Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

queeb posted:

is arc totem heiro still capable of all endgame poo poo (uber elder etc) with the loss of the one totem? i guess you could add the +2 totem support but that's a 20% less mod on top of the spell totem less.

Going from 3 to 5 totems and losing 20% damage is still 33% more damage. Depending on the totem that may be about as good as other damage supports. It will result in a slower ramp up though, since you'd have to cast 3 times to get all the totems out instead of just twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

StashAugustine posted:

Running an SRS build and it feels pretty good when it works (if a bit squishy but otoh my gear sucks). My two issues are that mana is huge (I am reserving a huge amount though) and that it feels kind of awkward having to start and stop all the time. Anything that can mitigate these issues?
Cast speed and skill duration are your best quality of life stats.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

:allears:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

If you want to play shattering steel, do something else until you can equip a terminus est and haemophilia

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Maybe I should have looked up what It That Fled's reward meant before doing this safehouse; I now have two 'upgrade a breachstone' benches and zero breachstones to use them on, and even lovely breachstones cost more currency than I have :v:

What I'm saying is, if someone has a breachstone and wants a free upgrade, I'm gonna hang around in the instance for a half hour or so, so just send me an invite - I'm Ayndin in game as well.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I was sick this weekend so I called out of work and spent all day playing my Necromancer - things are starting to fall into place. Did my Lab, bought 4-linked Bones of Ullr for 2 alcs, switched over to Shield Charge, and got all the gems I'll need. Had a nice 5-socket chest drop, spammed a bunch of Fusings on it but couldn't 5-link it yet. Running 3 Spectres and 9 Zombies, not using Skeletons due to lack of slots. Capped my resists, and didn't die at all today (some close calls though) and don't think I lost a Spectre or Zombie at all. Bosses just melt. Had a Safehouse chest drop 5 Chaos, which was a nice bonus! Going rates currently on a 6 socket Vis Mortis is 15-20 Chaos, so still saving up. Will try to link it myself, though possibly stupid.

Will finish Act 6 tomorrow and hopefully be in maps before the weekend. Gear Progress: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ElChimiCabraDiablo/characters?characterName=BarrelFullOfChimis

Otacon fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Dec 11, 2018

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Quality and 6 socket the chest before you try linking it.

E. And don't try to link a random 5s chest that dropped :stonk:

Dream Attack
Feb 12, 2008

nothing in this world

Otacon posted:

Going rates currently on a 6 socket Vis Mortis is 15-20 Chaos, so still saving up. Will try to link it myself, though possibly stupid.
[/url]

I played a spectre/skelemancer for a few leagues, and the cheapest and easiest way to ramp up your damage is to buy the cheapest Vis Mortis you can find, then buy the Jeweller's Touch prophecy - this instantly 5-links any body armor for just 1 Jeweller's orb. I bought my prophecy for ~20 chaos at the start of the league, and a 6 link really isn't necessary.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Between atlas objectives, syndicate stuff, atzoatls, and delves, there is just so much content to do now. So much stuff can spawn in maps, I'm seeing some pretty ridiculous situations on a regular basis. I can't wait to see what types of absurd items people will be crafting now. Such a great patch.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
Is there any way to make it not play the dinging noise when a poo poo ring drops? I assumed the loot filter would do that since it doesn't highlight them, but it still makes a dumb noise.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its hiding the ring but still playing the noise?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Betrayal mechanics are the worst part of betrayal

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Awesome! posted:

its hiding the ring but still playing the noise?

Yeah every goddamned time.

Edit: Not like a fancy UI noise, the sound of like a ring hitting the ground. It just sounds like something good but it's not.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Randomly decided to play an arc-miner as my league starter. First time ever playing a shadow, and first time doing mines.

So far traps feel fairly powerful (I'm only level 12 - using explosive trap until I get arc) but the playstyle feels pretty clunky. Hoping that when I switch to arc & mine and a 4-link it will feel a lot better. Initial 4-link to be Arc - Remote Mine - Minefield - Added Lightning. I'm following this guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2249948

Hope that guide isn't terrible, since I did exactly 0 research on this!

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
Any idea if a corrupted 6-link with 70ish life and one 30%ish resist is gonna be worth more than the divine I'd get for vendoring it?

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
One way to find out!

Scottishprog
Jun 30, 2012
On the GC miner at least, getting the full mine/trap tree is a huge QOL thing.

My character feels much less clunky placing and firing the mines.

