Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Buddy if you even acknowledge that there is a Jewish Question you're a nazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

chitoryu12 posted:

There's a Tumblr post I saw about how useless it is for people to keep plotting to steal the Addams family fortune because they just give poo poo away to people all the time.

"If I just walked into the house and started wearing their clothes and spending their money, they would start introducing me as Cousin Intruder and forget there was ever a time I didn’t live with them."

lol that's pretty good.

also

Tetracube posted:

Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

zoux posted:

zoux posted:

(Jeff Foxworthy voice) if you talk about the “Jewish Question” enough that you have a handy-dandy acronym for it, you might be a Nazi

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

TinTower posted:

Likewise, we never hear people say “Donald John Trump” in the same way that people said “Barack Hussein Obama”.

Somebody post that clip of Trudeau calling him Donald at the trade thingy and Trump visibly struggling to fight back a tantrum.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
As a Jewish guy myself, I say that if we're gonna eat the rich, might as well have some kosher meat around there as well

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Solar Tornado posted:

As a Jewish guy myself, I say that if we're gonna eat the rich, might as well have some kosher meat around there as well

drain the rich?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

ghost emoji posted:

(Jeff Foxworthy voice) if you post on Gab, you are a Nazi

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Necrothatcher posted:

What's the best way of attacking wealthy bankers without sounding anti-semitic?

serious question

Raise corporate, wealth, and estate taxes. Prosecute tax cheats mercilessly.

More seriously, the problem with "wealthy bankers are running the world" is how it personalizes the issues of capitalism and ignores the fact that it permeates anything and that nobody is actually running it. Some people or institutions might learn how to benefit from the way things are, mostly short-term, but a lot of the conflicts are spontaneous or have to do with feedback issues you can't murder any small amount of people to resolve. It's not like if you disappeared everyone implicated in the Panama Papers tomorrow that capitalism would end or any of the many ethnic or resource-based conflicts would. It's the creationism of political science, with a lot of real-world consequences to anyone historically scapegoated for it, e.g. Jews.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

We gentiles can use the blood in a variety of other fun dishes or let the kids have an awesome super-soaker fight!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

More seriously, the problem with "wealthy bankers are running the world" is how it personalizes the issues of capitalism and ignores the fact that it permeates anything and that nobody is actually running it. Some people or institutions might learn how to benefit from the way things are, mostly short-term, but a lot of the conflicts are spontaneous or have to do with feedback issues you can't murder any small amount of people to resolve. It's not like if you disappeared everyone implicated in the Panama Papers tomorrow that capitalism would end or any of the many ethnic or resource-based conflicts would. It's the creationism of political science, with a lot of real-world consequences to anyone historically scapegoated for it, e.g. Jews.

It is very, very much worth noting that the Jews in the medieval era that led to the stereotype of the Jewish banker were filling a demand and little more. Yeah some of them were probably greedy bastards but, fact is, sometimes people need or want to borrow money. Somebody was going to meet that demand; the only people who really could at the time were Jewish. That isn't the fault of Jews it's just kind of something that happened. Banks themselves are also not inherently evil. If you properly regulate them and don't let them get up to the poo poo that, say, Goldman Sachs and Wells Fargo have gotten up to there are benefits to having banks around. The problem is that they've gotten so horribly corrupted by a small class of greedy assholes that people hate them now.

Greed will always exist and every race produces its own share of greedy pricks. One of the core problems in the world right now is there is less and less will to put a leash on the horribly greedy or tax them to pay their fair share. The core issue is that they're just getting too greedy. Your average person just wants to pay the rent and not die of starvation. Nobody would give a poo poo that billionaires existed if there weren't things like child slaves in the world. In America in particular the decades of stagnating wages and increases in hunger are pissing people off like crazy but the super rich are going "lol that's your own fault even though we rigged the game against you."

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

ghost emoji posted:

(Jeff Foxworthy voice) if you talk about the “Jewish Question” enough that you have a handy-dandy acronym for it, you might be a Nazi

What's the "Jewish Question"? I'm struggling to guess what that could even mean.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Leavemywife posted:

What's the "Jewish Question"? I'm struggling to guess what that could even mean.

"How can we get rid of them?"

