Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Which parts of the dossier have been proven wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Pages and pages ago, but I just wanna point out that almost a full day later this tweet is still up.

St. John Coltrane posted:

I can't recall any

edit:

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Dec 11, 2018

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Wylie posted:

Where did we all get the idea that Clinton's impeachment was revenge for Nixon? I don't recall that being A Thing™ at all at the time. Nixon's legacy as a crime-doer who deserved at least what he got (if not more) was set long before Clinton's time.

Only the House of Representatives has the power of impeachment and the Democrats controlled the House from 1954-94. The Republicans used the first term after they took the House to investigate Clinton for things that happened when he was the governor of Arkansas. There is no way that the Republicans weren't searching for something to impeach Clinton on after they got the power to do so.

The easiest answer to why is because they wanted to get revenge for Nixon.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Cable Guy posted:

I can't recall any

St. John Coltrane posted:

michael cohen travelling to prague in september to meet with hackers and deal with the fallout is not technically disproven, since it's hard to prove a negative, but drat near close

especially since now he's cooperating and it would straight-up be the huge smoking gun that would prove the entire core of the case and totally legitimize the whole investigation, and there's no indication whatsoever mueller's team thinks it happened

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

logger posted:

The easiest answer to why is because they wanted to get revenge for Nixon.

The easiest answer is that they didn't give a gently caress about Nixon were looking to pull every procedural level they could to stymie the branches of government they didn't control.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1072459097855938560

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Is his argument basically gonna become that the wall is MISSION ACCOMPLISHED?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

Without a doubt. He was never gonna get the wall. So at some point, he has reshaped the narrative to "we stopped the super criminals at the border, wall no longer needed. Big win!"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
"Now instead of wasting billions of dollars on a wall, we can waste billions of dollars on a permanent military presence and the Dems can't stop me because I'm the Commander in Chief :cool:"

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Senor Tron posted:

Maybe, but not yet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1072462207416446976
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1072464107784323072

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Pretty sure the Great Wall was pretty hard and expensive to build.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I really hope that he roasts in his own personal hell for all eternity when his heart finally gives out from all the fast food.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Not to mention all of them collectively took more than 2,000 years to build.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

people barely even bother retweeting and complaining about this type of wall stuff, it's basically white noise that no one actually gives a poo poo about because he's lied about it for so long so consistently

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
:umberto:

We need the wall because we are weak but the border is secure because I am strong.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I really hope that he roasts in his own personal hell for all eternity when his heart finally gives out from all the fast food.

All the oil and fat probably means everything is well-greased, in best working order.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

eke out posted:

people barely even bother retweeting and complaining about this type of wall stuff, it's basically white noise that no one actually gives a poo poo about because he's lied about it for so long so consistently

I think he's just run out of new ideas; it's all fallbacks and "hey I got popular on wall rhetoric, let's do that again".

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

We need the wall because we are weak but the border is secure because I am strong.

The baseline persecution complex of every racial supremacist. "We are the best there is, but we must always fear the inferior hordes."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Taerkar posted:

A lot of the right believe still that Nixon Did Nothing Wrong.

ingraham was the keynote speaker at a work conference i attended and when she said she was a nixon fan it caused some of my older coworkers to walk out.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

As far as I know, the military is not near the area where the people from the caravan showed up (which was near Tijuana)

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

ingraham was the keynote speaker at a work conference i attended and when she said she was a nixon fan it caused some of my older coworkers to walk out.

Fry, he opened up relations with China.

I remember on the commentary track the writers mentioned how hard it was to find something positive in Nixon's legacy for that joke. But hey, if we can rehabilitate GHWB, and Reagan, why not Nixon? They were all luminaries, done in by the liberal gay agenda!

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Skippy McPants posted:

Fry, he opened up relations with China.

I remember on the commentary track the writers mentioned how hard it was to find something positive in Nixon's legacy for that joke. But hey, if we can rehabilitate GHWB, and Reagan, why not Nixon? They were all luminaries, done in by the liberal gay agenda!

Trump put W's rehab into hyperdrive.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Well I'm a pro Crime and Disease democrat, myself.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
The finishing touch:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1072471575956504576

Oh lord I would love to see the reaction from the troops to an order to put the wall up.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Guze posted:

Trump put W's rehab into hyperdrive.

If someone told me 10 years ago that Michelle Obama and GWB would have a PR boosting friendship I would have laughed so much my rear end would have literally shaken off my body.

Then here we are in 2018 where Democratic talking heads :neckbeard: over Bush being friendly toward her at high profile funerals.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Kammat posted:

The finishing touch:

Oh lord I would love to see the reaction from the troops to an order to put the wall up.

Cool, then looks like there's no need to fund the Wall then. And I'd much rather the already apportioned Military budget was wasted on this giant racist monument than used to kill Yemeni kids or whatever

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Cool, then looks like there's no need to fund the Wall then. And I'd much rather the already apportioned Military budget was wasted on this giant racist monument than used to kill Yemeni kids or whatever

Imagine if we used our troops mostly as a mobile construction force.

Except instead of building a pointless wall in the desert they fixed up crumbling parts of America and brought aid to disaster zones around the world.

But bombs and fancy planes are far more expensive so there’s waaay too much incentive to keep the war machine churning.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the president is so loving stupid.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

RasperFat posted:

Imagine if we used our troops mostly as a mobile construction force.

Except instead of building a pointless wall in the desert they fixed up crumbling parts of America and brought aid to disaster zones around the world.

But bombs and fancy planes are far more expensive so there’s waaay too much incentive to keep the war machine churning.

There are a lot of things the military could do in that regard, but the government would be sued by private companies for competing with them.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Kammat posted:

The finishing touch:

Things The Military Absolutely Will Not Do for $800, Alex.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

No Trump this time

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1072472074885709824

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Are there any numbers on how much it would cost to maintain a wall that size in the middle of the loving desert?

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

SimonCat posted:

There are a lot of things the military could do in that regard, but the government would be sued by private companies for competing with them.

Oh yeah I don’t expect it to happen at all.

It’s just darkly hilarious that we could easily use our overwhelming military power and convert it to actual aid making the world a better place, but we don’t because it would interfere with profits for the rich.

:capitalism:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

friendbot2000 posted:

Are there any numbers on how much it would cost to maintain a wall that size in the middle of the loving desert?

Nothing because Mexico will pay for it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

friendbot2000 posted:

No rain, no erosion! It would be there forever, no maintenance required!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

how long till the furious trump tweets lol

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

RasperFat posted:

Oh yeah I don’t expect it to happen at all.

It’s just darkly hilarious that we could easily use our overwhelming military power and convert it to actual aid making the world a better place, but we don’t because it would interfere with profits for the rich.

:capitalism:

Well the other thing is that construction on that level is just not something troops are trained how to do. They are trained to fight and building a large scale construction project is not somethingng that could be taught quickly and easily.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

feedmyleg posted:

"Now instead of wasting billions of dollars on a wall, we can waste billions of dollars on a permanent military presence and the Dems can't stop me because I'm the Commander in Chief :cool:"

Sorry but... Why would our party be against protecting our borders? Our congressional leaders are working their butts off trying to establish funding for proper border security so I don’t think this is a very constructive opinion to give.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SalTheBard posted:

Well the other thing is that construction on that level is just not something troops are trained how to do. They are trained to fight and building a large scale construction project is not somethingng that could be taught quickly and easily.

if only the army had a corps of engineers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

eke out posted:

how long till the furious trump tweets lol

He never would have won if I hadn't ordered Jared to tell MBS to kill him. No credit. Fake news. SAD!