Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I believe what's coming next doesn't arrive until next week so you have time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Thuryl posted:

It does kinda feel like something the writers changed their mind on, but from an in-universe perspective I could totally see Roman bullshitting us about that to keep us focused on the mission instead of getting sidetracked saving random people, so it doesn't bother me that much.

That or Chaldea has/had a very limited/incorrect understanding of how the singularities work and are "repaired" after being prevented.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SC Bracer posted:

This series pretty much runs on retcons

They've established a bunch of rules on how the singularities work, what servants can remember, how the chaldea summoning system works, etc, but honestly they just throw it all out the window if they think it'll make a plot twist or funny gag.

Tired Moritz posted:

So do I have to rush through Babylonia now for whatever that's gonna come up next?

They will release the big finale to part 1 in a week or so. You have to have cleared Babylon to play it.

It has a number of raid bosses to be killed in it. Some of those raid bosses drop good loot and thus on JP they were farmed heavily and died quickly.

If you're playing through it after the raid bosses have already been killed, you'll just fight each boss once and can't farm them for mats. You won't miss out on any story or anything, and it's not a timed event. If you don't care about farming the raid bosses you can wait however long you want to clear it.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Tired Moritz posted:

So do I have to rush through Babylonia now for whatever that's gonna come up next?

In addition to the stuff about mat farming above, JP gave out 30 quartz to everyone who'd cleared Babylonia before Solomon dropped. Nothing said yet about whether NA's getting that too, but it's a possible extra incentive to get through it.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I understood Quetz. :supaburn: But it was worth it. SKY HIGH RIDER-BUSTER JUSTICE BOMB!

E: also, telling us what the enemy has in store in terms of gimmicks after selecting our parties is a dirty trick, game.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Dec 11, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Who the heck.is this twintail in jp

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Christmas 2018 news

-Bradamante is a 5* Quick lancer with an assload of health designed by the xenoblade 2 guy, she will be permanent
-Ruler Quetz has a costume that gives her a luchador mask
-BONES AND FANGS IN THE LOTTO
-Santa Alter command code is 4 crit stars when you hit with that card, 4* command code is +1000 damage on that card, 3* command code removes an enemy defense-buff
-Previously mentioned QOL poo poo including the pre reveal lines for EOR servants
-Martha is getting an animation update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L_Yvrpcwjw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Kur89ewPY

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Dec 11, 2018

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Bradamante.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradamante

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ou my God it's just mithra. Saitom had to unleash his panty shots after the latest xenoblade update.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also Martha and Swimsuit Martha are on the rateup banner.

You know, in case you wanted more SR Rulers.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mood

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

They've established a bunch of rules on how the singularities work, what servants can remember, how the chaldea summoning system works, etc, but honestly they just throw it all out the window if they think it'll make a plot twist or funny gag.
Anastasia literally shows up in an event that takes place canonically before she's even summoned, could potentially spoil new players on her identity, and has nothing to do with her, just so she can yell IT'S GODDAMN HOT and leave.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Ou my God it's just mithra. Saitom had to unleash his panty shots after the latest xenoblade update.
this is like the seventh thread you've acted like that change was a forced addition by the anti-pervert nintendo gods and not just an alternate costume that they added for free for kicks, with the original costume still in the game and still the default

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's a joke, do you stalk me in other threads

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Just finished Babylon and I gotta say gently caress you DW for having Jaguar Man be a story locked 3 star and also if I don't roll Grandpa during his rate ups I'll probably die because HE'S SO COOL

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

At least you get jaguar man for free. She's the last free servant we get from singularities.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Isn't pretty much every singularity servant after this point a limited 4 or 5 star? I recall seeing bitching about that somewhere before. :v:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ruler Quetz is getting an alternate costume change to put on her Lucha mask. I feel this is important.

I don't think I've ever heard of Bradamante but lol at the butt cut-in on her NP.

Also, holy poo poo bone and fangs in the box gacha. I still need 1k bones just for my conservative skill targets. I am not going to be able to speak to my family this christmas because I will be too busy tapping on Skadi and watching Lancelot fly around. I just wish they had saber pieces in the shop instead of the cavalry classes, I'm like 9 short.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Congratulations, Erik Bloodaxe.

After 3 and a half years, you finally made it onto a CE.

:unsmith:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Summer Martha has two rate ups in thr year 2018 and oui has yet a second rate up. gently caress you dw.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

Isn't pretty much every singularity servant after this point a limited 4 or 5 star? I recall seeing bitching about that somewhere before. :v:
list of singularity servants past this point:

Shinjuku:
Limited 5*
Story-locked 4*
4*
4*

Agartha:
5*
4*
4*
Story-locked 3*

Shimosa:
Story-locked 4*
Story-locked 4*
4*
4*
3*

Salem:
Limited 5*
Story-locked 4*
4*
4*

LB1:
Limited 5*
5*
4*
3*
Story-locked 3*

LB2:
Limited 5*
Limited 5*
5*
4*

LB3:
Limited 5*
5*
Story-locked 4*
4*
4*
Story-locked 3*

TBH the only things I have a problem with are the story-locked 3*s and whatever the hell was going on with LB2.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Babylonia has been....a ride. I'm not done with it yet, but I've gotten to a rather big moment. I think tomorrow I'll sink my teeth into the last handful of chapters.