You ever heard the phrase "the final solution"? Referring to the holocaust? Well that's the first part of the sentence that ends "... To the Jewish Question."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Aramek posted:

Now's a good time to admit this, I, as a white guy, can't tell Jews apart from other white guys. I have no idea how you white supremacists do, because we all look alike to me.

Should we give them identifying clothing? I heard the Church had some ideas about that.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Leavemywife posted:

It's a long story but as it turns out the answer is usually "Hitler".

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It also makes it sound like it's an intentional conspiracy, like all the bankers get together at Davos and the Bilderberg meetings and decide how they're going to crash the financial system to get rich. It doesn't work like that. It's just that our socioeconomic system prioritizes greed and short-term profit to such an extreme degree that somebody is going to follow through. There's no conspiracy of bankers and business-owners, it's just that wealthy bankers and business-owners destroying the world is the natural end-result of our capitalist system prioritizing wealth over social and environmental well-being. Talking about wealthy bankers ruining the world in conspiratorial terms promotes personalized solutions to the problem: get rid of one generation of bankers and neoliberal politicians and we've solved the problem. But that's a personalized solution to a systemic problem. There's no point removing a generation of leaders without changing the system that created them, because that system will just encourage the same problem to reappear with different faces.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Leavemywife posted:

It's broader than just Nazi Germany though

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_question

But in the common usage it almost always refers to the threat of German Jews to the Homeland

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Hey, remember Righter, the dating app that launched this month with the goal of connecting men and women to form traditional, right-wing relationships just like God and Ronald Reagan intended?

It’s charging 25 bucks a month to give you medical advice.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Leavemywife posted:

*extremely The Sound of Music*
“How do you solve a problem like the jüdische?”

(Here’s the disclaimer where I preemptively disavow that line of thinking before someone in this thread decides I’m actually a nazi)

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

christmas boots posted:

*extremely The Sound of Music*
“How do you solve a problem like the jüdische?”

(Here’s the disclaimer where I preemptively disavow that line of thinking before someone in this thread decides I’m actually a nazi)

Smart move.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated" oh well poo poo yeah sign me up.

"throught"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

zoux posted:

It's broader than just Nazi Germany though

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_question

But in the common usage it almost always refers to the threat of German Jews to the Homeland

Huh. I knew anti-semitism is in like all of Europe’s history, but I didn’t realize the specific idea of the Jewish question predated the Nazis. You learn something new every day.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Leavemywife posted:

Historically, at different places and times, the "Jewish Question" has tended to be "how do we deal with the Jewish population of our country?" This was usually in the context of countries that treated Jews like a separate class of citizens, as an alien other, an internal nationality that didn't really fit into either nation-state (because they were seen as outside the dominant nation) or imperial (because they were seen as having loyalties to Jews in other empires above their loyalties to their imperial head) models of the world.

It didn't always have the negative connotations it has now, and a lot of Jewish people used to use "the Jewish Question" as a way to refer to themselves and their problems. In early 1900s Russia, for example, Russia restricted a lot of Jewish actions and civic rights, including limiting mobility to something called the "Pale of Settlement" in Russia's western borderlands, placing quotas on Jewish entry into a lot of institutions like universities, etc. "The Jewish Question" was the question of how to progress past this system. Similarly, at the same time Russia was facing the Woman Question, the Housing Question, and so on--it was a convenient shorthand of how to refer to slow-moving crises. A lot of Jews would refer to the Jewish Question when saying they wanted a resolution to their second-class-citizen status. Some of the people I study raised this repeatedly as they tried to argue for full Jewish citizenship on an equal level with Russians. Other Jews saw Zionism and the creation of a Jewish homeland in Palestine as a resolution to the Jewish Question. On the other hand, some other people wanted to solve the "Jewish Question" with pogroms and violence that would force Jews to leave the country, or with further restrictions on their life, like getting rid of the quotas and just not letting them into universities at all, or banning Jews from the army, because they were seen as a harmful influence on other Russians and these antisemites wanted to restrict their influence in Russian society. Jewish Question was just a neutral shorthand to refer to trying to resolve the unequal status of Jews, whether with positive or negative means.

