, Chaney and Kuzak. He did law stuff. In Los Angeles. He is on this list because the olds demanded it.

Ok now I'm fuckn mad at millenials

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

joat mon posted:

Looks like I'm not the oldest person in the thread anymore. Cool.
lol sorry but I just used to watch it with my grandma, your contemporary

blarzgh posted:

you're a good man, forums poster blarzgh

blarzgh posted:

Ok now I'm fuckn mad at millenials
It's the children who are wrong

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Look Sir Droids posted:

0.1 hrs: Professional development

lol

eke out posted:

i wonder how larry's suit against sasha baron cohen on behalf of roy moore for IIED is going

oh poo poo was he behind that one too? what a practice that guy's built up

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol

oh poo poo was he behind that one too? what a practice that guy's built up

Filing frivolous lawsuits to own the libs seems like a good business model for scamming money from rich entitled dickwads.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Got to call someone today to say some bullshit charges were dropped. :feelsgood:

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
My call is Saul Goodman to win.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
I don’t have to even put my work email on my phone. I almost wept to the confused look of my supervisor.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Toona have you ever admitted we were right you were wrong?

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
I was so horribly wrong and should have dropped out after 1L. All's well that ends well, though, I suppose.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
The loss of Charles Kelly and the fact that Rumpole is losing to single female lawyer confuses and infuriates us.
At least hyper-chicken is winning.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Glad it is working out toona.

I actually am glad I'm a lawyer. But it's only because I've stumbled into a job I like that has minimal stress. If prior to law school I knew that I had a 40h week job with benefits and a pension making just short of 100k I'd have been very pleased.

Of course if pslf goes away I'm gonna read the Turner diaries.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

How many more years do you need to qualify?

Student loan talk: I should have my principal down to 1/3 of the original amount at beginning of repayment by early next year. Yay? I hit 10 yrs on my law license in October.

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 11, 2018

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Glad it is working out toona.

I actually am glad I'm a lawyer. But it's only because I've stumbled into a job I like that has minimal stress. If prior to law school I knew that I had a 40h week job with benefits and a pension making just short of 100k I'd have been very pleased.

I loving hate it lately. My current cases suck rear end and are all bottom of the barrel dregs of putrid sewage, I'm stressed to hell over a case where I don't know if I'm doing too little or letting myself get pushed too far by my rabid client to do too much and I haven't slept well for ages. I really need to start lifting again. I want christmas :smith: and a new job.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
I am in a simple button down and slacks and my boss just said I was overdressed. Also my work week is 37.5 hours.

Go to law school. Don’t become a lawyer. :shrug:

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Con: get that same job without losing 4 years of your life, custody of your kids, doing a reverse mortgage, and getting divorced and remarried to the same woman, all because you wanted some study room strange.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Are there takesy backsies? I want a takesy backsie.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Counterpoint: You can don't become a lawyer by NOT going to law school too. Which is actually the pro strat.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Fish just go get a new job.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Fish just go get a new job.

Yeah yeah.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Con: get that same job without losing 4 years of your life, custody of your kids, doing a reverse mortgage, and getting divorced and remarried to the same woman, all because you wanted some study room strange.

lol, but also a touch of

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol, but also a touch of

Perhaps, but in the purest of all owns, we all yelled, "Don't crawl down into this pit of sewage!" and Toona said, "I'm coming down!" and then we all laughed at him for being covered in the same poo poo we are covered in, and then he climbed back out, but we're still laughing at him from the bottom of the pit for having ever crawled down here with us while he slowly but graciously cleans himself up.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Interviewing to transfer out of habeas and into full time jury work.

My main pitch: if you let me transfer, yes. You will have to backfill my job. But if you don’t let me transfer you will also have to backfill my job after I inevitably get arrested for punching any number of opposing counsel in the dick. At least with the former you still have someone who is not an old and knows how to use computers.

I feel good about this.

ActusRhesus fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 11, 2018

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

blarzgh posted:

Perhaps, but in the purest of all owns, we all yelled, "Don't crawl down into this pit of sewage!" and Toona said, "I'm coming down!" and then we all laughed at him for being covered in the same poo poo we are covered in, and then he climbed back out, but we're still laughing at him from the bottom of the pit for having ever crawled down here with us while he slowly but graciously cleans himself up.

Hey, some of us love our jobs, presumably.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

blarzgh posted:

Eh. Once I don’t have to deal with broken habeas bullshit I’ll enjoy my job. Good bennies. No billables. Decent co workers.

And come on. Toona will find another way to gently caress up.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

ActusRhesus posted:

And come on. Toona will find another way to gently caress up.

Hoping for LoLM.

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 11, 2018

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

Hoping for LoLM.

I for one think an LLM would broaden Toona’s employment opportunities and allow him to negotiate better compensation even in non legal fields as, like all law related degrees, the true benefit is the training in logical and lawyerly thought processes.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Toona, you just started working at a bank, right? Have I got an opportunity for you!

http://www.bu.edu/law/academics/llm-degrees/banking-financial-law/

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

Toona, you just started working at a bank, right? Have I got an opportunity for you!

Oh man! Had I known of such opportunities!

Toona, you need to get on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Look Sir Droids posted:

God knows we're short on content these days.