Gonna be some interesting dreams tonight, I think.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Captain Baal posted:

-Martha is getting an animation update
Holy poo poo

Still no gunpowder, stakes, or stingers in a lotto? I guess the latest valentine's was more or less a stingers lotto effectively but what the hell are people doing with LB servants that need tons of the powder?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Auto burn on embers from quests now

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

There is some conflicting info going around in the discord regarding the gameplay for the next singularity; I'm not sure I need to spoil this but just to be safe: are ALL pillar raids available immediately, or does it go one-by-one with one opening up after the previous dies?

As I understand it all except the secret eighth pillar Andromalius are available immediately.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That's just twintails Mythra.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

Holy poo poo

Still no gunpowder, stakes, or stingers in a lotto? I guess the latest valentine's was more or less a stingers lotto effectively but what the hell are people doing with LB servants that need tons of the powder?

Gunpowder and stakes are needed by very few characters. So giving a lotto for it now really does nothing for people in JP except let them clear up servants we've had for a year and that's depending on how many of the servants you actually got that require those things. Meanwhile, old bronze mats are still being seen in newer servants and at hefty amounts. I shouldn't need to tell you how many bones any one person could need for most of their archive is enormous. This isn't to factor in people who have been playing for 1+ year who don't scratch up to the older players and still are trying to catch up in some ways but are able to do enough that they can actually make it into LB1. All that's being done with servants who need new mats is either people are grinding them in their off time or waiting for events that give them as store mats of which there have been several, there really isn't a desperate need for a lotto of a new mat and this is coming from someone with both Sheba and Ereshkigal.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Dec 11, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I still need stakes for eresk and I had over a 100 to start

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/Iceman_BSAA/status/1072430726858072064

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Captain Baal posted:

Gunpowder and stakes are needed by very few characters. So giving a lotto for it now really does nothing for people in JP except let them clear up servants we've had for a year and that's depending on how many of the servants you actually got that require those things. Meanwhile, old bronze mats are still being seen in newer servants and at hefty amounts. I shouldn't need to tell you how many bones any one person could need for most of their archive is enormous. This isn't to factor in people who have been playing for 1+ year who don't scratch up to the older players and still are trying to catch up in some ways but are able to do enough that they can actually make it into LB1. All that's being done with servants who need new mats is either people are grinding them in their off time or waiting for events that give them as store mats of which there have been several, there really isn't a desperate need for a lotto of a new mat and this is coming from someone with both Sheba and Ereshkigal.
I guess the addition of Chains in NA just kind of broke my expectations a bit because it immediately had the Nerofest 2 lotto with them. That just seems to be a logical through line where you introduce new bronze mats, and have them in an upcoming lotto while also including the old ones in various amounts so that people can clear their shiny new servants. That feels like that'd be the most fair balance.

Not having stakes in the Eresh Xmas lotto feels particularly :psyduck:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

They have different head shape, different eyes, different hairs and different dress.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
To echo the sentiment I've seen posted elsewhere: Bradamante is a painfully generic harem LN design, and that NP looks straight out of a fanservice mobage titled "*Insert Noun Here* Girls"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
we need to stop this discrimination against sameface anime artist

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

I guess the addition of Chains in NA just kind of broke my expectations a bit because it immediately had the Nerofest 2 lotto with them. That just seems to be a logical through line where you introduce new bronze mats, and have them in an upcoming lotto while also including the old ones in various amounts so that people can clear their shiny new servants. That feels like that'd be the most fair balance.

Not having stakes in the Eresh Xmas lotto feels particularly :psyduck:

Tbh it's not a hard and fast rule, because as you've seen these jokers do whatever the hell they want to sometimes. That's how you end up with fluids lotto where it is the sole bronze mat in the box and they just released a servant who needs 8 million stakes, but they usually tend to be mindful of what people are yelling at them about.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 11, 2018

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Sophism posted:

To echo the sentiment I've seen posted elsewhere: Bradamante is a painfully generic harem LN design, and that NP looks straight out of a fanservice mobage titled "*Insert Noun Here* Girls"

zzz

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gah. Sudden Bradamante rear end is sudden.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Sophism posted:

Seems to be the theme with Matter of France knights. I can forgive buttshots if she's still as :black101: as in her legend though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i can forgive :black101: if she has buttshots

YggdrasilTM posted:

They have different head shape, different eyes, different hairs and different dress.
fgo twitter has figured out that if the same artist draws similarly aged characters of the same gender with the same body type in the same pose then they'll probably look fairly similar, and this has really helped them decide who to send death threats to each week

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So she’s a little generic.

They can’t all be demon, centaur giants with flaming heads and glowing eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Oof.