Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

Was the Cage of Death cage actually cool this year? Or was it the usual cage with some poo poo in it setup?

There was some kind of platform at the top that was just there for a big spot. Otherwise it was just some poo poo in it. Nail board, barbed wire board, several chairs, several panes of glass and a stick with an industrial water jug at the end of it.

For a deathmatch, I enjoyed it. It was pretty brutal. It wasn't some elaborate cage setup though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1072225509218627584

quote:

As previous reported, Cabana went to Punk and Punk informed him he would have his attorney “handle it.” The amended lawsuit noted that Cabana “is informed and believes, and based thereon alleges, that Brooks believed that the Demand Letter was initiated at the behest of the WWE in retaliation for various adverse actions Brooks had taken against, and threats that Brooks had made about, the WWE and its management during Brooks' career with the WWE. Colton is further informed and believes, and based thereon alleges, that Brooks also believed that Brooks' statements about the WWE during the Podcast were likely to lead to litigation against Brooks.”

So, Cabana is now alleging that on that podcast episode, Punk made his statements knowing that WWE would likely come after him legally.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Uhhhhh Colt, it was your podcast.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Lol how does anyone think that Colt looks good in all of this. Regardless of your feelings about CM Punk, WWE is the bad guy and Colt is a dummy

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i just sold a shirt design to trey miguel, im pretty excited to see that one become a real thing.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Tomahawk posted:

Lol how does anyone think that Colt looks good in all of this. Regardless of your feelings about CM Punk, WWE is the bad guy and Colt is a dummy

His multimillionaire friend who caused the lawsuit told him he would pay his legal fees and then didn't.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Bidness posted:

His multimillionaire friend who caused the lawsuit told him he would pay his legal fees and then didn't.

quote:

On 11/26, The court sided with Punk’s attorneys, ruling that in his original lawsuit, Cabana “has failed to allege that Brooks provided an offer that was definite and certain enough to support an enforceable contract.” The court also ruled that Cabana had not alleged that the two parties agreed that Cabana would not comply with Dr. Amann’s legal demands as consideration for Punk to pay his legal fees. The Court also agreed that Cabana failed to allege “Brooks’ knowledge and intent in making alleged misrepresentations” about paying Cabana’s legal bill. The court also ruled Cabana “has not alleged that Brooks’ representations were part of a scheme to defraud.”

Basically, the court determined that Cabana’s allegations did not meet the standard required by law in the State of Illinois and that he failed to show that anything Punk had done was done with deliberate intent to defraud him. The court also ruled that nothing Cabana had shown was a contract that could be enforceable by law, therefore there were no damages he could go after.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
An offer isn't binding only a contract is.

Colt should have gotten the promise in writing.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Tomahawk posted:

WWE is the bad guy, CM Punk is a lesser bad guy, and Colt is a dope. hth

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

does that somehow disprove what he said

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

Legally, yes. I tend to believe him, personally.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Just lol if you believe in your friend's promise without a legally binding contract.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

All three of your posts were in the same minute so idk who this is responding to. In case it’s me:

Legally yeah. Not an issue of if I believe him or if the judge etc believe him. It’s in a text message. A text message can be drunkingly sent or jokingly sent etc regardless of intent, it’s not a contract, it’s not legally binding, and he didn’t follow up on that and get it put it down in something that was legally binding just in case

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Punk Rock brotherhood should be recognized in Chicago courts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Part Two

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1072296212773158912

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
no loving way am i going to and from jersey at midnight that's going to be like a $60 cab each way

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:swoon:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Super No Vacancy posted:

I just meant that I don't think Colt looks bad as in "a bad guy", just that he looks "bad" like a dumb dumb

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

abraham linksys posted:

no loving way am i going to and from jersey at midnight that's going to be like a $60 cab each way

I remember coming to the US for Mania in MetLife and bought some random indie tickets to a PWS show a few days before in Jersey, as I just presumed it wouldn’t be difficult to get to some random tiny town I’d never heard of.