Russia wasn't the only country where the "Jewish Question" was a thing, because Jews were unequal citizens in a lot of countries. But where the phrase really became famous was Hitler and the Nazis. As Imagined mentioned, the Nazis' "final solution" was "the final solution to the Jewish question", because like other countries Germany had the "Jewish Question" of what to do with its Jewish population. But as Hitler and the Nazis kept expanding their sights until they were set on conquering the world, that meant two things: 1) they were going to suddenly be in charge of a lot more Jews as they conquered the parts of Eastern Europe where millions of Jews lived; and 2) because they were going to step-by-step conquer the entire world, any solution they could find to the "Jewish Question" would only be temporary. If they exiled or banished them, eventually they would conquer the new territory to which the Jews had been exiled or banished, and they would face the same problem again. So in order to effect a "final solution" and not have the problem ever again, they decided to murder them all. This, of course, stemmed from the Nazis' own racial views that Jews were at the heart of an evil conspiracy to destroy the German nation: there was never any possibility of a positive solution to the "Jewish Question" of inequality in Nazi Germany, because it was the Nazis who were making them unequal in the first place after Jews achieved legal equality and a lot of personal success in the Weimar period.

If you hear someone use "Jewish Question" today, they aren't referring to it in the older historical use. There's no need, because Jews are full citizens with the same rights and obligations as anyone else. There's no such thing as a "Jewish Question" anymore. Unless, of course, you believe the same thing as the Nazis did, which is that full citizenship for Jews is a problem because Jews are an international conspiracy out to destroy your nation. That's both pretty much the only possible reading of why there would be a "Jewish Question" in modern life, and the dominant way people will interpret that phrase today, because it was Hitler and the Final Solution that made the phrase really stick in our collective consciousness.

If you hear someone use the phrase "Jewish Question" in earnest today, and especially if they start to abbreviate it as "JQ" because they find themselves referring to it so frequently, it means they're an actual Nazi.

vyelkin has a new favorite as of 06:02 on Dec 11, 2018

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
The exception would be if they were referring to it in a specifically historical context as you were, but in such a case context should remove all ambiguity from its use.

When in doubt it’s a nazi

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

christmas boots posted:

When in doubt it’s a nazi

Could you make this a snappy rhyme like "when in doubt, lay them out"?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

wizzardstaff posted:

Hey, remember Righter, the dating app that launched this month with the goal of connecting men and women to form traditional, right-wing relationships just like God and Ronald Reagan intended?

Data Graham posted:

"You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated"

:stonklol:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

This is a joke.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's why, in addition to executing billionaires, we should also execute politicians.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

wizzardstaff posted:

Imagine for a moment that this was a real doctor. "We do not store anything" means that he's garbage even at the most naive interpretation of what he claims to do.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Data Graham posted:

"You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated" oh well poo poo yeah sign me up.

...is that even legal?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
im hoping it means that once the month starts, you cant refund that month

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

RatHat posted:

...is that even legal?

It's been suggested that what that actually means is "there's no trial period, once you've paid for a month you can't get your money back", but I prefer the funnier, griftier version.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

im hoping it means that once the month starts, you cant refund that month

I actually hope they mean the illegal thing that might get them fined.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

everything is legal with bitcoin*

*statement may not be true

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

By reading this post you agree to signing up for T-man's Astro Plane Protection. For 40 dollars a month I will guard you on the astral plane, and if you can prove scientifically that the plane has caused anything negative to happen to you, you're given a chance to cancel your subscription.

Just PM me paypal links thanks

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Memento posted:

Could you make this a snappy rhyme like "when in doubt, lay them out"?

If there’s no way to be surer, odds are they’re into the fuhrer

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

T-man posted:

By reading this post you agree to signing up for T-man's Astro Plane Protection. For 40 dollars a month I will guard you on the astral plane, and if you can prove scientifically that the plane has caused anything negative to happen to you, you're given a chance to cancel your subscription.

Just PM me paypal links thanks

The fuckin' day I've had, I have to assume I'm vulnerable to some kind of metaphysical attack, so just take my money.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I got this picture off this thread.. anyone got another similar stupid one?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Biplane posted:

That's why, in addition to executing billionaires, we should also execute politicians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I understand the logic behind saying "killing all the rich people won't solve the systemic problems of late stage capitalism," but I think it's still worth a shot.