Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Grand Theft Twisted Metal, huh? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I feel like thats probably giving it a lot more credit than it deserves. I am immediately wary of all new adversarial modes. Half the time it feels like the staff never sat down and just like, played a few rounds to see obvious problems that arise.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Looks like a Death Race homage to me

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Motorcycle mounted mini guns should be about 100% more useful than on a car

Bitch please. Never underestimate R*'s ability to nerf a potentially cool and useful thing.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Is there any single player content takes place INSIDE the arena?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Is there any single player content takes place INSIDE the arena?

There's a cut scene in the lobby with Michael and Lazlow, but nothing in the arena itself.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/FoxySnaps/status/1072383698794885120

Looks neat but ultimately boring as hell after all the new vehicles are out & everything. At least they're coming up with new ways to manipulate people into playing adversary modes since those are kind of fun.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Looking at all the new cars coming, ouch, oof, my wallet.

STUBBY BOB!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

gently caress me, they're adding the motherfucking V8 Interceptor from Mad Max. I may have to reinstall this awful game :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhahahahaha

You have to buy an arena war workshop that starts a million dollars because of loving course you do

There's some sort of weird half-traction multiplier or something int he arena, it's fucky

e: there's some sort of "career" and levels in the arena, that involves loading back and forth into events and back to free roam repeatedly, fuuuuuuun
e2: if you pick the wrong vehicle at the start of some events, you could be in for half an hour of frustrating boredom.

e3: :psyduck:

In your first match you're given a fully modded car with all kinds of weapons. that means you go into matches and people in their first one can loving steamroll everybody in lovely cars without. If you can buy your own $3m+ weaponized car and upgrade it for another mil+, you have a HUGE advantage as well. If you can't, well, i hope you like getting hosed up by dudes who can afford guns on their cars. I haven't even gotten far enough in to check, but there's a $722k gun dude you can add to your garage to modify your weaponized cars that may be needed to even install guns on the arena cars.

e4: tried selling a million dollar car, got this, car's gone, didn't get the money.

nice game, good job

Powershift fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Dec 11, 2018

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Powershift posted:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhahahahaha

You have to buy an arena war workshop that starts a million dollars because of loving course you do

There's some sort of weird half-traction multiplier or something int he arena, it's fucky

e: there's some sort of "career" and levels in the arena, that involves loading back and forth into events and back to free roam repeatedly, fuuuuuuun
e2: if you pick the wrong vehicle at the start of some events, you could be in for half an hour of frustrating boredom.

e3: :psyduck:

In your first match you're given a fully modded car with all kinds of weapons. that means you go into matches and people in their first one can loving steamroll everybody in lovely cars without. If you can buy your own $3m+ weaponized car and upgrade it for another mil+, you have a HUGE advantage as well. If you can't, well, i hope you like getting hosed up by dudes who can afford guns on their cars. I haven't even gotten far enough in to check, but there's a $722k gun dude you can add to your garage to modify your weaponized cars that may be needed to even install guns on the arena cars.

e4: tried selling a million dollar car, got this, car's gone, didn't get the money.

nice game, good job

Oh yeah daddy rockstar gon' give it to ya lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo

Still gonna try out this bad dumb update after work even with your delightful trip report

Fake edit: still loling about yet another workshop moneysink :allears: :allears: :allears:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

coupedeville posted:

Still gonna try out this bad dumb update after work even with your delightful trip report

Fake edit: still loling about yet another workshop moneysink :allears: :allears: :allears:

It's so loving bad and it makes the game modes super pay to win.

$1m for the shop
$1m minimum to turn a car you already own into an arena version or $3m+ for one of the already prepped cars
guns are $200k-$400k
mines are $300k-$600k
armor can get up to $1m

and most importantly, people who don't spend that money don't get any of it in the competitive modes. They just get basic cars with basic armor and that's it.

Still.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

coupedeville posted:

BUT ITS THE ONLY WORKSHOP THATS TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED ENOUGH TO BOLT A MACHINE GUN TO MY rear end

Are these new war cars usable in free roam? That is one thing that I really like about the NC update and being able to custom the Speedo and others, and they are just usable, unlike the "upgraded" crate delivery vehicles

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Powershift, are you sure the car’s gone?

I had that same message for a while when x80’s were on sale. Couldn’t sell any of mine, but now that it’s not on sale I can. The cars never went away though.

I assumed something like this would happen. R* gave us an easy money maker in nightclubs... they had to devise a way to soak up those funds. I’ve made over 80million from my nightclub even when I’ve played much less since they came out.

Still, you’re right, Get all of the nightclub businesses up and running or else, RIP

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, it's gone.

I just had some of that stuff in one of the arena modes where you laugh and smile while you're doing things, what's it called. starts with an F...

whatever.

e: there's a mode where there are 4 monster trucks and 10 minis, and the monster trucks have to crush all the minis, or the minis have to survive for 10 minutes. I found a spot in the arena where the mini can get to easily but the trucks struggle to reach and i sat there. with 2 minutes left, i was the only mini left, and sat there mocking the 4 truck guys as they kept trying and failing to get up there. With a minute left one eventually got up, so i hopped off and started ripping around the outside of the arena, and survived all the trucks repeatedly trying to divebomb me. It was great

Powershift fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 11, 2018

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Saw a Reddit post that they patched the oppressor speed glitch. Can anyone confirm?

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
My condolences... that sucks

Have to go to work, but will play during lunch in a couple of hours.

