Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I honestly like her design a lot, she's got cute hair/face and I like the little flowy shoulderpads. Her spear's cool, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

I honestly like her design a lot, she's got cute hair/face and I like the little flowy shoulderpads. Her spear's cool, too.

yeah her entire weapon scheme is good

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
MOTHERFUCKING KING. HAS. SAN.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Gologle posted:

MOTHERFUCKING KING. HAS. SAN.

HASSAN CHOP!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

YggdrasilTM posted:

They have different head shape, different eyes, different hairs and different dress.

Seriously. There's nothing similar between them beyond them being girls, having twintails, and the "camera" angle.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Catching up on Babylon. Just met Jaguar Taiga Warrior. Amazing.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Sophism posted:

To echo the sentiment I've seen posted elsewhere: Bradamante is a painfully generic harem LN design, and that NP looks straight out of a fanservice mobage titled "*Insert Noun Here* Girls"

I guess people really hate butts. Doesn't seem any worse than Yu who has a dress held up by nothing and does a Dirty Dancing back arch while being showered in blood for her NP.

I don't know what the rest of Bradamante's attack animations look like, but the first thing I thought when I saw her NP outfit was that she looked like a female wrestler. Which makes sense with this being a Quetz event. My mind didn't go straight to fanservice, because I feel like the servants in LB3 had more of that going on than Bradamante did.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the butt is funny imo

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

i can forgive :black101: if she has buttshots

fgo twitter has figured out that if the same artist draws similarly aged characters of the same gender with the same body type in the same pose then they'll probably look fairly similar, and this has really helped them decide who to send death threats to each week

Zui and Bradamante don’t even have the same artist so vOv

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

guys, get this...takeuchi draws the same face!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

their eye shapes arent even the same

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you're really preoccupied with this huh

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Saitom is one of my favorite artists, you guys can't take a joke for poo poo.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

idk, it doesn't seem like much of a joke. artist draws similar character, news at 11.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

here ill help you communicate that:

wow saitom is one of my favorite artists, im really glad theyre doing a servant

like what were we supposed to take away from you posting two random images of art by the same artist exactly

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Tae posted:

After the Parvati lynching Poe’s Law is strong.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Gasp, they both have blonde hair and have similar color schemes to their clothes, clearly there can be no other explaination than this being a total C&P hackjob *Sarcasm*

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I think people dont like sameface jokes cause an artist got harrassed already from the fanbase but IDK

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

Definitely. The voice is kind of annoying though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I think people dont like sameface jokes cause an artist got harrassed already from the fanbase but IDK

it's also a critique that doesn't really say anything imo, especially as time goes on like with Takeuchi

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

it's also a critique that doesn't really say anything imo, especially as time goes on like with Takeuchi

plus as 'sameface' gets memefied its stops really meaning anything, like people accused the new lancer of being a 'trace' of jalter's shinjuku costume even though the angle and pose are entirely different. people just say it because they see that the artist made something that looks similar and they heard the tracing/sameface meme once

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I'm Bradamante mostly because man looking up her story she seems pretty cool. We got a lady knight who kicked butt, saved her boyfriend from wizards, and helped Astolfo go to the moon.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
who cares about the rear end lady, prince of lanling's lines finally got translated and "Master, I wonder how to return the love, compassion and longing you've granted me. If it is for your sake, neither fire nor water nor even poison would be able to impede me." is going to slay me

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

well, one is flat

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Astolfo is still the cutest of the paladins, but I'll give Charlie this: The man has taste.

Also, Bradamante is one of the few Lancers who actually has a shield, and shields are good. See also Leonidas, Valkyrie.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The idea of fans of a Fate game harassing an artist for sameface designs... is a perfect distillation of the consummate lack of self-awareness so frequently displayed by people. You could put it in a textbook. It's downright academic.

Putting aside that ridiculous notion, I don't like her, but in any game with 100+ designs they can't all be winners

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nakar posted:

Astolfo is still the cutest of the paladins, but I'll give Charlie this: The man has taste.

Also, Bradamante is one of the few Lancers who actually has a shield, and shields are good. See also Leonidas, Valkyrie.

Her NP we see her using is actually the shield. "Bouclier d'Atlantes", so one she stole from Atlantes, a wizard who locked away her love interest to stop him from converting to Christianity.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I do enjoy Saitom's work. Bravo.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Shinjobi posted:

...I do not know why you would try to understand Quetz. That strength is absolutely bonkers.:stare:

I understood her just fine. It just took 5 servants to use as a sacrifice. :v:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

halokiller posted:

I understood her just fine. It just took 5 servants to use as a sacrifice. :v:

This is how my Quetz fight went too. Came down to Cleo in the clutch.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Did one last roll on the current JP banner on a lark and was blessed.

Finally have a 5 star of every available class.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
grats on your Mo-san, not sure why there's a peacock in the gacha pool though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

dogsicle posted:

the butt is funny imo

This guy gets it

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

She's perfect. :allears:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dr Pepper posted:

She's perfect. :allears:

Is it just me, or have the most fun/entertaining characters primarily been Rider-class?
Just off the top of my head, you've got Best Girl Medusa, Iskander the King of Bros, Quetzo Lucha Libre, Martha's new animation is definitely fun. And that isn't even factoring in the Servants who cross over for various reasons like Kintoki and Santa Alter and Surfer Mordred.
I dunno, it just seems like the Riders have the most fun.

Also, I finally watched the last episode of Cooking with Emiya Family.
THEY MADE BERSERKER COOKIES FOR BERSERKER :3:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

the_steve posted:

Is it just me, or have the most fun/entertaining characters primarily been Rider-class?
Just off the top of my head, you've got Best Girl Medusa, Iskander the King of Bros, Quetzo Lucha Libre, Martha's new animation is definitely fun. And that isn't even factoring in the Servants who cross over for various reasons like Kintoki and Santa Alter and Surfer Mordred.
I dunno, it just seems like the Riders have the most fun.

Also, I finally watched the last episode of Cooking with Emiya Family.
THEY MADE BERSERKER COOKIES FOR BERSERKER :3:

That is a very good episode, but I had to laugh at how everyone went out and had an enjoyable Christmas dinner but they apparently forgot to invite Archer and left him all alone on Christmas.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Bakanogami posted:

That is a very good episode, but I had to laugh at how everyone went out and had an enjoyable Christmas dinner but they apparently forgot to invite Archer and left him all alone on Christmas.

Hell, I think Archer was the one person who didn't show up at all in CWEF. Well, him and Kirei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the_steve posted:

Hell, I think Archer was the one person who didn't show up at all in CWEF. Well, him and Kirei.

archer had an entire episode where he cooked omurice for artoria