Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

I'm surprised I haven't heard one way or the other about whether or not Hyperion's rework made him any better/how much better. I have no idea, because he was at 1* for me until last week.

I've been doing WBU at Level 1 the entire time, as I understood that there's no difference in prizing for making it harder to get through, so I'm not sure why anyone would do that. Is there a max level for it and a prize at the end?

the difference is minor but its not zero. you should instead do it at the highest level that you can steamroll, which will be constantly increasing cos your raid level will go up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Love the multi week City Hero check in event, to stock up on the bios of all the shittiest characters in the game, and then feed them to Jean Grey

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So, T2 Gambit is almost SW level OP.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

OK so is Sharog's new costume worth it? The "tier list" on Reddit has her at the top with it, but she was already up there with the old costume and level 60, so I don't know if the costume bumped her, 70 bumped her, or together they're great

e: seeing that it's a bump in damage done but no extra survivability, will still grab I guess

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 9, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm debating on who to get to 4/20 from the premium characters next, and my options are: Killmonger, Ironheart, Ghost Panther, Carnage, Crescent and Kid Kaiju.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adult Sword Owner posted:

OK so is Sharog's new costume worth it? The "tier list" on Reddit has her at the top with it, but she was already up there with the old costume and level 60, so I don't know if the costume bumped her, 70 bumped her, or together they're great

e: seeing that it's a bump in damage done but no extra survivability, will still grab I guess

i read somewhere that it also makes her damage less physical and more energy, which is probably true, cos she does massively more damage to black dwarf

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

twistedmentat posted:

I'm debating on who to get to 4/20 from the premium characters next, and my options are: Killmonger, Ironheart, Ghost Panther, Carnage, Crescent and Kid Kaiju.

Carnage is good if you don't have Apocalypse for combat villain. I haven't used the rest much but Killmonger is Wolverine without the absurd regeneration and can get you bonuses in the BP cinematic battles, and Ghost Panther is universal so helps with UWB valor I think.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

twistedmentat posted:

I have tier 2 carnage and honestly I would skip him. He was great back when he released but I hardly ever use him anymore. Even in ABX he feels weak.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, i think Carnage is outdated. I'd arguably put Sandman above him with combat villains and probably Dark Beast as well. That's off the top of my head but both are farmable.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bagrada posted:

Carnage is good if you don't have Apocalypse for combat villain. I haven't used the rest much but Killmonger is Wolverine without the absurd regeneration and can get you bonuses in the BP cinematic battles, and Ghost Panther is universal so helps with UWB valor I think.

I have Apoc right now, so I guess i'll do Ghost Panther because I have shards of his left over from the event so it won't take long.

And that list was specifically the characters that I have outstanding, if I didn't list them they're already t2 most likely. I wish this game had a site where you could have your roster available for people to see like Galaxy of Heroes.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Edmund Lava posted:

I have tier 2 carnage and honestly I would skip him. He was great back when he released but I hardly ever use him anymore. Even in ABX he feels weak.

He has great survivability but his damage just isn't there, I usually burn him on a lower SL

punchymcpunch posted:

i read somewhere that it also makes her damage less physical and more energy, which is probably true, cos she does massively more damage to black dwarf

Oh that would be useful yes.

Also I'm not sure what they're talking about because her uniform also gives an extra 10% damage reduction so maybe it's the change in 3? Though looks like 3c is still the way to go for the shield?

Either way I forgot the sale was over so I'm going to wait, hoping for a New Years sale

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There was a Ghost Panther event? I missed that entirely somehow.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

There was a Ghost Panther event? I missed that entirely somehow.

nah hes paywall

Also I'm not sure what they're talking about because her uniform also gives an extra 10% damage reduction so maybe it's the change in 3? Though looks like 3c is still the way to go for the shield?

Either way I forgot the sale was over so I'm going to wait, hoping for a New Years sale

i think her 5 lost an iframe but im not sure cos she was useless at wbu before the new costume so i didnt use her for months

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm out of practice with Sharon. She only really got use for me lately in like a low/mid 20s Shadowland stage if I used a lot of blasters earlier. I got her to 70/4/25 and just new a few T3 resources to get her upgraded. I just didn't get the costume before the sale ran out but I'm sure there will be another one soon enough. I took her for a spin in WBU and she did more damage it seemed but was still kind of soft and the Physical/Energy split makes her kind of bad for WBU.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

i think her 5 lost an iframe but im not sure cos she was useless at wbu before the new costume so i didnt use her for months

Eh I use her if I'm feeling a little dangerous, but I also only bother with rank 1 unless I'm pushing, in which case I'm using Cap anyway (or I guess Thor now, since I FINALLY got him to 3 and he can be my energy boi)

Unrelated, man, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm on 29 SL with Luna and just can't beat the first round. Even using HB as leader (no other +damage% dudes left) and Shuri on the team, one guy is always left with a sliver of health at 1:00.

