Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
hmm that could use some alternate wording

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mods changed my name posted:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Yeah, used the word poo poo too many times. This isn't 3rd grade. :colbert:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
"Erectile dysfunction" is no longer acceptable. "Repressed phallus syndrome," please.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Yeah you're right. I saw and skimmed it and laughed at the general gist and wasn't reading too closely.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

mlmp08 posted:

Hahahaha, wow.

We got a whole big scaremongering brief including examples and gross photos of people who poked the vaccine site it then poked their eye with infected area goo on their finger.

Share dem deets

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Sorry they got you on the sad brains. It seems like that’s what gets the vast majority. It also makes you a NTR for all of the ARSOF courses unfortunately.

Yeah I think that was the swiftest kick. Allegedly it’s all waiverable if I talk to my recruiter and try to work out something with a psychiatrist, but honestly I’m done with the bullshit at this point. Oh well :sweatdrop:

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

I got the first two anthrax shots back in '99, kept dodging the rest of them (being an XO meant I could be wherever I wanted to at the time), and eventually ETS'd before I had to complete the series. At the time I don't think it was fully tested or FDA approved but was pushed through since we kept assuming we were going to Iraq again.

Friends of mine had weird side effects from it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Itchy_Grundle posted:

Friends of mine had weird side effects from it.

My joints would hurt pretty bad for a day or so after the anthrax shot.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Thanks got both Anthrax and Small Pox at the same time. Flu shot and Typhoid Fever the week prior.

I have this strange feeling you're not supposed to get 4 vaccines within a week.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Mustang posted:

Thanks got both Anthrax and Small Pox at the same time. Flu shot and Typhoid Fever the week prior.

I have this strange feeling you're not supposed to get 4 vaccines within a week.

That’s just the tism setting in

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Try the immigration vaccines that they give you all at once. Every single one.

I went from the doctor's office, paid at the counter, went out to the car and my wife could feel my fever through my jeans when I sat in the car. I was hosed for nearly 48 hours.

Then the army wouldn't accept my paperwork so gave me the full round again. That was a little bit rough. Then they lost my paperwork so when we were getting ready for korea it was another full vaccine special, the anthrax and typhoid. By that time might as well just be popping aspirin, the tism must've been in full control by then.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

poo poo they just made everybody walk through the gauntlet at Ft. Sill's reception unit

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Im So glad i had my vaccine documentation from schools, immigration and Finnish defense forces at 30th AG. The medic looked at the sheet once and shrugged. After they got the blood draw results for 2nd round of shots all I needed was a flu shot.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Soulex posted:

poo poo they just made everybody walk through the gauntlet at Ft. Sill's reception unit

same at lost in the woods

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Mustang posted:

If you were a motivated soldier this wouldn't be a problem.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I got the first anthrax shot when I got mobilized but nothing after? Idk if that means I have immunity or not?

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

DoktorLoken posted:

I got the first anthrax shot when I got mobilized but nothing after? Idk if that means I have immunity or not?

They are a set and they aren’t permanent, so no you don’t have immunity. I did the whole set before I went to Iraq and while I was there in ‘04. They tried giving it to me the last time I went to Afghanistan in ‘16 as a booster. I told them I was going to spend 90% of my time locked away in a scif so the likelihood of catching anthrax was a risk I was willing to take.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I think they started me twice on the anthrax series but the first time too much time passed and they had to start over. The second time the FDA shut the factory down for violations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Not really sure why S4s are involved in CPXs using the simulators. 12 hour shifts and all I do is send up 2 logstats a day. There's not even any MDMP going on for this, S3 came up with the plan to support this corps level exercise.

I left for 3 hours and nobody noticed.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Sounds like its time to catch up on sleep

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Warfighter? That's pretty typical, S4 is never given full consideration and logistics get handwaived. My favorite was losing a bunch of Apaches on a deep attack and having crews magically repopulate the next day. We're gonna do great in a real DATE fight if it ever happens.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Triggs posted:

Warfighter? That's pretty typical, S4 is never given full consideration and logistics get handwaived. My favorite was losing a bunch of Apaches on a deep attack and having crews magically repopulate the next day. We're gonna do great in a real DATE fight if it ever happens.

yeah i also was the s4 for a warfighter and they even told me that it's all done notionally.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

So the simulation does have logistics sort of represented, the pucksters report their classes of supply which I turn into logstats. But resupply is just everything magically appearing for seemingly no reason. I'm sure theres some BDE puckster clicking a resupply button or something. I don't care enough to hunt down my BDE counterpart to find out.

Shifts are 0100-1300 and 1300-0100. Synched with the shifts in Japan.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I remember having to do that poo poo. "Move these units from here to here, which is over a mountain, and it goes in real time so it'll take the rest of your shift." I played a lot of chess, since phones weren't allowed.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Yay another command climate survey.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Is vahakyla still alive?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

He posts pics all the time in CA of his motorcycle adventures.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Is vahakyla still alive?

Yeah. To the detriment of Vahakyla, most likely.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Yeah Army owns still. We did like two back-to-back LARPs in the backwoods and then I've just been doing motorcycling lately. Nothing new to update.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Vahakyla posted:

Yeah Army owns still. We did like two back-to-back LARPs in the backwoods and then I've just been doing motorcycling lately. Nothing new to update.

Have you destroyed your back for life with more pointless parachuting yet?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
No because my overprotective leadership is preventing me from jumping for at least one more month. Though they have been amazing the whole way, so can’t really complain. I did hurt during LARPing in the woods due to my body armor, but the pain was tolerable.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Vahakyla posted:

No because my overprotective leadership is preventing me from jumping for at least one more month. Though they have been amazing the whole way, so can’t really complain. I did hurt during LARPing in the woods due to my body armor, but the pain was tolerable.

Pain is your body's way of telling you that you're an idiot.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

McNally posted:

So thats why you hurt more the older you get.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

McNally posted:

QFT

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

McNally posted:

mlmp08 posted:

So thats why you hurt more the older you get.

Not empty quoting

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

McNally posted:

Syrian Lannister posted:

Not empty quoting

My right knee is basically an insult comic with a solid hour of material at this point. Occasionally heckled by one hip and shoulder.

The most I jumped out of was a moving truck to emplace the howitzer faster. You are going to have a chorus of "told you so" singing every time you try to move at this point. Your joints are going to sound like a Niel Peart solo before you're done.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm 35 and hace had six orthopedic procedures since May, and have 2 more in Jan, including a partial knee replacement- all because I really thought that my unit gave a gently caress about me when I was 20. I hope you are right that your unit is really looking out for you, but if you ain't ready to jump, you ain't ready to be running around larping in kevlar.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Steezo posted:

My right knee is basically an insult comic with a solid hour of material at this point. Occasionally heckled by one hip and shoulder.

The most I jumped out of was a moving truck to emplace the howitzer faster. You are going to have a chorus of "told you so" singing every time you try to move at this point. Your joints are going to sound like a Niel Peart solo before you're done.

Left knee, elbow, and shoulder for me.

A roller over plus rucks in Bragg sand hills with a stupid amount of weight plus weapons did me.