Somehow it actually was fine (Metuchen NJ, happened to be on the train line without an issue) but still no idea why I didn’t think to look how bloody far away it was from our Airbnb in Williamsburg.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

OH
gently caress
:woop:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

AAW Pro Wrestling
presents
The Windy City Classic XIV

Saturday, December 29, 2018
115 Bourbon Street
3359 W. 115th St
Merrionette Park, IL
7:30pm Bell Time
Doors Open 6:00pm
All Ages Event

Front Row - SOLD OUT
Front Row Stage - SOLD OUT
Second Row - SOLD OUT
Second Row Stage - SOLD OUT
Third Row - SOLD OUT
Fourth Row - $25
Fifth Row - $25
General Admission - $20

Purchase tickets at aawpro.ticketleap.com

Featuring:

AAW Heavyweight Championship Match
Brody King vs. Sami Callihan

AAW Heritage Championship Match
DJZ vs. Bandido

GRUDGE MATCH
ACH vs. Eddie Kingston

Quinn McKay/Jake Something/Curt Stallion
vs.
Scarlett/Besties in the World

Plus:
David Starr
Jimmy Jacobs
Darby Allin
Jeff Cobb
MJF
AR Fox
Myron Reed
Rich Swann
Jessicka Havok
Colt Cabana
Mance Warner
Josh Briggs
Kylie Rae

More To Be Announced
Card Subject To Change

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 12, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

PWG Hand of Doom

Jeff Cobb vs. Trevor Lee for the PWG title
The Rascalz vs. Best Friends for the PWG tag team titles
Flip Gordon vs. Bandido
LAX vs. Flamita & Rey Horus
Jonathan Gresham vs. Robbie Eagles
Puma King vs. DJZ
Brody King vs. Jungle Boy

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

PWG Hand of Doom

Jeff Cobb vs. Trevor Lee for the PWG title
The Rascalz vs. Best Friends for the PWG tag team titles
Flip Gordon vs. Bandido
LAX vs. Flamita & Rey Horus
Jonathan Gresham vs. Robbie Eagles
Puma King vs. DJZ
Brody King vs. Jungle Boy

I wonder if this is Trevor's last indie date.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That's a great AAW card that I am bummed to miss. At least I won't have to see Sami win the belt.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he's having a better year than brody, improbably

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

he's having a better year than brody, improbably

Also regardless of how folks feel about Sami here, AAW crowds seemed to really take to his recent-ish push with the title when he was feuding with Penta and Fenix (and the concept of lucha as well).

Plus AAW can probably count on WWE not being interested and that feeling being mutual. Sami really hated his time in developmental. And finding champs that won't get poached is going to be important for larger indies going forward, I'd imagine.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 11, 2018

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think cycling the crists out and giving him darby and havok has helped. also that he had that great match with ach. he's still like very uncool but i thought he was toast after that stupid chair breaking thing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A DC-area theater company is running a wrestling show for....some reason. Anyway, they have so far announced DJZ. I know there's at least one person here in the area, so check it out. Their plays and such are usually pretty fun, so I'm interested in what they do here, regardless of relative talent level.

https://fvwrestling.brownpapertickets.com/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/1072658136782249987

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Endless Mike posted:

A DC-area theater company is running a wrestling show for....some reason. Anyway, they have so far announced DJZ. I know there's at least one person here in the area, so check it out. Their plays and such are usually pretty fun, so I'm interested in what they do here, regardless of relative talent level.

https://fvwrestling.brownpapertickets.com/
They've also, based on that image, announced The Champion of the 1% Logan Easton Laroux.

NOVA Pro doesn't run a show in Januarys, I guess I can look into going to this.

EDIT: The background of the poster image has Coach Mikey of The Ugly Ducklings visible. So it looks very NOVA-esque in its talent pool.

Boco_T fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 12, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

1. if this match actually happens it will be cool as gently caress
2. can you win a pensioners fund through combat?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TrulyRotten/status/1072675458934861824

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Sure they are. Sure it’s happening.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ISDub/status/1071809796695719936

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1073782696768352256

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boco_T posted:

They've also, based on that image, announced The Champion of the 1% Logan Easton Laroux.

NOVA Pro doesn't run a show in Januarys, I guess I can look into going to this.

EDIT: The background of the poster image has Coach Mikey of The Ugly Ducklings visible. So it looks very NOVA-esque in its talent pool.
Announced so far:

DJZ
Logan Easton LaRoux
Brittany Blake
Killian McMurphy

So yeah, probably gonna be a lot of NOVA Pro types.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1074127825651859456

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mark your loving calendars for April 4th

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrfdhCVgmKW/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrlBOw_HHjU/
WALTER vs PAC

Adbot