I just maxed all her skills and I'll retool her urus but I was able to clear last reset with her, Shuri, and Strange as my 3rd, so I guess it's just a team damage issue at this point. Maybe I can get her to 62 before reset.

e: Re: her split, honestly at this point I just do CG with 3 20% ignore strikers so I don't even need to think about it

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 10, 2018

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

the Physical/Energy split makes her kind of bad for WBU

yeah

when i read the new one is mainly energy and it murders black dwarf i instabought it

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009
While we are on uniform talk, Miles' new uniform makes him very, very good. Like, IW Spidey good. Makes a poo poo-tier character into a badass just like the did with Bucky and Widow and their IW updates. Given the new End Game trailer's reveal of Ronin it looks like Hawkeye mey be next to get the poo poo to great treatment!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yep. I bought it and miles is a good time now.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Davedog posted:

While we are on uniform talk, Miles' new uniform makes him very, very good. Like, IW Spidey good. Makes a poo poo-tier character into a badass just like the did with Bucky and Widow and their IW updates. Given the new End Game trailer's reveal of Ronin it looks like Hawkeye mey be next to get the poo poo to great treatment!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yep. I bought it and miles is a good time now.

ok you talked me into it

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Hey all,

I have always liked this game but due to some ex-gf issues in life most of my games and accounts are gone. I have recreated my MFF account under the name of SuperWyrm and applied to Doctor Goons. Could I get in if possible? Seemed like only Marble Hebrons and Doctor Goons were still active.

Thanks for keeping the thread and discussion alive. Been reading the last 60ish pages and this game still seems to rock pretty well after all this time. Suprising all the new content they've added in, def not the norm for cel phone games.

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009
Buster Highman is also active (we just hit store level 10!), and we have seven open spots! We could definitely use more goon presence!

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Swapping my invite over to Buster Highman

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
In case anyone is still wondering, Hyperion with the cel shaded look is very good. I've got him and lvl 68 and he kills things fast.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I really don't want to spend my 6* mrut on golden diaper superman but I kinda want to unlock the level 10 challenge on Corvus

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

Wyrmthang posted:

Swapping my invite over to Buster Highman

Gotcha!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

bobmcdynamite posted:

In case anyone is still wondering, Hyperion with the cel shaded look is very good. I've got him and lvl 68 and he kills things fast.

How is he now WITHOUT that costume?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

A surfing dog?! posted:

I really don't want to spend my 6* mrut on golden diaper superman but I kinda want to unlock the level 10 challenge on Corvus

Hyperion answers the question "what if we took the most borning character in comics history and made him even more boring?"

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

How is he now WITHOUT that costume?

Just tried it. He's ok but not top tier. The changes that the costume makes on the 2 skills are a pretty big deal, especially on 4 since that seems to be the main damage dealer.

I personally wouldn't waste too much time on him without the costume.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

T3 Sharon without the new costume seems fun. I took down Ebony at 20 with her. Took a little while but the 6 does good damage so my strategy was mostly just to recharge and stay alive for that. Didn't have luck on 29 but that's probably expecting a lot. I'll have to take her for a spin against Corvus and Dwarf and see how she does. And maybe Thanos but I usually avoid him.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So they have chance up on the CTP packs and Card packs. Foolishly I didn't look at the odds before trying (the cards have worse odds than the custom gears.)

I gambled 4 times and I got the GoTG premium card (Best Story Ever). Disappointed that it's not a part of any collection for free stat pumps.
Steping away from this online gambling.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Why is Battleworld so loving tedious? Like getting through all the screens to continue to the next fight takes longer than the fights themselves.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I was on the fence about bothering with Weapon Hex but at 50 she just wrecked Slands 2, which granted, is just 2, but drat

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I was on the fence about bothering with Weapon Hex but at 50 she just wrecked Slands 2, which granted, is just 2, but drat

As a Level 60 Tier 1 she can handle most of the later levels of Shadowlands. I imagine at T2 she would be insane.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I have her at t2 but I haven't really tried any of the high 20's with her. She can easily handle anything up to that though. She's pretty mediocre in timeline and can do early WBU stuff. Those clones of hers that she gives to allies are pretty useless. Overall she's probably slightly better than Magik, and worse than X-23. I don't remember what mutants you need the x-gene sub for and I never got Gambit so I can't really say who might make better use of them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Waifu Hex is pretty solid in basically everything, except PVP and Energy WBU. I don't know why she gets wrecked in pvp, but she does. And I find her against Maw a lot of her attacks don't do anything, even though they're all labeled energy.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

As a Level 60 Tier 1 she can handle most of the later levels of Shadowlands. I imagine at T2 she would be insane.

I was hoping to not resub any of the monthly bios for a while but here we are

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hey, Hyperions pretty good now. I took him for a ride with Vision on a low teen Shadowland and he demolished the floor. It was a low teen universal relay that Vision was supposed to handle so nothing huge but I only have him at 4/17 and he was basically an unkillable bulldozer just mashing buttons. I imagine a properly worked up and played one could do some damage.

Ironically I voted for Vision because he was easier to work up and was annoyed at you privileged folks voting for the pay character I didn't have T2ed. Guess that worked out.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

New patch gives Luna t3 and buffs her new uni. I'll probably grab it the next time a sale is going on.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

A surfing dog?! posted:

New patch gives Luna t3 and buffs her new uni. I'll probably grab it the next time a sale is going on.

I've been racing her to 70 but T3 and fixing the uni is just disgusting

e: love too stall out at mid 20s SL because I got "Universal villain" and the only free ones are Hela and level 50 CG

I forget where I used Thanos earlier but it was clearly a waste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im incredibly stingy with my univeral villains for that reason, its the most restrictive floor rule and sometimes you get it with no alternates, leaving you up poo poo creek