(Now if I could ever get around to actually using GC mines....)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ThermosAquaticus posted:

Any idea if a corrupted 6-link with 70ish life and one 30%ish resist is gonna be worth more than the divine I'd get for vendoring it?

at this point in the league its probably worth more than a divine if it has usable colors

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

God I have no idea how the any of the high end bestiary works. Seeing as how expensive some of the farrul stuff is I'm going to assume that beast is a dick

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the gateway beast for him is super rare, only spawning in like t13+ maps and his chest piece is really good.

at least thats how it was in bestiary. he could be more common now i guess.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

The Locator posted:

Randomly decided to play an arc-miner as my league starter. First time ever playing a shadow, and first time doing mines.

So far traps feel fairly powerful (I'm only level 12 - using explosive trap until I get arc) but the playstyle feels pretty clunky. Hoping that when I switch to arc & mine and a 4-link it will feel a lot better. Initial 4-link to be Arc - Remote Mine - Minefield - Added Lightning. I'm following this guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2249948

Hope that guide isn't terrible, since I did exactly 0 research on this!

You'll feel clunky until you get insta-detonate from the Volatile Mines wheel,, but after that it's smooth sailing. Go Pyro -> Born in Shadows for your first labs; Pyro gives sustain, and Born has an insanely cool defensive layer in the blind aura

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Shamelessly stolen from reddit.

Gaardean
May 28, 2012

500 good dogs posted:

Is there any way to make it not play the dinging noise when a poo poo ring drops? I assumed the loot filter would do that since it doesn't highlight them, but it still makes a dumb noise.

Yes, add DisableDropSound to the loot filter listing for whatever you want silenced.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

me and a group of friends want to get into this for the first time and one guy linked this guide saying it was a good beginner friendly https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951
is this an alright guide to follow for the first time through? i also heard of a new brand system that sounds pretty sweet, would that be a good route to take for a first timer?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah that guide is fine

brands are (brand) new so there wont really be any good guides to follow yet

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Awesome! posted:

yeah that guide is fine

brands are (brand) new so there wont really be any good guides to follow yet

are there any other good newbie builds other than arc witch that won't make me feel gimped because two of our group are already devoted to running it.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

Futaba Anzu posted:

are there any other good newbie builds other than arc witch that won't make me feel gimped because two of our group are already devoted to running it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1960538/page/1 is treating me quite nicely.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

Champion anything is very solid and the tree is generic enough that you can run pretty much anything melee.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Flavahbeast posted:

Does everyone get dumpstered by these assassination squads sometimes or is my worb Inquisitor just not very good? I got one-shot by Riker in a yellow map with 4800 health and MoM

I need more health but still. Worb definitely doesn't shine when you're fighting 2+ bosses and you want to focus one down asap
Until last night I was the founder and president of the Have Never Survived A Gank Attempt By The Syndicate club

(though admittedly I'm only level 45 on my babby flicker Scion so maybe it will improve later?)

Zephro fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Dec 11, 2018

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Futaba Anzu posted:

Vaal Double Strike Champion/Gladiator/Juggernaut
Tornadoshot Deadeye/Champion

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I kinda get what happens when the Syndicate members become Trusted with each-other but what's the benefit of Rivarly exactly?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

frajaq posted:

I kinda get what happens when the Syndicate members become Trusted with each-other but what's the benefit of Rivarly exactly?

They pop in and help you against their rival. Rivalry options also tend to come with powerful benefits.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

is there ever a reason to take the option that clears all rivalries?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Captain Foo posted:

More allies = more people show up = more loot and faster safehouses

If you can kill them.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

So I did one of the Vaal Apex map things with the 4 fragments and breezed all the way to the last fight and then got repeatedly oneshot by the big ground circles they spawn, I still made it to the last phase but ran out of portals. Maybe it’s time to get a movement skill since I’ve just been pounding quicksilvers and that wasn’t working so well there.

Captain Foo posted:

The alternative is usually losing a rank on the dude so I tend to pick the rivalry removal if I’m close to unlocking a safe house and don’t think I’ll be able to rank him up again in time.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Suprfli6 posted:

So I did one of the Vaal Apex map things with the 4 fragments and breezed all the way to the last fight and then got repeatedly oneshot by the big ground circles they spawn, I still made it to the last phase but ran out of portals. Maybe it’s time to get a movement skill since I’ve just been pounding quicksilvers and that wasn’t working so well there.

Regular Atziri? Ya shes the introduction to Real Bosses and asks 'can you move out of circles?' Expect the same or much more difficult from the other superbosses

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Suprfli6 posted:

:shobon:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Atziri is also a great introduction to reflect!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Atziri is also a great introduction to reflect!

....way to ruin the surprise, jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Err, uhh, I mean how can you not help but gaze at your reflection in the mirror that she carries??