Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I kinda dug the flashbacks to the old panels ewing was doing in hulk - the best defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

site posted:

It's a loving crime barely anyone reads monstress cuz takeda is easily one of the best artists working today and she's hardly talked about anywhere

I read the first trade-- it was very pretty but I found it so unrelentingly depressing and bleak that I never bothered to catch up, even though the story was intriguing enough on its own terms. This was sort of why I dropped Deadly Class shortly after the first trade too-- I remember getting and reading both of them on the same day through Image's $10 first volume thing and just being bummed out at the beach.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah it's not a happy story by any means, definitely not a laying on the beach book lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yawn

https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1072517302732685312?s=19

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This time for real!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I really hope Dan Slott isn't going to try and break Stan Lee's record on issues of FF like he did with Spider-Man, especially since I doubt FF will ever double ship.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yuck.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I actually miss Bendis now.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Oh you mean that one new cosmic entity they just fought that is based around destroying poo poo is coming back in a bigger way? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

^burtle posted:

I actually miss Bendis now.

Aside from that first arc of Ultimate FF and then Ultimate Doom if you want to count it, Bendis never really wrote the Fantastic Four, did he? Writing a team book about a very small team might have fit into his wheelhouse pretty well.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
It's really hard to tell what these teasers are for, it could be:

1) An "event" or "mini-event"
2) An arc contained in the Fantastic Four book
3) Some weird one-shot or mini-series, in the past people have speculated wildly about teasers that led to an X-Men Noir mini-series, or a What If? one shot, or something similarly marginal.

They've already sent out two additional teasers about Captain America and Spider-Man, so it's either 1 or 3. My money for the moment is on #3, this is just going to be a series of one-shot Elseworlds/What Ifs, but I'm not basing this on inside info.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/PREVIEWSworld/status/1072591625380134913?s=19

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So what if: the event?

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
So the answer to all of these is Wolverine right? Now that he’s back they might as well instantly over saturate his usage.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

It's really hard to tell what these teasers are for, it could be:

1) An "event" or "mini-event"
2) An arc contained in the Fantastic Four book
3) Some weird one-shot or mini-series, in the past people have speculated wildly about teasers that led to an X-Men Noir mini-series, or a What If? one shot, or something similarly marginal.

They've already sent out two additional teasers about Captain America and Spider-Man, so it's either 1 or 3. My money for the moment is on #3, this is just going to be a series of one-shot Elseworlds/What Ifs, but I'm not basing this on inside info.

What's the Cap one?

The Spider-Man one is "who brought Spider-Man back after Spider-Man No More?" for everyone else.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

2019 is the 80th Anniversary of Marvel. I'm sure this has something to do with that. Some kind of deep dive into history storyline.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They're going to put Stan Lee (back) into the comics, obviously. Maybe they'll put Kirby and Ditko in as well.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Full list so far:
Who Really Gave the Fantastic Four Their Powers
Who Brought Spider-Man Back After "Spider-Man No More"
Who Found Captain America On Ice Before the Avengers
Who Saved Jean Grey from Dark Phoenix

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Edge & Christian posted:

Full list so far:

The Stonecutters?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Looking forward to the Fantastic Totem

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Edge & Christian posted:

Full list so far:

Edit:

Lobok posted:

The Stonecutters?
Agh, too slow

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

All of these are pretty directly answerable without destroying history, too.

1) Reed Richards traveled back in time and became the Cosmic Rays that hit him and his friends in a really dumb JMS-y JMS story in Fantastic Four.
2) Spider-Man quit being Spider-Man and then in the same issue remembered the promise he made to Uncle Ben so decided to go back to being Spider-Man.
3) Namor literally found Captain America frozen in ice and being worshipped as a god by Inuits and threw him into the ocean.
4) Jean Grey was never Dark Phoenix.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Horrifying guess #1: The Sentry.

Horrifying guess #2: Dr. Emil Gargunza.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I kinda hope that they're doing something like basing a new character off that fan theory that the Stan Lee who cameos in every Marvel movie is in fact the MCU version of the Watcher, so it's going to turn out that Uatu has a prankster brother named Ulee or Ustan or something who likes to subtly interfere in events to make them more interesting.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

In a shocking development, Booster Gold has found himself in the Marvel Universe and the first thing he does is completely gently caress up the timeline on this line of books.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

So a Marvel version of Mopee?

Only the Ambush Bug version where he takes credit for everyone's origins, not just the Flash's.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
"Marvel history is destroyed" definitely makes me think more goofy humor book than straight retcon, but we'll see

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah they already had thier dumb OC character in the Sentry, this seems like a retread.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wanderer posted:

I kinda hope that they're doing something like basing a new character off that fan theory that the Stan Lee who cameos in every Marvel movie is in fact the MCU version of the Watcher, so it's going to turn out that Uatu has a prankster brother named Ulee or Ustan or something who likes to subtly interfere in events to make them more interesting.

Call it Stack Ditlee, and you've got the three people who invented all of them (except Namor).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

Call it Stack Ditlee, and you've got the three people who invented all of them (except Namor).

Sounds like a Star Wars character.

Thranguy posted:

Horrifying guess #1: The Sentry.

Horrifying guess #2: Dr. Emil Gargunza.

Holy smokes look at the gargunzas on that guy!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well no matter what, I'm sure the answer will be very good and will definitely be a comic for the ages :v:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Edge & Christian posted:

Full list so far:

I think I know the answer:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think I know the answer:

You guessed it: Frank Stallone.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
Lemire's Sentry is so good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wait wait wait i know my marvel history i can answer this

Rick Jones

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Balon posted:

So the answer to all of these is Wolverine right? Now that he’s back they might as well instantly over saturate his usage.

Wolverine being over saturated wouldn't bother me if they could get at least one good goddamn writer for him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaunab posted:

Wolverine being over saturated wouldn't bother me if they could get at least one good goddamn writer for him.

Charles Soule is a good writer, and so is Jason Aaron

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Edge & Christian posted:

All of these are pretty directly answerable without destroying history, too.

1) Reed Richards traveled back in time and became the Cosmic Rays that hit him and his friends in a really dumb JMS-y JMS story in Fantastic Four.
2) Spider-Man quit being Spider-Man and then in the same issue remembered the promise he made to Uncle Ben so decided to go back to being Spider-Man.
3) Namor literally found Captain America frozen in ice and being worshipped as a god by Inuits and threw him into the ocean.
4) Jean Grey was never Dark Phoenix.

I love that this one is completely true and yet is such an egregious retcon that it's constantly mostly ignored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

In the end it doesn't matter because it's basically this

Only registered members can see post attachments!