What’s up with the trade prices? You just have to participate in arena wars a certain number of times, right? Not necessarily win?

I suck at these modes :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

namlosh posted:

My condolences... that sucks

Have to go to work, but will play during lunch in a couple of hours.

What’s up with the trade prices? You just have to participate in arena wars a certain number of times, right? Not necessarily win?

I suck at these modes :(

You get a certain number of AP depending on how you do, how many you do in a row, how many friends are with you, and you level up. I'm up to level 9 and still don't have trade prices on any of the fully prepped cars.

Winning a race with 16 people gives you 80 AP which was most of the way from 8->9, losing only gives like 4 AP

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I assume you can play with a field of just your friends like other adversary modes?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

ahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

https://twitter.com/foxysnaps/status/1072391587349573632?s=21

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

good news: light up shoes

bad news: light up shoes make your hair flash in time with the shoe lights

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Are there new hair styles at least?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Zigmidge posted:

I assume you can play with a field of just your friends like other adversary modes?

I really hope this is the case :keke:

hiddenriverninja posted:

Are there new hair styles at least?

See below
vvvvvv

ahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Powershift posted:

good news: light up shoes

bad news: light up shoes make your hair flash in time with the shoe lights

It just keeps getting better and better all the time
:allears: :allears: :allears: :allears:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You can name your custom arena cars, and it shows up as the car's name on the leaderboard screen.

I named my car "Your Mom"

reception has been frosty.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Dukes can do a wheelie now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oimVrFa9jSE

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can't even get stubby bob to wheelie, it just spins the tires :(

e: i love how 5 years in, you can still get repeatedly shoved into the same on-call host lobby, and an entire lobby full of people can get held up by one dude timing out trying to join.
e: figured it out, hold the parking brake and rev then let go
e: even the stock sabre turbo can lift em a little, i'm guessing any car with wheelie bars as an option can do it now.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 11, 2018

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

You can name your custom arena cars, and it shows up as the car's name on the leaderboard screen.

I named my car "Your Mom"

reception has been frosty.

no tricks like old tricks

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

syscall girl posted:

no tricks like old tricks

Yes, we're all familiar with "Your Mom"

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

i hate to repeat myself but ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Neat, a stretched limo body on a monster chassis
wait
Why are the pipes coming out the rear fender?
Wait again, why are there 2 rear axles? What the blue hell is going on around here??!

https://twitter.com/FoxySnaps/status/1072382059908341760

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You're no longer my son.

Go watch Mad Max: Fury Road.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I'm also curious about the RC truck. In the video it shows a pack of them chasing a normal size vehicle, yet in the asset images it shows driver + passenger. Maybe you buy the full size one and it craps out mini versions of itself? Maybe theres a shrink ray involved?

Oh, here's your shrink ray!

https://twitter.com/FoxySnaps/status/1072388743733149696

Hoping that the missile is going to be like other games where you launch it and then take control. That'd rule to be able to chill up in Paleto and guide one of these to the city

Kinda surprised at how deep they went with the Mad Max refs, managed to hit all 4 movies it looks like

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The missile in the top left there and the RC are part of the arena mode. In some modes, only one vehicle from each team is in the arena. The other team members can choose the RC which can drive under opponents and explode, or drones, or turrets which can launch a missile every minute or so, and you fly the missile around manually and try to run it into the other team's car.

Some modes let you gently caress with the result after you're dead with those same tools.

The driver and passenger are part of the model, like some real R/C trucks have.

Also

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Phweengee posted:

Saw a Reddit post that they patched the oppressor speed glitch. Can anyone confirm?

Boooo! If so did they make the default speed any faster? It just feels so slow by default.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Game changer right here boys

lol and THREE new air horns too!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 11, 2018

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I may or may not have fully committed to this Mad Max cosplay.

e: Seriously though, they went full on with these cars. Holy poo poo.

The giant tanker truck even gets the War Rig's horn from Fury Road! Like the sound is spot on.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 12, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I didn't even know you enjoyed mad max

e: so there's legitimate gambling in the game now, huh.

There's a wheel you can pay $5k to spin after being knocked out that can pay out in AP, RP, cash, or ways to interfere with the game..

Winning a 15 minute long event against 16 players gives you 100 points towards your arena sponsorship level. i lost 30 seconds into a game, and sat at the wheel in the loser's lounge and hit the 250 3 times, and the 150 twice. leveled up 4 times while losers were out racing

Powershift fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 12, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Are people still playing this on PS4 or did everybody migrate to RDRO?

When are they going to make Hotring 2x RP and funbux again? I want to blast Gimme Some Lovin' in my Days of Thunder-era NASCAR and get irrationally mad about getting dumped by somebody who may not have necessarily meant to do it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I have 3400 arena points, which equates to at minimum 34 event wins with full lobbies, i'm level 21, and still haven't unlocked a single fuckin trade price on a car. even the lovely $30,000 cars

Also, motorcycles are drat near invincible in some of the events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

CBJSprague24 posted:

Are people still playing this on PS4 or did everybody migrate to RDRO?

When are they going to make Hotring 2x RP and funbux again? I want to blast Gimme Some Lovin' in my Days of Thunder-era NASCAR and get irrationally mad about getting dumped by somebody who may not have necessarily meant to do it.

when I get poo poo set up at my new place I'm definitely buying all the crap and playing the derbies. hopefully by tomorrow night or Thursday