Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Autonomous Monster posted:

Alright, who wants the av?

(Chapter's out.)

Tanjiro's "Yeah buddy, I hate you too!" face is great.
Give it to Wark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tokito being so nice to Tanjirou and then switching to cold contempt to the rest of the trainees was hilarious.

I really enjoy this author's pacing. We don't have to spend chapters on each training session; we just get a good glimpse into each Pillar's personal tutoring style, a glimpse to how each of them sees Tanjirou, and then BAM! straight on to someone we haven't seen Tanjirou interact with much yet.

Snake Pillar totes has a crush on Kanroji.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All the stupid slapstick faces really make this series a lot of fun.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Autonomous Monster posted:

Alright, who wants the av?

(Chapter's out.)

Tanjiro's "Yeah buddy, I hate you too!" face is great.

That is one shredded young man. Also, this training arc is just charging ahead full steam with no brakes.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I love how fast it's going

hope the anime doesn't stretch things out too much

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Next Chapter's out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

here's a link

https://mangadex.org/chapter/477943/1

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
it's kind of a pity that the training arc was frontloaded with all the pillars Tanjirou made friends with

so since two pillars aren't involved in training does this mean the rock pillar is the last one?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

powerful face game this chapter

https://mangadex.org/chapter/482006/1

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm so happy Genya has good friends now, he was always angry but now he's a good smiley boy.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Next Arc better not be the final arc.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://mangadex.org/chapter/486942/1

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
As always, Tanjirou is a very good boy.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
no wonder rock dude is always crying

also the newest volume has some extras, including Tanjirou's pen pals from past missions

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Tanjirou is the goodest boy

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tanjirou is as pure a boy as Hajime is a pure girl. Buddhas incarnate.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I love how the repetition technique is described, because it makes it sound like people with chronic depression would be just as able to push boulders across town as Tanjirou.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The pillars are actually a very experimental therapy group.

Reach wellness through violence.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The pillars are actually a very experimental therapy group.

Reach wellness through violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJi8a0dSJ9Q

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
Wonder if we're going to get any chapters with Nezuko interacting with like...anyone, before the next big arc kicks off. Feels kind of like a missed opportunity?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

https://mangadex.org/chapter/490039/1

KoB
May 1, 2009

Tanjirou is too good and pure.

also its always hilarious to me how these young kids are so fuckin jacked.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

KoB posted:

Tanjirou is too good and pure.

Kinda just makes me want to see the Buff Mice again because in the goofier scenes the proportions are basically the same.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

KoB posted:

Anime age is always pretty elastic. What really gets me is that they have those super-jacked bodies underneath the incredibly-shojo faces with giant, soft eyes.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Chapter 137
In which Yoshikage Kira just wants to have a peaceful life of immortality

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ngl Oyakata-sama owned a lot in this chapter.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Muzan is a pretty good villain given his very simple motivation. I like his design too.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh right, the panel with him talking about how he'll never be held accountable is loving :discourse: to me and did a great job stoking my desire for him to get his. The sheer simplicity of the matter is oddly effective.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The best part is that how he says it is pretty stingingly perfect.

"I've killed thousands of people and lived a thousand years and I've never seen a god or Buddha in that time." Is a good line. Same with the comeback.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Welp, time to start wrapping things up

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chapter 138

I wonder what kind of bullshit Muzan is gonna pull off to get out of this.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm worried about nezuko, now. the people who were supposed to be protecting and curing her are completely mad for revenge, and nezuko hasn't appeared in a while.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The upper moons come back from pretty ridiculous wounds and Muzan is probably far beyond them so I got a feeling since they had him get so utterly pummeled this chapter that unless he had a body double or gets ported out by the biwa girl we're probably going to get him completely loving everyone up.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think it would be most interesting if Muzan totally eats it here but biwa and the Upper Moons manage to hold on without him.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Muzan biting it here would be about as thematically outta left-field as Renner casually telling Eren he's the armored titan.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I can't believe that the final boss is dead outta nowhere. Won't all the other demons die if Muzan bites the dust?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rodyle posted:

I think it would be most interesting if Muzan totally eats it here but biwa and the Upper Moons manage to hold on without him.

Thats thematically the exact opposite of whats being shown here.

and proving Oyakata wrong immediately after he dies is a dick move

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It seems more likely that they'll either wound him sufficiently that he can't heal instantly or otherwise imprison him but with how fast the series is moving I assume he'll get away

It's possible that the drug to turn him back into a human won't be powerful enough to do that but be the severe wounding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
His remaining upper moons are still an issue and there's exactly one apiece for the main crew.

I imagine he gets away, but something here happens to set up Tanjirou, Zenitsu, and Inosuke to get to square off against their matching upper moon in the future.